Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

I liked POS's lumpen list because they're easy ways to summarize people's reads, but apart from that POS has been very ~*~wordy~*~ with comments and clarifying commentary and imo not a lot of mafia (I know ironic of me, lurking this game, to say).

Hey hal, it's pretty typical for town busdriver to claim targets seeing as how you've already claimed so that town can sort out their night actions and presumably results. (copfia) Who'd you bus?

Already claimed, me and BK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

Max has claimed death cop, not brutal cop. He is a vig or SK or scum.

Ah right, I mean I knew he was one of those 3, I forgot he said "death cop" though.

I mean how could a death cop be a good guy?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
ah okay thanks

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ah right, I mean I knew he was one of those 3, I forgot he said "death cop" though.

I mean how could a death cop be a good guy?

I've known plenty of decent coroners, Hal.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I see the case on Asiina.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

I've known plenty of decent coroners, Hal.

Great next time I am in the city can you introduce me to some? That would be a fun outing with Keane

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

I see the case on Asiina.

Beyond the "wanted to create a no-lynch" part? Please elaborate sir

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Lethally investigated just sounds like some sort of brutal cop, although I have to say why a town brutal cop would kill town people he investigates I cannot explain

I'm literally a vig.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also hello, it continues to be a sort of busy day for me at work so I won't be checking in too much during the day.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm going to blow up the message senders spot later today because tbh they haven't been posting townily.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

I'm literally a vig.

So you say...

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Max posted:

I'm going to blow up the message senders spot later today because tbh they haven't been posting townily.

do it now

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK,

Asiina sent it to me, or that's what the message claimed. It included stuff from myst to prove it was her, which I think others would have a difficult time faking with the exception of MMT, but she's dead and was town so clearly that wasn't her. Like I said, it mostly seemed like it was sent to prove she could send it, without any real reads, and a request for me to prove I got the message.

Max posted:

Not even in the neighbourhood of normal

She asked that I spell neighborhood with a u.

I'd have kept this down but I don't see much from her this day and it deserves scrutiny.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am 100% checked out of this game.

Sorry Pod, it's not the game and I feel bad.

My mind is just completely occupied elsewhere.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have zero reads and haven't been reading anything.

All I can do is send a message at night. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with such an ability.

I was planning on sending someone the bee movie script N2.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

wow this is some powerful stuff.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

On Asiina:

Is this a description of herself and that is why she has lost the thread? She didn't think Solus would really get voted when she hopped on?

It feels like KR saw this post I made about Asiina and ran with it. I was curious if anyone would.

I'm not going to say it is impossible, or I wouldn't have mentioned it, but it seems pretty unlikely to me because as Hal said, unless all the candidates were scum, how does it even make sense to do that at that point? Asiina has been involved in plenty of cuddles at deadline and would know that most of the time when you have that many people around they WILL come to a consensus and vote someone out just to get it done. So if she's scum it makes the most sense to try and get the momentum to shift elsewhere.

Also, like both BK and Hal said, no experienced player thought that was going to be a no cuddle. I wasn't sure if people would follow me onto Solus, but I was prepared to jump back to bminus or Hal to secure a cuddle if not and I was confident a cuddle would happen.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

And Hal, feel free to give me more details on what you find scummy about my posting. If it is literally just that I potentially suspect so many people, all I can offer is that people should stop being so scummy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The other thing I was waiting to see is which people wanted to pursue Max as a badguy/sk, since scum often feel threatened by that possibility. Note it is my original D1 scum team-up of KR and Toal who are worried bout Max and think he is bad.

Please don't forget this if I'm not around to remind you about it on future days.

I think Bminus is the better choice for today currently since KR and Toal have at least showed up to post and are at least pretending to try to find scum now.

---

Oh and on Asiina, if she's really given up, then we don't need to worry about it. Either Pod will take care of her, or we can free cuddle her in two more days, she's currently not made enough posts to not get warned.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't actually feel very good about KBs posting this game (a lot of weird theory crafting, soft fingers of suspicion on people today) but I do see where he is coming from with PoS, and Keane's point about the stilted style was somewhat caild even if I joked about it. I need to look at some of those posts harder but I can definitely see the case here.

This reads as a scumpost to me. The “I don’t like KB’s posting but” feels feigned, and it just reads like the only way Hal feels comfortable putting this opinion out about PoS is if it’s tied to KB and not him, so if it’s wrong and PoS is town it’s KB’s fault not his. It’s a really subtle hedge and I don’t like it.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I see no reason why Max would claim the role he has (especially with the way it works, he dies if he kills another town) if he were an SK. That just seems dumb. I feel very towny on Max since his claim.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

The other thing I was waiting to see is which people wanted to pursue Max as a badguy/sk, since scum often feel threatened by that possibility. Note it is my original D1 scum team-up of KR and Toal who are worried bout Max and think he is bad.

Please don't forget this if I'm not around to remind you about it on future days.

I think Bminus is the better choice for today currently since KR and Toal have at least showed up to post and are at least pretending to try to find scum now.

---

Oh and on Asiina, if she's really given up, then we don't need to worry about it. Either Pod will take care of her, or we can free cuddle her in two more days, she's currently not made enough posts to not get warned.

:yeah:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I have a class that starts at deadline and I’m planning to go get margaritas with a friend before said class so I probably won’t be around at deadline. I’ll try to check in briefly 15-30 min before though, to ensure there’s not a no lunch.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Gonna go get some work done, but if the people who are still playing and haven't yet, would put a vote down so we can start coming to a consensus before deadline this time, that would be great.

:cop: Votecount for Day 2 :cop:

b-minus1 (3): Tobbs Gnawed, King Burgundy, Toalpaz
Prince of Space (1): 28766f69642a2930
Asiina (1): KhediveRex
KhediveRex (1): BottleKnight

Not Voting (7): Asiina, b-minus1, CCKeane, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Max, Prince of Space

With 13 cops still alive, it takes 7 votes to ban someone from CopCon.
The current deadline is January 24th, 2019 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 7 hours, 50 minutes.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
hmm it turns out max already claimed to be a vig. interesting

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Asiina posted:

All I can do is send a message at night. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with such an ability.

With such an ability, what's your position on the force?

I somewhat doubt that sending anonymous messages would be the extent of someone's role.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

I'm glad someone else was thinking about this.

Also

##vote b-

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm glad that someone was thinking what I was thinking about how they were thinking. This confirms that KB is town KB.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

I'm glad that someone was thinking what I was thinking about how they were thinking. This confirms that KB is town KB.

its a good thing B- is an easy lynch or I'd be scared.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Do you have anything else aside from sideline snark?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like you literally +1'd KB's post earlier. What were you +1ing?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

:thunk:

Toalpaz posted:

Like here Max admits to having the flavour of the opening kill... I find it hard to imagine that he's a good guy in all of this.

King Burgundy posted:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Oh nooooooooooooooo

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Woof.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:cop: Votecount for Day 2 :cop:

b-minus1 (4): Tobbs Gnawed, King Burgundy, Toalpaz, Max
Prince of Space (1): 28766f69642a2930
Asiina (1): KhediveRex
KhediveRex (1): BottleKnight

Not Voting (6): Asiina, b-minus1, CCKeane, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Prince of Space

With 13 cops still alive, it takes 7 votes to ban someone from CopCon.
The current deadline is January 24th, 2019 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 5 hours, 30 minutes.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I have a hard time seeing Toal as scum because I like their D1 reads for the most part.

When Toal is town they have a tendency to nail entire scum teams.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I have a hard time seeing Toal as scum because I like their D1 reads for the most part.

When Toal is town they have a tendency to nail entire scum teams.

Yeah, the b- flip will be informative. Probably Toal wouldn't have been bussing several members on D1? So if b- is indeed scum, then that makes me feel better about them and worse about KR.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

And Hal, feel free to give me more details on what you find scummy about my posting. If it is literally just that I potentially suspect so many people, all I can offer is that people should stop being so scummy.

I mean when do I give more details? Your posts have just been pinging me on and off, if we are all here tomorrow I will probably have time to go into more details, I just have a LOT going on today all of a sudden (wrecked my car a couple hours ago and I need to get a new one ASAP since my job revolves around driving all the time) so I don't know that I have time to actually make a nice case post in the next few hours.

But I also think there are much better options today so I'm not getting hung up on it

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean when do I give more details? Your posts have just been pinging me on and off, if we are all here tomorrow I will probably have time to go into more details, I just have a LOT going on today all of a sudden (wrecked my car a couple hours ago and I need to get a new one ASAP since my job revolves around driving all the time) so I don't know that I have time to actually make a nice case post in the next few hours.

But I also think there are much better options today so I'm not getting hung up on it

Doh, hope everything is ok!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

This reads as a scumpost to me. The “I don’t like KB’s posting but” feels feigned, and it just reads like the only way Hal feels comfortable putting this opinion out about PoS is if it’s tied to KB and not him, so if it’s wrong and PoS is town it’s KB’s fault not his. It’s a really subtle hedge and I don’t like it.

I mean I also mentioned that Keane had good points too so why not point that out? More like I am just trying to get as many opinions into one post as I can since I don't really post all that much!