Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I have a hard time seeing Toal as scum because I like their D1 reads for the most part.

When Toal is town they have a tendency to nail entire scum teams.

"Toalpaz, good at mafia." - A genius, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Doh, hope everything is ok!

Yeah, car is wrecked but I am still all good! It was getting old and I had already been thinking about a new one so I am not super broken up about it, just in a tight spot. First trip in the new car is probably to ABQ though so maybe you will get to see it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah, car is wrecked but I am still all good! It was getting old and I had already been thinking about a new one so I am not super broken up about it, just in a tight spot. First trip in the new car is probably to ABQ though so maybe you will get to see it.

I hope so! :)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Hal Incandenza posted:

:ghost: Oh poo poo dude glad to hear you're ok! :ghost:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, the b- flip will be informative. Probably Toal wouldn't have been bussing several members on D1? So if b- is indeed scum, then that makes me feel better about them and worse about KR.

Remember this post tomorrow if I am lunched today. KB and Max dominating the conversation today. ##vote KB would also switch to max

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I am deeply suspicious that KB hasn't accused me of being scum yet.

I agree with Max's post on Toal, and I think Toal's oh noooooooo is a weird response to it.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

CCKeane posted:

I agree with Max's post on Toal, and I think Toal's oh noooooooo is a weird response to it.

oh nooooooooo

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

I did actually. Just nowhere near the top. :)

King Burgundy posted:

Oh well, moving on.

So assuming activists are scum, here is what I'm thinking based on how the vote went down. I think scum were probably not on the vote for the most part. MIA/sitting on others/etc. Possibly one of KR/BK/or longer odds on Hal/Tobbs were scum hopping on for cred when it looked like it might happen, but I wouldn't want to go there today I don't think.

So I think we have a few scum in here: Toal, Bminus, Keane, Beet, Prince

Pre any kind of reread:

I have leftover strong feelings on Prince and still want to go back and read a bit of the other game.
I don't understand why a town Bminus would target Tobbs of all people. It's a weird choice unless he was worried Tobb was softclaiming an actual lie detect and wanted to stop him.
Also, this seems nothing like Beets town game at this point.

So those are probably my top 3, but I'm ok with the pursuit of any of those 5.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Hmmmm

Max
Nov 30, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

Remember this post tomorrow if I am lunched today. KB and Max dominating the conversation today. ##vote KB would also switch to max

OK

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

I did actually. Just nowhere near the top. :)

I think we have a few scum in here:

Officer 28766f69642a2930
Officer Asiina
Officer b-minus1
Officer BottleKnight
Officer CCKeane
Officer Hal Incandenza
Officer hambeet
Officer Kashuno
Officer KhediveRex
Officer King Burgundy
Officer Max
Officer Murmur Twin
Officer Prince of Space
Officer SolusLunes
Officer Toalpaz
Officer Tobbs Gnawed

There now I am definitely correct.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

BottleKnight posted:

I see no reason why Max would claim the role he has (especially with the way it works, he dies if he kills another town) if he were an SK. That just seems dumb. I feel very towny on Max since his claim.

Which could have been its intent.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

I think we have a few scum in here:

Officer 28766f69642a2930
Officer Asiina
Officer b-minus1
Officer BottleKnight
Officer CCKeane
Officer Hal Incandenza
Officer hambeet
Officer Kashuno
Officer KhediveRex
Officer King Burgundy
Officer Max
Officer Murmur Twin
Officer Prince of Space
Officer SolusLunes
Officer Toalpaz
Officer Tobbs Gnawed

There now I am definitely correct.

Great job Rookie, you solved the case!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##vote b-minus1

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##vote Khedive Rex

Asiina being absent was an easy target and I don’t believe that case. I think it’s more likely that KR thought the Solus dunk wasn’t going to happen and jumped on just in case.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I said earlier that my feels were on prince or b-minus. I'm going with the b-dogger

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birb you think b- played town jailer right last night?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

hambeet posted:

Which could have been its intent.

In which case Max has to claim when he uses it again, and it just seems like there are very few outs for him to win if he kills more townies?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

hambeet posted:

Not really, the way it would have made sense for me is if bplus reacted to Tobbs as an omgus and jailed him for being scum. jailing Tobbs as town didn’t make sense to me

I’m down to vote b (he’s at -2 I think), we can discuss KR tomorrow

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

KhediveRex posted:

I don't believe the n0 cop claim. But I don't think the false claim was motivated by scummy intentions. It did start us out with something to actually discuss.

I think reactions to the cop claim are possibly important.

MMT - Thinks the claim could be real. In as much as Keane is paranoid and would return a scum verdict on anyone.

Toal - Thinks the claim could be real.

Max - Thinks the claim could be real.

Asiina - Doesn't believe the claim.

Rex - Doesn't believe the claim and rounds on Toal about it.

Hambeet - Doesn't believe the claim and rounds on Toal about it.

Birb- Doesn't believe the claim and rounds on Toal about it.

Hal- Doesn't believe the claim.

Bminus - Doesn't believe the claim and thinks Keane is suspicious for introducing it.

King Burgandy - Doesn't comment on the claim but steps in to defend Toal.

Tobbs - Doesn't comment on the claim but steps in to say that Keane played his role right by claiming, if that is his role.

Prince of Space - Doesn't comment on whether he believes the claim but pushes for discussion about how to handle it.

BottleKnight - Posts "Oh My God" in reference to the claim. Also posts that he was planning to question Toal about his response to the claim.

Solus - Minimal interaction with the claim except to offer Keane a few questions.

Kashuno - No interaction with the claim.

Keane - Initiates the claim. Does not vote on it and offers a lot of questions to the people who respond positively to it.

No Votes are placed on MMT for being the subject of the claim (Except Bottleknight's vote which existed before hand because MMT was pinging him)

No Votes are placed on Keane for initiating the claim.

It looks like 3 people think the claim could have merit. 6 people think the claim is not true. 6 people haven't expressed a strong opinion about the claim.

Out of everyone's reaction, I think I find BK's the most suspicious.

Seems like tacit acknowledgement of the validity of the claim. Followed by

In regards to Hambeet echoing of Birb's line of inquiry against Toal, another tacit believer of the claim.

Question Time:

BK, do you believe the claim? And how does it affect your conclusion to vote for MMT?

In hindsight this seems like a scumpost to me. An early D1 post with a ton of words, little substance, Rex suspects the N0 investigation is fake but was good for conversation (which seems like something scum would be more confident about because they know Keane’s alignment vs. the people who said they believed it because they had no reason not to), and the entire point of it at the end is to dissect two posts that didn’t have any hidden dissectable meaning and ask me a question that wasn’t very interesting while acting like it’s a Big Deal Question. I really think Rex is the scum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I’ll vote b- I guess, I just think there are better targets out there today.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

hambeet posted:

man, i thought it would be obvious why i chose to jail tobbs

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

man, i thought it would be obvious why i chose to jail tobbs

because you're scum and knew town would want you to protect mmt and therefore choose not to and die today because scum are honest and Honorable.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to try to read this game and get some reads tonight (although if the scum team does me a solid and kills me, I'd appreciate it) but there's not really a chance I'm in the headspace to do so right now. I keep trying to read and end up skimming and I'm not really looking for scum. Finding it hard to concentrate on stuff.

Someone asked my flavour and it's neighbo(u)rhood cop, and I patrol in order to send a message to someone, hence asking Max to give me confirmation he got it. It's not really much better than VT or just visitor since at best I can give my reads to someone overnight but like...why? My reads aren't that good on the best of days. :v:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Toalpaz posted:

because you're scum and knew town would want you to protect mmt and therefore choose not to and die today because scum are honest and Honorable.

Nope. To be perfectly honest I never even considered jailing mmt and was surprised to see that she was nk’d. I was torn between jailing Hal and tobbs, and I ultimately chose tobbs.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

Nope. To be perfectly honest I never even considered jailing mmt and was surprised to see that she was nk’d. I was torn between jailing Hal and tobbs, and I ultimately chose tobbs.

But learning Hal’s targets is useful since he’s claimed

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Toalpaz posted:

wait what?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##vote b-minus1

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

28766f69642a2930 posted:

##vote b-minus1

Hmmm

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

BottleKnight posted:

But learning Hal’s targets is useful since he’s claimed

That’s partially why I didn’t chose him.
Need to go back and reread mmts posts, but it is strange that I’m getting so much poo poo from some people becuase I chose tobbs and not mmt. I don’t understand why

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

That’s partially why I didn’t chose him.
Need to go back and reread mmts posts, but it is strange that I’m getting so much poo poo from some people becuase I chose tobbs and not mmt. I don’t understand why

Any last words punk

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Town jailer should be jailing scum

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Alright scum team and/or town, no more need to hold out for today. time to bus/dunk this scum

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

See, if he wasn't scum he'd have been hammered.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hello, I am here...FOR MURDER.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

CCKeane posted:

Hello, I am here...FOR MURDER.

Do it.

:sideous:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Bee is scum just hammer so I can get night murdered.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Bee is scum just hammer so I can get night murdered.

I'll hammer, but first I have to cook some baked potatoes. I'll vote once they're done.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I hate potatoes ##vote b-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh no! I think b-minus1 is hammered!

:cop: Votecount for Day 2 :cop:

b-minus1 (7): Tobbs Gnawed, King Burgundy, Toalpaz, Max, hambeet, 28766f69642a2930, Hal Incandenza
King Burgundy (1): b-minus1
Asiina (1): KhediveRex
KhediveRex (1): BottleKnight, 28766f69642a2930, 28766f69642a2930
Prince of Space (0): 28766f69642a2930, 28766f69642a2930

Not Voting (3): Asiina, CCKeane, Prince of Space

With 13 cops still alive, it takes 7 votes to ban someone from CopCon.
The current deadline is January 24th, 2019 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 47 minutes.