Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Made all the worse that loving Glinner is quoted on the BBC website giving a "tribute".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

learnincurve posted:

Out of interest I’m being told there are some hideously expensive D&D books, premade adventure things one of which is a murder mystery, if you know what I mean which should I get for my kid’s new group (birthday coming up)

They are very expensive but nicely produced; not sure which one would be a murder-mystery though. A bit of googling will find you some nice PDF "previews" so you can take a look before you drop your cash. From personal experience Out of the Abyss is a ball ache survival horror with too much to keep track of in terms of NPCs and supplies, and no incentive to engage with the second part of the adventure. Tales from the Yawning Portal is great if you want to throw some (difficult) dungeons into your own setting, and I just started reading Storm King's Thunder and it seems cool and good so far.

Edit: Oh and Storm King's Thunder could well be what you're talking about; the Storm King is missing and his wife was murdered. Don't let the players read the intro to the book!

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

mediadave posted:

I think the newly released 'Dragonheist' is the most small scale adventure, all taking place in a single city and only about a quest for gold. it looks very good.

Waterdeep: Dragon Heist does look great; I am hoping this selfish baby will curb her greed enough that I can buy it this month.

Added bonus that the books look really really lovely next to each other on the shelf.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Is there anything that can be done with "out of date" medical supplies? Our office is throwing away dozens and dozens of sterile dressings, wipes, pads etc. Obviously I'm taking them all for my Brexit stash, but in normal circumstances? Do you just chuck them away?

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

ThomasPaine posted:

Afaik the use by dates on medicines, like food, tends to be a very conservative estimate. I still have an inhaler I should have binned in 2016 and it still seems to work. Pretty sure stuff like dressings will keep for years longer than the official expiry date. That said there are some drugs that degrade and become real dangerous after a certainly time so definitely look any actual medicines up before you use them.

Yeah this is all hygienically sealed bandages and poo poo, it's such a waste. This is out of a single first aid kit, there are ten in total to be checked:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Chap at work got a Jordan Petersen book on his desk because he "likes how he puts the feminists in their place". He's already getting the wall for being in the Masons, so at least now he'll have something to read while he stands in the queue.

Edit: Christ, and another one has something by Mick Hume. Isn't he also a piece of poo poo?

Sanford fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Feb 4, 2019

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

kingturnip posted:

If the UK doesn't bother with border checks the day after Brexit, presumably that would mean plenty of illegal immigrants finding it suddenly remarkably easy to get into the UK

Bear in mind the ‘border checks happen in France’ arrangement would almost certainly cease as well. The Calais “jungle” would immediately decamp to the UK.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

My local Chinese has started doing a £12 salt and chilli sharing box, which is a medium pizza box filled with battered squid, chicken wings, ribs, battered chicken pieces, doner meat and chips all coated in chilli and garlic salt, along with two big pots of whatever sauce (one satay and one black pepper please). It’s so full they tape it closed with parcel tape and my wife, my giant friend and I only just finished one between the three of us. It’s amazing. You do feel like you’ve gone three rounds with the salt vampire afterwards though.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Turning Point distances itself from right-wing group with same name.

"Whether the political group was aware of the name clash or not is unknown. It did not respond to Civil Society News’ request for comment."

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Hobo posted:

pay it off fully in each pay period

This bit is reeeeeally important

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Coohoolin posted:

Ah right. Heh.

Anyway, with a credit card are your repayments always plus interest or is that only it you're repaying late?

Interest will be charged on a fixed specified date and if you pay off the balance before then you get charged no interest.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

learnincurve posted:

My credit rating is shite because I’ve never had anything on credit. I discovered this many years ago when I tried to order something from next online and for some reason the site wouldn’t let me pay upfront and forced me into trying to open a credit account.

If that happens and then their website crashes and then what you were buying turns up anyway and you discover they went ahead opened the credit account without permission you can write to them explaining their breach of the Consumer Credit Act and you end up with a free coat and shoes and an apology.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Rahzmataz posted:

I wandered off for 6 days and there are 2000 posts to read. Can someone summarise the last 50 pages for me? I assume it's mostly "Jam = good, May = bad", but if there's any particularly fun poo poo I've missed i'd be curious.

And yes, I am too lazy to do it myself.

Corbyn is still Hitler and Nazi pug man is a hero of the Jewish people.

Rachel Riley and JK Rowling are starting a new centrist party.

Ian Huntels is not transgender.

That's it I think.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Dead Goon posted:

We had a peoples vote, they voted to leave.

That's the wrong people you're thinking of there.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Much as I hate to subscribe to NIMBYism I have to say after reading her "seeing a severed head in a bin didn't faze me because he was an enemy of Islam" her coming back to Britain doesn't pass the "would you want her living next door to you" test because I definitely loving wouldn't. On the other hand, can you imagine having a stupid decision you made at fifteen dictate the course of your life? Who wasn't a loving moron at fifteen?

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

forkboy84 posted:

I would be fine living next door to her. Not like I ever say anything to my neighbours anyway.

Actually I just thought of how my actual neighbours, racist Dave & Pauline, would react and now I want her to move into my house

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

yes because there is a nice clear split between people who call them cobs and people who are wrong

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Could someone post a list of the seven names with the stupidest most right-wing thing they've done next to it so I've got an easy reference list when I'm making fun of my dad later tia

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Is there a word for wanting to rub your dad's face in it for how wrong he is about Chuka Umunna but then you don't because it's your dad and it's not his fault he caught brain worms off the bbc

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Love to watch a dude digging through the dog poo poo bin for his lost weed tin that’s in my pocket

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

How hosed up do you need to be to think you might have accidentally put something in the dog poo poo bin, he did not even have a dog

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

What were you doing in the dog poo poo bin to find it in the first place?

It was on the kids park! I’d have given it him back if it had been literally anywhere else.

He’s better off without it I’m sure, look at the state of this loving resin:

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

A guy in our business is leaving and just came to say thanks for the help and support I have given him over the past couple of years, and for all the conversations we've had about things other than work. His parting comment was "see you on the barricades, comrade". I got one!

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

learnincurve posted:

Having glinner set 40 Uber terfs on you is a wild ride, or would have been if I had been a normal person and not one of the original griefing arseholes on eve online. (Still not sorry if I blew up your stuff in jita)

Can we get some edited highlights?

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Raising my orange juice in a rubbish toast to you, Loafer. Looking forward to your crazy posting over the next few days.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Renaissance Robot posted:

Best you can do is offset things where you can, eg in your case by bringing up a functional well rounded human with happy memories and a burning desire to crush capitalism.

Doing my bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

mmm the heady scent of communism