Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

What if *gasp* hal bus drove you and me?

:aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Though I'd lean more on this explanation.

CCKeane posted:

I'll throw this out as a possibility: Khedive knows he was visited by a scum teammate in some capacity, is hoping that silence by the town condemns BK.

There's many possibilities for a failure, and Khedive is trying to make it so the only explanation is BK is scum.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

quote:

:cop: Votecount for Day 3 :cop:

Prince of Space (1): hambeet
hambeet (1): CCKeane, Prince of Space, CCKeane, Prince of Space, Tobbs Gnawed
KhediveRex (1): CCKeane
CCKeane (1): 28766f69642a2930

Not Voting (7): Asiina, George Kansas, KhediveRex, King Burgundy, Max, Prince of Space, Toalpaz

With 11 cops still alive, it takes 6 votes to ban someone from CopCon.
The current deadline is January 28th, 2019 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 22 hours, 35 minutes.

:cop: Asiina and KhediveRex are ON NOTICE! :cop:

i'm in a 4 hour meeting tomorrow that'll take me across deadline, so my last chance to vote will be about 5 hours before deadline when i wake up (and put on my make up)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet posted:

(and put on my make up)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'm 12.5% on my way to making this a page o beet

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

hambeet posted:

i'm 12.5% on my way to making this a page o beet

I piss red for other reasons.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have no idea what that whole fight was about.

I'm annoyed, I can't follow this game.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

For the folks following at home:

-Rex is openly requesting that a power role reveal themselves, and then denies that he is doing this.

-Rex is dismissing my investigation result as "a Gambit", because I used a gambit to try to get D1 started. This is so much of a stretch that I suddenly had a burst of nostalgia for my long forgotten but beloved Stretch Armstrong doll.

-Rex's reaction to BK's claim is likewise bizarre.

Heres my quick case.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

KhediveRex posted:

I'm not fishing. I asked people specifically not to tell me their roles.

A lot of these roles are minor. This was something I thought was obvious but needed to be pointed out when you presented the argument that anyone calling themselves not vanilla could result in us losing the game.

This question *could* totally clear BK. It *could* also totally condemn BK. And that being the case, it's an important question to answer.

I'm with you, KhediveRex. I totally follow your reasoning and rationale behind your line of inquiry.

From the order of events and the timing of posts, it looks very possible that BottleKnight / George Kansas could have sneakily jumped onto CCKeane's claim that he knew "somebody" visited Hal Incandenza Night 1, and so they claimed that they were a Rookie Cop too.

Night 1 Claims:

Day 2 flip: MurmurTwin is killed by the Night-Kill and their target as a Cop-Aligned Rookie Cop is unknown.
Day 2 flip: Kashuno is killed by the Killer Cop and their target as a Cop-Aligned Rookie Cop is unknown.
Day 2 claim: Max targets Kashuno for a Killer Cop's Investigation and succeeds.
Day 2 claim: Hal Incandenza targets BottleKnight and Hal Incandenza with his Bus Driver ability and switches the results of whoever targeted them.
Day 2 soft-claim: CCKeane targets Hal Incandenza (actually BottleKnight) with his Rookie Cop Investigation and it fails because Hal Incandenza has already targeted BottleKnight.
Day 3 claim: BottleKnight targets Hal Incandenza (actually himself) with his Rookie Cop Investigation and it fails because both Hal Incandenza AND CCKeane have already targeted BottleKnight.

Night 2 Claims:

Day 3 flip: Hal Incandenza is killed by the Night-Kill and their targets as a Cop-Aligned Bus Driver are unknown.
Day 3 claim: CCKeane targets Hambeet with his Rookie Cop Investigation and it succeeds because no one else is targeting Hambeet. Hambeet comes up as Scum.
Day 3 claim: BottleKnight targets KhediveRex with his Rookie Cop Investigation and it fails because ??? has already targeted KhediveRex.

Here's why I don't believe KhediveRex's case that BottleKnight / George Kansas is lying scum who is hiding as a Rookie Cop:

- BottleKnight's reaction to CCKeane's soft-claim on Day 2 seems like genuine frustration that they got in the way of each other's investigations.
- BottleKnight stepping forward to back CCKeane's roleclaim early on Day 3 seems genuine.
- Setup Speculation: there are four potential cop sanity profiles, thus there must obviously be exactly four Cop-aligned Rookie Cops, each with a different sanity profile. No other Rookie Cops have claimed their role as such.
- No one else had claimed that they visited KhediveRex over Night 2, so even though the information that BottleKnight gave in their claim hasn't yet been verified, it was not something that BottleKnight could easily fabricated from already-established CopCon information.

In short, I believe in BottleKnight, who believes in CCKeane.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

hambeet posted:

Khed, what if hal visited you last night?

This is possible, and *could* explain why and how no one is stepping forward to back up BottleKnight's claim that they performed a Rookie Cop Investigation on KhediveRex Night 2 that failed.

hambeet posted:

What if *gasp* hal bus drove you and me?

:aaaaa:

This is impossible, because otherwise CCKeane wouldn't have succeeded in their Investigation of you.

For CCKean's Rookie Cop Investigation to succeed, no one should have targeted Hambeet last night except for CCKeane - not even our late Bus Driver.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Asiina posted:

I have no idea what that whole fight was about.

I'm annoyed, I can't follow this game.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm sorry, I know I'm not pulling my weight this game for town but because we lunched scum twice in the row I've been putting this game on the backburner of my mind. I'm going to read through thread tomorrow and make executive decisions/reads. Every time I try and read through these discussions about how ~*~weird~*~ Kdrex or Keane or POS is being I just don't see it or didn't have that read originally of the situation originally.

I would rather vote on the result at this point too because it clears up the conversation somewhat, we're ahead, and it's better than what I've seen suggested I think. I don't know if I want to follow POS's plans from what I've seen of them, I don't know if KDRex is just scum or wordy town. I wonder if this is what it's like watching me argue with someone for 4+ pages.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm just glazing over everything Rex and Prince are saying. It's just so verbose while saying so little. At least it seems that way, maybe they're making excellent cases but I can't actually decipher them at all.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Asiina posted:

I'm just glazing over everything Rex and Prince are saying. It's just so verbose while saying so little. At least it seems that way, maybe they're making excellent cases but I can't actually decipher them at all.

110% this lol

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Basically, BottleKnight has no concrete proof that they are a fourth Rookie Cop - not yet.

Someone could verify BottleKnight's Rookie Cop claim if they also admit to visiting KhediveRex Night 2, which isn't likely to happen.

It's also possible that Hal Incandenza bus-drove KhediveRex last night and that's what messed up BottleKnight's Investigation.

Hal Incandenza cannot have bus-driven Hambeet last night, however, because otherwise CCKeane's Investigation on Hambeet would have failed.

If you're having a hard time following, it's because Rookie Cops suck.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Someone speaks my language!! I thought I was forever alone!!

We can be friends Prince. In fact we must be friends now. It's too late. You and me? Pals. Confirmed. No take-backsies.

I don't disagree with the larger points of your assessment but let me respond to your four main criticisms.

1) BK seeming genuine in his reaction to Keane is far from conclusive evidence.

2) Is there any reason BK would not have backed up Keane's claim? We had already lost two Rookie Cops by that point, it was pretty clear Keane wasn't making up the role. And BK's security comes from his interactions with Keane. He would want Keane to seem towny and for his case to he taken seriously, especially if the case was aimed at a not scum.

3) This is the best point you have raised in my opinion. I also agree that there are four Rookie Cops and that in the absence of a fifth claim it makes sense to treat all four of them as genuine.

4) BK would have been well advised guessing that someone would visit me last night. I came off of day 2 with a lot of heat on me owing to the Asiina case.

I Guess The Things I'd Emphasize Are

What will we say if really no one at all can vet BK's claim? We have most of a full day for it to happen, so, I'm waiting to see. But, what happens if it doesn't? We chalk it up to Hal and move on? At that point there is a contradiction in his claimed moves and it seems super charitable to let that go without any examination.

Is Keane's reaction to my case what you would expect from Keane? I've never seen him slap fight and he got super riled up about my BK case. Defensive. Was I being totally inaccessible and he was in his right to assume I was arguing against him? Or is there something more there?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

KhediveRex posted:

Someone speaks my language!! I thought I was forever alone!!

We can be friends Prince. In fact we must be friends now. It's too late. You and me? Pals. Confirmed. No take-backsies.

I don't disagree with the larger points of your assessment but let me respond to your four main criticisms.

1) BK seeming genuine in his reaction to Keane is far from conclusive evidence.

2) Is there any reason BK would not have backed up Keane's claim? We had already lost two Rookie Cops by that point, it was pretty clear Keane wasn't making up the role. And BK's security comes from his interactions with Keane. He would want Keane to seem towny and for his case to he taken seriously, especially if the case was aimed at a not scum.

3) This is the best point you have raised in my opinion. I also agree that there are four Rookie Cops and that in the absence of a fifth claim it makes sense to treat all four of them as genuine.

4) BK would have been well advised guessing that someone would visit me last night. I came off of day 2 with a lot of heat on me owing to the Asiina case.

I Guess The Things I'd Emphasize Are

What will we say if really no one at all can vet BK's claim? We have most of a full day for it to happen, so, I'm waiting to see. But, what happens if it doesn't? We chalk it up to Hal and move on? At that point there is a contradiction in his claimed moves and it seems super charitable to let that go without any examination.

Is Keane's reaction to my case what you would expect from Keane? I've never seen him slap fight and he got super riled up about my BK case. Defensive. Was I being totally inaccessible and he was in his right to assume I was arguing against him? Or is there something more there?

I am saying you are scum. I am saying your case is scummy. Its wild that you're taking this as me being defensive.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Prince of Space posted:

This is impossible, because otherwise CCKeane wouldn't have succeeded in their Investigation of you.

ahh yes, quite right!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

actually, with the idea of a dethy (with cops of varying sanity) plus the cops investigations failing if someone visits their target it's seems like the cops are horribly broken from the get go.

their results are either completely unreliable because of sanity

or they're just going to fail because of interference from other players who may visit their investigation target (bus driver who visits at least two players in a night, a messenger, presumably a couple of other town roles, as well as scum roles that might not kill)

does that not seem odd?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

hambeet posted:

actually, with the idea of a dethy (with cops of varying sanity) plus the cops investigations failing if someone visits their target it's seems like the cops are horribly broken from the get go.

their results are either completely unreliable because of sanity

or they're just going to fail because of interference from other players who may visit their investigation target (bus driver who visits at least two players in a night, a messenger, presumably a couple of other town roles, as well as scum roles that might not kill)

does that not seem odd?

It does not.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

why?

it seems the rookie cops are as useful as vanilla town at this point. probably actively more harmful.

you probably won't agree with that last point until i flip town, but yeah... kind of seems all a big distraction.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

hambeet posted:

cops are horribly broken from the get go.

:snod:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

hambeet posted:

why?

it seems the rookie cops are as useful as vanilla town at this point. probably actively more harmful.

you probably won't agree with that last point until i flip town, but yeah... kind of seems all a big distraction.

I have changed my mind and do not think you are scum.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh aces

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
We have no evidence that cops are anything but sane. Differing sanities are pure speculation, right?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

We have no evidence that cops are anything but sane. Differing sanities are pure speculation, right?

yeah

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

How about a quick one off guys? In a world where Keane and BK are Town.

Hambeet - Seems very Town today. Highly engaged.

Tobbs - If anyone is Town its Tobbs. Lead the case on B. Has argued for good things all game.

Keane - In a world where Keane and BK are town, Keane is Town.

BK - In a world where Keane and BK are Town, BK is Town.

Max - Didn't kill anyone with unique flavor text last night, lends credence to their claim. Likely to be Town.

Prince - Doesn't read scummy to me. Actually reads my posts. All around Town All Star.

Toalpaz - Null read. Weaker participation, on the edge of most things. Hasn't lead any campaigns.

Asiina - Decent candidate for scum but will very likely be freely lynchable tomorrow so, waste of a vote.

King Burgandy - Weird participation, throwing a lot of shade to see where it lands.

Birb - Checks in to poke other people's cases. Hasn't lead any campaigns. Sideways participation.

Rex - Self. Would not vote.

So, I gotta follow up and do a more careful read on Birb, KB and Toalpaz. I'll share what I find.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

ugh okay apologies for the setup spec.

it's going off the idea that there's four cops. if four cops were all sane, that'd be horribly over powered for town. so pod's balanced them some what.

so there's two ways it appears that's been done:

:cop: either their sanities have been hosed with and they're gonna stuff up their results (lol, they are rookie cops after all), or
:cop: their results failing if someone else visits was the balancing mechanism, by having the bus driver, messenger and other roles, plus the four of them running around bumbling into each other and ruining results.

both are likely i feel. pod recently did a dethy (first option) in a recent game. would he use it again? maybe?

would he do both options? this is what i was talking about a few posts ago. having both options in play means rookie cops are really useless. a big joke by pod. however that seems tremendously mean & unfair. still pretty much pod though. but yeah, is having both too much? well..

i know the first has to be somewhat true because i know i'm town. you all wont know conclusively until i flip.

the second we know is also somewhat true by claimed night results.

sooo here we are.

it's why i said i'm okay being flipped, it's give us info on the claimed cops. unless someone has a much better case and lynch candidate.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh another option is the currently alive cops are both lying about being cops and their mechanics. i'd have to go back and read again when and where people claimed to see if that's likely, but i've not really entertained it because i don't think it's likely.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

KhediveRex posted:

Max - Didn't kill anyone with unique flavor text last night, lends credence to their claim. Likely to be Town.

or third party

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

hambeet posted:

ugh okay apologies for the setup spec.

it's going off the idea that there's four cops. if four cops were all sane, that'd be horribly over powered for town. so pod's balanced them some what.

so there's two ways it appears that's been done:

:cop: either their sanities have been hosed with and they're gonna stuff up their results (lol, they are rookie cops after all), or
:cop: their results failing if someone else visits was the balancing mechanism, by having the bus driver, messenger and other roles, plus the four of them running around bumbling into each other and ruining results.

both are likely i feel. pod recently did a dethy (first option) in a recent game. would he use it again? maybe?

would he do both options? this is what i was talking about a few posts ago. having both options in play means rookie cops are really useless. a big joke by pod. however that seems tremendously mean & unfair. still pretty much pod though. but yeah, is having both too much? well..

i know the first has to be somewhat true because i know i'm town. you all wont know conclusively until i flip.

the second we know is also somewhat true by claimed night results.

sooo here we are.

it's why i said i'm okay being flipped, it's give us info on the claimed cops. unless someone has a much better case and lynch candidate.

You flipping doesn't do poo poo for my sanity though, so I mean, let's chill.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Kb and Birb participated with both scum-dunks.

Toal participated with the bminus vote. Day 1 he voted Hal and stayed on Hal.

Kb's reads are speculative and weird which isn't what I expect from him. But I can't reconcile Scum KB casing me for using the wrong pronouns. And voting scum twice is strong evidence that KB is town.

Birb has been playing very mild, almost jokey. But two votes on Scum is as strong an argument for him as it is for KB. Strong evidence of town.

Toalpaz reads checked out and jokey. Wouldn't be my first pick for scum on tone alone but, of the three I highlighted earlier, Toal is the best candidate.

I want to compare the likelyhood of Toal versus the likelyhood of BK/Keane to double check the working theory that BK/Keane are town.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

CCKeane posted:

You flipping doesn't do poo poo for my sanity though, so I mean, let's chill.

i'm super chill

just chatting, ya know?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
weird how Rex conveniently forgot about asiina from yesterday until she’s free to dunk tomorrow

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

28766f69642a2930 posted:

weird how Rex conveniently forgot about asiina from yesterday until she’s free to dunk tomorrow

You voted me for my Asiina case Birb. The whole thread came out to tell me, in no uncertain terms, it was ridiculous to assume that asiina was going for a no lynch with seven minutes on the clock.

Of course, Tobbs comes on to the thread today to tell me it isn't reasonable that BK switched to Solus with four minutes left on the clock because he would have just gone for the no lynch. But you know what, I'm not splitting hairs.

On the other hand, I would like to point out that pushing the Asiina case made me the thread bad guy. Thats fine. But I'm not really down with also being treated like the thread bad guy for *not pushing* the case that made me the thread bad guy.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I am also rather suspect on Toalpaz today.

They had really good and appropriately accurate reads on who seemed the scummiest near the end of Day 1, but they haven't really added anything notable or major like that to the conversation since. Here's the post:

Toalpaz posted:

I have gone through nearly everyone's post histories, I've gotta go out and do nerdy games but I'll be around and on my phone to make sure lunch happens. This is what's stuck out to me as scummy personally. I know that a lot of these aren't possible lunches tonight but this is the last time I'll get to post seriously before possible NKed. (the S stands for scum),

-S The B- File:
B- has been content lite this game, asked for some more comments on people. Suggested a chain lunch turbo but refused to elaborate. Asiina asked for us to lunch him because he’s present but not engaging with content. I think this is a fine lunch/meta read on b-. I’m scum lean on this.

-S The CCKeane file:
I have words about this, it's mostly that Keane votes me for wanting to appear 'correct' over having specific scum reads on the situation. The truth of the matter is that situation that Keane constructed is utter WIFOM, and I didn't post reads because based off of a piece of WIFOM because guesswork and I hadn't really read the people involved (MMT and Keane). I think Keane is scum now because we're close to deadline and all Keane's done really is ask a lot of why and who questions, without offering many opinions themself, apart from throwing light shade at me and KDRex. Keane has left their vote on me since I answered their riddle poorly and we're close to deadline where we need to iron out who's who and make lunch clear. The whole riddle situation that Keane constructed doesn't have a clear answer, and expecting me to give them a read on Keane or MMT based on that is kinda BS.

-S The Hal file:
Probably Hal’s scumgame would vote. Not much of value there. Just doesn't seem present imo.

-S The Hambeet File:
Right now Hambeet sits at a miserly 55 posts, while second top poster, is nowhere near what I would expect in general, coming in just over half of top poster Max. This meta reads as scum.

The Kash File
Well, okay. It sounded like you were going out for dinner and bailing on the vote. That's how I read your post. It sounded like bye bye folks, I'm out. My bad if that wasn't your intention.

-S The SolusLunes File
Probably scum. Wouldn't put it past him lurky etc. That whole exchange (the vote/unvote on max) reads as overly awkward. That said we should never kill Solus D1 because... come on. Give him a break.

In response to MMT about Max. I honestly can't remember scum Max or what scum Max would play like. I think it's odd how people have been generous to me this game re: reading the intent of some of the things I've said positively, and I'm personally happy about KB and Max's play. Max is also top poster with almost twice of Hambeet's post. Basically, for D1, if Max is scum Max is scum I can live with and hopefully it will become more clear through his interactions.

Two of the five people Toalpaz named as Scummy in that Day 1 post (B-minus1, SolusLunes) have flipped Activist thus far, and one of them (Hal Incandenza) has flipped Cop-aligned. The other two (CCKeane, Hambeet) have had either their alignment or their sanity hotly questioned or contested today.

Basically, everyone in Toalpaz's big Day 1 post has been in the public eye quite a bit lately, and out of those they mentioned that are still alive, CCKeane visited Hambeet as a Town maneuver and Hambeet's performing more and more like a Town player today.

In summary, I think it's time that Toalpaz came out with a new scum file dossier for us to discuss! Toalpaz - who's on your top scumlist now?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
maybe it’s because maybe

just maybe

you don’t believe the case ##vote Rex

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

I've followed a tangent I don't yet know how to strongly explore. But it's an observation that merits thought.

The two people we've flipped as scum were both low post count, low involvement, disengaged posters. From the beginning to the end.

Hypothesis: this level of disinvolvement characterizes scum chat in general.

High engagement, high level discourse posters would have provided a higher level of excitement and engagement for scum team. Known scum have posted like this game was an obligation. No one is in scum chat leading the conversation.

What does that mean?

There are posters who take the discussion very seriously, who expect and initiate a certain level of discourse. I'd characterize KB that way. I'd characterize Asiina that way. I'd characterize Toal that way.

Hambeet is more chill than that. BK is more chill than that.

While we scum hunt, I thinks it's worth keeping in mind that we're looking for players who fit a certain profile. Laid back, low intensity posters. Someone whose presence in scum chat wouldn't have resulted in a deeply involved scum team.

And in that regard, Toal is not my favorite vote today.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Just did a reread of the entire ongoing CopCon investigation and now I need to sleep off a budding headache. The last few pages have felt like a Town-only back and forth slap fight to me, and I think that's precisely because of what KhediveRex is pointing out: the scum-team present at CopCon is playing a very low-interest, low-content posting game. They just aren't really all that invested in CopCon whatsoever, and it shows. For that reason, I'm gonna park a pressure vote on the worst offender before going to bed.

##vote Asiina

Oh, one quick question for Hambeet:

What were your results from Night 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Uh? Did you mean me?