Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
On the subject of speed bumps I am trying to get them on my road. People use the road I live on to bypass the next one over because there's a light. The speed limits are the same on both roads, I'm just sick of having to wait for 3-5 cars bypassing Alpha St. every time I want out of my driveway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

ilkhan posted:

Almost like the proper vehicle for that load would be a truck.

Never send a truck or a wagon to do a sedan's job.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

meatpimp posted:

Lawls. (Had to put the stock wheels on the rear for the trip, the Probe swirlies would have rubbed too much)

Are we playing that game, then?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

~runs into thread frantically~
*huff huff wheeeeeeeze*

SORRY I'M LATE GUYS.

Please tell me there's video.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

STR posted:

An hour or so if inside.

I'm well aware steak should be room temp before you cook it.

After*

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Ferremit posted:

I think the US Verse only got the 1.6L and automatic- my missus has a 07 Tiida (Versa) and that’s got the 1.8L twin cam and the 6 speed manual and that’s a hoot to flog around in. It’s got enough power to get out it’s own way and the six speed is really nice to row.

It’s certainly a lot faster than the late 2018 Forester I’m driving from work atm!

This, I hate nothing about my 07 Versa with the mr18de and a 6spd. It's a little gutless but not horrifically so.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Adiabatic posted:

How's everyone? Anybody keeping up with their resolutions?

I might end up being an uncle in August so hooray for that.

No resolutions, goals are good but waiting is procrastination.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Goddamnit, Dave. :smith:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Tremek, you and your's are wonderful, giving people, and I wish there was something I could say or do to help heal this wound.

:smith:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Holy poo poo. :eyepop:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
This isn't really a "before" picture, but I've decided today's the day I'm gonna finally get on top of the mess that is my office. I've been half-rear end trying for a couple months of picking and poking and this is about as clean as it has been in years.

Gone are the 4 cases of beer bottles, stacks of pizza boxes, and about a bag of trash.

As you can tell, I have a long way to go. I picked up a used filing cabinet today and my goal is have it in the left corner and my desk cleared off by the end of the day.

Guess how long it has been since that trash can got used.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
The pine bookcase is sitting about 2' off the wall because there's a big pile of crap behind it that I've literally meant to deal with for years... The room's larger than the picture makes it look, just not by much, and the piles of crap aren't helping.

Progress!

Next steps are to finish cleaning the area of the rug I can get to atm, then move a filing cabinet into the far left corner, and then start filing the piles of paper on and under my desk.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Pham Nuwen posted:

If you'd clear the poo poo off the top of your trash can, you could more easily throw trash into it rather than onto the floor :shrug:

That trashcan's lack of use has more to do with the fact garbage bag tags are $2.50 here and I hate double-bagging trash almost as much as I hate cleaning a trash can that doesn't have a bag in it.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Darchangel posted:

What in the gently caress is a garbage bag tag? You have to pay to throw poo poo away?

Yep, we don't have a landfill and instead pay to have our garbage trucked across the border to Michigan. It's $2/bag at the drop-off station on the other side of town.

Recycling is free, I try to recycle as much as possible, but there's "guidelines" as to what they'll take, so a lot of things you'd consider recyclable are not, while things you wouldn't expect, are. For example, they'll take empty cement bags, but won't take plastic grocery bags.

This room smells so different now and I ain't even really halfway there with the cleaning, sure, physically half of the room is clean, but I started on the half not dominated by my desk and bookcase.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 19, 2019

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Ugh going through all these papers is taking forever.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

So far the most interesting thing I think I've found on my desk is 1 whole nutmeg under a pile of tax papers from before I moved into this house.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Tomarse posted:

You still don't appear to have made the bin usable. I was always told that step one for lazy bastards to keep a room/house tidy was to have plenty of bins so that poo poo could go straight into them rather than hanging around.

The trash can won't be rendered functional until I am done above and below the desk and move onto the corner of the room it is in. The office chair is hiding a half-full garbage bag and the brown paper bag is full of paper recycling.

This isn't about keeping this room tidy, haven't gotten to that point yet, this is about tidying it up first.

E: This is probably gonna be a multi-day project, it was a lot worse on top of my desk than I initially thought. I mean, you stare at the same mess every day for two years and you think to yourself "I could clean that up in an hour, tops," and yet here I am several hours later.

EE: Bin's probably gonna go beside the filing cabinet, but the filing cabinet's current placement is not set in stone because it sorta conflicts with the vent.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 19, 2019

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

STR posted:

Yuuuup. And now I'm worried the other side will do the same.

Impressed that a $100 electric impact can do that to a grade 8 bolt, tho.

Don't you live in the land of no-rust? How the gently caress did this happen?

If you were in Ontario, yeah, I could understand, but then again that nut and the stud would both be an amorphous chunk of reddish-brown slag.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Darchangel posted:

I love how that sentence doesn't draw any negative comments here, or even a raised eyebrow.
edit: sincere, not sarcastic.

I think we've all given up trying to figure out Adiabatic. A page back he posted about being a bachelor.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Everyone should own a Land Cruiser.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

meatpimp posted:

It's a trap.

For anyone who doesn't understand this joke, it's okay, because it's literally wordplay on a song from the mid 70s that you probably last heard the one time you watched Zoolander.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Thursday of last week I received and then had to sort and store about 400 tires while doing most of my regular duties at work. This bled into Friday just because of the sheer number of tires and the fact I had to be creative with where I was storing them due to not having nearly enough space in the tire bunk or parts warehouse to fit them and because the GM of the store kept re-assigning the people who were supposed to help me I largely did it all by myself.

Now, we have this thing called a "pick" which is where I get a list of items that need to get picked from the warehouse to go out onto the shelves in Automotive. I don't do anything other than put the items on carts for other staff to put on the shelves. Because of the tires I had no time to do a pick on Thursday or Friday (the days I normally do it) and thusly didn't.

I was off on Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tues. Yesterday, I spent the day playing catch-up because the people who cover in my area on my days off also have to work the Parts desk and aren't expected (by me or anyone) to do all of the work I normally do in a day. Being off for four days wasn't my choice, it just happened to work out that way because Monday was a holiday and Tuesday was a scheduled day off for me.

This meant by today a pick had not been done by me in seven days. Once the list gets long-enough it overflows and apparently that happened on Saturday.

GM of the store, who is not my boss, got on the radio (we each carry one) this morning and called me out for not having done a pick during the last five days. I was so taken-aback I just meekly replied I'd get to it and then my actual boss got on the radio and informed him that we'd already discussed me doing a pick today (which was true, I drive her into work and we'd talked about it on the way in). My boss is mad because the GM essentially undermined her by calling me out on the radio, I'm mad because he felt it appropriate to call me out essentially in front of every one of my coworkers.

There's an annual job fair near here and it's got about an hour left in it, I'm printing resumes and heading over to it as soon as I've finished eating.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 22, 2019

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
How about Rent-A-Cop? :v:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Wow not cool

Going to my safe place brb

Don't feel bad, I work a minimum wage job in retail and literally get bitched out by management for not doing my job on my days off. Not like I'm better than you!

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
That's chat thread for you.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Speaking of racist call-outs why hasn't anyone called out Jig-a-loo yet? It's literally one letter different from an old racist phrase for black people.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
http://www.jigaloo.ca/

I guess it's not common outside of Canada.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
My job got posted on Indeed yesterday.

My boss' job too.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Powershift posted:

Apply for his job! :haw:

I should, there's also two more postings for Automotive positions that are currently filled. All posted yesterday. Monday's gonna be fun, I might end up fired for the first time ever.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Rhyno posted:

Where in the US do you live? Vague it up if you need to.

I live in a place called Ontario and work at a place called Canadian Tire.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

You Am I posted:

You want something to boil your blood? How about George Pell, the third highest member of the Catholic Church who has been convicted of child sexual assault, his lawyer trying to make the incidents sound "not that bad" as they were only vanilla acts of child sexual assault:

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1100737329428393986

Yes, he raped children, but...

:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I still can't believe they're not screenshots from a Duke 3D mod.