Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'd normally pull my "what if I do this" trick but I can't tie up the vote and also between b- and Tobbs, I like Tobbs by leagues.

##vote b-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Seeing how people react is part of mafia though. Your reaction to KB’s not overly energetic prodding seems scummier imo

Eh, probably? I'm not sure why my reaction to the prodding might seem scummy to you, but I do know that the harder I get prodded by someone else the scummier that other person tends to seem.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

Can you quote me where he cases or votes for KB?

I didn't vote for KB, so that won't be there.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Toalpaz posted:

-S The Hal file:
Probably Hal’s scumgame would vote. Not much of value there. Just doesn't seem present imo.

I would point out this post

Hal Incandenza posted:

Wow I don't like all these Max votes, I get wanting to consolidate but I don't find Max to be scummy at all and some of those later votes feel over-explained. Especially Solus.

which reads very similarly to Hal's early game in final fantasy mafia, where he was scum and defended people a lot more than scumhunting.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

I'm pretty much willing to vote anyone on this list and I think B- would be fine seeing as how he's popular.

I think it should be noted that Asiina's lurking incredibly hard this game with only 1 game related post that's a meta read on B- and a bunch of town calls. If B- flips town I think that she's a good place to examine.

Anyways I'm going now but I'll be around on my phone to vote.

Asiina's in this game?

:twisted:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Max posted:

I didn't vote for KB, so that won't be there.

OK so do you find this post at all shady?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I gave him a quick re-read. He seemed a bit tunnely on KB, and in a lot of cases tunneliness is next to townliness.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

I spent the last 10 minutes or so thinking up a response to this.

This is a game with confessionals, that Podima is moderating. It's just as likely Rex posted their thoughts in there and Podima gave a correction. I don't think this is an avenue worth exploring at all.

Max posted:

KB, what do you think about Rex's posts? Do you agree with their reasoning otherwise, or find it scummy?

Max posted:

I'm quoting this to illustrate something else here. You have no strong reads. Some stuff happened since this post was made, that you even said you agree with. Then you make your post about Rex looking at the use of a single word but say absolutely nothing about their behavior this game otherwise, and vote them. Bad.

Max posted:

If you keep pushing this specific argument, yes. I can see a lot of avenues where KR would have corrected themselves. This is like smoke from a recently burnt out match stick, not a gun.

Max posted:

You said absolutely nothing about Rex's big post of reads beyond this one thing.

Max posted:

I realize you're throwing something I said to Solus right in my face by pointing out that I'm defending KR, but this is a tremendously bad argument.

Max posted:

I've made connections like that before as well, but I generally keep that under my hat and pursue that suspicion by actually engaging with the person to get them to spill more info about other players, or press them in general to see how they react.

KB has completely skipped this step

Max posted:

KB, this is one of the worst cases I've ever seen you make.

Max posted:

I know you well enough that you'd actually, you know, scum hunt and press Rex on their thoughts about other players, or challenge them on their very large post about other players in this game. Again, nothing, you skipped straight to "Rex scum for this one reason."

Max posted:

KB's case is predicated on you being corrected by someone in scum chat, not Toal.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Not really since I was tunneling KB.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

PS I think b- is the patsy and won't vote him.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK wow seeing all that at once I was annoying about it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

Fairly certain you're town at this point and I realize you think this is the scum team coming to save me. I assure you it's not. Why do you think b- is town outside of the push on him?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

I won't hold it against you. Looks like town concoction to me, though I disagree.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

BottleKnight posted:

I would point out this post

which reads very similarly to Hal's early game in final fantasy mafia, where he was scum and defended people a lot more than scumhunting.

Eh whatever. I'm around on phone to make B- happen. I think it's better than a vote started by someone with one (1) content oriented post.

##vote Hal

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I won't hold it against you. Looks like town conviction to me, though I disagree.

Mafia edit, thanks autocorrect.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
MMT I’m feeding baby so I probably can’t respond in depth before deadline but I disagree with you pretty hard on Max

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Sorry my bad, I thought "tunneling" involved calling someone scum or making a case on them.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

b-minus1 posted:

i don't know what that means. stop hedging. do you think im town or scum?

No

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Murmur Twin posted:

it is mildly amusing to watch this unfold, but also annoying because im not really capable of defending myself lol. we're probably close to the point where i should claim, unfortunately. ugh

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

28766f69642a2930 posted:

MMT I’m feeding baby so I probably can’t respond in depth before deadline but I disagree with you pretty hard on Max

I put it in list form twice, just quote me and bold what you disagree with.

Aaah I'm getting mad at mafia, time to step away.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

##vote kashuno

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

b-minus1 posted:

##vote kashuno

Bad vote fam

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I like toalpaz going the right way ##vote hal goodbye friend hal

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Toalpaz posted:

Eh whatever. I'm around on phone to make B- happen. I think it's better than a vote started by someone with one (1) content oriented post.

##vote Hal

:confused:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

Sorry my bad, I thought "tunneling" involved calling someone scum or making a case on them.

:(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
B- doesn’t seem like a great Lynch/seems like an easy target

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Please vote MMT for committing a murder in thread

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
You know, I'm over here on this Bminus vote. And I look at vote finder to find out how its doing. And I see that everyone voting with me are people I have null to scum reads on.

Suspicious lurker Asiina.

Suspicious lurker Hal.

Max, the person I was just voting for.

And Tobbs, the best of them. With a sterling null read.

And I ask myself, what am I doing exactly?

The two people being discussed are Max and Bminus. Max is more controversial, sure. But flipping Max tells us more about what went down today than flipping B. And I have a stronger scum lean on Max than on B.

When have I ever shyed away from controversy? I think I need to follow my heart.

##vote Max

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal vote also fine.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Murmur Twin posted:

I put it in list form twice, just quote me and bold what you disagree with.

Aaah I'm getting mad at mafia, time to step away.

All of it. He even voted more than once, which is a weird mistake for you to make.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

KhediveRex posted:

You know, I'm over here on this Bminus vote. And I look at vote finder to find out how its doing. And I see that everyone voting with me are people I have null to scum reads on.

Suspicious lurker Hal.

The two people being discussed are Max and Bminus. Max is more controversial, sure. But flipping Max tells us more about what went down today than flipping B. And I have a stronger scum lean on Max than on B.

When have I ever shyed away from controversy? I think I need to follow my heart.

##vote Max

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

KhediveRex posted:

Suspicious lurker Hal.

##vote Max

This is some good logic but a flawed final point. Max seems to have become more chill now so I believe his attitude was a passing thing which is towny to me

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

I like toalpaz going the right way ##vote hal goodbye friend hal

what does "the right way" mean here

or did you poke at hal earlier and i forgot

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

what does "the right way" mean here

or did you poke at hal earlier and i forgot

I’ve only been posting for like 4 hours bk

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
B- threw light shade on Max, PoS, Kash. That's what we know of his opinions.

Am I scum or town for leading the push? Why is it more important to sit back and wait for a claim to save him than to give opinions on other people pushing votes or being the target of votes?

Why is b- dodging when I ask if he's town?

Pretty easy to say it. I'll do it here.

I am town.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

KhediveRex posted:

Suspicious lurker Hal.

##vote Max

why am i reading this as a bus

I read this post and it screams "bus!!!" to me but when I think about why I feel that way I don't really have any logic for it. A gut feeling maybe? I don't know!!

But I'm wary of this

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

28766f69642a2930 posted:

All of it. He even voted more than once, which is a weird mistake for you to make.

Are you seriously counting his jokephase vote as a thing that disproves my point? :eng99:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I've done my part, good luck town. Closing the laptop.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

I’ve only been posting for like 4 hours bk

i just read like 250+ posts in one session, if you said something about hal and i missed it that wouldn't be unlikely!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

B- threw light shade on Max, PoS, Kash. That's what we know of his opinions.

Am I scum or town for leading the push? Why is it more important to sit back and wait for a claim to save him than to give opinions on other people pushing votes or being the target of votes?

Why is b- dodging when I ask if he's town?

Pretty easy to say it. I'll do it here.

I am town.

drat, I can't believe someone isn't just posting "I'm town" to defend themselves, what a gotcha

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

I've done my part, good luck town. Closing the laptop.

There's still an hour!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Maybe bee is afraid of a lie detector.

Pretty unlikely for there to be one in a game full of cops amirite?

(This is not a claim or a softclaim)