Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

I generally like throwback colours but the design doesn’t work here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
That was a solid last 20.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Imperatori is a loving idiot.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Dollar Store Monaco.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
So, Nissan made a front-engined Skyline Group C car;

Being essentially a worked over JTGC Silhouette car it failed spectacularly. You think they would have learned but then 2015 happened.

Later, this much better Group C "Skyline" appeared;

Which would lead to their solid R-series cars.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I’m not sure what KCMG was trying to pull with Koba. This is one of the most attrition-heavy races in recent SF history.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The Toyota GT-One and the Dauer 962 are the most hilarious race cars because of how they took advantage of loopholes in the rules.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

net work error posted:

Super GT is still pretty cool.

It’s a very liberal silhouette formula. What I’m saying is bring back GTU/GTO and keep DPi.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
LeMans 1994 was really cool in hindsight because it was basically a Formula Libre made up of cars from defunct series. Where else could you see Group C cars and IMSA GTO cars racing one another?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I’m hoping from a 1994 redux where everybody just brings whatever is lying around.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Yeah that's probably it. I've always found it strange that there are two Dunlops (In the east it's Sumitomo.)

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Toyota is cool.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Hell agreed. Remember back in 2005 and 2006 when it was just Audis versus Pescarolo that everyone was talking about how amazing Audi was so I'm assuming people are just being racist against Toyota. Very sad

In all seriousness certain people seem to get extremely angry when they win.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Their C-V series of cars remain my favourites.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Super Formula at Sugo this weekend. It’s a fine circuit.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

We all love Mazda :japan:

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
iT RUinS tHe SUpra’s lEgEnDaRY NAme.

(Everybody is aware that the Supra was a model in its own right for less than two decades right? It wasn’t even called a Supra in it’s home market until February of 1986).

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Also the MK3 was the only one that had any real success in its production form. The MK4 silhouette cars didn’t Even use the 2JZ.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
https://racer.com/2019/07/04/ford-reveals-gt-mk-ii/

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

track day bro! posted:

I'm pretty sure production car records, especially stuff like the ring laptime specify the car has to be road legal. These track only supercar things are loving dumb anyway, you never see them at tracks even at like high end TD's and more than likely they'll just get clowned on by someone in a Radical that costs a quarter of the price.

I appreciate that they exist.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Finally.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The Corvette guys always knew mid-engine was the way to go.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Bad move.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Are the DTM cars running the SGT spec Bridgestones/Michelin/Dunlop tires?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

harperdc posted:

Nein, all the Japanese cars are running the DTM spec Hankook tires. Nobody is using the DRS or push to pass gimmicks either.

Despite the advantage the DTM cars should have had the Super GT cars had the measure of them come race time.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Messy second Super GT race.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The front engined NSX is strange but I think it must be done for ease of balance with DTM. Ever since the original NSX appeared it’s had to be nerfed considerably in order to balance it against the front engined cars.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
So the Super GT champions (Team LeMans) are withdrawing from GT500 as they lost their support from Toyota. This also effects their Super Formula team as well, they are gone come 2020. I wonder what happened.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Cerumo-Inging are also running 3 cars in Super Formula.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Idemitsu produces the OEM branded motor oil for Honda and Mazda I believe. Perhaps others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Do not put much faith into testing times.