Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Max posted:

Does MMT agree with KB's read on KR? She doesn't really say one way or another, she just has a problem with me addressing it.

I don't think that KB's case was correct, but if the two choices are:

(a) He's town who thought he found a gotcha
(b) He's scum making a fake case, down to feigning discomfort about bringing the topic up at all

I'd confidently choose (a). My problem with you addressing it is that you're pointing out reasons that KB's case is incorrect (which isn't alignment-specific either way) instead of pointing out reasons that you think he's scummy.

And I think Rex is town and believe him when he says he realized Toal's pronouns were wrong midway through day 1. Regardless of whether or not I agree with what he's saying, I definitely believe that he's engaged by trying to figure out who the scum are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Max posted:

Anyway, thoughts to keep in mind:

Will KB be satisfied with KR continuing to not answer his question?
Does MMT agree with KB's read on KR? She doesn't really say one way or another, she just has a problem with me addressing it.

Those are just two but you get my drift.

KhediveRex posted:

I'd love to tell you there was something meaningful between the two. There wasn't. I was writing up a response to Keane that made reference to Toal. I used the generic "he". I started my next post, wrote "Toal made a bit of an rear end of himself", stopped to re-read it and wonder if it was too harsh. In the re-reading, I remembered that Toal uses gender neutral so, I changed it to theirself.

King Burgandy, do you feel that I provided an answer to your question?

In your opinion, who reacted to your case more strangely, myself or Max?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm, I missed it!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

I read it more as a really weak joke vote that was a little too self concious.

You posted a lot about me and the fact that I have made reads, but you don't say if you agree with them, or what your thoughts are on every other player in the game. Do you agree with KB's argument? KR's? Other people's conspicuous absence?

I'm explaining the reasons for why I am voting for the person who I am voting for, who is the person I think is mostly likely to be scum.

Are you?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I retract that one question.

And thank you MMT, that response makes sense.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm explaining the reasons for why I am voting for the person who I am voting for, who is the person I think is mostly likely to be scum.

Are you?

I am still eagerly awaiting Kash's reads, yes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I too forgot this game existed over the last 24 hours or so, but I'm here.

My issue is that nobody really reads as scummy to me.

In my experience Rex is always really wordy but "cool as a cucumber" so while I generally have a hard time reading him, nothing is standing out about his behaviour in this game as particularly scummy.

I don't think KB's case against Rex is a slam dunk one, but I do think it's an earnest one that he felt bad making. I'm especially reminded of this because in FFT Mafia KB and I were scum together with Toal and had a whole conversation at one point about being careful about using correct pronouns in thread having never been publicly corrected. So in that context, I believe that KB's argument comes from a genuine place. I don't think it's right though and is also equally likely that Rex just forgot and then remembered, so I'm not really comfortable following it.

I don't have a strong metaread on Max, but his responses to everything people have been saying have been totally reasonable, he's pushing people in a constructive way, and giving opinions. I don't think trying to consolidate votes in a pretty inactive D1 is a bad thing by any means.

I don't agree with MMT and feel like she's doing that classic D1 MMT tunnel on Max, but that is very much a town tell for her. :) Her vote for Max though definitely read as a joke though, I'm not really getting how people saw it as real.

Most other people have a little bit of content that seems fine? Solus does, Keane does, birb does.

I forgot that some people were in this game until I looked at the player list like BK and Tobbs. I looked up beek and then remembered Rex the case that was pushing him for more information. He hasn't posted anything but jokes but also hasn't responded to anything that's happened in the last few pages in general.

bee movie giving me vague gut tingles with his presence but lack of engagement. Normally I wouldn't vote on such a minor, minor gut read but for whatever reason nobody else is reading particularly scummy to me.

##vote bee movie

Max
Nov 30, 2002

gently caress I forgot about BK.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

I'm fascinated to hear about this chain lunch situation you have just invented.

Max posted:

gently caress I forgot about BK.

:burger:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

If mmt is lunches and flips scum we wil turbo you tomorrow

Quoting this because I forgot about it and hope b- is here to explain the reasoning behind it better.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ok that’s a fantastic joke

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I should vote you for that.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

Yes

I was going to come here and ask what you thought about my other thoughts but you beat me to it.

Anyway, thoughts to keep in mind:

Will KB be satisfied with KR continuing to not answer his question?

Those are just two but you get my drift.

As far as I can tell, KR answered me. It reads like a pretty reasonable response and I'm inclined to at least believe it enough to let it go for today. Outside of that issue, the only thing that struck me weird about KR was the vote on Toal which didn't really seem justified. I think I'd like to let it ride though.

##unvote

Max
Nov 30, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

As far as I can tell, KR answered me. It reads like a pretty reasonable response and I'm inclined to at least believe it enough to let it go for today. Outside of that issue, the only thing that struck me weird about KR was the vote on Toal which didn't really seem justified. I think I'd like to let it ride though.

##unvote

I'm just going to push you on this because it's the one thing that doesn't make sense to me: Why does KR answering your question with that reason address your issue you had? My initial response to this whole thing was because your argument was WIFOM incarnate. KR could have come up with a whole host of reasons that you would eventually be forced to say "I guess that sounds reasonable." I'm glad you're backing down from it, but why push it to begin with if that response was all it would take to get you to do so?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm being persistent about this because you characterized your gotcha this way:

King Burgundy posted:

I fully support this. I understand if no one follows me on this vote. It really feels like a smoking gun to me though, so I plan on staying there at this point unless KR convinces me otherwise.

That's all it took to convince you? Because this is rather forceful language when it would have been easy to go "maybe they just remembered?"

Max
Nov 30, 2002

And, again, what do you think of Rex’s actual content?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

So Tobbs said "Max is dangerous at scum" and you think I thought "oh no that is a real thing I should base a real vote on"?

Like I can't be mad because apparently everyone thought it, I'm more just baffled by it.

No, I just thought it seemed especially performative. In the same way I thought that post by PoS was. The PoS post bothered me more though.

Also, fwiw on PoS. Am I misremembering? Wasn't PoS like really an awesome player who was right about a lot of things in Shine Soldiers? I remember being really impressed and I could swear they even had opinions on potential scum even on D1. Not seeing that here.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Asiina posted:

I should vote you for that.

:glomp:

Max posted:

I am still eagerly awaiting Kash's reads, yes.

If Kash gets back and knocks the ball out of the park with cases that make him look clearly town, who would you be voting?

Max posted:

You posted a lot about me and the fact that I have made reads, but you don't say if you agree with them, or what your thoughts are on every other player in the game. Do you agree with KB's argument? KR's? Other people's conspicuous absence?

Sorry, I'm trying this really new thing for me where I focus all of my attention on the person who pings me the most :j:

My next two scum picks would be BK (who voted me and peaced out) and Solus (who I think I spotted a tell on, also his content is primarily just hedging on Max).

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

KhediveRex posted:

King Burgandy, do you feel that I provided an answer to your question?

In your opinion, who reacted to your case more strangely, myself or Max?

Yes. Max.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
B- and BK like to coast as scum with minimal engagement.

Let's dunk a scum bee D1 guys.

##vote b-minus1

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

If we no-lunch day 1 it would be really on brand for a fraternity of cops to not prosecute one of their own. But that is intolerable. ##vote Kash

Eagerly awaiting what KB has to say.

a lurker?

hmm hmm

Max
Nov 30, 2002

hambeet posted:

a lurker?

hmm hmm

It’s like people don’t believe in pressure votes or something.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also cooling on KB since he's not going for the easy push on me.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If we do have a bunch of cops of varying sanity, I'd put money on Pod doing something like making all the scum godfathers, thus forcing us to play mafia.

Just setup spec, but I wouldn't put it past Pod to mess with us a bit.

Hello this is a scum post or a soft claim and I’m going with the former ##vote tobbs

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

B- and BK like to coast as scum with minimal engagement.

Let's dunk a scum bee D1 guys.

##vote b-minus1

I feel leery of you.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno posted:

Hello this is a scum post or a soft claim and I’m going with the former ##vote tobbs

Why is it a scum post?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Wow I don't like all these Max votes, I get wanting to consolidate but I don't find Max to be scummy at all and some of those later votes feel over-explained. Especially Solus.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

KhediveRex posted:

Subtlety not doing for you? I'll be a little blunter.

I think Keane did the n0 cop thing only to stir the pot and see what came of it.

I think Toal made a bit of an rear end of theirself during the n0 cop discussion. Not as scum, just as flustered town.

I think Keane is voting Toal because he wants his stirring of the pot to have resulted in something meaningful and Toal was the most obvious target to go for following the n0 cop discussion.

I don't think Toal is scum. I don't think Keane is scum. I think they're both a little wrapped up in each other, too much to reasonably acknowledge that the stirring of the pot was for it's own sake.

And I want to hear from BK. Who is the only person who expressed conflicting opinions during the n0 cop discussion.

A good post

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

I feel leery of you.

I think his point is valid, when I have been scum with bee he has not really tried at all and BK is kind of the same way.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Why is it a scum post?

It’s a flavor of setup spec that lends itself to be either

A cop claim
A person who doesn’t know what town setup is like making speculation that requires a leap of faith that I do not think a townie judgement would have

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

I'm just going to push you on this because it's the one thing that doesn't make sense to me: Why does KR answering your question with that reason address your issue you had? My initial response to this whole thing was because your argument was WIFOM incarnate. KR could have come up with a whole host of reasons that you would eventually be forced to say "I guess that sounds reasonable." I'm glad you're backing down from it, but why push it to begin with if that response was all it would take to get you to do so?

Max posted:

I'm being persistent about this because you characterized your gotcha this way:

That's all it took to convince you? Because this is rather forceful language when it would have been easy to go "maybe they just remembered?"

As I've said repeatedly, this was not something that made me comfortable. It wasn't a gotcha in a normal scum slip way, it was a "gently caress, I hope this isn't real, what a lovely way to catch scum". So yes, while it is possible that KR was just that convincing(and for what it's worth, the thought process there does seem perfectly acceptable, so if he's making it up, he's done a good job of explaining it), it is also possible that I'm just glad of the excuse to move away from it for the day. I'm honestly not sure, it's all wrapped up together.

Like rather then bringing it up, I legit considered replacing out just so I wouldn't have to deal with it at all. :)

This again just seems. Like I'm surprised that you would not get me this strongly. I really feel like you are forcing it here because you pushed on it and now feel like you have to follow through.

But I think I'd rather vote one of the many who aren't really participating in a solid way over you, especially those we think might be scum. Since you will continue to put lots of good content out there.

Max posted:

And, again, what do you think of Rex’s actual content?

This again is just like. Are you even reading the things I write? You should know that previously I was Null on KR outside the "slip" as I've said as much explicitly AND implicitly. As of now, I'm feeling better about the slip, mostly, and I appreciate how much effort they are putting into the game. I wouldn't want to vote today. I dunno how often I've played with KR, but I don't really have an impression of them as a player and am unsure. I think if the slip hadn't happened at all though, I'd probably be leaning town on content.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

This again is just like. Are you even reading the things I write? You should know that previously I was Null on KR outside the "slip" as I've said as much explicitly AND implicitly. As of now, I'm feeling better about the slip, mostly, and I appreciate how much effort they are putting into the game. I wouldn't want to vote today. I dunno how often I've played with KR, but I don't really have an impression of them as a player and am unsure. I think if the slip hadn't happened at all though, I'd probably be leaning town on content.

This is what I've been trying to get from you. I have been reading the things you write, and you hadn't really commented on his reads at all or responded to them very strongly, so it looked like a dodge to me to just vote based on that one thing. I realize I jumped down your throat and I'm sorry for that but I didn't understand the point you were making at all.

Anyway:

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think his point is valid, when I have been scum with bee he has not really tried at all and BK is kind of the same way.

I should have clarified, I'm leery of tobbs because he's mostly agreed with me this game, and I am paranoid when people do that too many times!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

It’s a flavor of setup spec that lends itself to be either

A cop claim
A person who doesn’t know what town setup is like making speculation that requires a leap of faith that I do not think a townie judgement would have

I'm 100% not a cop. Well, not a cop cop.

With a paranoid N0 cop claim, I'm a bit, well, paranoid. Scum could also be cop cops for all I know.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm 100% not a cop. Well, not a cop cop.

With a paranoid N0 cop claim, I'm a bit, well, paranoid. Scum could also be cop cops for all I know.

If you’re not a cop cop then you would’ve known factually podima did not make the setup in that fashion so therefore you wouldn’t have floated the possibility

But you’re scum

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'd like it if people humored me and commented on Prince of Space, even if it is to say you have no read there.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

If you’re not a cop cop then you would’ve known factually podima did not make the setup in that fashion so therefore you wouldn’t have floated the possibility

But you’re scum

I'm super totally town, actually.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

I'd like it if people humored me and commented on Prince of Space, even if it is to say you have no read there.

I forgot to circle back on this. What about his last few posts bothers you? He's provided content and some reads on people, which is a lot more than you can say about others.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Last few, fyi.

Prince of Space posted:

I also feel the same way, both about myself and about others' contributions thus far.

I'd like to add more, but frankly all we've got right now is a dead cop's body and a self-admitted pot-stirrer.

Based purely on post- and word- count, I'd say the following people have given CopCon the least amount of information to discuss:

B-minus1, Kashuno, Hal Incandenza, SolusLunes, Asiina, BottleKnight, King Burgundy

Prince of Space posted:

Thank you. Missed that somehow.

I am actually leery of anyone who would see the amount of effort that KhediveRex has already put into this ongoing CopCon investigation and think that they need to be forcibly removed.

Prince of Space posted:

I am also ignoring King Burgundy's case(s) entirely, at least for now.

Lots of people seem to be grasping at straws currently, which is par for course on Day 1 I gather.

KhediveRex, you said that B-minus1 was acting odd and not nearly inquisitive enough for their usual self.

Do you think that's enough to vote them off Day 1?

I was going to vote Kashuno due to inactivity but now that they're here I want to see what they have to say.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Want to see what PoS says about Kash now I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
PoS, inquisitive and aloof, no hard opinions. I've played with them before a long time ago, don't know how that fits with their meta. Could be a scumbo hedging all their opinions.