Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Violator posted:

So there was four seconds of new footage?

A deleted scene of Superman meeting Alfred where they changed him into the black suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

McCloud posted:

This was in an issue just a little while ago

Thats Batman in rocket powered sled slamming a woman into a speeding truck.

Rubber bumper. Honest

This is very clearly a Speed situation where the truck harmlessly passed over batman and rammed into her, ala Dennis hoppers death in Speed

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Roth posted:

Increasingly growing convinced Whedon made it bad on purpose.

Justice League opens with a shot of a guy holding a sign that says "I tried". Whedon is trash

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Batman keeps a giant penny in his cave. Dude's just a big hoarder

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They haven't let Superman have a proper Fortress of Solitude on film, dude is worse than Batman.

Those are gifts from his fans, it would be rude to not display them

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Who shot the part of the Superman fight where the Flash is speeding then loses his poo poo when Superman turns to look at him in real time?

The music was definitely whedon, why he decided to play the old superman theme I have no idea

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Mr. Apollo posted:

When Whedon fired Junkie XL and hired Elfman, Elfman said that Batman and Superman have had only one theme (Superman 78 and Batman 89) so those are the only themes you’d hear in JL.

Haha being so arrogant that the only theme you acknowledge is the one you made

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, I just went and rewatched the scene, and as great of a moment as it is when Superman turns to Flash (and good lord, it really is), I had totally forgotten the Superman theme kicking in when he starts throwing punches. It's such a loving weird moment to do that. "Yeah, Superman, you go try to knock Flash's head off and destroy that monument! Time to kick the John Williams theme into high gear!" Like, it's not a super triumphant or inspirational moment or anything. Why would you bring the theme in there?

It’s distorted, like it’s a dark version of the theme

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

When was this, the lunch at the end of the movie?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Theatre acting is bigger than film and tv, it loses something when actors have less to work with. This isn’t very controversial. Ian mckellen straight up broke down into tears on a green screen set

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

It is very easy and relatively cheap to astroturf reddit

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The irony of Moore and his fans getting upset over making adaptive stories of other people's characters will always be hilarious to me.

Well a lot of Moore's anger is probably because DC hosed him over hard

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

McCloud posted:

Yeah Grant is one of my favorite comic book characters and I view Moore as a cantankerous grump, but drat if that ain't a great third degree burn right there

Grant had his own sweet burn on Mark Millar, in a rolling stone interview he said that, being as they both lived in Glagow, odds are Grant would run into Mark one day, and he hoped he was going 140 km/h when he did

That's not a burn, that's wishing death upon your former friend and collaborator

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

JonathonSpectre posted:

All I want in the world is a filmed version of (do not look at this if you haven't read All-Star Superman, rather, immediately go read All-Star Superman so you can experience this story for the first time without knowing about it) Superman walking into the pediatric cancer ward with the Kandorian Doctor Corps in his bloodstream and saying, "I won't be able to see you guys Thursday, but that's fine. Because all of you are going home today."

The distilled essence of everything that is great about my hero, Kal-El from Krypton, and a perfect example of him facing a situation he can't punch his way out of and handling it like... well, like the Superman. IMO the single greatest moment from any Superman story ever, I'm kinda tearing up just thinking about it.

Seriously, if you haven't read All-Star Superman, it's worth your time.

Doctor Leo is Lex Luthor come back in time to fix his mistake? Maybe...
They literally shrunk down and punched the cancer away

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

2house2fly posted:

Is there something special about this specific pediatric cancer ward, or are they going to cure cancer on a global scale?

They spend their days going from cancer Ward to cancer Ward, fighting and punching all cancer cells

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

i mean, given it's cancer and not "their blood is falling apart," probably just microsurgery

superman has a weird problem that necessitates a weird solution, the kids' problem is a lot less bizarre and has more mundane potential solutions

they are doctors, keep in mind

Microsurgery is just cutting stuff very precisely, if they're shrinking down to that size they're punching and lasering the cancer cells

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Black people be talkin bout robot dicks

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Total Meatlove posted:

All those police visits LF caused lowtax were probably a net positive when you think about it.

They were also made up. Someone filed a FOIA request and the secret service has no record of it

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Depiction=endorsement

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Sarcasm aside, any film with military equipment was loaned it by the US military who gets final approval on how it is portrayed and essentially is military propaganda

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

McCloud posted:

This scene is so loving good, the military isn't just ineffectual and unable to meaningfully hurt the enemy, their own weapons are bombing their own civilians

Military propaganda indeed.

Did you forget how the military guy is honorable to the end and has a noble death? That's what brings asses into recruiting offices, planes blowing up is just excitement. The military is shown in a favorable light up against a foe with vastly superior technology

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

Yeah it's like an inverse of Independence Day where you are left rooting for those plucky fighter jets to pull through.

How. It literally was a plucky plane that crashes into the alien ship and saves the day. It was the same. Fighter jets were also useless in Independence Day as well until the crash

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

How what, you might wanna make clear what part you are disagreeing with. For me, the inversion is in the "rooting" part. Any sane person should very quickly stop rooting for the fighter jets in MoS, as they only manage to cause further damage.

How is it an inversion of independence day, it is very similar. Military fighter jets attack, ineffective until the action the main character far away does turns off the special technology. Ship finally taken down by an honourable sacrifice crashing into it

I have no doubt in my mind that man of steel brought people into recruitment centers

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Apparently manhunter was used because the studio wouldn't let him use john stewart instead? They had green lantern plans

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Darko posted:

Yeah, that's the whole of Flight and it wasn't used in BvS because it's used when Superman is triumphant. It was obviously supposed to come back here in the first place when he returned and Danny Elfman decided to use the old Superman theme instead in Whedons. It was idiotic.

Well it was kind of used in bvs Luthors theme is literally a mirror version of it

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Equeen posted:

Joss/WB exces really did cut out the only named Asian character, jfc. No wonder Gail Simone (who created Ryan Choi) loved ZSJL!

They cut out almost every nonwhite person lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

Can someone explain what the Anti-Life Equation is to me? Attempts at googling it have left me more confused that before I started.

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding × guilt × shame × failure × judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=darkseid

gently caress, beaten. This is the true pain of anti life

Anyways the life equation is

companionship + understanding + assurance + joy + altruism ÷ respect ÷ commendation ÷ sympathy x innocence x dignity x success x acceptance y=n where y=despair and n=caution, love=truth, death=rebirth, and self=light side