Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

Uh, Toal isn't in my list?

Did you mean to defend KR here?

Nope, just mentioning who I looked at and didn't. I didn't even re-read KR. Still neutral/town lead on him because his excitement at EOD 1 seemed genuine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
scum shooketh

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I’m in Irvine for a debate tourney this weekend so I won’t be around a whole ton. Especially tomorrow - tomorrow is hell day so don’t expect much.

I definitely believe Keanes claim, as I am also a rookie cop and my role works the same way. Both of my actions have failed, N1 both Keane and I visited Hal and N2 I visited Rex. Shouldn’t be much of a surprise since those were my targets both days. I will almost certainly be voting based on Keane’s result today.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

George Kansas posted:

I’m in Irvine for a debate tourney this weekend so I won’t be around a whole ton. Especially tomorrow - tomorrow is hell day so don’t expect much.

I definitely believe Keanes claim, as I am also a rookie cop and my role works the same way. Both of my actions have failed, N1 both Keane and I visited Hal and N2 I visited Rex. Shouldn’t be much of a surprise since those were my targets both days. I will almost certainly be voting based on Keane’s result today.

Did you fail on Rex or is he town?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CCKeane posted:

Got a cop result of not cop.aligned on hambeet.

Thank you, good night.

##vote hambeet

hmmmm

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Got a cop result of not cop.aligned on hambeet.

Thank you, good night.

##vote hambeet

lol u wrong

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Did you fail on Rex or is he town?

I failed both nights, so presumably someone else visited Mr. Rex.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Or I was roleblocked or something, I have no idea. It just said my night action failed both nights.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

it's a shame the bus driver is dead. it'll be really cool when keane says tomorrow 'oh noes, hambeet was town, i guess hal swapped him with scum and we'll never know'

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

anyway i'm town.

if i wasn't, i'm scum who decided dunking a second of my team when i was already under the fos of a few players. pro strat.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

hambeet posted:

anyway i'm town.

if i wasn't, i'm scum who decided dunking a second of my team when i was already under the fos of a few players. pro strat.

Claim.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

hambeet, POS, Keane.

I think 1-2 of them are scum.

POS for my reasons outlined yesterday is who i'd vote today, at this stage anyway.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
There are multiple rookie cops so sanity is not guaranteed.

Like it's probably a good idea to kill beet, but if he turns up town, it doesn't necessarily mean Keane is scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Bee was toast regardless of who dropped a vote on him. If zero scum were on him yesterday I'd be very surprised.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I believe CCKeane is sincere and had plenty of good reason to investigate Hambeet. After all, Hambeet was one of my top scum suspects after Day 1.

##vote hambeet

You dun messed up, beat cop hambeet.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Okay.

I'm an Election Cop. Cop-Aligned.

I have a one shot power where I can overturn a banning during the twilight phase. The player who was due to be banned would then be saved, and the person with the second most votes gets banned. It also has rules in case of a tie (for whomever is in second place), it's the first person to get to that number of votes - they would be banned.

It's an easy one I can demonstrate at the end of the day, if worthwhile, but I cannot use it to save myself. I had to clarify that because it wasn't stipulated in the role PM.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

Like it's probably a good idea to kill beet, but if he turns up town, it doesn't necessarily mean Keane is scum.

His actions and beeks line up.

Scum coordination on that level in thread would be very poor play.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Prince of Space posted:

I believe CCKeane is sincere and had plenty of good reason to investigate Hambeet. After all, Hambeet was one of my top scum suspects after Day 1.

##vote hambeet

You dun messed up, beat cop hambeet.

lol, see. this here is the scum.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Asiina posted:

Oh man but if sanity is a factor at play with the Rookies then that's gonna be really unfortunate.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Oh I see the claim now. Wow what a gambit of a role! Election Cop. Hm!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Doesn't seem like a town ability to me.

Not that an anti-town power is why you're scum. That's just a bonus.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

hambeet posted:

Okay.

I have a one shot power where I can overturn a banning during the twilight phase. The player who was due to be banned would then be saved, and the person with the second most votes gets banned. It also has rules in case of a tie (for whomever is in second place), it's the first person to get to that number of votes - they would be banned.

It's an easy one I can demonstrate at the end of the day, if worthwhile, but I cannot use it to save myself. I had to clarify that because it wasn't stipulated in the role PM.

Is it publicly attributed to you?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

with that power, I could have played yesterday a lot differently if i was scum.

i wouldn't have had b-minus on my list of suspects, i would have pushed for others and then if b-minus1 got up, (or another of my scum team) i'd have the credibility to overturn their vote saying i didn't find them suss.

but no, i listed b-minus1 as scum yesterday and that i would vote them and didn't waver from that.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

Is it publicly attributed to you?

yes, i have to post in in the thread and mod would then ban the second highest vote instead

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Bee was toast regardless of who dropped a vote on him. If zero scum were on him yesterday I'd be very surprised.

Yeah, this is where I'm at with that too. I tried to not put my vote out for a long time to see if scum tried to push an alternate candidate, but nothing ever really happened.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Doesn't seem like a town ability to me.

Not that an anti-town power is why you're scum. That's just a bonus.

i have to post it in thread, it's a pretty tainted scum power then

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Prince of Space posted:

Oh I see the claim now. Wow what a gambit of a role! Election Cop. Hm!

##vote prince of space

going on on a last ditch effort here.

dunno if keane is part of this or legitimately got messed with by the bus driver

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

hambeet posted:

yes, i have to post in in the thread and mod would then ban the second highest vote instead

Yeah, so then, you could have used it to save a scum buddy, but then it ties you to them even more strongly. Really hard to use well except if you are about to win.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

hambeet posted:

Okay.

Hmmmmm. Like a bad governor. Doesn’t seem particularly towny.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Well, if you are town, definitely try and find the remaining scum for us before you go. :)

16 players, so probably 2 more scum. Who else is scum besides Prince?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, so then, you could have used it to save a scum buddy, but then it ties you to them even more strongly. Really hard to use well except if you are about to win.

if it's a more contentious vote, not really.

it doesn't matter if you want to lynch me, town's in a great place. and i'll cop it, but just remember the pantomime prince is putting on today

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I understand this is pure speculation until we know for sure whether threats to CopCon still exist or not, but how many Activist/Scum-aligned Cops do you think we're dealing with here?

We've already found two, and there were sixteen of us to start. I'm just wondering how many needles there might be left in this haystack before I resume digging around inside it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The power as presented doesn't seem particularly scummy to me. Could easily be a town power.

But he could be lying about it being public, for example. Which would make it far more scummy.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

George Kansas posted:

Hmmmmm. Like a bad governor. Doesn’t seem particularly towny.

sa mafia wiki does say it's rarely a scum role, because loving with the town tool of the vote can be seen us unfair.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Not to mention power scumminess or not isn't really indicative of anything necessarily. Town bus driver, Scum Jailer so far. No clue what Solus's dispatcher was.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
it does read like a townie power to me, but scum probably have fake claims etc etc. I'm not going to lose sleep over this tbh.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

The power as presented doesn't seem particularly scummy to me. Could easily be a town power.

But he could be lying about it being public, for example. Which would make it far more scummy.

it's an easy one to prove, but it would means we need to be clear on who to vote and make sure the one we really want to vote is second. idk if people cbf coordinating that

BUT

that idea is open to fuckery by scum (but they could out themselves doing that) and it's also a lot of effort and loving around just to save me for...? it's only a one shot so after i blow my load i have no powers left.

so as said earlier, i'm town and because we're 2/2 i'm quite happy to cop (heh) a lynch in lieu of a more useful town role.

it would also provide more clarity around people like keane and prince of space (preferred)

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Can a Rookie Cop please clarify or verify what their role does? From how I am hearing it, they get a Cop's Investigation that they can use every Night, only that fails if someone else visits the target?

Any mentions of sanity anywhere in your Rookie Cop flavor, or is that just something we should expect to be prepared for in this ongoing investigation at CopCon?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Leaving aside the beet claim, who else are your scumreads?

I’d vote KR at this stage. I think the Asiina case was to try and distract from bplus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

Well, if you are town, definitely try and find the remaining scum for us before you go. :)

16 players, so probably 2 more scum. Who else is scum besides Prince?

Yeah of course.

I'm pretty rock solid on prince and they would be my preferred for today. I will summarise it all later in one post with anything else I find.

Yesterday I was thinking about asiina and that their checking out could be them getting demoralised by d1 scum lynch and b-minis being lined up for day 2. That's just an idle theory though at this stage.

There's something up with how Max is playing.

Khed I'm having feels about too.

I'll effort up some stuff on those three later after I have a reread. There were comments by others on them that i agreed with that I might try pull together for town to use day four.

People I'm not too concerned about? You, bottle knight, birb. Anyone with a 'b' it seems.