Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
LLJK made. If you dont have SA in your name post in here when you apply and I'll accept.

I'll have to figure out how to guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Thanks! Applied as Leopold.

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.
applying as hotdog

should we do discord?

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
Applied as SuperRad. I made it to Blacksmith woo!

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Left my old guild, will apply as Hilarity in about 8 hours. We're moving to the same channel too, or nah?

enahs
Jan 1, 2010

Grow up.

enahs fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 13, 2024

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

m.hache posted:

LLJK made. If you dont have SA in your name post in here when you apply and I'll accept.

I'll have to figure out how to guild.

Will apply when I get off work as Tootboots.

Someone please set up a discord and also someone pick a single channel/server for us all to switch to so we can do guild poo poo

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Can you reset stats/skills on this thing?

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

The March Hare posted:

Can you reset stats/skills on this thing?

yeah easily and repeatedly

for people like me who haven't played this game in forever and don't remember stupid poo poo like this- put all your attributes into str as a novice because you get a free reset as soon as you upgrade to your first class

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Okay I have never played this and am gonna need some kind of guide as far as the different classes go and what they do or if it even matters. Also save a spot for me in guild!

Is there any benefit to rerolling?

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Bob NewSCART posted:

Okay I have never played this and am gonna need some kind of guide as far as the different classes go and what they do or if it even matters. Also save a spot for me in guild!

Is there any benefit to rerolling?

Uh, I guess you could reroll the gear gatcha but I doubt it's worth the trouble.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Where can I figure out what all these classes do and the stats and whatnot? I’m kind of “optimal” about this stuff and I have never even touched ragnarok before so I need a precursor at least before I make my character, and I wanna get in ASAP because this looks cool

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bob NewSCART posted:

Where can I figure out what all these classes do and the stats and whatnot? I’m kind of “optimal” about this stuff and I have never even touched ragnarok before so I need a precursor at least before I make my character, and I wanna get in ASAP because this looks cool

https://ragnamobileguide.com/wizard-farming-build/

This whole site is great. I've just linked to the wizard guide I'm following.

I'll find a common server and put it in the guild notice. Also someone named genjoe applied. That any of you?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
How do your switch server/channel?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Montalvo posted:

How do your switch server/channel?

If you go to the portal in izlude (north) you can change.

Alternatively if you zone into the guild hall then walk out it's right there.

NA10 for us, NA1 for the guild (since it costs 20emperium to move it)

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Do we have a discord running?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bob NewSCART posted:

Do we have a discord running?

Not yet. We should probably get more players first. Only a few of us

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

I came here tonight with my...self. Oh God.
I'll hop over when the guild is lv3 for peak shards. Probably should get a few pubbies in there so people can start contributing towards guild level?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I think it might be useful for goons with more knowledge to explain how those of us that are newer can contribute to the guild. I have no idea what shards are, or what I can do to help the guild while I'm leveling up. Back when I played RO, all you did as a guild was fight in the war of emperium.

Driya
Feb 16, 2011

I played the poo poo out of ro private servers back in the day, so far I'm liking this game.

Applied to the guild as Driyan

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Montalvo posted:

I think it might be useful for goons with more knowledge to explain how those of us that are newer can contribute to the guild. I have no idea what shards are, or what I can do to help the guild while I'm leveling up. Back when I played RO, all you did as a guild was fight in the war of emperium.

Yeah, I know a ton of goons have years of RO experience but as far as personally, I feel like I should make a paladin because it looks cool throwing your shield at everything and they also seem to have a cooler appearance. I’m pretty lost though and a lot of the guides I’ve looked up have assumed some amount of pre existing knowledge. That guide/website a goon linked above is good stuff though

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah, that website is pretty great. Unfortunately I did not realize you could reset your skills and stats when you got your second job, because I'm building a support priest and leveling up a support-focused acolyte is drudgery.

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

Montalvo posted:

In ROM, you level up guilds by:

- Members completing their guild quests daily (this requires some coordination as all the quests I've seen require some sort of interaction with other guildies)
- Completing the guild dojo (basically a training ground available to your guild with levels of increasing difficulty)
- Guild contribution via donations (in the back of the guild hall there is a donation vendor that gives you a list of items you can donate. you can donate them if you have them, or you can auto buy them by clicking acquire, then clicking donate once you've purchased them)

The thing about the above is that you're awarded in guild contribution points and medals, both of which are necessary to level up your runes (you unlock runes by doing the valkyrie content in guild hall) and your guild blessing (perma buffs to stats). So it's in your best interest, as well as the guilds, to contribute as much as possible.

At level 2 of the guild, you unlock a weekly boss arena that you can run with guildies. At level 3, you unlock the guild vending machine, which has something called peak shards. Peak shards are required to level your final class past the 40 lvl cap.

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

Montalvo posted:

Yeah, that website is pretty great. Unfortunately I did not realize you could reset your skills and stats when you got your second job, because I'm building a support priest and leveling up a support-focused acolyte is drudgery.

You get stat and skill resets for free throughout the game. Otherwise, they're 500k each. Here's a guide on where you get them for free: https://ragnamobileguide.com/guide-to-stats-and-skill-reset/

Also, here's a good compilation of (more advanced) guides I found on reddit today: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uvby2O9xSSv3Eqzp3xPRDhydVAUHOfHxquQHnSjUHi0/edit#gid=0

And here's a very handy dailies / weeklies guide to follow to make sure you are ~*being efficient*~: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pqqit85CgUGNa2TtJOhayuSFuSc4rExQgzKI9nXHI-U/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Thanks for the information! There is so much more to do in this iteration of the game, goddamn.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Applied to guild as Stacker.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I am enjoying how this is basically how I would play RO back in the day ie botting and doing quests once in a while.

Applied as Deathplague and DpAcolyte(FS priest on alt account)

Rimjob Rodeo
Apr 29, 2004

Heeey, applied to guild as Gamin.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

applied as queebSA

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

https://discord.gg/8ExXwmS

Made a little discord for us to convene and ask for guild invites and stuff

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bob NewSCART posted:

https://discord.gg/8ExXwmS

Made a little discord for us to convene and ask for guild invites and stuff

Added to guild message.

Nargiddley
Jul 30, 2006

Applied to the guild as Mr_Man

Triikon
Jul 18, 2006
Applied as SpicySalmon

Snayke
Mar 5, 2009
Applied as Snaykei.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
Glad to see so many people taking interest! I edited the OP with a few links for resources on guides and information. If anyone has any other suggestions to add I'll happily put some in there.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
Got into guild finally. The grind is real. Last time I played RO was essenceRO. Im stuck at level 49 and grinding grinding grinding. Are there any monetary benefits for paying for premium?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Applied as inkel.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Applied as Atronie

Also I've seen a couple people as the 2-2 jobs, Crusader/Monk/etc. How do you unlock those?

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
Are the ios and and android servers linked? Im having trouble loading my account on nox.

Edit: n/m , just linked both to my fb account woo. I applied to the guild as KarthSA!

ZionestLord fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jan 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
Applied on Reprisal