Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Its hell on supercoach.

Don't forget to check the teams on Tuesday!

And Wednesday!

and Thursday.........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
conan's kickin screwies at the scg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8VTSGLCa1M

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
If you guys haven’t watched that Conan without borders show you should. It’s on Netflix and it’s extemely funny.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Have you ever seen conan or gary rohan in the same room?

I think the swans are upto something.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Excuse the facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/nuffies/videos/vb.271974086574051/436000523834376/?type=2&theater

A recording of Rodney Eade losing his poo poo in the Bulldogs coaches box, from 2009...

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

drunkill posted:

Excuse the facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/nuffies/videos/vb.271974086574051/436000523834376/?type=2&theater

A recording of Rodney Eade losing his poo poo in the Bulldogs coaches box, from 2009...

https://twitter.com/andrew_54/status/1120573779422224384?s=19

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Glad to know everyone hates Wil Minson

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
https://twitter.com/JordanTunbridge/status/1120594573942673409?fbclid=IwAR0pGpPO6TwkoeTDPvlKVVhKxLtUbtGnes3ZRrNEmwEkuSq3WuyAYdxz2aA

There goes the AFL again, reading the room and leading the way on social issues. :hurr:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Good to see they act quicker to defend some fuckwit second generation fundie homophobe than to defend Adam Goodes

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

What are we going for margin this week? I’m thinking 75

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

Good to see they act quicker to defend white guys than to defend Adam Goodes

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

This course of action couldn't possibly result in more booing. Definitely not.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Good to see they act quicker to defend some fuckwit second generation fundie homophobe than to defend Adam Goodes

Both Robbo and Whately took a "we are concerned about the booing because its similar to the Adam Goodes booing and could drive Ablett from the game and he's done too much for the game for that to happen" angle on 360 tonight.

What a bunch of loving idiots.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

This is after all the industry that can’t even see fit to drive Wayne loving Carey out

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

drunkill posted:

I couldn’t stop giggling at that one, the assistants telling him to keep it down, the apology, then instantly back swearing at the top of his lungs

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

What are we going for margin this week? I’m thinking 75

I have tipped richmond so I expect melbourne to mount a come from behind win in the last quarter.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

drunkill posted:

That is hilarious. I lost it at

"Rocket Rocket Rocket we can't hear"

"Sorry mate"

"Yeah come on, come o-"

"Minson again! gently caress you!"

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I pop into the thread to post something funny and the first three things I see are Eddie Betts kicking a goal of the year contender against the Suns who are down 60, the best player in the teams history liking posts that say homosexuals are going to hell, and our old coach have a tourettes fit. Things are going very well on the gold coast.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Volkerball posted:

I pop into the thread to post something funny and the first three things I see are Eddie Betts kicking a goal of the year contender against the Suns who are down 60, the best player in the teams history liking posts that say homosexuals are going to hell, and our old coach have a tourettes fit. Things are going very well on the gold coast.

They legit were until quarter time against the Crows. They've been really competitive apart from that.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Hahaha, what the hell Rocket? Surely he couldn't have been like that regularly? He's out of control in that clip.

:lol: at Leon Cameron trying desperately to keep things calm in the room while Rocket just blows a gasket.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

hiddenmovement posted:

They legit were until quarter time against the Crows. They've been really competitive apart from that.

They always look ok for the first few games before the collapse. By the time I start really paying attention because hockey is over they'll be fighting for the wooden spoon.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Do we know what match that was with Rocket? Apparently St Kilda in 2009 - they played them 3 times including the prelim. So I’m guessing it might have been the prelim since that was the closest with the most on the line?

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/RudiEdsall/status/1120838464805593089?s=19

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

Do we know what match that was with Rocket? Apparently St Kilda in 2009 - they played them 3 times including the prelim. So I’m guessing it might have been the prelim since that was the closest with the most on the line?

I think you’re trying to apply logic (which match would make him most upset) to a clearly illogical person

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Didn't Carlton get in trouble when they recruited Judd and had him working on the side at Richard Pratt's paper factory?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

They did not get in trouble. It was noted by everyone that they should have gotten in trouble, but they did not.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ah ok, I thought the AFL told Carlton to cut it out

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

You Am I posted:

Ah ok, I thought the AFL told Carlton to cut it out

Nah they basically said this is the last time this can happen.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

cmndstab posted:

Hahaha, what the hell Rocket? Surely he couldn't have been like that regularly? He's out of control in that clip.

:lol: at Leon Cameron trying desperately to keep things calm in the room while Rocket just blows a gasket.

He was pretty well known for losing the plot in the coaches box regularly during his time at Sydney iirc

There was a lot of talk about Leo Cameron having to coach from the sidelines for most of last year as the GWS assistants had effectively kicked him out of the coaches box due to his carrying on, looks like it was all a part of his apprenticeship

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

They should have just given him a fishermans friend

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
This was supposedly why he chose essendon over carlton despite the lower contract offer, he'd get a slice of paul littles property empire after footy.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/rodneyeade26/status/1120871920621088768?s=19

Lol sure buddy

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Jesus Christ I hate everyone beating up this poor Gary getting booed bullshit. How come when buddy got booed in literally every game Hawthorn played it wasn’t an issue? I don’t remember him being a public homophobe.

Equating this to Goodes as if happy clappers are a persecuted minority is disgraceful and all the AFL, Gerard and Robinson have done is make sure he gets booed by more than Hawthorn supporters for the rest of the season.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
For all the scoffing at the idea of pro-victorian bias by the AFL, remember that they threw the book at Adelaide for organising Kurt Tippett a pie company sponsorship, while Carlton and Essendon are allowed to give away sacks with dollar signs on them to lure players home to Melbourne

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Good, he deserves to be reminded he's a fuckwit. Also he seems to play better when people do that, so I see it as a win win from my pov

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Carlton and Essendon, two clubs famous for their respect for the rules

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
For gently caress sake Hawthorn supporters have booed GAJ ever since he got good in 2008 or something and pies supporters boo him every game. But suddenly we are up in arms about it THIS time but it is totally definitely not because we are upset that an extremely Christian player got heckled after expressing a bigoted view publicly for all to see. No we are only upset because he’s a great of the game! Pull your loving heads out of your arses you intolerable loving poo poo birds. Get afl 360 off the air, it had been poo poo since 2013 when those idiots decided Essendon was innocent.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

One positive effect of Melbourne being so depressingly bad is that I disengage completely from all the associated AFL media, shows, podcasts, etc and just watch the games (except for the ones Melbourne are in)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Remember, the "we booed him before [X], and are just booing him for reasons not connected to [X]" was the very argument used by the racists booing Goodes. I agree, both situations are entirely different, but don't fall into the trap of using their arguments.

And to be extremely and unwarrantedly generous to the AFL, maybe they are trying to get ahead of the booing situation this time and nip it in the bud, as opposed to how they did gently caress all with Goodes and let it develop into the horrendous shitshow it became.

Also, Geelong play West Coast this week with their notoriously boo-happy fans, but the game is in Geelong which is just as known for it's one-eyed feral fans. So it will be interesting to see what happens, especially given the AFL putting a target on his homophobic god botherer back.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Nobody is going to be brave enough to boo him in Geelong. Essendon fans will probably go nuts the week after.

I didn’t say that people weren’t booing him because of x, I said that he was booed before x and nobody complained about it then. It was probably stronger on the weekend than in recent history because of the spotlight he shone on himself but the fact that the AFL, Whately and Robinson chose this time to get upset about it outs them as bigots or unbelievably tone deaf.

Anyway, if you refuse to use an argument because someone you disagree with said something similar in the past about a different situation, won’t you find yourself snookered pretty often?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

racing identity posted:

For all the scoffing at the idea of pro-victorian bias by the AFL, remember that they threw the book at Adelaide for organising Kurt Tippett a pie company sponsorship, while Carlton and Essendon are allowed to give away sacks with dollar signs on them to lure players home to Melbourne

When Demetriou (sp?) was interviewed about it his answers were so mealy mouthed it was loving amazing