Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

hello podima

i too am a cop

sloth cop

would you like a burger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

BottleKnight posted:

I know you didn’t ask me

but yes I would

please give me a burger sir

there are always burgers in slothmerica, land of the burg, come to the new improved freedomland

Hal Incandenza posted:

This seems to be a good cop though so now I don’t know what to think

sloth law is truly the one legal code we can all unite behind

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Podima posted:

Almost! Just need one more.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

friends today i investigated myself

it came back with two results

i am role slothcop

my alignment cop came back bastard???

sloth cops can't be bastards, this isn't right

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

BottleKnight posted:

I've done no crimes lately because, as a cop, I can do no crimes.

confirming

i am the law

i assume all the rest of you are also the law

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

##vote BK

Trying to impersonate Max?

look to correctly impersonate max

what happens if I did... this?

##vote tobbs the cop

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

wait is it do or did

help me out here max

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Keane, what specifically was the flavor you got that made you think you're paranoid?

I'm curious about that.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

CCKeane posted:

What're you a cop?

don't you backsass me

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ok I'm back again, are we still just making cop jokes or is there a game here now?

I mean I'm trying a bit?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

So I didn't really have any big scum feels, only a couple minor ones and then I caught up on the thread and something weird stuck out to me that potentially implicates one person and possibly a second.

But it is kinda a weird thing to catch someone on and I feel a bit bad about it so I'm debating whether or not to even bring it up.

I'll sleep on it.

do it

do it

do it

do it

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

If mmt is lunches and flips scum we wil turbo you tomorrow

This is dumb. But:

Max posted:

Also MMT is playing into her scum meta. She's mostly commented on safe topics and hasn't made any hard calls about people's alignments based on how they are posting.

Sorry MMT, ILU but also die scum.

This is... inaccurate. I would argue that commenting on Keane's n0 paranoid cop claim isn't particularly safe.

On the other hand, I know I can't read you, and I try to remind myself to default to "never trust max". So:

##vote Max

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I mean sure she hasn't made any hard calls on alignment but neither had I (or a bunch of other people)?

It is possible that you're just scum who's seen an opening on a meta case.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Max posted:

I mean, I'm also not voting her so include that in the "interesting" category of your response.

I... apparently read her voting you in votefinder as you voting her. I'm good at things, I promise.

Max posted:

Because I felt like focusing on her. It's interesting that you didn't wait to see her respond to this before taking sides though.

And that's, of course, the thing I always seem to harp on people for.

I'm still suspicious of you but I had thought you'd voted her. ##unvote

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

KhediveRex posted:

In reference to Keane voting Toal on the logic that Toal dismissed Keane as paranoid.

In reference to my voting Toal on the logic that Toal didn't object to KB's case.

In both instances, Max makes very reasonable points that cast doubt on the conclusions reached by I and Keane. What stands out to me however, is that of three instances where Max defends a fellow poster, two of them are defenses of Toal. The third defense (of me) rounds quickly into an attack on KB, who Max had voted earlier in the thread.

In both circumstances, Max defends Toal before Toal has the chance to defend theirself. But Max goes on to scold SolusLunes for defending MMT before MMT had the chance to defend herself.

This speaks to me of some kind of association or attachment with Toal.

Max's tenacity at the end of the day doesn't seem focused. It seems like they would vote any of MMT, KB, Rex or Kash, who ever has the thread attention at that time.

The standing vote on Kash is especially confusing because, a) Kash will be lurker gunned without us wasting a day on them. b) Theres been enough suspicious activity to justify having a decent read on someone and not settling for just lynching the hardest lurking lurker.

Pressuring the rest of us to settle on a vote because of the impending deadline while keeping her vote on Kash for ultimately political reason (wanting to pressure them into posting) during the final hours of an impending deadline isn't very coherent.

Max went from being the highest frequency joke poster early in the day to the person most excitedly pushing for a lynch now that time is dwindling.

Altogether, I think I'm happiest voting Max tonight.

##vote Max

As someone who always suspects Max I want to do a thing that flies in the face of 'don't defend someone else' again:

I don't have faith in freelynch lurker rules, and I imagine most people, including Max, don't either. I'm 100% down with lynching someone D1 for being a complete lurker, because freelynches never happening means that lurking is a safe place for scum to hide.

I don't think Max wanting to lynch Kashuno, a lurker, is a scum tell.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

What's your opinion of Max's alignment?

My opinion is that he's still scummy, but not for that specific reason.

The original reason I had a scummy read (insofar as I can read Max, I've been wrong in literally every game about him) on him was this, in response to his comments about your meta:

SolusLunes posted:

This is... inaccurate. I would argue that commenting on Keane's n0 paranoid cop claim isn't particularly safe.

On the other hand, I know I can't read you, and I try to remind myself to default to "never trust max". So:

##vote Max

Also because I erroneously believed that he'd voted you (when I'd just misread your vote on him).

Max posted:

Also you are one of three votes that just piled on me in quick succession, don't tell me to relax about that.

Town Max seems to generally have more chill than this? I'm also suspicious that Max made me back down on voting him despite my initial gut reaction.

##vote Max

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

gently caress you know what I just re-read things and I don't know what the gently caress anymore

I'm getting more caffeine

##unvote

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

Oh my god did literally this entire game think that was a real vote?

I thought it was a real vote!

Inside jokes are generally not known by people who weren't on the inside for them.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

So Tobbs said "Max is dangerous at scum" and you think I thought "oh no that is a real thing I should base a real vote on"?

Like I can't be mad because apparently everyone thought it, I'm more just baffled by it.

Okay yeah you're right, it was pretty clearly a jokevote in my mind.

Look I know I can't read Max worth a poo poo and I've told him so, and I can't trust him :tinfoil:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

:ghost: oh hey I got lynched D1 in a last minute swing again, imagine that :ghost:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Max posted:

Day 1 can be like that. It's honestly dangerous to not be around at deadline for day 1.

:ghost: :colbert: :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

TWENTY GODDAMN GRIFT TEEN

GOOD JERB TOALPAZ