Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

Can’t believe I made it through my first day :)

What I've learned is that all you need to do to survive is be around at deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

In my very first game of mafia in these forums, I got killed day 1 because I wasn’t around to defend myself. I think that’s stuck with me.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:cop: Final Votecount for Day 1 :cop:

SolusLunes (9): 28766f69642a2930, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, 28766f69642a2930, Murmur Twin, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Max, King Burgundy, Asiina, Tobbs Gnawed, Hal Incandenza, 28766f69642a2930, KhediveRex, BottleKnight
Hal Incandenza (3): Toalpaz, Kashuno, BottleKnight, King Burgundy, Max, Tobbs Gnawed, b-minus1, Murmur Twin, Max, Murmur Twin, Tobbs Gnawed, King Burgundy, BottleKnight, BottleKnight, BottleKnight
Toalpaz (1): CCKeane, KhediveRex, KhediveRex
Prince of Space (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, King Burgundy
King Burgundy (0): Max, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Max
Tobbs Gnawed (0): SolusLunes, b-minus1, SolusLunes, Kashuno, b-minus1, Kashuno
BottleKnight (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
KhediveRex (0): 28766f69642a2930, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, 28766f69642a2930
Max (0): Murmur Twin, SolusLunes, SolusLunes, KhediveRex, Kashuno, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Kashuno, SolusLunes, SolusLunes, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, KhediveRex, KhediveRex, Murmur Twin, KhediveRex
Murmur Twin (0): BottleKnight, BottleKnight
Kashuno (0): Max, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, BottleKnight, Max, b-minus1, BottleKnight, b-minus1
b-minus1 (0): Asiina, Tobbs Gnawed, Hal Incandenza, KhediveRex, Max, KhediveRex, Max, Tobbs Gnawed, 28766f69642a2930, King Burgundy, Tobbs Gnawed, Max, Max, BottleKnight, BottleKnight, King Burgundy, Asiina, Tobbs Gnawed, Hal Incandenza, 28766f69642a2930

Not Voting (3): hambeet, Prince of Space, SolusLunes

With 16 cops still alive, it took 9 votes to ban someone from CopCon.

~~~

Postcounts for Day 1:

:cop: Everyone posted plenty today! Excellent work, officers! :cop:

~~~

One of the many attractions of CopCon is, of course, the new and exciting law enforcement device prototypes displayed on the show floor! If you're not too busy, you might be able to catch a demonstration... or if you're extra lucky, you can be one of the randomly-chosen people selected to participate in the demos!

"Thanks for waiting, the hypercharged lie detector's all warmed up and ready to go! Let's start it off easy... is your name SolusLunes?"

"Yessir!"

"And the detector says... True! Not bad, right? How about another softball - are you a cop? Remember, you have to tell us if you are. That's the rule, right? Heh heh!"

"Of course I'm a cop! Aren't we all cops here?"

:siren: SolusLunes, Activist-Aligned "Dispatcher Cop," was banned from CopCon on Day 1! :siren:

:cop: Night 1 starts now. Deadline is 22-JAN at 8:30 PM ET. :cop:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Good morning, everyone! It looks like you're all enjoying the coplimentary (heh, get it?) breakfast we've prepared for CopCon attendees. Before we let you all get started with yet another exciting day, we do have a few updates to today's schedule we need to share.

Sadly, we've had to cancel our afternoon seminar "Windows 98 and You: How To Excel At The Latest Technology" as the presenter was dealing with some rather disturbing allegations regarding their conduct as it pertains to the care and feeding of fish, before he caught a sudden case of terminal inability to do much of anything anymore.

:rip: Kashuno, Rookie Cop, was lethally investigated as Cop-Aligned on Night 1! :rip:

And even though I know many of you were looking forward to our annual lunch-and-learn "Toking Part In Your Community, One Hit At A Time" we've been unable to get in touch with the organizer today. I'm sure she's just overslept, don't you worry! It's not like she's dealing with a nasty Internal Affairs investigation or anything.

:nono: Murmur Twin, Cop-Aligned Rookie Cop, was forced to turn in their badge and gun on Night 1! :nono:

All in all, don't let little oopsies like these get in the way of yet another GREAT day at CopCon! Off(icer) you go, everyone!

:cop: Day 2 starts now. Deadline is Thursday 24-JAN 8:00 PM ET. :cop:

Podima fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 23, 2019

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:cop: Votecount for Day 2 :cop:

Not Voting (13): 28766f69642a2930, Asiina, b-minus1, BottleKnight, CCKeane, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, KhediveRex, King Burgundy, Max, Prince of Space, Toalpaz, Tobbs Gnawed

With 13 cops still alive, it takes 7 votes to ban someone from CopCon.
The current deadline is January 24th, 2019 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Are you fuckin kidding me

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

Before this gets lost in the shuffle of end of day:

He checked in today to post this, then posted nothing else.

Hey Max, don't forget I made that post, kay?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Here's my Lumpenlist. I honestly thought Kash was scum, had MMT as a strong town read.

SCUM
bee, beek
LEAN SCUM
hambeet, Toalpaz
NEUTRAL
Hawke, Keane, PoS, KR
STRONG TOWN
Max, Hal, KB, Asiina

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
lmao at that last minute switch onto...scum? Probably?

Usually those last last minute switches lead to dead town.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Eagerly awaiting bee and Hal's actions.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

hambeet posted:

Hey Max, don't forget I made that post, kay?

I was picking up relatives at the airport IRL and wasn't around for deadline yesterday. What's your reason for not being around?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

I was very surprised.

When I re-read the last 30 minutes and twilight it seemed like beek knew solus was gonna flip scum. May have hammered for cred.

Bee disappeared after claiming despite still being a lunch target. Didn't vote Solus, didn't talk after hammer either.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Prince of Space posted:

I was picking up relatives at the airport IRL and wasn't around for deadline yesterday. What's your reason for not being around?

Max was second vote on Solus' lunch. What is this?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Max was second vote on Solus' lunch. What is this?

Oh wait you're talking to hambeet

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I was very surprised.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

When I re-read the last 30 minutes and twilight it seemed like beek knew solus was gonna flip scum. May have hammered for cred.

I didn’t hammer for cred, I hammered because there were 3 minutes left you doofus

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

BottleKnight posted:

if solus is scum i'm laughing irl

BottleKnight posted:

KB's cup is extremely half full

and who knows, maybe he's even right and this is a good thing

who knows!

Pretty optimistic. I thought for sure we'd dunked town and were going to learn nothing.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Eagerly awaiting bee and Hal's actions.

I jailed you lol. Action successful. Sorry but hey at least you were guaranteed to live through the night

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

How am I optimistic there, I’m literally calling KB optimistic, I felt pretty “gently caress whatever” at the time tbh

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I’m lookin way more at Rex today, who suuuuuper stretched in his case on Max/Asiina and then basically told us he wasn’t going to move at deadline, when it was entirely certain his choices were not going to be the push. ##vote Rex

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

just to be clear, this is when you said this

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I predict Hal will say he busdrove kash and mmt

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Max posted:

Gah I should have waited to share my result.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina posted:

Not even in the neighbourhood of normal

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Prince of Space posted:

not a fan of this post OP

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Hi good job getting onto Solus towns. That was good. I ended up being busy/not checking my phone enough exactly at deadline but I don't think I would have predicted the sudden shift to solus that late anyways.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Here's my Lumpenlist. I honestly thought Kash was scum, had MMT as a strong town read.

SCUM
bee, beek
LEAN SCUM
hambeet, Toalpaz
NEUTRAL
Hawke, Keane, PoS, KR
STRONG TOWN
Max, Hal, KB, Asiina

Nice list Tobbs Gnawed. Last night while CopCon was lights-out I went back through the collected audio-visual records in order to reprocess all of Day 1 and form my own list of suspects.

Based upon general post-count-to-content ratios, reactions to others, etc., here's my rough lumpenlist that I made last night.

Strong Town-oriented Read:
KhediveRex, King Burgundy, Max, Murmur Twin (dead, Cop-Aligned), Tobbs Gnawed

Weaker Town-oriented Lean:
b-minus1 (pending night results), Hal Incandenza (pending night results), Birdstrike

Activist-oriented Lean / Neutral / Unknown:
Asiina, Kashuno (dead, Cop-Aligned), Toalpaz, Bottleknight, CCKeane, Hambeet

*Note: no top Scum picks really yet. I'd like to hear back from our traffic cop and jailer I suppose.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

So yeah, I'll go through later but it's late and I'm doing something else tonight right now, real quick:

Toalpaz posted:

Hi good job getting onto Solus towns. That was good. I ended up being busy/not checking my phone enough exactly at deadline but I don't think I would have predicted the sudden shift to solus that late anyways.

Going through is going to be interesting since Solus definitely didn't look like a possibility, so it only gave people a narrow window to push against it, if at all. Kash definitely looked the most stinky and I'll say more on that once Hal claims his bus targets.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

0 for 2 it was me and BK

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

28766f69642a2930 posted:

not a fan of this post OP

There's a reason that I was unable to participate in the final votes last night, and I'd like to hear Hambeet's reason(s) for being unavailable.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Bee says he jailed me.

IMO he's not using it as a protective role, MMT was (to me) just about confirmed town by last night.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Podima posted:

Good morning, everyone! It looks like you're all enjoying the coplimentary (heh, get it?) breakfast we've prepared for CopCon attendees. Before we let you all get started with yet another exciting day, we do have a few updates to today's schedule we need to share.

Sadly, we've had to cancel our afternoon seminar "Windows 98 and You: How To Excel At The Latest Technology" as the presenter is dealing with some rather disturbing allegations regarding their conduct as it pertains to the care and feeding of fish.

:nono: Kashuno, Cop-Aligned Rookie Cop, was forced to turn in their badge and gun on Night 1! :nono:

And even though I know many of you were looking forward to our annual lunch-and-learn "Toking Part In Your Community, One Hit At A Time" we've been unable to get in touch with the organizer today. I'm sure she's just overslept, don't you worry!

:rip: Murmur Twin, Rookie Cop, was lethally investigated as Cop-Aligned on Night 1! :rip:

All in all, don't let little oopsies like these get in the way of yet another GREAT day at CopCon! Off(icer) you go, everyone!

:cop: Day 2 starts now. Deadline is Thursday 24-JAN 8:00 PM ET. :cop:

Quoting this for a reason that will become apparent.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

:cop: Apologies, officers - a slight error in the day start has now been resolved. :cop:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Hmmm flip flavor matters

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
hmmmmmmmmmm

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I don't get the flips.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Wouldn't a town brutal cop kill themselves or not kill if they targeted a town?

So does that mean we have a scum brutal cop that killed Kashuno?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Read Humalong's flavor flip. Lethally investigated is probably scum's standard kill.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Read Humalong's flavor flip. Lethally investigated is probably scum's standard kill.

Hmmm, I guess that makes sense. Except then it means that scum killed Kashuno. Which, also doesn't make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

Hmmm, I guess that makes sense. Except then it means that scum killed Kashuno. Which, also doesn't make sense.

Agreed. I dunno how Max could tell that they needed to be switched.