Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Whew I can finally let out the stuff I got spoiled on

https://twitter.com/CGInfernoBlast/status/1086814623263850497?s=20]

https://mobile.twitter.com/CGInfernoBlast/status/1087015777205657600

I know now, without a doubt, Kingdom Hearts III...is gonna own!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This is so good. Apparently they stepped up the Disney side of Kingdom Hearts.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

God drat it Nomura

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The young MX and Eraqus scenes continues to be the best part of this game. I don't know why Nomura decided to metaphor the plot into the world's most confusing chess game, but I love him for it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Some game dev dudes would resign from a company after having a passion project retooled and finished by someone else but Nomura harnesses that energy into a decade long revenge plan the whole time from the inside.

Anyone have that interview where Nomura said he was putting all his anger into 3?

Also I was going to make a joke about there being no Final Fantasy characters because SE is a mess only Sakurai could barely deal with, but I like the idea it's actually because Nomura is being super petty.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gologle posted:

I'm kind of interested in MoM being there (that's obviously him, the only other dude who would make that kind of gesture is Xigbar but MoM had his hands behind his back) since it confirms that MoM has returned to the world after the Keyblade War, but also, I don't care that much. It's cool that we might be getting a TWEWY full world in KH4 or whatever spinoff game comes next that explains how Sora isn't dead. I'm guessing Riku is in that world going after Sora to bring him home, because apparently no female OC characters can do anything ever. I'm predicting the next game will be for the Wii U or whatever new console Nintendo will have out by then, because this series loves to spread itself across every console and because it heightens the chance Sora will be in Smash.

Can't wait for Sora to prevent the events of World of Light by popping in randomly and bopping Galeem like Sonic in Brawl.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Augus posted:

A lot of the best designers at Square Enix spent years upon years doing work for a version of Versus XIII that never got released, and now they’re working on a Final Fantasy VII remake that will never get released.

The Final Fantasy VII remake is going to be part of whatever crazy poo poo Nomura has cooking now.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I wish there was some special button combination that let's just do the airstep when the shiny square shows up. Right now I have to go into focus, then lock onto it, and press square. It feels kinda janky.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love that this is how we got Monsters Inc. 2. I love even more the idea that Vanitas had to beat up a bunch of hillbillies to save Randall's rear end.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

There's a tweet with a picture of Sora in that sky sea place where you fight shiny Darkside. So I don't even know what the gently caress.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Xemnas was wrong so he just said he was making it up to save face.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fojar38 posted:

Actually all Kingdom Hearts iterations of worlds are Disney canon

God I hope the Big Hero 6 sequel has two Baymaxes with no explanation.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Every boss fight needed like 200% more HP

I would be so happy with a Boss Refight DLC/update.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fojar38 posted:

So my preliminary Disney World tier list:

A Tier: Toy Box, Monstropolis
B Tier: San Fransokyo, Corona
C Tier: Caribbean, Arendelle

Move Caribbean up to B rank as well, Arendelle deserves to be by itself.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Caidin posted:

It's not a disney moment but I actually really really liked Ansem Seeker of Darkness turning around in full on angry We Don't Want Any mode on Pence when he came around trying to distract him. People probably forgot about it after the Heyner Kick though.

"No, No, NO! Nobody lives here and that doesn't make any sense, gently caress off! Shoo!

That part is great, I thought he sounded genuinely distressed.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rhonne posted:

Sora is the only one other than I guess Lingering Will that figured out how to form change his keyblade, clearly he's the only competent one among them.

Imagine how hosed Sora would have been if Xehanort knew how to Formchange the X-blade.

It seems like not all Keyblades can formchange, the Kingdom Key just reverts Sora back to his 2self.

This is clearly Yen Sid's fault for giving Riku and Mickey lovely Keyblades.

Also I bet Axel's could formchange to his Nobody weapons.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just realized in the epilogue, all the masters converging on a single spot means they are forming an X.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

If they ever add in a super boss, I hope it's Xigbar with a keyblade I bet he wasn't just talking poo poo when you defeat him in the Keyblade Graveyard.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Larryb posted:

To be fair, Kairi getting screwed over is kind of a running theme in this franchise (KH3 was just particularly egregious about it).

That said, I kind of wish there was a way to revisit the Realm of Darkness/Land of Departure again so we could replay the Riku & Aqua segments. Speaking of which, does Riku have his own Shotlock? I don't think I checked either of the two times we actually got to play with him.

He doesn't, he doesn't even have a focus gauge.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's kinda weird that he doesn't, Dark Firaga could have been it, but it's his triangle command when you fill up the thing above the command menu.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What caused Braig, to lose an eye and get the scar?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rhonne posted:

I wonder if the X-blade will ever be relevant again or if the Master of Masters is going to find/create an even more powerful keyblade.

Unfortunately this isn't possible because there is nothing more powerful than a pun named super weapon.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Stallion Cabana posted:

the mask dudes and Xigbar were all students of the First Man in the Black Coat, the Master of Masters. I'm pretty sure that's him in the Yozora trailer.

He gave Xigbar the No Name Keyblade (Xehanort's), and the Black Box (the thing he's carrying and that Maleficent is looking for), then hosed off for reasons unknown.

The others- the Animal Masks- then eventually started the War that lead to the Keyblade Graveyard, while Xigbar did...stuff. And eventually gave Xehanort the No Name- or gave it to someone who he stole it from maybe, given the flashbacks-. The end scene is that he finally got it back after all these years and has his box and his friends back for...whatever reason

According to the reports Kingdom Hearts and the end of the Keyblade War is some sort of signal for them to return.

I think Vanitas hints at this in BBS. During the final battle he says something about the X-blade opening the door to all worlds causing other keyblade bearers to gather and fight for Kingdom Hearts' light.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ImpAtom posted:

I want the opposite. Give everything a number.

Kingdom Hearts 0: Birth By Sleep
Kingdom Hearts 1.7: 358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts 2.1: ReCoded

Where would the phone game go? Would it be a negative number?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

But seriously though 4 is going to be called Kingdom Hearts IV: Ever, right?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nina posted:

KH3 had such few Shimomura tracks because she was busy rearranging Megalomania for KH3 Vol. 2 right

Wait how many Shimomura tracks are there?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Man I'm dumb, of course Rex would playing Verum Rex.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Odd request, does anyone have a Xehanort timeline?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

pog boyfriend posted:

xehanort played chess with eraqus, then got sent into the future into a parallel timeline. in the real timeline he grew into an old man, hung out with eraqus and then turned terra evil. bbs happened, creating terranort, and then xehanort forgot his life story and existed as apprentice xehanort. somehow, nobody raised an eyebrow at this guys name. apparently xehanort is a common name. he did the thing with the guys and turned into ansem and xemnas, and both ansem and xemnas got kidnapped from their story before it finished from a parallel timeline(this is important. xemnas and ansem character arcs did not get retconned. they are from another time line.). ansems heart some how went back in time, turned into the guy in the brown cloak, told his past self to stop playing chess and instead do Bad poo poo, then in the real timeline set up the events for kh1. xemnas did xemnas things, kh2 ends and the heartless and nobody are gone. now, master xehanort comes back and high fives his past self - with two xehanorts, master xehanort helps young xehanort go back in time and bring ansem, xemnas, and terranort into the future. but these are just copies of the real versions. think of it as going back in time and copying ansem and xemnas right before they get their rear end whooped by sora and pasting them into the future. xehanort then recruits people for his real organization, and then they get beaten by sora again because why did they think anything different would happen

Thank you

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fojar38 posted:

I always thought that Xehanort was from the Destiny Isles but I guess Scala ad Caelum was like originally like Hogwarts for Keyblade dudes so they come from everywhere

Also why does it seem like some worlds are more integrated into the "World Order" than others? Traverse Town, Twilight Town, Radiant Garden, Disney Castle, and maybe parts of Destiny Islands all come to mind. They seem to all be filled with people aware of travelers from other worlds and don't see it as a big deal.

It seems like 3 cares more about order than any other game, like I only remember ever coming up in Atlantica in the first game, but in 3 Sora can't stop himself from blabbing to first people he meets in every Disney world so Donald has to shout "Order!" likes it's a catchphrase.

Also speaking of order I'm calling bullshit on Donald in Arendelle saying his magic can't conjure up winter clothes when in the Caribbean it had no problem giving them fancy pirate duds even though they didn't get any last time they were there.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Larryb posted:

Plus, has the whole World Order thing ever been a problem in the series thus far? Seems like a fairly pointless rule to me.

Triton gets pissy about it in the first game, but I think he changes his tune when you save Atlantica from Ursula.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fojar38 posted:

I wholeheartedly recommend doing level 1 Proud if regular Proud is way too easy. Level 1 Proud is surprisingly well balanced and is challenging without being total bullshit.

Does what you choose during the Deep Dive segment matter at all during a level 1 run?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I do wish that entire fight could play out how it originally seemed. Xion seems to use Siax's claymores like how Sora would in 2.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ultima Weapon's shotlock is loving crazy.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yeah this is the important part

The second most important is the Fenrir Keyblade.

Bring that back and let it formchange into the Buster Sword so I can Omnislash heartless.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fire Elemental Simba owns because he changes the music to Savannah Pride.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

sharrrk posted:

imo links should have used up the focus gauge instead and just not give a full heal. there's probably some balance issue here i'm not considering but i really didnt like having to use up a full mp bar to use them even though they were cool

It's real dumb you can't use links if you don't have a full MP bar.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vandar posted:

What coliseum tourneys? :v:

(I'm tired as hell of Olympus at this point but dropping the tournies entirely was a mistake, I feel.)

Bring back the Mirage Arena.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

A rank isn't even worth it, all it gives you is another Ultima G, the gummi piece that cost 400 points to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm pretty sure that one dude you end up lighting up at the end of The Caribbean is dead.