Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Prince of Space posted:

Can a Rookie Cop please clarify or verify what their role does? From how I am hearing it, they get a Cop's Investigation that they can use every Night, only that fails if someone else visits the target?

Any mentions of sanity anywhere in your Rookie Cop flavor, or is that just something we should expect to be prepared for in this ongoing investigation at CopCon?

hey rookie cops! this person wants you to out yourself and tell them how your role works.

that is completely not suspect at all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

hambeet posted:

hey rookie cops! this person wants you to out yourself and tell them how your role works.

that is completely not suspect at all!

Two people admitted to being Rookie Cops just now. What's so weird about wanting to know how accurate they are and how often they get to be helpful?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

because it's also super useful for scum to know what they're up against? So they can prioritise targets?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Prince of Space posted:

Can a Rookie Cop please clarify or verify what their role does? From how I am hearing it, they get a Cop's Investigation that they can use every Night, only that fails if someone else visits the target?

Any mentions of sanity anywhere in your Rookie Cop flavor, or is that just something we should expect to be prepared for in this ongoing investigation at CopCon?

I feel like Keane explained it p well.

I got no flavor at all other than a picture, a role name and what it does, which is as you say here. Investigate every night and it fails if someone else visits.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, Hambeet, that CCKeane might actually be mistaken on your alignment due to his sanity profile. I am, however, willing to believe BottleKnight who believes that CCKeane visited you last night and got Scum.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
remember when Keane said MMT was scum though?

makes u think

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Prince of Space posted:

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, Hambeet, that CCKeane might actually be mistaken on your alignment due to his sanity profile. I am, however, willing to believe BottleKnight who believes that CCKeane visited you last night and got Scum.

I appreciate that Prince, but I'd still be against unnecessarily sharing info that could compromise town.

Especially as I believe you to be scum. I know my alignment, and I believe you do to. So this comes across to me as an act, this trying to look reasonable and helpful. So when my eventual flip is town you can be all like "drat, what a shame".

Anyway. You're very polite about everything, regardless of your alignment, so that's good. I like playing with you.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hmm, so i say 'so' a lot it seems.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

28766f69642a2930 posted:

remember when Keane said MMT was scum though?

makes u think

That was a classic Rookie mistake, I suppose!

If I recall, a couple of other people were pretty suspicious of MurmurTwin's posting fairly early on, Day1, and that just brought her towniness out later on in the day.

At the time CCKeane was, by admission, simply trying to shake up the tree to see what got stirred up back then. I'm... still not sure it was very effective.

Now, however, he's gotten results on his investigation that other people are willing to believe that implicates a person I was already suspicious of, so I think it's something worth pursuing.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

hambeet voted like once this whole game.

Fine with voting him regardless of the cop claim.

when there have only been two votes so far? and that one vote i made i voted scum?

prince of space has voted *drum roll* zero times this whole game.

your reasoning for voting me, "regardless of the cop claim", is completely flawed.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

actually i've made one vote the whole game and that was on a scum. talk about efficiency. i'm the most accurate player so far!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

hambeet posted:

when there have only been two votes so far? and that one vote i made i voted scum?

prince of space has voted *drum roll* zero times this whole game.

your reasoning for voting me, "regardless of the cop claim", is completely flawed.

He has one vote on you I guess, but yeah pretty weird it took till today

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yesterday ended early too which doesn't help time wise for prince. but still, i've at least voted out a scum. i've not tried to lead votes on anyone else yet. i'd be a pretty poor team player if scum so far.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ugh, dropped this off the end of last message:

and prince hadn't voted me when tobbs posted that. he was still at zero votes at that time.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

hambeet posted:

yesterday ended early too which doesn't help time wise for prince. but still, i've at least voted out a scum. i've not tried to lead votes on anyone else yet. i'd be a pretty poor team player if scum so far.

what if his one vote is on a scum though

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

28766f69642a2930 posted:

what if his one vote is on a scum though

well i know it's not, and i'm of the opinion you don't actually believe that either.

but when all is said and done if i'm lynched and when i flip town, you'll see his vote really wasn't on a scum. then what?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Both times I said in the twilight hour that I would have voted B-minus1 but wasn't able to get there in time.

I'm still super unclear on why certain folks think I'm scummy, to be honest, but I doubt finding out what I'm "doing wrong" will help me any, since then I will be "self-aware scum" in those same peoples' opinions.

Whenever I can't seem to rely on my gut read on someone's posts I tend to ask questions to other, more experienced players that I mostly trust in hopes of learning more, and people who see this behavior seem to point their fingers at me and screech. It's bizarre.

If my identity is still so suspect after today's vote, I'm more than certain there are plenty of Cops out there that can investigate me over Night 3, too.

Heck, one of the Rookie Cops (such as CCKeane or BottleKnight/George Kansas) could volunteer to investigate me, and then everyone else in CopCon can agree not to interfere or something. Seems like a fairly straightforward solution that the remaining Activists may have trouble interfering with without getting caught.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Prince of Space posted:

Both times I said in the twilight hour that I would have voted B-minus1 but wasn't able to get there in time.

yeah, but that doesn't really mean that much unfortunately because it's said after the fact.

there's no proof that you would have done it, we only have your word and i'm sure you can appreciate that scum could be saying something very similar if they were in the same situation right now.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Prince: apart from Beet, who else is scum?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Prince of Space's Ranked List of Suspects - DAY 3

STRONG TOWN READS:

Officer Tobbs Gnawed - was instrumental in the apprehension and ousting of B-minus1 from CopCon in Day 2, and is still pursuing scum.
Officer Max - Killer Cop - aggressively scum-hunted on Day 1 because they knew that they planned on killing someone scummy Night 1 with their ability and they needed to drum up suspects. Killed Kashuno Night 1, unfortunately. Has been very honest with CopCon since and has given accurate reads.

TOWN LEANS:

Officer King Burgundy - suspects and focuses on everyone semi-equally and makes cases accordingly. Some cases (Day 1's, in particular) look downright bad in hindsight, however. Commits to rereading and adjusts accordingly. Claims nothing happened to them Night 1. Represents the main logical force behind CopCon's ongoing investigations into suspects and their claims. Encourages other to scumhunt and contribute more.
Officer Birdstrike - offers fewer words than most but shares their assessments and pokes holes into others' approaches. Seems to agree a lot with King Burgundy and offer accurate reads of their own.

WEAKER TOWN LEANS:

Officer CCKeane - Rookie Cop - tries to get scum to show themselves by any means necessary, including by making false Night 0 Cop claims. Makes a Rookie Cop role claim day 3 after investigating Hambeet overnight, which was supported by BottleKnight's Rookie Cop claim. Claims their investigation of Hambeet came back positive for scumminess.
Officer KhediveRex - makes cases based on collected information and spells out his cases on others at length. Seems to make cases and votes that are well explained but ultimately distract from the more obvious votes of the day. Tunneled on Max Day 1 and Asiina Day 2. Likes to initiate conversation under novel lines of thought when they're participating at CopCon. Strange interactions with B-minus1, in hindsight. On Notice.
Officer Toalpaz - named both B-minus1 and SolusLunes in their Day1 Scumlist. Either they're really good at nailing scum really early on or they're good at bussing their scum-mates. Want to see and hear more from them.
Officer BottleKnight / George Kansas - Rookie Cop? - Defended both B-minus and SolusLunes and pushed for a Hal Incandenza vote Day 1. Claims to be a Rookie Cop but hasn't yet gotten results. Claims they investigated Hal Incandenza Night 1 and KhediveRex Night 2. Stays abreast of the most recent arguments and provides critical thinking.

NULL-TO-SCUMMY READS:

Officer Asiina - Neighbo(u)rhood Cop? - Unreadable, "100% checked out" from ongoing CopCon investigations. Incredibly ambiguous role-claim. Still, voted for B-minus1 fairly early Day 1 on a gut feeling and then switched to a SolusLunes' vote early on as well. In fact, has only voted for Scum/Activists thus far. For this reason, I really want to hear more from them (preferably not in script format, overnight). On Notice.
Officer Hambeet - Election Cop? - Mostly coasting. Despite relatively high volume of posts, not voting for anyone (aside from voting B-minus1 late on Day 2 and me on Day 3) and not actively scum-hunting for anyone (aside from focusing on me). Yielded a Scum result when investigated by CCKeane Night 2.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hello, I am at a bed and breakfast this weekend as a mini vacation. This is the one post I will be making on Saturday. We’re coming home early Sunday so I’ll post more then. Real fast, people are calling hambeet’s role scummy but it’s essentially a governor role with a twist since second most votes dies. That is all.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Prince of Space posted:

Prince of Space's Ranked List of Suspects - DAY 3

Officer Hambeet[/b - Election Cop? - Mostly coasting. Despite relatively high volume of posts, not voting for anyone (aside from [b]voting B-minus1 late on Day 2 and me on Day 3) and not actively scum-hunting for anyone (aside from focusing on me). Yielded a Scum result when investigated by CCKeane Night 2.

Better late than never I always say!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I mean, I guess sanity could be an issue, especially with 4 rookie cops so far, so that gives us a spectrum.

But that is always a factor and I think a scum result is well worth following up on and voting, and it seems weird to discount it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It’s fine to test the investigation but I’m specifically pushing against the characterization that the claim is scummy.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I guess to me it doesn't seem towny because a scumbo could stop the lunch (say, if it's on a scum) and get the next townie lunched. But admittedly, that would be a pretty OP role to give scum and also does directly tie that person to the person whose lunch they stopped, which is very risky for a scum, to tie themselves so brazenly to another scum.

Ehhh, idk. More wifom than anything.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

oh also, I changed both my name and my avatar, so just in case anyone is confused: I used to be BottleKnight. But from the ashes of BK, I rise, as George Kansas.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Whatever you say, Jimmy Mississippi.

##unvote

Yeah I think four cops of differing sanities is possible so I'm going to think about this.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
what am I on ignore over here

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Leaving aside the beet claim, who else are your scumreads?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Whatever you say, Jimmy Mississippi.

##unvote

Yeah I think four cops of differing sanities is possible so I'm going to think about this.

Funnily I spoke about it on day 1:

hambeet posted:

pod recently did that five cop thing where they all had different sanities or whatever. i can't remember what that setup was called. i was in that game. you suck pod.

Murmur Twin posted:

Yeah it was Shine VI which he ran a few months ago, there was a dethy built in to the roles.

In that game I was an insane cop who was skeptical about my sanity due to my flavor but ignored it (link). I investigated someone as scum, scum jumped on that to help drive a mislynch, and then I got scumrushed and town lost.

So what do we do?

We can test your data to help the other cops "calibrate" their results when I flip town.

Not testing your result means it will all stay unresolved and all cops cannot trust their results going forward and town has to scum hunt the old fashioned way (probably what pod wants and its worked for us so far).

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

hambeet posted:

So what do we do?

We can test your data to help the other cops "calibrate" their results when I flip town.

Not testing your result means it will all stay unresolved and all cops cannot trust their results going forward and town has to scum hunt the old fashioned way (probably what pod wants and its worked for us so far).

Hmmmmmm... (emphasis mine above ^^)

##unvote Hambeet

We can test CCKeane's sanity profile by waiting another night or two until he gets another successful Investigation result, at the very least.

I'm still down for hunting scum outside of my suspicions on Hambeet for today. If CCKeane is unsure of themselves then I'm definitely unconvinced.

Personally, I'd really like to hear more casework from KhediveRex and Asiina (both of the people who were put On Notice yesterday for their lack of participation at CopCon).

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Here's a proposition:

CCKeane, if you were to Investigate me with your Rookie Cop ability tonight (Night 3), your results the following morning would tell me your sanity profile: whether you were sane, paranoid, naive, or insane.

Best yet, if someone interferes with your investigation, they'll more than likely be spotted by a Town watcher or tracker or what-have-you.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Also, when I was going over yesterday's records I stumbled a bit when I read over this post:

b-minus1 posted:

Remember this post tomorrow if I am lunched today. KB and Max dominating the conversation today. ##vote KB would also switch to max

Anyone got any ideas what B-minus1 was trying to do here?

It's kind of a WIFOM situation (am I using that term right?), but in hindsight it makes me think that (scum) B-minus1 was trying to protect King Burgundy from suspicion, rather than actually implicate him.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I have a big list of people I'm not interested in voting based mostly on how D1 votes went down (2 flipped scum 1 flipped town on the line).

hambeet is not one of those players

Solus voters: Hawke, MMT, Tobbs, Max, KB, Asiina, Hal, KR, Beek.
Solus not-voters: Toalpaz, Kashuno, bee, Keane, Hambeet, POS (and solus lol).
Bee voters: Asiina, Tobbs, Hal, Max, Hawke, KB, Beek.
Bee non-voters: hambeet, POS, Solus, bee, Keane, Kashuno, Toalpaz, KR, MMT

voted both: Hawke, Tobbs, Max, Hal, KB, Asiina, beek

voted neither: Toalpaz, Kashuno, bee, Keane, solus, POS, hambeet

voted one: MMT, KR

Are me, Hawke, Max, KB, Asiina, and beek confirmed town? No. But tossing a vote on TWO flipped scum while town was an option and no-lynching was possible is gutsy.

Of people on the list of people who voted neither, I like hambeet for scum. The cop claim doesn't help. The scummy governor ability doesn't help. Anyone who thinks that claim precludes him from being scum are out of their minds.

##vote hambeet

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Prince of Space posted:

Also, when I was going over yesterday's records I stumbled a bit when I read over this post:

Anyone got any ideas what B-minus1 was trying to do here?

It's kind of a WIFOM situation (am I using that term right?), but in hindsight it makes me think that (scum) B-minus1 was trying to protect King Burgundy from suspicion, rather than actually implicate him.

Nah

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Prince of Space posted:

Here's a proposition:

CCKeane, if you were to Investigate me with your Rookie Cop ability tonight (Night 3), your results the following morning would tell me your sanity profile: whether you were sane, paranoid, naive, or insane.

Best yet, if someone interferes with your investigation, they'll more than likely be spotted by a Town watcher or tracker or what-have-you.

Given the way the rookie cop is said to work, a watcher targeting you would cause the cop to fail making the whole exercise pointless.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Given the way the rookie cop is said to work, a watcher targeting you would cause the cop to fail making the whole exercise pointless.

A Watcher shouldn't target me in that scenario, then - they could or should target CCKeane. In that case, the only way that Scum could interefere with the Investigation with the Night-Kill without getting caught by a Watcher would be by Night-Killing me instead of CCKeane, which would ultimately still yield my flip in the end.

So, if CCKeane Investigates me overnight, either we get CCKeane's Investigation result and can better determine their sanity, or we get my flip from the Night-Kill in the morning and Town can move on from there. In some manner, at least, I'd hope we'd still get results by forcing Scum's hand.

Anyway, it's usually not always ideal to declare our night actions in advance, of course, so I'll understand if this proposal of mine doesn't gain any traction.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
not a fan of Prince trying to direct the claimed cops tbh

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

28766f69642a2930 posted:

I understand your apprehension, so I'll try and take a backseat and let others discuss their scumreads and whatnot over the rest of CopCon's Day 3. Our voting deadline's in about two days, which seems like a lot of time until you factor in the fact that it's the weekend and discussions take days to process due to time zones and Cop availability.