Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

b-minus1 posted:

yeah i had no idea that's what he was doing. now it all makes sense

I asked you directly multiple times, and when you claimed and gave your alignment I quoted that as well.

I wasn't being subtle, and I don't think you missed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, I dunno how anyone could miss that. This wasn't a bread crumb thing. This was full on, even claiming it wasn't a soft claim, which should have been your hint that it either was, or he wanted scum to think it was.

I would hazard to say anyone claiming to not have realized that wasn't actually carefully reading to find scum/etc. Just skimming to get what they needed to fake cases.

But meh. Bminus always does this thing where they somehow do impossible things that no town would do even as town. So there is no telling I guess.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I dunno how anyone could miss that. This wasn't a bread crumb thing. This was full on, even claiming it wasn't a soft claim, which should have been your hint that it either was, or he wanted scum to think it was.

I would hazard to say anyone claiming to not have realized that wasn't actually carefully reading to find scum/etc. Just skimming to get what they needed to fake cases.

But meh. Bminus always does this thing where they somehow do impossible things that no town would do even as town. So there is no telling I guess.

I didn’t get it and I don’t think you could say I wasn’t reading posts yesterday so vOv

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

In other news, if I end up being right on KR+Toal from D1, even though they aren't directly in my sights right now, I'm going to laugh forever.

Anyway, gonna go do other things. The people I most want to hear from are not saying much, going to give them time to get some posting in since we are still in the early hours of this day.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
absenteeish because someone has been crying for a while but I don’t understand how kb moved from Prince’s top scum read yesterday to one of his top town reads later

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

My ROOKIE COP INSTINCTS lead me to believe that SOMEBODY VISITED HAL.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

was it you?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

drat you Keane

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Hal

visited Hal

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

What're you a cop?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

28766f69642a2930 posted:

absenteeish because someone has been crying for a while but I don’t understand how kb moved from Prince’s top scum read yesterday to one of his top town reads later

I knew this would come up - I never said that King Burgundy was my top scum read yesterday: just that the harder he prods me on day 1 for not having reads, the scummier he looks to me.

For the most part I feel like King Burgundy's argumentation perspective has been mostly town, and I came around to this conclusion after my re-read of Day 1.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'd be surprised if KB is scum.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

Posts a lot. Actually hunts scum.

You are just floating.

Yeah, for day 1 though? I was around for joke phase and missed out on the majority of yesterdays actual action. I've not really had the greatest chance to get into it.

Anyway. Maybe that'll change, maybe it won't.

Hmmm

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

BottleKnight posted:

Knowing that the scum killed MMT makes binus jailing Tobbs instead of MMT look even worse tbh

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Gonna put down my ##vote b+1

Thought he was scum yesterday. I pretended to be a lie detector pretty hardcore and I think that's why he jailed me. I don't think I was a great NK target, and he hasn't indicated he thinks I'm scum.

Yep.

King Burgundy posted:

giving a free pass because suboptimal plays are there meta isn't a great reason.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ugh *their meta.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

Wow. This completely went over my head. I didn’t realize that was part of the lie detector gambit.

I am Town. Well, Cop.

Its a good thing you did it after he admitted to the lie.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I need to review yesterdays final hours and I CBF doing it on the phone, so I'll do it later when I get home.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##vote Prince of Space

I don’t think his reads are genuine. He did a volte-face on KB without his own analysis and after other people said they had town reads on KB. His scum picks look cribbed from others too.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

28766f69642a2930 posted:

##vote Prince of Space

I don’t think his reads are genuine. He did a volte-face on KB without his own analysis and after other people said they had town reads on KB. His scum picks look cribbed from others too.

Wow. I'm honestly shocked that I would be accused of being scum simply because my reads and leanings might resemble those of others.

Does this have anything to do with the fact that I asked people their thoughts on CCKeane after his Night 0 cop claim and then asked KhediveRex his opinions on B-minus1's behavior Day 1? You seem a bit over-eager to latch onto anything that will make me seem suspect, and saying that I crib my opinions from others is simply disingenuous, since I haven't really expressed a solid opinion or read on anybody yet.

Further, the more you keep pushing this agenda that I must think King Burgundy is scum, the more I think you're trying to put words in my mouth.

Even when he's targeting me with his suspicions, King Burgundy still feels like he's scum-hunting and trying to trip people up, so I can't hold that against him.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
imagine accusing someone of being scum in mafia, a dumb game for idiots, of all places

sorry.
I’m sorry, im trying to remove it

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Prince of Space posted:

Further, the more you keep pushing this agenda that I must think King Burgundy is scum, the more I think you're trying to put words in my mouth.

what no you said he was on your scumdar for pushing you, then later in the day he was strong town but you didn’t explain why. I’m aware of the change I don’t understand how you got there though apart from copying others

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Anyway, before I go off to slumberland for a bit I'd like to say that the double flip reveal from earlier this morning seemed to make Max look really bad, even before Max claimed their role as the Killer Cop.

I looked back over Kashuno and MurmurTwin's posts and interactions from Day 1. Kashuno, MurmurTwin, SolusLunes, and KhediveRex were the main Max-voters yesterday, and three of those people are gone today, Day 2. By Max's own admission, Kashuno was brutally investigated by them last night, and collectively it seems we barely batted an eye when Max revealed what they did.

As the saying goes, doesn't it take only one bad apple to spoil the whole bunch? We're letting an admitted cop-on-cop killer go loose, and for what? So they can kill the 'right' person next time around?

I'm still probably a bit confused by all the chaos going on here in CopCon, but I think it's pretty darn important that we keep in mind that both Mr. Humalong and Kashuno were killed by the same method: lethal investigation.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

28766f69642a2930 posted:

what no you said he was on your scumdar for pushing you, then later in the day he was strong town but you didn’t explain why. I’m aware of the change I don’t understand how you got there though apart from copying others

Prince of Space posted:

I never said that King Burgundy was my top scum read yesterday: just that the harder he prods me on day 1 for not having reads, the scummier he looks to me.

For the most part I feel like King Burgundy's argumentation perspective has been mostly town, and I came around to this conclusion after my re-read of Day 1.

I can repeat myself in more detail later, when I've had time to go through King Burgundy's scum-hunting posts to lay out my thoughts on them.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Question for Tobbs: you posted about BK hammering for cred. Do you think Rex’s vote for solus was more genuine or more for Cop cred?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

rewind.

so you felt that kb pushing you to give reads yesterday, day 1, looks sorta scummy to you?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tops timing birb

my last post was for pos

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

gently caress there's a lot of posts to get through.

this made me laugh

Kashuno posted:

Can’t believe I made it through my first day :)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

max why did you unvote on the bus driver claim from hal?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

Oh well, moving on.

So assuming activists are scum, here is what I'm thinking based on how the vote went down. I think scum were probably not on the vote for the most part. MIA/sitting on others/etc. Possibly one of KR/BK/or longer odds on Hal/Tobbs were scum hopping on for cred when it looked like it might happen, but I wouldn't want to go there today I don't think.

So I think we have a few scum in here: Toal, Bminus, Keane, Beet, Prince

Pre any kind of reread:

I have leftover strong feelings on Prince and still want to go back and read a bit of the other game.
I don't understand why a town Bminus would target Tobbs of all people. It's a weird choice unless he was worried Tobb was softclaiming an actual lie detect and wanted to stop him.
Also, this seems nothing like Beets town game at this point.

So those are probably my top 3, but I'm ok with the pursuit of any of those 5.

i actually agree with most of this, well except the part about me.

out of the three completely on the sidelines and not voting, it's prince, me and solus.

prince, politely, getting stuck into me about where i was yesterday has raised my interest. mainly because it's about me, but it comes across as prince 'front footing' it. best defense is a good offence and all that. i feel prince is very quick to side line a direct confrontation and move towards something else (max)

Prince of Space posted:

So, rather than mistrusting each other over a reasonable line of questioning, let's resume where your thoughts were when you posted that bit earlier ^^^ (it was in reference to Max's vote on Kashuno, I believe). I still think it's relevant, considering Max has now admitted to having killed Kashuno's career as a cop.

prince is right, it is relevant especially with the revelation he killed kash. (i can see why max would pick kash though, seems completely reasonable and i'm still a bit suss on him, but parking it to the side for now as it's just gut feeling.) so yeah, i'm getting this feeling i'm a convenient target for prince, to give them the appearance of scum hunting.

b-minus1 jailing tobbs, lol. someone said it earlier i think (but i can't find the quote) that he's not using it protectively, like a town jailer would. why would you protect tobbs? so he's not a jailer or he is but not a town one.

would vote either.

me? i'm town. i'm just busier with my new job so i can't poo poo post for 7 hours a day like the good old days.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

He was at -1 and I wanted a moment. Bus driver isn’t a claim I would expect scum to make as a Hail Mary.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Prince of Space posted:

Wow. I'm honestly shocked that I would be accused of being scum simply because my reads and leanings might resemble those of others.

Does this have anything to do with the fact that I asked people their thoughts on CCKeane after his Night 0 cop claim and then asked KhediveRex his opinions on B-minus1's behavior Day 1? You seem a bit over-eager to latch onto anything that will make me seem suspect, and saying that I crib my opinions from others is simply disingenuous, since I haven't really expressed a solid opinion or read on anybody yet.

Even when he's targeting me with his suspicions, King Burgundy still feels like he's scum-hunting and trying to trip people up, so I can't hold that against him.

Man this feels like a high school English teacher gave you the assignment of "persuade people you're not scum", I am suspicious.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Question for Tobbs: you posted about BK hammering for cred. Do you think Rex’s vote for solus was more genuine or more for Cop cred?

I lean slightly town on KR. His excitement around deadline seemed genuine to me.

As a later voter, it could be for cred, but far more likely that at least a couple scum didn't touch the vote.

If bee is scum, then there's even more detail available by looking at people who pushed Hal over bee (MMT first voted Solus, but Hal brought it up). But I don't want to go too far down that road without a flip.

You're neutral because like me, you were a later vote on Hal. That's part of why I don't like bee's explanation for jailing me. If he were town, then my behavior could be described as tunneling town all day (him) before reluctantly switching to Solus right before deadline.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I lean slightly town on KR. His excitement around deadline seemed genuine to me.

As a later voter, it could be for cred, but far more likely that at least a couple scum didn't touch the vote.

If bee is scum, then there's even more detail available by looking at people who pushed Hal over bee (MMT first voted Solus, but Hal brought it up). But I don't want to go too far down that road without a flip.

You're neutral because like me, you were a later vote on HalSolus. That's part of why I don't like bee's explanation for jailing me. If he were town, then my behavior could be described as tunneling town all day (him) before reluctantly switching to Solus right before deadline.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You're neutral because like me, you were a later vote on Hal. That's part of why I don't like bee's explanation for jailing me. If he were town, then my behavior could be described as tunneling town all day (him) before reluctantly switching to Solus right before deadline.

It feels like you’re sus on me for the same reason you think people would be sus on you, that you describe at the end here. Unless there was something specific about my posts that made you think I knew solus’s alignment. But otherwise, it’s a very similar prospective case. You don’t want to go down that road without a flip, unless it’s me?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

BottleKnight posted:

I don't really like b- or Solus for a lunch. With b-, he's made some bad (or maybe more just weird?) posts but don't really feel it's worth voting. With Solus, I feel that they just get voted out D1 a lot (though admittedly I don't play a ton of games so I might be wrong but I don't think I am?) for kinda weird/scummy posts but ultimately nothing they've posted this game day screams scum to me. Would much rather vote someone else, like Kash.

Normally when I play with Max I end up agreeing with him a lot, but this D1 I thought his posts were really weird and often inaccurate. Would vote.

BottleKnight posted:

if solus is scum i'm laughing irl

BottleKnight posted:

KB's cup is extremely half full

and who knows, maybe he's even right and this is a good thing

who knows!

So here you defend Solus, but after hammer you're very optimistic about him being scum. To me, it doesn't jive. It looks, as I said, like a scum hammer for cred with follow-up posts trying to disguise this.

I'd expect you to have bad feelings about the switch pre-flip, which you'll see from Asiina. Hell, Kash posted bad feelings about it and I thought it was faked.

Bee is by far my strongest scum read, though. His posting, voting, and night action all point to him being scum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Me saying I’d laugh irl wasn’t me being optimistic, it was saying it would be funny (and this was because, of the 3 potential candidates, I found him the least scummy). And that other post, as I’ve said before, is literally me saying someone else is being optimistic. I’m just leaving the chance out there that he could be right (even though I disagreed) because I’m extremely bad at mafia

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Anyways, Rex and binus are my top two scumpicks. Thanks for explaining your read more, Tobbs.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

BottleKnight posted:

Anyways, Rex and binus are my top two scumpicks. Thanks for explaining your read more, Tobbs.

No worries. You're posting a hell of a lot more than when we were scum together and sharing more opinions, so the more I think about it the more I cool on you.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Solus' back and forth smacks of genuine uncertainty to me.

Here's me defending Solus, actually. Just another thing that should give people a lean scum or neutral read on me, rather than bee's town read that warranted jail protection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

BottleKnight posted:

Care to explain why you're suspicious of KhediveRex? I also have a scummy feel on b-minus1, but I have a much harder time determining KhediveRex's alignment from the way he posts.