Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Why does this place exist? What does it have that you can't get at a mcdonalds or a wendys or even a jack in the box? Does it offer anything unique? I haven't been enticed to eat here in probably over a decade.

Even the white house gave it very little table real estate. I think its time to depose the king.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
The 2 for $6 Spicy Chicken Sandwiches are pretty good in my opinion but everything else there is a meh version of another fast food places offerings.

I guess they have croissants for their breakfast sandwiches which is nice but I still prefer McDonalds on that front too.

Shitty Wizard fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jan 16, 2019

TUNAFISHING 87
Dec 20, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Burger King, also known as Hungry Jacks, has far superior burgers to McDonalds.

The Whopper is an excellent burger, the Big Mac is terrible apart from the sauce.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

10 nuggets for a dollar dude

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I never do.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
They used to be called Burger Duke but the name evoked unappetizing images, so they changed it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Filets-O-Fish or Filet-O-Fishes

TUNAFISHING 87
Dec 20, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Mu Zeta posted:

Remove the bottom bun from a filet-o-fish/Whaler/fish burger and the top bun from a Cheeseburger and put them together = best burger.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
They have a kitschy 50s atmosphere so sometimes I take my McDonalds there and eat it.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
walking into a burger king is like walking into the 80's in a lot of places still, but the whopper is probably overall my favorite fast food burger. pity nothing else on the menu is any good.

i hate the big mac because i really don't like cheese and mayo and twenty years ago, I just gave up trying to explain to mcdonalds what "no cheese, no mayo" means - that being said, mcdonalds has top tier chicken nuggets and top tier french fries.

wendys probably has overall highest quality food, but i used to a gently caress a wendys cashier and ended up eating way too much free food from there so i try to avoid it.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Is...is this like a SERIOUS question?!

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
imo they're slightly better than mcdonalds. not saying much

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Nah

They're mostly gone in the uk. I see one every now and then but they're waaaay too expensive

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

i hate the big mac because i really don't like cheese and mayo and twenty years ago, I just gave up trying to explain to mcdonalds what "no cheese, no mayo" means - that being said, mcdonalds has top tier chicken nuggets and top tier french fries.

They probably got confused because you were asking for no mayo on a sandwich that doesn't have mayo.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
confession time i like arby's

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Time for 500 nerds to post about how they looked at a burger once and their rear end spontaneously prolapsed and sprayed liquid poo poo everywhere

communism bitch fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jan 16, 2019

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Up until last week, I hadn't eaten a fish sandwich from a fast food restaurant in approximately two months. More often than not, when I do order a fish sandwich from a fast food restaurant, it is a Filet- O- Fish (R) sandwich from McDonald's(R). Last Friday however, I was at the Burger King (R) restaurant located close to my apartment, when I remembered that as part of a summer promotion, their fish sandwiches were "Buy one, get one free" on Fridays. I had never eaten a Burger King (R) BK Big Fish (R) sandwich before, in fact, I had never even seen one. But, because I love a bargain and was in the mood for something besides burgers, I decided to order the fish sandwich(es) "to- go". As soon as the friendly counterperson handed me the bag containing the two fish sandwiches, I was surprised at how heavy the bag was. As I walked away from the counter, I peered into the bag and saw that the Burger King (R) fish sandwiches were quite large. In fact, they appeared to be huge. I looked- up the BK Big Fish (R) sandwich on the wall- mounted nutrition chart in the restaurant and read that this fish sandwich weighs over four ounces.

When I got home, I wasted no tme in opening one of the BK Big Fish (R) sandwiches. I was very impressed and amazed at what I saw. Compared to the McDonald's (R) Filet- O- Fish (R), the Burger King (R) sandwich looked humongous. To me, the circumference of the BK Big Fish (R) easily appeared to be as large as a Burger King (R) Whopper (R). The sandwich contains a sizeable golden- brown, breaded fish filet nestled in a large flavorful bun. Accented by crisp, green lettuce and very tasty Tartar Sauce, this fish sandwich means business. Upon taking my first bite of the sandwich, I thought to myself "This sandwich is awesome". The fish filet possesses a clean taste of the ocean that is mild, yet very authentic and pleasing. I was being as objective as possible, regarding my opinion of the sandwich. After all, I'm still a big fan of McDonald's (R) Filet- O- Fish (R). Something that I noticed immediately was that there was no cheese on the Burger King (R) fish sandwich. Although the sandwich tasted great, I think that the addition of some cheese would put it over- the- top. The BK Big Fish (R) sandwich is so big, that I only ate 3/4 of one sandwich and refrigerated the remainder, to be microwaved later, along with the other sandwich..

Two days ago, I was in downtown Hartford, Connecticut and passed a McDonald's (R) restaurant. I was fairly hungry, so I went in, remembering the Burger King (R) fish sandwiches that I had consumed a few days earlier. I ordered a Filet- O- Fish and ate it at the restaurant. As I sat and ate, I examined the sandwich closely, mentally comparing the two varieties of fish sandwiches. No question, that the BK Big Fish (R) was bigger, but the Filet- O- Fish is no slouch of a sandwich, either. The question was; Which sandwich was more satisfying ? Strictly from a quantity point of view, the BK Big Fish (R) is more filling. From a flavor, or taste perspective, it's close to a draw, or tie. Each of these fish sandwiches possesses its own attributes. The Burger King (R) sandwich, to me, has more of a "seafood", or real fish taste. The McDonald's (R) Filet- O- Fish maintains more of a "fast food" taste, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. With its delicious yellowish- orange cheese and top- rate Tartar Sauce, the Filet- O- Fish (R) is a classic American product that I absolutely love. To be quite honest about it, I'm very glad that I tried the Burger King (R) BK Big Fish (R) sandwich. In the future, I would like to continue eating both types of fish sandwiches. These sandwiches are similarly- priced and are regular menu items. Nutritionally, the McDonald's (R) Filet- O- Fish contains 380 calories, with 18 grams of total fat. The Burger King (R) BK Big Fish (R) contains 640 calories, with 32 grams of total fat.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Q_res posted:

They probably got confused because you were asking for no mayo on a sandwich that doesn't have mayo.

The sauce is just half and half mayo and ketchup with pickles

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
McDonald's is better than Burger King.
That's not controversial right?
In my city Bk has prime Real Estate right in the centre of the main shopping street but every time I walk past it looks dingy and empty. McD is down the rear end end of the street where nobody needs to go but the place always looks busy af

Woden
May 6, 2006
Tastes better and is cheaper than McDonalds.

Mu Zeta posted:

Ocean Catches.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Mu Zeta posted:

The sauce is just half and half mayo and ketchup with pickles

It's Thousand Island Dressing (so yes, ketchup+mayo+relish), which still isn't mayo.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

confession time i like arby's

I really like the market fresh blt they have (which is on some kind of secret menu now, wtf arbys) and the coffee shake thing but everything else is pretty middling.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

TUNAFISHING 87 posted:

Burger King, also known as Hungry Jacks, has far superior burgers to McDonalds.

The Whopper is an excellent burger, the Big Mac is terrible apart from the sauce.

Behold:
https://www.hungryjacks.com.au/menu/beef-burgers/the-aussie

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

why does australia have to change the name of everything

what the gently caress is a maccas

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
BK is the worst of the worst around here. Their burgers taste like they come from a place where they've only ever had a burger described to them, never tasted one.

Their chicken sandwiches are nuclear diarrhea pill for me too. Like, if a doctor said you got rear end worms and gotta get em out, I'd just eat two of their chicken sandwiches and would be dropping liquid dook-nukes within 20 minutes.

TUNAFISHING 87
Dec 20, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

communism bitch posted:

Time for 500 nerds to post about how they looked at a burger once and their rear end spontaneously prolapsed and sprayed liquid poo poo everywhere

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
The Bacon King is a superior fast food burger. I’m also over 600 lbs and can’t walk more than 15 feet without having my heart explode.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Some sad nerd actually made a diagram of that stupid poo poo and you decided it was a good post.

E: jfc just noticed that apparently the image is from the Washington Post ughghhh

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jan 16, 2019

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

OP, I have had whoper.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Does Hungry Jacks count?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
eat FRASCHE!

mods KNEW

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
There’s an entire world between beef and chicken, as a Hindu I pretty much rely on fast food chicken :(

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
In my experience Burger King burgers are soggy and gross. Every time. Definitely my last resort.
Jack in the Box is my preferred jam if I gotta eat trash food. Otherwise I get my burgers from proper restaurants.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I can't say that I do.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
The Whopper is one of the best fast food burgs. Everything else at BK is dogshit. The fries are a loving abomination

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I've eaten all the hamberders.

Burger King isn't one of the good ones.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Rape Stink posted:

The Whopper is one of the best fast food burgs. Everything else at BK is dogshit. The fries are a loving abomination

I'm whop all over your burger.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

JebanyPedal posted:

I can't say that I do.
_____________ /

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

JebanyPedal posted:

I'm whop all over your burger.

Do it bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
someone tell me how to duplicate the charbroiled taste of their burgers