Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

... I don't think you're gonna be hunting a lot of game in the suburbs.

Oddly, my neighborhood in North Austin (at least as of 2019 when I moved away) has a herd of 20+ deer that just wander the streets, eating any unprotected vegetation.

https://nwaca.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Deer-Mgt-in NW-Austin-Schenck.pdf

A different North Austin neighborhood has a flock of Guinea fowl. http://gracy-wild.blogspot.com/2009/03/history-of-gracywoods-guineafowl.html?m=1

5TonsOfFlax has a new favorite as of 03:13 on Feb 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001

xtal posted:

Neat, numbers stations are on twitter now
They are. My personal favorite is @cynthiafortune.

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001

cult_hero posted:

Not to be a shill, but online banks can get you 4.5% APR on no minimum balance online accounts. I use Betterment.com personally. While not as readily accessible as a local bank, it's not bad for mid-long term stuff...

Betterment is currently at 4.75% actually.

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001

Telegnostic posted:

What is this man's trouser situation.

Those are trousest

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001

Tree Bucket posted:

Well, 
I'm 
sorry 
it's
 so 
late, 
only
 I 
was 
wondering… How
 much
 would 
it 
cost 
to
 block everybody? 
Everybody
 in 
the 
world?

Nothing at all, Mr. Bucket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001
I just read a Harry Turtledove short story in which an aging John Audubon stomps around Atlantis in search of a nearly extinct large flightless bird apparently related to Canada Geese. He finds them, and shoots one.