Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Watched the whole thing, really great. It was nice to get confirmation on some things, and how he blew up some things, like the previously read ”unsubtle” Moby dick allusion with the supposed whale shape was actually just a convenient looking hole he thought looked like a shrimp. The fire retardant suits comment made me lol.

Really it was just nice to hear someone talk about a super hero flick on terms other than just how cool it looked, though there's plenty of that. He gets in to why he's shooting shots thematically, brings up metaphors and philosophies, which all you'd be hard-pressed to find on another action blockbuster commentary.

The best part about the story boards was that it was the only time he became the meme people see him as, pointing at the boards while making explosion sounds.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Mar 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

It says a lot about people when they think the villain is who they're supposed to relate with in a movie.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Robot Style posted:

Are people still saying the Watchmen movie sucked because the villain's plan isn't actually a viable long-term solution for world peace?

No they're mad he made them agree with an obnoxious piece of poo poo like rorschach.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Necrothatcher posted:

seeing Ray Fisher say "booyah" is so loving gross

That had to be one take, you can see him swallow his smile, holy poo poo he was not happy.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

It's even sadder when you realize a chunk of the people on "rian's side" sneer at SnyderCut folk.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

Edit: actually he reminds me of Elon Musk more now. Musk thinks he’s charismatic and has a bunch of nerds in on his jock because he’s smart and works in things that people think are cool, like cars and spaceships.

Elon wishes he had that jump shot

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Firstborn posted:

CD trying to dissect "we live in a society" is not something I ever thought I'd see

Some people have no joy in their lives

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

When you’re part of a group who will go to ridiculous lengths defending the Martha thing or the actual jars of piss I’m not sure saying this sarcastically really works as well as you think

Using the word defending says lot about how you see villains, when the piss jar is a middle finger to decorum itself.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

The Martha thing was clunky and fans of the movie won’t disagree. It being some huge burn tho is sad.

I have no issue with the scene, it's probably one of Affleck's best performances on screen, next to his dialogue with chris pine in smoking aces.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I'll never understand the hang up over the Martha scene, especially when Martha is never said on it's own. Everything is laid out. But we don't have forever memes about cap going weak at the knees at the name of Bucky to the extent it's a plot point in endgame.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

ghostwritingduck posted:

I’ve read some tales from people who can’t see a difference between this and the Whedon cut. I get hating Snyder, but I don’t see how a visually literate person says they don’t see a difference.

It's the biggest tell, really. I just assume their used to centerframed action in a linear movie. I really think dream sequences have destroyed people's minds.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

Big "video card box art" energy.

Maybe I'm just burned out on the look of superhero films and 90% of everything I see being CG. I feel like the CG in the MCU films started looking worse with every new film but goddamn does the CG in this trailer look like complete loving dogshit.
It's cgi, and as you said it's middling almost everywhere you look, so why not just focus on what they're trying to achieve. We're obviously not near the singularity or able to have CGI not in the uncanny valley. Like we get it looks like a video game they use the same tools and share the same visual language.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

"Everyone else does bad CGI too, so it's okay that this film looks like dogshit."

I was trying to be nice and say your opinions are just that, since I don't think it looks lovely, especially not relative to any other tent pole releases. Plus the whole thing is going to have a cohesive directorial vision that not even Mcu can claim with their vast pre and post vis departments.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

thrawn527 posted:

I think I'm gonna have to stay off Twitter for the next month or two. People I normally enjoy following are pissing me the gently caress off with their hot takes on the trailer. Like, revealing themselves to be loving assholes and morons about this particular movie. I just don't get it.

I stopped listening to a number of podcasts because bvs broke their brain. Folks were baffled bruce was floating in a dream sequence and the movie never recovered in their eyes

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

It was pretty blatant in it's racism and it put Steve front and center for a lot of the movie, that airplane museum sequence was gratuitous. Don't even have to get into the director handwaving Diana's unnecessary body snatching rape or awful villain that should've ended with wishing for more wishes.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The new thing is every TV manufacturer calling it something different and burying it under like 2-3 different options so you can't tell why your TV looks all hosed up.

Yes I'm the rear end in a top hat who stops family functions to change this. Damned if I'm watching the croods not the way the creators intended

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Of loving course Snyder wants to make a movie praising monarchs.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1363208022101647360?s=09

Art.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

2house2fly posted:

I have zero interest in zombie movies but I guess the heist thing sounds interesting

If you haven't, check out David wellingtons monster island novels , this sounds like it's almost a direct ripoff, save the telenetic human zombie lord, but they might be hiding that. Really good books, his vampire ones are even better, hope someone gets around to them.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

Glad Army of the Dead is finally coming out. I've been hyped for it ever since details of Snyder's script came out in 2011.

visionary
Weird, in the book, a doctor just does some logical medical stuff to become a hybrid.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Terror Sweat posted:

Black people be talkin bout robot dicks

And how

https://publicseminar.org/essays/when-the-penis-is-property/

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Looks like JJ Abrams is producing the next Henry Cavill Superman with Ta-nehisi Coates writing.

🥲

All I can say is folks wanting a traditional Pa Kent might get disappointed again when it's written by the guy who also did this

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/07/tanehisi-coates-between-the-world-and-me/397619/

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Welp, even worse than I thought
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1365361080046936074?s=19

The calls for "not my Superman" are gonna turn into whistles.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

From Google:

Urban areas are very developed, meaning there is a density of human structures such as houses, commercial buildings, roads, bridges, and railways

You've obviously never been to Vegas or you 'd know this doesn't even hold true.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

If you're not watching the live interview right now you're really missing out. Snyder's taking questions from fans, and even took one from Harry Lennox about his philosophy on Martian manhunter. It's on Twitter and I'm assuming youtube for ign.

Lmao he just spoiled the movie ends on a massive cliffhanger and even the commentator was like oh no.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 27, 2021

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

It's still crazy to me that endgame is them admitting thanos was right, when you have loving Hawkeye pretty much enjoying the low capacity theme parks.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

forest spirit posted:

Man people loving hate Zack Snyder and the Snyder Cut haha drat. I was just poking through a Reddit thread and I never saw "Snyder bro" sincerely until then, and a bunch of comments were to the effect of "people are going to be disappointed when there is no difference" or "it's not going to be as good as the original"

Anyone who has anything nice to say about the JLTC is immediately disqualified from talking about what constitutes "good cinema." On a fundamental level that poo poo is an abomination of spliced footage, trite dialogue and active minimizing of women and people of color.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

It's also a super hero movie with a meta history of brutality so don't expect old folks to pop it on just to pass the time. I know some of the zacktivated are hoping it's big, but it's borderline delusional to think this will do ww84 numbers. ww84 is a female led film so it had families watching.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

We're just days removed from people being mad he's not changing his vision and putting a nice bow on it.

And folks say Snyder fans are irrational.

Vintersorg posted:

"zacktivated" :lol:

Who said it's gonna be WW84 or do huge? People just want to see it.

I couldn't give a rats arse if it's popular or not. I literally don't ever give a gently caress about what movies I watch being popular or well liked.
I was cheekily referring to the Twitter folks tied too close to the brand wars. I thought all we were getting was an assembly cut so this is gravy.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 9, 2021

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

yeah I am you're just dense. the post-credits scene in iron man 1 that establishes there are going to be tie-in movies and tv series and other superheroes besides iron man, the Enabling Act that began the thousand-year reich of the Cinematic Universe, was like 45 seconds long, but that's the comparison I'm making here. the justice league already was supposed to tie a lot of brands together with batman, the flash, cyborg, what-have-you. but the marketing guys thought, this isn't enough. we needed more brands. how many brands could we fit into an extra hour, and then how will we sell it? the snyder cut is the answer

so I'm asking, why would Zach Snyder, as an independent director making his own creative choices, care about the suicide squad version of Joker? why would he care about giving more screentime to darkseid, a villain with no character arc within his film and small relevance to its plot? I can sense the pedantry coming over the horizon – I know Darkseid is supposed to be steppenwolf's boss. but as a character he doesn't matter to Justice League. his inclusion in the special edition is just marketing, like when a completely new wrestler appears at the end of a WWE match and faces off with the winner, and says I'LL SEE YOU NEXT TIME ON PAY-PER-VIEW SEPTEMBER 29TH. it's cheesy crap written by committee

You wrote a lot to say you don't know the history of the Snyder cut or Zack's current relationship (lack of)with WB, let alone the process of filmmaking. You've written an embarrassing fan fic.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

It's not your fault Eugene

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Snyder's Superman actually scalped the real Clark kent to cover his hairline.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Meh, it'll just be another example of them not reading the movie. I'm more excited by all the bad takes getting reheated for Army.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Those storyboards were from an earlier trilogy proposal and he and Terrio rewrote most of the script before shooting so it doesn't necessarily even fit anymore

Apparently him and Jim Lee have some new storyboards they're not allowed to share, probably studio mandate.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Necrothatcher posted:

Just want to randomly say how nice it is to have a place to post where people actually talk about Snyder's movies as they are rather how people imagine them to be.

It's exhausting trying to talk about Man of Steel or BvS anywhere else and seeing the same two or three smug comments over and over again.
I read this post in slow motion lol

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

What is everyone's most probable nuclear take?

"Cyborg something something obamaphones" feels ridiculous, but i think super brain Armond White might go beyond it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Addendum to piss talk: the only reason the senator takes note of the jar is she can smell it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Necrothatcher posted:

I was steeling myself for having to convince my girlfriend to sit through a Zack Snyder movie about battle owls, but she was all "owls? I'm in", so that was nice.

I was telling my wife about why we "had" to rewatch everything and about the breadtubers calling Snyder a fascist, and she responded, "the owl movie guy? Yeah right." Owl movie is fantastic.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 17, 2021

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Martman posted:

IMO Superman wrecking the dude holding Lois hostage at the beginning is pretty crucial if nothing else. It sets up the basis for his tension over whether his human connections make it impossible for him to be Superman correctly
Superman doesn't have to wreck anyone for it to be an incident, that's why they never show him explicitly wrecking a dude and ask you to believe Clark when he says he didn't kill anyone.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Mar 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Couldn't help but think about the constant complaints centered around clark and lois's post destruction make out sesh, but was blind sided last night by aquaman and mera making out mid climactic battle. What's the difference? I guess Mamoa did build a massive smile count to offset that.