Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Jon Bois is a national treasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

This is great. I fell for the setup and then OHHHHHH yeah okay yep.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

gently caress this subhuman garbage man forever. "Oh, sorry folks for my disservice!" Bastard knew exactly what he was doing was pure evil. Not a good tweet.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Good lord, people get crazy about wedding invitations. The exact same thing is happening to a friend of mine. They sent out messages that were really clear: it's outside, social distancing enforced (or get kicked out), no kids, there will be spaces to camp. They were also really clear that they might just cancel the day before because PANDEMIC and all.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

:laffo: that was amazing.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

SO GOOD. Donated 💰

Professor Wayne posted:

I didn't notice the car at the end until the fourth time I watched it. So good.

AHHHHHH

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Holy poo poo :lol: that couldn't be more perfect.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

It's nice that people are rediscovering the fun of participatory singing adapted for the technology of the day.

As someone who has sat through dozens of lovely 'telematic' music concerts, it's hilarious to me that the answer to good telematic music is sea shanties and muppets.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

What's dumb is that BA had a textbook 'Friends' scenario. Matthew Perry and Courtenay Cox may have been the A-tier stars, and the others not so much, but they paid everyone equally because it was the ensemble that made the show.

So sure, Gaby wasn't the one making 5-million-view videos on Oreos, but without her popping up, the kitchen is not the same, the videos aren't as fun, etc..

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

Yep, that's me. I started this job remote and I will be expected, for no reason at all other than tradition, to start going into the office as soon as it opens.

If you get paid enough, just hire a stand-in to go into the office for you.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

Have seen this before so think she’s pinched someone else’s joke, but also don’t the characters have to both have names to pass?
I think having 'Queen' in your name gets you enough points.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

That happened to me. I went to a new dentist and they were like 'You have a cavity!' despite never having one in my life. Then the next year, they said I had 14 cavities. I poo poo you not. I had no pain, no irritation... but they said I had 14 cavities.

So I went to a new place and the honest dentist was like WTF no your teeth are fine.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

zoux posted:

I always suspected dentistry was a scam. I shall never go again!

The lesson I learned is: trust your dentist / doctor as much as you would trust a floor salesman at Best Buy.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Neurion posted:

They sell floors now? They must really be struggling

You're definitely going to want the Monster Cable™ bamboo laminate. It has superior transfer of vibration for incredible airyness.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

We had a dot matrix printer in 5th grade that perfectly played the very beginning to Back in Black.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Oh my god.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

ookiimarukochan posted:

Also they removed the electric sheep from the film (there's the owl but that's about it in terms of the all-animals-are-extinct backstory)

"Is that snake real?"
"Of course it isn't. You think I could afford that?"

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Seriously, don’t ever do this. Donate on your own if you want to but don’t donate to some corporation’s tax write-off

You are incorrect, just FYI. Your donations are only deductable by you. This also goes for at-the-register donations, like at the supermarket.

I don't know why corporations do this, but Amazon can't write off your charity donation. Also they don't have to; they already dodge all their taxes.

edit: here's one article

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Yeah Amazon can gently caress right off with their tax dodging, but it's not because of your charity donations.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Philippe posted:

The moral of the story is that nerds are awful and always have been.

There is a really cool book called the 'Lexicon of Musical Invective'. It's a full book of critics wailing about how terrible this *NEW* music is, except it's all classical-era music. So you get paragraph after paragraph of old newspaper reviews calling Mozart and Beethoven the worst loving thing ever done to music.

So yeah, nerds are awful and will always leap at the chance to hate on something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Read After Burning posted:

This sounds amazing.

Yeah it's pretty fun. It's organized by composer, so you can just look up 'Ravel' and see people pissing their pants about him.