Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
i'm cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

CCKeane posted:

What're you a cop?

don't you backsass me

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
case closed *ending theme plays*

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Murmur Twin posted:

That said, I don’t really know what to do with that other than to make a note of it and continue playing mafia.

This is the right thing to do.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ok I'm back again, are we still just making cop jokes or is there a game here now?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ok I'm back again, are we still just making cop jokes or is there a game here now?

ur under arrest!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

It's also becoming clear to me that my material is getting stale, I'm going to have to update my repertoire.

lol

imitation is a form of flattery ya know?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh it's more people taking N0 action claims seriously, my favorite mafia event

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh it's more people taking N0 action claims seriously, my favorite mafia event

But do you believe it?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean I'm trying a bit?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

But do you believe it?

No I most certainly do not

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Hal Incandenza posted:

No I most certainly do not

Interesting.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Interesting.

Truly it is not

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Truly it is not

Well, if Keane is a liar, is he lying scum pulling a gambit? Lying town trying to stir up poo poo?

He's already stood by the claim when pressed.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
So what do you suggest be done about CCKeane and their n0 claim, Hal Incandenza?

Pursue their possibly-false claim / punish them for their possibly-false claim / ignore their claim entirely / ignore their claim but keep tabs on them?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i keep reading it as 'no claim' like you're all being super l33t

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
I don't believe the n0 cop claim. But I don't think the false claim was motivated by scummy intentions. It did start us out with something to actually discuss.

I think reactions to the cop claim are possibly important.

MMT - Thinks the claim could be real. In as much as Keane is paranoid and would return a scum verdict on anyone.

Toal - Thinks the claim could be real.

Max - Thinks the claim could be real.

Asiina - Doesn't believe the claim.

Rex - Doesn't believe the claim and rounds on Toal about it.

Hambeet - Doesn't believe the claim and rounds on Toal about it.

Birb- Doesn't believe the claim and rounds on Toal about it.

Hal- Doesn't believe the claim.

Bminus - Doesn't believe the claim and thinks Keane is suspicious for introducing it.

King Burgandy - Doesn't comment on the claim but steps in to defend Toal.

Tobbs - Doesn't comment on the claim but steps in to say that Keane played his role right by claiming, if that is his role.

Prince of Space - Doesn't comment on whether he believes the claim but pushes for discussion about how to handle it.

BottleKnight - Posts "Oh My God" in reference to the claim. Also posts that he was planning to question Toal about his response to the claim.

Solus - Minimal interaction with the claim except to offer Keane a few questions.

Kashuno - No interaction with the claim.

Keane - Initiates the claim. Does not vote on it and offers a lot of questions to the people who respond positively to it.

No Votes are placed on MMT for being the subject of the claim (Except Bottleknight's vote which existed before hand because MMT was pinging him)

No Votes are placed on Keane for initiating the claim.

It looks like 3 people think the claim could have merit. 6 people think the claim is not true. 6 people haven't expressed a strong opinion about the claim.

Out of everyone's reaction, I think I find BK's the most suspicious.

Seems like tacit acknowledgement of the validity of the claim. Followed by

In regards to Hambeet echoing of Birb's line of inquiry against Toal, another tacit believer of the claim.

Question Time:

BK, do you believe the claim? And how does it affect your conclusion to vote for MMT?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hmm I don't feel kb is actually defending toal, though, so I've gone back again and I think it looks like hedging.

King Burgundy posted:

FWIW, the first time I read this, I was like, "whaaa? Toal didn't start it?"

And then after rereading the section in question a few times, I can see it now. But it definitely didn't read like that the first time through and if I was Toal, I can see thinking I didn't start it either.

so everyone's right? and kb doesn't have an opinion on the claim itself?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh, but I like your stuff on bk

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I like Rex's write up.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Well, if Keane is a liar, is he lying scum pulling a gambit? Lying town trying to stir up poo poo?

He's already stood by the claim when pressed.

He's just Keaneing it up, creating content, doing his thang

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
:cop: Votecount for Day 1 :cop:

Tobbs Gnawed (2): SolusLunes, b-minus1
Prince of Space (1): King Burgundy
King Burgundy (1): Max, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
BottleKnight (1): Tobbs Gnawed
KhediveRex (1): 28766f69642a2930
Max (1): Murmur Twin
Murmur Twin (1): BottleKnight

Not Voting (8): Asiina, CCKeane, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Kashuno, KhediveRex, Prince of Space, Toalpaz

With 16 cops still alive, it takes 9 votes to ban someone from CopCon.
The current deadline is January 21st, 2019 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
the n0 c0p 74lk is like a block in my head. I’ll have a look at some of these votes

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have no strong feelings about anyone.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised there are so many votes down tbh

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Where is scumshuno

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Asiina posted:

I'm surprised there are so many votes down tbh
Hell, :same:

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Where is scumshuno
Good point:

Kashuno posted:

what if I have 10 contentless poo poo posts but 10 real posts also
What if you have no posts?

Man, I forgot how hard day 1 is when it comes to intense investigations like these.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
okay someone’s had a feed and I’ve had a read

• BK voting MMT reads as genuine

• The bplus1 vote on Tobbs and Tobbs voting BK look like joke votes with the option to turn into ‘real’ votes later.

• The other votes read like jokephase. I am including MMT voting Max in this, i think I misread it earlier.

Tell me if I’m wrong.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Oh I am sorry everyone, I had a typical in my post, I meant to say "I'm not a n0 cop but if I was I bet..." Before all of my posts, I'm sorry for the confusion.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Oh I am sorry everyone, I had a typo in my post, I meant to say "I'm not a n0 cop but if I was I bet..." Before all of my posts, I'm sorry for the confusion.

Another typo , jeez.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

okay someone’s had a feed and I’ve had a read

• BK voting MMT reads as genuine

• The bplus1 vote on Tobbs and Tobbs voting BK look like joke votes with the option to turn into ‘real’ votes later.

• The other votes read like jokephase. I am including MMT voting Max in this, i think I misread it earlier.

Tell me if I’m wrong.

##unvote

:colbert:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Toal's reaction toward my claim was off, and seemed gear toward being "correct" instead of providing a meaningful read - scum knows MMT's alignment, and dismissing me out of hand as paranoid feds into this.

So my vote is on Toal ATM.

##vote Toal

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

CCKeane posted:

Oh I am sorry everyone, I had a typical in my post, I meant to say "I'm not a n0 cop but if I was I bet..." Before all of my posts, I'm sorry for the confusion.

So what did you learn, man?

I mean, cool stunt and all. But who stands out to you after?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Toal's reaction toward my claim was off, and seemed gear toward being "correct" instead of providing a meaningful read - scum knows MMT's alignment, and dismissing me out of hand as paranoid feds into this.

##vote Toal

CCKeane posted:

I'm going to claim this as a jump start.

I'm a desk cop, I get One (1) investigation...n0. But! The flavor I got seemed to strongly imply I was paranoid so there's that.

Anyway MMT came up scum so do with that what you will.

Where could he have gotten that idea.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Where could he have gotten that idea.

Sure! I went with that mostly because I didn't want to slam someone outta nowhere. But Toal went pretty far with associated setup spec which seems like a wild reaction, instead of just ignoring it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

Setup spec, I specialize in it. Pod hates cops I think. Any chance he has to make an unreliable cop is probably legit. If you hadn't had brought up the paranoid flavour though I probably would vote MMT.

Do you think your role makes sense Keane?

This reaction and thinking seems pretty suspect to me!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

KhediveRex posted:

So what did you learn, man?

I mean, cool stunt and all. But who stands out to you after?

Have anything to add to this post you made after I made a post answering this question?

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

I re-read Toal's reaction and there is some oddity in it.

Toalpaz posted:

Setup spec, I specialize in it. Pod hates cops I think. Any chance he has to make an unreliable cop is probably legit. If you hadn't had brought up the paranoid flavour though I probably would vote MMT.

Do you think your role makes sense Keane?

"You're an unreliable cop and that sounds legit. Also, if you were a reliable cop, that would be legit too."

Toalpaz posted:

If you think the result is real just vote MMT and be done with it.

Which result? Keane's paranoid investigation? Why vote MMT for being flagged scum by a paranoid cop?

Or is the question here not whether keane is lying about n0 investigating someone, but rather whether keane is lying about having paranoid implications in his flavor? Why would he lie about that if his role was real?

But Also!

CCKeane posted:

##vote Toal

This seems off to me. I think its ... kind of a stretch.

His major points seem to be

1) Toal was more interested in being right than providing clear reads.

2) Scum (Toal) knows MMT's alignment and establishing that Keane is paranoid helps scum in some way because of MMT's alignment.

As to the first point, Toal being defensive about something he prides himself on (setup spec) isn't outside the realm of the believable and doesn't necessarily make him scum. I think it's more likely to be a pride thing than a calculated move with a clearly defined agenda.

As to the second point, it doesn't really follow for me. I'm still attempting to make sense of it.

Scenario 1: Scum knows MMT is Town. It is helpful to establish Keane as paranoid because ... ??? ...

Scenario 2: Scum knows MMT is Scum. It is helpful to establish Keane as paranoid because it will result in MMT not being lynched because of Keane's cop result.

Scenario 2 is plausible but if that was the reasoning behind Keane's post, where is the indictment of MMT as scum? That's something worth sharing with the group.

In Summary

At the moment I don't think Toal is scum. Keane has risen a little bit in my suspicion but I also wouldn't be comfortable voting for him. My assumption at the moment is just that they are both town barrel rolling into each other.

There's the outlying possibility that they're both scum. That Toal was jumping on to defend Keane's claim and Keane used it as an opportunity to give him a hard time, possibly leading to a Toal lynch and town cred. I could see that a little easier than one or the other being scum. But it's still wildly unlikely.

At present, I'd still like to hear from BK - who was the man with the most odd reaction to Keane's claim. And, sort of in the realm of fuzzy feelings, I think both Asiina and bminus have been uncharacteristically quiet.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

I never believe n0 cops because they're never real, but also claiming a n0 cop is a null tell so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

KhediveRex posted:

I re-read Toal's reaction and there is some oddity in it.

"You're an unreliable cop and that sounds legit. Also, if you were a reliable cop, that would be legit too."

Which result? Keane's paranoid investigation? Why vote MMT for being flagged scum by a paranoid cop?

Or is the question here not whether keane is lying about n0 investigating someone, but rather whether keane is lying about having paranoid implications in his flavor? Why would he lie about that if his role was real?

But Also!

This seems off to me. I think its ... kind of a stretch.

His major points seem to be

1) Toal was more interested in being right than providing clear reads.

2) Scum (Toal) knows MMT's alignment and establishing that Keane is paranoid helps scum in some way because of MMT's alignment.

As to the first point, Toal being defensive about something he prides himself on (setup spec) isn't outside the realm of the believable and doesn't necessarily make him scum. I think it's more likely to be a pride thing than a calculated move with a clearly defined agenda.

As to the second point, it doesn't really follow for me. I'm still attempting to make sense of it.

Scenario 1: Scum knows MMT is Town. It is helpful to establish Keane as paranoid because ... ??? ...

Scenario 2: Scum knows MMT is Scum. It is helpful to establish Keane as paranoid because it will result in MMT not being lynched because of Keane's cop result.

Scenario 2 is plausible but if that was the reasoning behind Keane's post, where is the indictment of MMT as scum? That's something worth sharing with the group.

In Summary

At the moment I don't think Toal is scum. Keane has risen a little bit in my suspicion but I also wouldn't be comfortable voting for him. My assumption at the moment is just that they are both town barrel rolling into each other.

There's the outlying possibility that they're both scum. That Toal was jumping on to defend Keane's claim and Keane used it as an opportunity to give him a hard time, possibly leading to a Toal lynch and town cred. I could see that a little easier than one or the other being scum. But it's still wildly unlikely.

At present, I'd still like to hear from BK - who was the man with the most odd reaction to Keane's claim. And, sort of in the realm of fuzzy feelings, I think both Asiina and bminus have been uncharacteristically quiet.

I am glad you came to the conclusion that Toal or I could be scum, or not.