Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

A Sometimes Food posted:

No idea really, all the roles I know are/were present because of my role are accounted for, so possibly some weird roles, maybe passive roles.

Or my reads could be way off and you're both scum.

I'm looking at the singular on role there and wondering if that's a clue though. Masons?

Not quite but fair enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The first person to successfully guess my role, after this game is over I will mail you five dollars. I won't acknowledge you in thread until after of course.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Also Krex don't ruin it but please post more

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Somberbrero posted:

The first person to successfully guess my role, after this game is over I will mail you five dollars. I won't acknowledge you in thread until after of course.

vanilla townie

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hello Toal

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Toal have you considered confessing your sins

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If I hand Toal a win off the back of another amazing scum win it will cement their legacy

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm really emotionally exhausted atm for irl stuff but I am town and that is what I confess to.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Thank you for the good work you do Somber, I mostly stole your list, hope you don't mind.

Binus - Town, unless I'm being mega taken for a ride. I know he's not lying about his role since he empowered me Night 1, and has been pretty open about his thoughts in mountain chat.

Somber - If Toal flips scum, I think Somber is town. Done good casework, has provided consistent reads in the game, etc.

Tired Moritz - Was unsure until yesterday, but given the way they were reacting to ASF, I'm throwing them in the town category for now. I believe the tracker claim.

Hum - I go back and forth on Hum. I know there are things going on irl so I get why they've been playing this game with a light touch. Sort of weak town / neutral atm.

Asf - Could go either way at the moment. I get that they are finding people who case them scummy, but I'd be interested in if they have changed their opinion on why I was pushing back against their logic yesterday. We'll see. Also semi-dependent on how Toal flips.

Xiw - Probably lurking scum. Was super interested in coordinating where everyone went early on instead of mafia-ing.

Toal - I thiiiiiiink will flip scum but if not it will inform a lot of other reads either way.

Krex - Here's my problem with Krex. In the ACAB game they were posting up a storm as town without a filter, and was super excited to be taking part in the game and discussing things. Here, they seem to only pop in at specific moments, but isn't otherwise adding a shitload of reads or posting a lot like they did in previous games. It bothers me, and I wonder how chatty they've been in their night chats with others (Somber, it sounds like you've talked with them the most?) Obviously if Toal flips scum, he's going to warrant a really close look but I'd rather do ASF first in that situation.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yeah the mounting silence from krex is a huge worry to me. the d1 and especially the n1 krex felt very townie to me, but right now it is driving me nuts that they're essentially absent during the pivotal point of the game. they didn't even comment on me claiming for them, which was a dick move.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

Krex - Here's my problem with Krex. In the ACAB game they were posting up a storm as town without a filter, and was super excited to be taking part in the game and discussing things. Here, they seem to only pop in at specific moments, but isn't otherwise adding a shitload of reads or posting a lot like they did in previous games. It bothers me, and I wonder how chatty they've been in their night chats with others (Somber, it sounds like you've talked with them the most?) Obviously if Toal flips scum, he's going to warrant a really close look but I'd rather do ASF first in that situation.

Should read, town.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Someone else do a post before I get bored and gently caress this all up.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah I can't tell if this is endgame or not. I'm assuming no since we had a shitload of 3p players, I don't see how the scum team can also be huge but one never can tell with cpig.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I don’t have time to construct a massive post of reads today - sorry. Would be content voting Rex, xiw or humalong.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I like how independent of the cop drama everyone is thinking 'also xiw is probably scum.'

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Xiw is definitely too big a question mark to be allowed near endgame.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Max posted:

Yeah I can't tell if this is endgame or not. I'm assuming no since we had a shitload of 3p players, I don't see how the scum team can also be huge but one never can tell with cpig.

I would assume not but I'm paranoid there's something we're missing.

I need to examine the failed actions again.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Max posted:

Xiw is definitely too big a question mark to be allowed near endgame.

If we dunk xiw today then we might have a chance of night actions actually doing something tonight I suppose.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I sort of want to resolve the cop question because it’s going to keep haunting us but if we absolutely cannot, xiw or asf, IMO.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Max posted:

I sort of want to resolve the cop question because it’s going to keep haunting us but if we absolutely cannot, xiw or asf, IMO.

I definitely had this thought, but if a jail or track could make it easier then why not?

I guess if asf is a scum backup then we have to deal with a jail and a roleblocker though. If there are only 2 scum left though then theoretically they'd have to choose who did the kill.

Man what if three scum though?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I am still down to dunk Xiw, I'm actually cooling on Toal frankly, KRex' silence and lack of results is sitting less and less well with me.

I'm also open for suggestions on who to jail if people want to lock down what I'm doing tonight.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Max posted:

Thank you for the good work you do Somber, I mostly stole your list, hope you don't mind.

Binus - Town, unless I'm being mega taken for a ride. I know he's not lying about his role since he empowered me Night 1, and has been pretty open about his thoughts in mountain chat.

Somber - If Toal flips scum, I think Somber is town. Done good casework, has provided consistent reads in the game, etc.

Tired Moritz - Was unsure until yesterday, but given the way they were reacting to ASF, I'm throwing them in the town category for now. I believe the tracker claim.

Hum - I go back and forth on Hum. I know there are things going on irl so I get why they've been playing this game with a light touch. Sort of weak town / neutral atm.

Asf - Could go either way at the moment. I get that they are finding people who case them scummy, but I'd be interested in if they have changed their opinion on why I was pushing back against their logic yesterday. We'll see. Also semi-dependent on how Toal flips.

Xiw - Probably lurking scum. Was super interested in coordinating where everyone went early on instead of mafia-ing.

Toal - I thiiiiiiink will flip scum but if not it will inform a lot of other reads either way.

I think I got worked up seeing two people I believe (and in TM's case still strongly do) were scum casing me and saw collusion that may not have been there.

Still not super happy with how you used your double vote though.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

A Sometimes Food posted:

I think I got worked up seeing two people I believe (and in TM's case still strongly do) were scum casing me and saw collusion that may not have been there.

Still not super happy with how you used your double vote though.

Why are you unhappy with my double vote?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Interesting how TM and Rex have produced zero results so far. Though it wouldn’t surprise me if scum have a ninja.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, TM knew I went no where.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
With Toal and krex failing to investigate hum and Toal respectively, I think there has to be a liar between them because I was jailed and I don't think we've otherwise had 2 direct failures in 1 night.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
So, we either have one insane cop and no actual cop or one actual cop. Unless anyone can think of another reason for action failure?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

With Toal and krex failing to investigate hum and Toal respectively, I think there has to be a liar between them because I was jailed and I don't think we've otherwise had 2 direct failures in 1 night.

Well I'm not a liar but also Krex has been failing every night when jailer's actions failed too. We've had 2 failures every night ignoring jailer because DB failed n1 and n2 right? DB's jail went off last night I guess, so there was one extra failure but it seems consistent.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I empowered db last night btw

Max
Nov 30, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

I empowered db last night btw

This is why I think b- is suss on me today on and off. This was done at my suggestion, hoping to see what he would say about it come the next day.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Toalpaz posted:

Well I'm not a liar but also Krex has been failing every night when jailer's actions failed too. We've had 2 failures every night ignoring jailer because DB failed n1 and n2 right? DB's jail went off last night I guess, so there was one extra failure but it seems consistent.

Well krex's first action was to cop Keane, that was what he and I discussed night one, and he does say that failed to interference.

Sorry, you're right, my thoughts are just getting jumbled.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Empowerer + backup to counter just a scum roleblocker and town jailor does seem a little odd from a design perspective. I guess this is role madness so there are bound to be some outliers.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also want to know why ASF had a problem with the double vote.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Four hours or so until deadline.

I think I would rather we kill ASF because I have a result on them. It does help sort the cop situation because it should prove I'm insane.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Toalpaz (3): Somberbrero, Somberbrero, KhediveRex, Somberbrero, Max, A Sometimes Food, Max, A Sometimes Food, Tired Moritz, A Sometimes Food, Somberbrero
A Sometimes Food (2): Toalpaz, b-minus1
Tired Moritz (0): A Sometimes Food, A Sometimes Food
KhediveRex (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Toalpaz
xiw (0): A Sometimes Food, A Sometimes Food

Not Voting (4): Max, Mr. Humalong, Somberbrero, xiw

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 25th, 2019 at 8:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 hours, 26 minutes.

:siren: There is a rumbling in the mountains! :siren:

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
Does the game support two cops and two backups? I really can't see it. There'd be no way for town to ever be deprived of a cop basically.

Two backups are a confirmed component of this game. Two cops is not.

While we talk about two backups, I'd be shocked frankly if both of them were town. It makes much more sense in my mind that first-backup would be scum, because if second-backup is scum you have the potential of a scum player sitting around without a power multiple days and nights in a row. I don't think a role madness game would include "vanilla scum" or anything that can be approximated as such.

So, the two people I'm reading scum are Toalpaz and B. Toalpaz becuase there shouldn't be room for two cops. B because there shouldn't be room for two town backups.

I'll do a more complete list of everyone in the game in a little bit, assuming those are still being requested.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I mean, yes please participate.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Asf is the fake town backup most likely

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

KhediveRex posted:

Does the game support two cops and two backups? I really can't see it. There'd be no way for town to ever be deprived of a cop basically.

Two backups are a confirmed component of this game. Two cops is not.

While we talk about two backups, I'd be shocked frankly if both of them were town. It makes much more sense in my mind that first-backup would be scum, because if second-backup is scum you have the potential of a scum player sitting around without a power multiple days and nights in a row. I don't think a role madness game would include "vanilla scum" or anything that can be approximated as such.

So, the two people I'm reading scum are Toalpaz and B. Toalpaz becuase there shouldn't be room for two cops. B because there shouldn't be room for two town backups.

I'll do a more complete list of everyone in the game in a little bit, assuming those are still being requested.

I disagree with almost everything in this post. For starters:

Scum started the game with a rolecop.
Let's say Toalpaz is a town insane cop.
You claim to be a town cop, but your investigations have failed every night.

I am the first backup, and took over the empowerer role. ASF claims to be the second backup, and took over the jailer role.
Even if there is more than one town cop, IMO Cops have had not had a positive impact on this game. The presence of an insane cop also makes sense from a balancing perspective. It played a factor in losing anon/icephoenix ( I realize they were modkilled, but if toal hadn't insisted they were scum, the modkill likely wouldn't have happened).

Also, we have no idea what the other scum roles are. Based on all flips and taking into consideration all known claims+results, the game does not appear to be as imbalanced as you claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Since Bminus claimed to be empowering people for a long time, right? And ASF only now becomes a jailer