Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrPeanut
Mar 11, 2005

My word!
There is not much in this forum in terms of particular architectures, but I think it’s time we narrow down the Javascript discussion.

If you’ve been under a rock for the past 5 years, well you’re in luck! The times of every grandma having their own framework has changed, and two (arguably more) have emerged to battle to the death, Angular and React. Now I don’t know much about Angular, so I won’t speak to it, but I do know a lot about React. I currently head a team that is in the process of making a lovely Polymer app into a good React app, and on to a great React app.

There’s so much information out there about React. If you’re building a React app for the first time, topics like functional paradigms and flux patterns can overwhelm you. I think this forum is a great place to discuss.

Required reading:

This section assumes you know enough about Javascript to understand the fundamentals. If you don’t, Google some tutorials, and if you need some help, direct yourself to our Javascript questions thread.

The quintessential:
 https://github.com/markerikson/react-redux-links/blob/master/react-architecture.md

This place is chock full of articles that are great reads not only for getting started, but advancing your career in architecture and best-practices.

As I have gone through this article, I have been creating a referential document in a collaborative repo that is there for you to read, write, or even execute (fork) your own repo with this as a template.
https://github.com/kudos-dude/react-best-practices :effortless:

Hopefully we can have a hearty discussion here among us goons. High and low level discussions are welcome. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU