Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Max posted:

Quoting this because I forgot about it and hope b- is here to explain the reasoning behind it better.
before you say anything, no i'm not purposely trying to take anything out of context, but i did delete other text in your post that wasn't related to kash and mmt. "mmt playing into scum meta/die scum/ waiting on mmt to come back" to me, this looks like you are trying to disguise an mmt scumbus with a kash joke read/vote so that you don't actually have to commit to voting mmt.

Max posted:

If we no-lunch day 1 it would be really on brand for a fraternity of cops to not prosecute one of their own. But that is intolerable. ##vote Kash

Max posted:

Also MMT is playing into her scum meta. She's mostly commented on safe topics and hasn't made any hard calls about people's alignments based on how they are posting.

Sorry MMT, ILU but also die scum.

Max posted:

But that's all conjecture and WIFOM. I'm voting Kash right now because he hasn't really done much and I want to pressure him into participating, while waiting on MMT to come back, because as you said, I was on her as well. She checked in to say she'd post more later, so I'm holding off on that until I see posts from her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

I'd like it if people humored me and commented on Prince of Space, even if it is to say you have no read there.

I sort of recall what you said about the Shine game, but prior to that I was thinking they were not saying much, but seemed to offer genuine opinions and ask the right questions when they did show up.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
i hate page sniping

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I am down for a cashew uno lunch. Sure, lurker rules might take care of him, but zero posts?

Die.

##vote Kashuno

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

B- and BK like to coast as scum with minimal engagement.

Let's dunk a scum bee D1 guys.

##vote b-minus1

This feels really disengaged compared to what I'd expect from Tobbs.

Tobbs: why b- over BK or Kash? Any opinions on Max or any of the people voting for Max?

If anything I think b- is town simply because he usually seems really scummy to me when he's scum and he hasn't this game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

I forgot to circle back on this. What about his last few posts bothers you? He's provided content and some reads on people, which is a lot more than you can say about others.

You think so?

Can you tell me who his top scum are from those posts? I don't see anything alignment related unless I stretch. And his content there is really asking other people for THEIR opinions.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

If anything I think b- is town simply because he usually seems really scummy to me when he's scum and he hasn't this game.

b-minus1 posted:

before you say anything, no i'm not purposely trying to take anything out of context, but i did delete other text in your post that wasn't related to kash and mmt. "mmt playing into scum meta/die scum/ waiting on mmt to come back" to me, this looks like you are trying to disguise an mmt scumbus with a kash joke read/vote so that you don't actually have to commit to voting mmt.

oh noooo

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

B- and BK like to coast as scum with minimal engagement.

Let's dunk a scum bee D1 guys.

##vote b-minus1

ooh i missed this vote. :getin:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Town reads on Max, KB, and KR.

Lurking, disengaged scum read on B-, BK.

Kash is aggressive as scum and town, null read.

Null read on everyone else atm.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

You think so?

Can you tell me who his top scum are from those posts? I don't see anything alignment related unless I stretch. And his content there is really asking other people for THEIR opinions.

Yes reading it back it's mostly lurker callouts. I forgot those were the specific names he dropped.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

This feels really disengaged compared to what I'd expect from Tobbs.

Tobbs: why b- over BK or Kash? Any opinions on Max or any of the people voting for Max?

Literally was just scum with b-, his play was similar if not identical to this one.

Same for beek, would be happy with either.

Kashuno, nobody seemed to care that he wasn't posting at all. Worth removing in a game where nobody's posting seems particularly bad. Now that he's here and pushing me, he's a null read.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also ~3 hours to go and uh

Again, that's quite the spread.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Solus tunneling Max again looks scummy. I don’t really see how you can look at Max’s content in the last few pages and think yeah, he’s the right vote today.

KB, does Rex’s content look townie to you leaving aside the slip?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote b- maybe that will help

Max
Nov 30, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

I mean, do you still feel that way?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Solus tunneling Max again looks scummy. I don’t really see how you can look at Max’s content in the last few pages and think yeah, he’s the right vote today.

Solus' back and forth smacks of genuine uncertainty to me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Literally was just scum with b-, his play was similar if not identical to this one.

Same for beek, would be happy with either.

Kashuno, nobody seemed to care that he wasn't posting at all. Worth removing in a game where nobody's posting seems particularly bad. Now that he's here and pushing me, he's a null read.

I'm fine with those votes. I'll hop on anyone who hasn't really been doing much.

I want to start here though.

##vote Prince

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Solus' back and forth smacks of genuine uncertainty to me.

uncertainty of where to place a vote without drawing too much suspicion imo ##vote Solus

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

I'm fine with those votes. I'll hop on anyone who hasn't really been doing much.

##vote Prince

Hmmm I read back over PoS and I suppose I see where you are coming from. He sort of said he was suspicious of Khedive (for trying too hard) but most of the rest of his opinions are more about actions and not alignments

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Yeah, answered this just above. But outside the slip I'd probably be leaning town, even with the slightly strange vote on Toal.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

hambeet posted:

a lurker?

hmm hmm

What are your other thoughts?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Having no hard opinions and hedging the ones you do have is a solid scum strategy. I could get behind a PoS lunch.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Hey I'm stuck at an airport waiting on a delayed flight irl so I'm on my phone, teleconferencing in to CopCon.

I don't have a read on Kashuno right now and I think it's odd how the conversation got steered my way (and unfortunate timing, really!), but reply I must - after I reply to this:

King Burgundy posted:

Also, fwiw on PoS. Am I misremembering? Wasn't PoS like really an awesome player who was right about a lot of things in Shine Soldiers? I remember being really impressed and I could swear they even had opinions on potential scum even on D1. Not seeing that here.

From what I recall, I was pretty terrible at the mafia side of Shine but really good at the soldiers aspect. I was really close to figuring out a lot of the night combat stuff at certain points, but I was thrown off by there being two "queens" per side.

I'm definitely not a day 1 detective. Who was it that ruined it for team Texas day 1? Infinitum? Good times. :clint:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Prince of Space posted:

Hey I'm stuck at an airport waiting on a delayed flight irl so I'm on my phone, teleconferencing in to CopCon.

I don't have a read on Kashuno right now and I think it's odd how the conversation got steered my way (and unfortunate timing, really!), but reply I must - after I reply to this:

From what I recall, I was pretty terrible at the mafia side of Shine but really good at the soldiers aspect. I was really close to figuring out a lot of the night combat stuff at certain points, but I was thrown off by there being two "queens" per side.

I'm definitely not a day 1 detective. Who was it that ruined it for team Texas day 1? Infinitum? Good times. :clint:

I mean, that wasn't my recollection, but I could be wrong I suppose. I don't have time to look back right now. Maybe I'll do so later.

Who are your top picks for scum today?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I’m fine on prince for now

Does no one else see a problem with tobbs posting setupspec he supposedly knew was false

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Prince of Space posted:

I think it's odd how the conversation got steered my way

Odd how so?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I’m fine on prince for now

Does no one else see a problem with tobbs posting setupspec he supposedly knew was false

Wait what? I feel like I might not be understanding what you're saying.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If we do have a bunch of cops of varying sanity, I'd put money on Pod doing something like making all the scum godfathers, thus forcing us to play mafia.

Just setup spec, but I wouldn't put it past Pod to mess with us a bit.

Like to be fair, I had the same thought about "what if the scum team is all Godfathers?"

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

King Burgundy posted:

##vote Prince

Prince of Space posted:

that didn't take long. i don't really see how a few mentions of your name + one vote is the same as the conversation steering your way

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
Me personally, I think theres enough to work with on this Day 1. People keep saying that there wasn't anything happening. I saw a lot of cases get presented, a lot of oddity.

Bminus doesn't seem like his town self. But also, at three hours to deadline, I don't see anyone coming in to defend him. If Bminus is scum, wheres the scum counter-push?

Are we committed to lynching a lurker today? Solus said earlier that he doesn't put any faith in the lurker gun. Maybe I haven't played enough games but, I don't see where he's coming from with that. Lurker gun has always worked for me (and at least once on me).

Someone care to explain why it's better to lynch? I look at it from the perspective that flipping a lurker won't give us any insight into what went down today, regardless of what team they're on.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
To be honest, my top scum read would have to be you, King Burgundy, simply because you seem to be pushing hard down these avenues of reasoning that only make sense if you're coming at this case with a highly trained cop-hunting perspective.

Painting me as some kind of genius puppet master is precisely the tactic that was used by scum (lead by you, King Burgundy) to get me voted off.

I'm not an experienced interrogator [/player of, Mafia], but I can gain momentum as town even without a special role and that's dangerous to scum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Oh I could swear deadline was tomorrow night, I'm catching up on the thread now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

Wait what? I feel like I might not be understanding what you're saying.

Like to be fair, I had the same thought about "what if the scum team is all Godfathers?"

He knows we aren’t all cops of varying sanities because he ain’t one

It feels like he was trying to get people to put themselves out there with claims

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

KhediveRex posted:

I don't believe the n0 cop claim. But I don't think the false claim was motivated by scummy intentions. It did start us out with something to actually discuss.

I think reactions to the cop claim are possibly important.

MMT - Thinks the claim could be real. In as much as Keane is paranoid and would return a scum verdict on anyone.

Toal - Thinks the claim could be real.

Max - Thinks the claim could be real.

Asiina - Doesn't believe the claim.

Rex - Doesn't believe the claim and rounds on Toal about it.

Hambeet - Doesn't believe the claim and rounds on Toal about it.

Birb- Doesn't believe the claim and rounds on Toal about it.

Hal- Doesn't believe the claim.

Bminus - Doesn't believe the claim and thinks Keane is suspicious for introducing it.

King Burgandy - Doesn't comment on the claim but steps in to defend Toal.

Tobbs - Doesn't comment on the claim but steps in to say that Keane played his role right by claiming, if that is his role.

Prince of Space - Doesn't comment on whether he believes the claim but pushes for discussion about how to handle it.

BottleKnight - Posts "Oh My God" in reference to the claim. Also posts that he was planning to question Toal about his response to the claim.

Solus - Minimal interaction with the claim except to offer Keane a few questions.

Kashuno - No interaction with the claim.

Keane - Initiates the claim. Does not vote on it and offers a lot of questions to the people who respond positively to it.

No Votes are placed on MMT for being the subject of the claim (Except Bottleknight's vote which existed before hand because MMT was pinging him)

No Votes are placed on Keane for initiating the claim.

It looks like 3 people think the claim could have merit. 6 people think the claim is not true. 6 people haven't expressed a strong opinion about the claim.

Out of everyone's reaction, I think I find BK's the most suspicious.

Seems like tacit acknowledgement of the validity of the claim. Followed by

In regards to Hambeet echoing of Birb's line of inquiry against Toal, another tacit believer of the claim.

Question Time:

BK, do you believe the claim? And how does it affect your conclusion to vote for MMT?

I believe that it happened, but I voted MMT because I didn't like her initial game posts. It's a weak case, as I believe pretty much all D1 cases are, and Keane's result doesn't really play into what I think of MMT.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Actually, on a re-read, ##vote Solus

SolusLunes posted:

This is... inaccurate. I would argue that commenting on Keane's n0 paranoid cop claim isn't particularly safe.

On the other hand, I know I can't read you, and I try to remind myself to default to "never trust max". So:

##vote Max

---

It is possible that you're just scum who's seen an opening on a meta case.

---

And that's, of course, the thing I always seem to harp on people for.

I'm still suspicious of you but I had thought you'd voted her. ##unvote

Solus votes Max for casing me, and then walks it back when he realized Max didn't vote for me.

SolusLunes posted:

As someone who always suspects Max I want to do a thing that flies in the face of 'don't defend someone else' again:

I don't have faith in freelynch lurker rules, and I imagine most people, including Max, don't either. I'm 100% down with lynching someone D1 for being a complete lurker, because freelynches never happening means that lurking is a safe place for scum to hide.

I don't think Max wanting to lynch Kashuno, a lurker, is a scum tell.

He then pokes holes in a case on Max without mentioning an opinion of his alignment, prompting me to ask Solus what he thinks of Max.

SolusLunes posted:

My opinion is that he's still scummy, but not for that specific reason.

---

Town Max seems to generally have more chill than this? I'm also suspicious that Max made me back down on voting him despite my initial gut reaction.

##vote Max

---

gently caress you know what I just re-read things and I don't know what the gently caress anymore

I'm getting more caffeine

##unvote

He clarifies that Max is scummy, but not for that reason, then votes him, then unvotes him.

Solus: if you thought Max was scummy, why were you talking about the things that you didn't think were scummy? And then if you don't think Max is scummy now, who do you think is?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

It feels like he was trying to get people to put themselves out there with claims

If we do have a bunch of cops of varying sanity, I'd put money on Pod doing something like making all the scum godfathers, thus forcing us to play mafia.

I don't want anyone to claim actually. In this game I wouldn't trust a cop result.

Maybe...

All cops are bad.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hm

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Murmur Twin posted:

Odd how so?

I wish I could respond faster, sorry.

More a timing thing, really. I thought it was odd at the time but then King Burgundy and others explained it more clearly: I haven't done any solid reads.

Yeah, the best I have is a list of low-content posters and no real stances on the major yet seemingly trifling topics that have been brought up thus far, sorry.

I've asked other posters their opinions, because that's conducive to the ongoing conversation and I need to know whose opinions I cab trust. Unlike some others, I'm not lurking and I'm not pot-stirring just to see what happens.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I may have misconstrued

But I am gonna go make a pot roast so oh well see y’all later

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

This reaction and thinking seems pretty suspect to me!

I agree with this.

b-minus1 posted:

If mmt is lunches and flips scum we wil turbo you tomorrow

:thunk:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Haha for half a minute I thought you cracked the case but yeah, he said "a bunch of". I'm null on Tobbs.

Prince of Space posted:

Similarly I'm null on PoS - I also felt like he was a more active poster in Shine V but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a game day if he's claiming irl circumstances since he hasn't done anything overtly scummy in my eyes.

Can I get opinions on Solus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Prince of Space posted:

To be honest, my top scum read would have to be you, King Burgundy, simply because you seem to be pushing hard down these avenues of reasoning that only make sense if you're coming at this case with a highly trained cop-hunting perspective.

Painting me as some kind of genius puppet master is precisely the tactic that was used by scum (lead by you, King Burgundy) to get me voted off.

I'm not an experienced interrogator [/player of, Mafia], but I can gain momentum as town even without a special role and that's dangerous to scum.

Huh. This is an odd response and doesn't match the reality of like, anything. I'm not sure I'm fully parsing it right though.

I won't have the time today, but I'm definitely going to have to go back to that other game and look through your posts. Maybe then I can break this down better.