Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Open Marriage Night posted:

I’m putting a fiver on Finn winning, so it’s your fault if I lose that bet, Rarity!

You should never doubt your #1 scoopsgal :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Rarity posted:

You should never doubt your #1 scoopsgal :colbert:

Let's just say it's a... rarity she's wrong

Heh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quasipox posted:

Let's just say it's a... rarity she's wrong

Heh

J-Ru plz

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Harsh, Dave:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1085044954278154240

But true.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hate bringing up bad memories, but this Finn/Brock match honestly just makes me remember the Samoa Joe/Brock match, where they allowed fans to buy into the challenger having a shot only to poo poo on them when the actual match came about.

I wanna believe in Finn, really I do, but I can't see anything but shenanigans beating Brock Lesnar.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Please do shut down the hopeful feelings and so on. be quicker about it next time as well, for your well-being.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will take your words to heart and try to be better next time.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

Aphrodite posted:

Diabolical. They’re going to really regret missing out on less skin than her ring gear shows.

I watched this bit on YouTube and let me tell you, I'm honestly shocked Vince had enough restraint not to have Lawler pop in at the end and shriek "PUPPIES" at the camera. You know, just to really drive the point home.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Braun’s got Lugered so bad :(

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Shinjobi posted:

I hate bringing up bad memories, but this Finn/Brock match honestly just makes me remember the Samoa Joe/Brock match, where they allowed fans to buy into the challenger having a shot only to poo poo on them when the actual match came about.

I wanna believe in Finn, really I do, but I can't see anything but shenanigans beating Brock Lesnar.

Things are different now. This is a new era. We are the authority. Like Steph has empowered the WWE Women Superstars, so has Vince empowered the WWE Universe.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So when can we book Finn in a tuxedo match?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

So when can we book Finn in a tuxedo match?
finn vs ibushi in a tuxedo match

Whoever Wins We Win

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:ghost: post

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

bloodysabbath posted:

Vince thinks it’s still 1996, is unaware that the Internet exists outside of the WWE Network, and thinks that the mere hint of forbidden flesh constitutes appointment TV of a water cooler show.

Vince also thinks appointment TV and water cooler shows exist in 2019.

Literally the only clips with more views from this Raw on Youtube are Braun tipping over the limo and the Cena/Balor segment.

Complain all you want, but it seems it still works.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Whilst I do like Cena, I really hate the way that WWE sometimes uses him.

Specifically when they have him go out and say "Hey guys, I am John Cena, you love me right, so I will raise the hand of this other guy whom you now must love." or alternatively "Hey fans, you really like this guy for some reason that management can't understand. Well now I am standing next to him, to give you a real reason to like him. Coz I am John Cena and more important than the rest of the roster."

I really hope that is not what they are doing with Balor.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

BrigadierSensible posted:

Specifically when they have him go out and say "Hey guys, I am John Cena, you love me right, so I will raise the hand of this other guy whom you now must love." or alternatively "Hey fans, you really like this guy for some reason that management can't understand. Well now I am standing next to him, to give you a real reason to like him. Coz I am John Cena and more important than the rest of the roster."

I didn't watch the show - because lol why would I - but it reads like it was more of a show of respect, and in that case I'm okay with it as a bonus rub.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

jesus WEP posted:

finn vs ibushi in a tuxedo match

Whoever Wins We Win

You really don't know ibushi if you think that wouldn't be a tuxedo vs. Ballgown match.

BrigadierSensible posted:

I still hate how the Raw after WM28 when the crowd wouldn't stop changing "yes" Cena acknowledged the chant then said to camera "you owe me one, Daniel". Daniel didn't owe you poo poo, you corporate bastard.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Between Mandy in a towel and the Bliss segment, WWE is clearly trying to cater to a weird fetish about implied nudity.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Apparently in WWE land, "shake things up" means keep Baron Corbin on the show and continue to feature him in as many segments/matches as possible.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

As mentioned in the recap OP, the Alexa backstage segment absolutely sounds like Vince read the script, thought it said "Alexa unveils the new titties" and then insisted on the segment once he found out otherwise.

I would honestly be shocked if it was anything but this

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Finn's gonna look really stupid coming out as Regular Finn after bringing the demon out for a no-stakes match with Baron Corbin.

Is there any chance Brock wants to have a real match with Finn a la Bryan?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So like is Braun injured or something? I'm confused about that switch.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Little Mac posted:

He had elbow surgery a few months ago and is apparently not cleared yet.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Little Mac posted:

Still not cleared from the elbow surgery he had a while ago

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Chris James 2 posted:

Still not cleared from the elbow surgery he had a while ago

Apparently Dave said he wasn’t pulled due to injury and this was “always the plan”

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Professor Funk posted:

Apparently Dave said he wasn’t pulled due to injury and this was “always the plan”

He made it sound like it was a planned bait-and-switch to sell more tickets for the Rumble. Does Strowman really generate that much more interest than Finn?

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

So what are they doing Braun vs Brock at Mania?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

bradzilla posted:

Finn's gonna look really stupid coming out as Regular Finn after bringing the demon out for a no-stakes match with Baron Corbin.

Is there any chance Brock wants to have a real match with Finn a la Bryan?
According to Dave Brock has been wanting to have a match with Finn for a while now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Akileese posted:

So what are they doing Braun vs Brock at Mania?

Seth/Brock.

Summary of what Dave said posted:

The situation dates back to Crown Jewel (which is now WWE World Cup), Baron Corbin interfered in the Lesnar vs. Strowman match, which would have eventually set up their rematch at RR.

Vince started to think about it, and at some point he would think “What do we do?”. The idea then was for Brock to get over Strowman in RR, which will setup Brock vs. Rollins at WM.

At one point, Vince felt that this isnt a good idea because (1) Strowman just lost -> cooling off, (2) the injury hurts him/his build to Lesnar rematch. So - letting Lesnar beat Strowman again is bad idea, gently caress finish is bad idea, Strowman winning the title is not in the card.

By then, there’s not a lot of choice on the babyface side on RAW. The top choice was Balor, and in fact Lesnar has been wanting to work with Balor for a year, which dated back to the “OVER” Twitter period for Balor. Lesnar has always wanted to do programs with agile guys like AJ, Bryan, and now Balor, because powerhouse vs powerhouse is always a bad match iho.

Dave's not sure if Braun's elbow is cleared.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Kimoa Kid posted:

He made it sound like it was a planned bait-and-switch to sell more tickets for the Rumble. Does Strowman really generate that much more interest than Finn?
depends if you mean in reality or in Vince’s brain

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Finn and Brock's match is going to be a no contest after Otis Dozevic wanders out and won't stop smelling the Demon's hair.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Weird. I guess in a roundabout way that all makes sense. I understand Brock's logic of not wanting a hoss vs hoss match. His match with Bryan was pretty drat good.

If you're doing Seth vs Brock at Mania you have to put the belt on Seth right? Having Brock just win again to keep the belt until Roman maybe someday comes back seems...ill advised.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

jesus WEP posted:

Braun’s got Lugered so bad :(

eh its more they didn't strike when the iron was hot (because roman was the star so why bother with braun) and then vince spent an entire year luger'ing roman until he got cancer

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Akileese posted:

If you're doing Seth vs Brock at Mania you have to put the belt on Seth right? Having Brock just win again to keep the belt until Roman maybe someday comes back seems...ill advised.

there's no one over enough on raw to justify putting the title on to make the face of the company while roman is out:

Braun Strowman - no interest in putting the title on him plus out with elbow injury
Dean Ambrose - stuck in godawful feud with seth
Drew McIntyre - has been on the main roster for less than year
Finn Bálor - is the new cesaro
Jinder Mahal - lmao
Kevin Owens - out with injury and probably shouldn't hold the universal title again
Seth Rollins - stuck in godawful feud with dean

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can't get over that godawful Dean IC title reign hhahahahahahahahahahah

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

there's no one over enough on raw to justify putting the title on to make the face of the company while roman is out:

Braun Strowman - no interest in putting the title on him plus out with elbow injury
Dean Ambrose - stuck in godawful feud with seth
Drew McIntyre - has been on the main roster for less than year
Finn Bálor - is the new cesaro
Jinder Mahal - lmao
Kevin Owens - out with injury and probably shouldn't hold the universal title again
Seth Rollins - stuck in godawful feud with dean

Congratulations Sami Zayn

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i was tempted to include sami on the list but thought it was too obvious that he's never getting a title run

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You forgot Elias

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I'm glad Bobby Lashley has the IC Title now since Lio Rush is at least moderately entertaining, which is better than Dean Ambrose who is currently 0% entertaining in any shape or form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I hope that a) a returning Sami Zayn wins the IC title, since Lashley was his feud before his limbs blew up, and b) Matt Riddle wins the rumble and also the universal championship.

Neither will happen, but I don't expect good things from this company so it won't be much of a surprise.