Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
code is hosted at https://github.com/unidef/quantum

basically it uses binary trees to high multi dimensional arrays and moves data in that space to simulate a neural network

my goal is to write it into the geonode framework

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
next step is header files with inline assembly, but for the next couple of years I’ll need to figure how to move data, so I can do stuff like think(“what’s going on?”, &eax);

and neural->y = neural->x; doesn’t work in multiple dimensions, I think

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Dijkstracula posted:

code:
typedef struct neural OPERATIONS;
typedef struct neural SQL;
typedef struct neural TEST;
typedef struct neural DOC;
typedef struct neural ERROR;
typedef struct neural NEURON;
:catstare:

Voting a superposition of a0 * |101> + a1 * |001>

I wrote it that way Incase you have

Operation *error_neural_paradiagm()
doc *error_neural_doc_system()

And you need to change the return types, which could be done in macros.

You can also do error_ neural_system()->type according to this Linux kernel book

edit: what’s a? that’s 0, 8, 2, 6, hey thanks I think.. hey so uh do you have an referrals on good online math books? or something I can buy on amazon? I failed calculus so bad in college and now I’m a burnout lol

unidef freeman fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jan 17, 2019

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Tankakern posted:

but...

if you suck at math, why are you doing this?

i don't think github flourishes with people good at quantum physics, but... what do i know, maybe it'll work when math people see how wrong stuff gets and send you merge requests or something

and, fix your .gitignore

I know, I learned math from visual studio and Visual Basic when I was a kid and it’s the thrill of electricity and the scene for me, I just have social problems so I can’t really thrive in college

I’ve been sending my code to universities and corporations, under the bsd license, but 0 response aside from the sa forums :(

I’ll dig through the git docs, i need to implement a struct with double long integers with arrays for holding data

Maybe if Jesus exists he can write me a scheduler for large portions of dma

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Captain Foo posted:

Please do not randomly send code to organizations like that

if there is an open source project you can contribute to ok, but you're doing the equivalent of mailing scripts to Hollywood writers. Don't do that

I’ve done the latter multiple times, all it did was ruin my life. What’s the worse that can happen? :htp:

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

qhat posted:

here's a protip: get a name for yourself by actually doing something of value rather than sending random code snippets to people who have no idea who you are

Goes the same for you, buddy :colbert:

edit: PEOPLE WILL STEAL YOUR CODE SO BAD IM A loving MORON

unidef freeman fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jan 18, 2019

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

i'm not sure that i am in on the joke

You’re in on it, no ones giving me money and quantum computing is everywhere lol

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

code:
trash:
	mv lib/*~ trash/
	mv bin/*~ trash/
	mv lib/*#* trash/
	mv bin/*#* trash
        mv quantum trash/
owns

Thank you! Be careful with multiple trash dirs and symlinks, I think you can accidentally leak data to other dirs, especially in a source code revisionist system

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

DuckConference posted:

perfect in every way

Thank you!

DuckConference posted:

perfect in every way

Thank you! I need to work in my macro functions, math :(, and integration into FreeBSD. One goal is to make my code into a pluggable scheduler for hotpluggable memory, maybe for clusters

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

gonadic io posted:

hello op have you studied the existing work in this space? nottingham uni has people who program with quantum instruction sets on simulated quantum computers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN0lhYU1f5Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svmPz5oxMlI

i haven’t done any research in quantum physics.. the quantum name is kind of a monkier for paralellization and neural (believe it or not I coined that apparently after an email to the lkms) space. my goal is to develop a network of “neurons” that you can cluster with binary trees that can quickly read data through memory. now that I think about it I could do something with a cpu caching library, thanks

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

gonadic io posted:

Let's start with these #includes:

#include "sys.h"

What do each of these files do and refer to? What is the function of #include?

include sends the file to the compiler, sys.h is a header file for system macros, structures, variables. the code should be in sys.c

sys.h/c is where I’d put platform specific code, like the l1 thing I’m gonna research

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

gonadic io posted:

i see. i would suggest that you drop the quantum name then because it seems misleading and could leave people thinking that you're a crank. asking about parallel neural networks would get you better responses than with the word "quantum" in there.

Well, if you don’t understand how paralellization and neural transparency works in quantum computing, uh, :colbert:

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

fart simpson posted:

i just missed my bus stop because i was reading this thread, op

Atleast the bus didn’t physically attack you

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Captain Foo posted:

hahhaa

lmao oh no

Well, the compiler gets to read the file, I was oversimplifying. What’s wrong with a sys.h/c file?

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
It’s more of a proof of concept of what binary trees can do

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

...bRiGhTaSs? They let you out of the brig? Did you successfully eat the military, you blubbery anime fiend, and hands off my yaoi

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Silver Alicorn posted:

op have you tried writing any game mods?? good way to get noticed by Valve

I’m not into gaming, but I’d release a GUI that’s Vulkan accelerated

Valve is nice.. but I can’t imagine growing older and telling my family I write video games for a living

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Silver Alicorn posted:

would you rather tell them you drove for uber for 69 years before dropping dead

I’d prefer to grandfather quantum computing, much less work but more stress

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Dijkstracula posted:

deeply, cosmically curious as to the meaning of the comment "// prime rib?"

While debugging I figured out I could use prime numbers for timing for the threads, forgot how this actually made sense lol

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Don’t be afraid to throw the handle abhja Kalaani around, it’s a fake name

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Pham Nuwen posted:

even if it's not intentional, this definitely counts as art:

i mean to paint such a vivid portrait of someone who doesn't know anything about quantum computing, b-trees, binary trees, or the Linux kernel but still sets out to make a quantum b-tree (or possibly binary tree) and integrate it into the Linux kernel scheduler... goddamn. look at this bit of code, the only function actually implemented in the library:

it wraps printf, but makes it worse by 1. not allowing you to insert variables into the message and 2. not passing up printf's return value.

it is art. i want to frame it all and hang it on my wall.

*msg is peliminary debug, the doc type is a buffer of messages

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Made some headway, adding 2d binary tree functions (head/tail)

I’m afraid of how much work just throwing a function that allocates a top/bottom at random indices, it reminds me of the hookshoot in wow bfa for rogues

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

psiox posted:

ship it

Give me some time, Xcode ate all my code. Back to emacs, and I’ll put in a push in a week or so, there’s another branch in my GitHub with a few changes

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Captain Foo posted:

why is this desirable in an OS scheduler

A scheduler organizes application side resources, having a character string attached to each node with updates and debugging resources would be desirable to the Linux world

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Captain Foo posted:

are you sure? about any of what you've said here?

Lol you sound like Daffy Duck

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Dijkstracula posted:

op please address the outstanding questions about // prime rib? itt

edit: I guess we got the prime part sorted but not the rib part yet

I think it’s coming back, I was hungry at the time :/

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
While we’re prodding, has anyone noticed how monolithic ide’s have become? They used to be intuitive and now there’s a stack of intuition

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

op you're thinking too small. putting a quantum scheduler in linux would be like strapping a jet engine on a turtle. linux is primitive and newtonian - we need a modern, quantum-first kernel.

implement the quantum kernal op

Well, if you want to know how big I can think I wanted this software to run on spaceships. I’ve said a lot of questionable things, but look at the neural_direction macro, it changes course of the direction the binary trees are pointing. I think it was my cousins iranian friend said there’s potentional for nuclear code in there!

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Dijkstracula posted:

op please address the outstanding questions about // prime rib? itt

edit: I guess we got the prime part sorted but not the rib part yet

it’s uhm coming back, I was thinking of dinner. goon power

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

JawnV6 posted:

that doesnt make any sense?

spaceship software isn't big, grandiose, eloquent stuff. spaceship software is tiny straight-line simple code that multiple people can stare at and reason about until they're sure it does the right thing.

this is... something else

Think a free Unix to be run on quantum mechanics, think of this, there’s a grid of pointers, a function reads the quantum_direction macro and the matrice of pointers moves in that direction. This could be useful for hyperspace

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Tomorrow I’m going to try to write some code in

Todo:
Find out whatever *malloc() returns and create a proper function (or sadly a macro) that allocates a neuron
Figure out this multidimensional binary tree (where and how do I implement multi heads and multi tails? Please god no macros, I’m thinking of a multidimensional array)
Build tools for database management (including random characters generator to fill up databases in ram)

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Captain Foo posted:

what's wrong with /dev/urandom

why would you want to use random data rather than 0s or flag values

beyond all that, you're working far below the level of a database if you're talking about mallocs

The tool is mainly for benchmarking, and this isnt a sql database, it’s something concoceted by me

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Dijkstracula posted:

op why do you care so much about macros

I think it goes back to when i was a kid, and my dad took me to work, and a macro killed my dad

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

qhat posted:

if only sons were like fathers

ah the #define keyword, come to finish the job, eh?

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
didn’t see the stealth edit

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

elite_garbage_man posted:

you should post this update to the linux mailing list thread.

When I finish my small library I’ll give it a go at implementing it inside the Linux kernel, then send a patch

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

gonadic io posted:

don't worry op, in your case (and in fact all cases) malloc won't return anything important

you can do void to void but I settled with a macro

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
new push on https://github.com/unidef/quantum

I kind of gave up, will work on this project on and off

could someone fix my code? is the data structure supposed to go inside the node struct or visca versa?

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich

qhat posted:

Op your binary graph has too many matrixs, it can't fit into the cache lines on your cpu without multifactored prefetching.

Awha? You can make binary graphs out of c code?

Try adjusting the dimension macro to about 5 for modern hardware

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
shopping list
gin (mornings)
whiskey (evenings)
rum (nights-mornings)

just my regime for dissecting the Linux kernel

• Locked thread