Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Tip posted:

I really liked Family Guy when it first came on. I was sad when they cancelled it, and then really excited when they were bringing it back. But, then when it actually came back, it was terrible. I gave it a few episodes, and then never looked back.

Then when American Dad came out people kept saying, "Yeah, Family Guy sucks, but American Dad is amazing!" So I tried it, and hated it. Then people were like, "It started out bad, but it gets so good!" So I tried some newer episodes, hated it.

Then I started learning about Seth MacFarlane, the actual person, and I learned to hate the man behind the shows.

Now people keep trying to convince me that I should watch the Orville, and that it's good even if you hate all his other work.

Not falling for that again.

I've never gone back to the original three seasons of Family Guy, so I'm still not sure if those were actually good, or just good to 14-year-old me.

Nobody gives a poo poo lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Stewie pivoted from matricidal to homosexual because Americans were less comfortable with the idea of same sex desire than they were with the idea of killing their mothers.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

Tip posted:

Then when American Dad came out people kept saying, "Yeah, Family Guy sucks, but American Dad is amazing!" So I tried it, and hated it. Then people were like, "It started out bad, but it gets so good!" So I tried some newer episodes, hated it.
same but replace american dad with every animated tv show after the classic era of the simpsons. early venture bros was ok i guess.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
The last 20 years of Family Guy has been consistently funnier than the last 20 years of Simpsons.

Yeah I said Family Guy is funnier than the Simpsons.

Big whoop.

Want to fight about it?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Stewie pivoted from matricidal to homosexual because Americans were less comfortable with the idea of same sex desire than they were with the idea of killing their mothers.

ahh ok

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Family Guy < American Dad < The Cleveland Show

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The Management posted:

The original seasons of family guy were unwatchable garbage.

Nah just season one.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SniperWoreConverse posted:

How is a baby homosexual or indeed sexual at all

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Congrats to stewie on being old enough to drink.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Did they ever do a cartoon where like the characters actually age like real people would?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Mooey Cow posted:

Did they ever do a cartoon where like the characters actually age like real people would?

Technically you could say Adventure Time fits this criteria. When it comes to cartoons I'm just satisfied if the characters occasionally change outfits.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

More shock laffs.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

How is a baby homosexual or indeed sexual at all

The things he says and does

I remember having this convo irl like ten years ago with a guy I worked with. Stewie was always like "get this but what if the BABY did x"

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Mooey Cow posted:

King of the Hill did this for the first several seasons.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
so like can the family understand the baby or what's the deal with that

BubbleBobble
Jan 5, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Nobody gives a poo poo lmao

way harsh bro

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

snack eater posted:

so like can the family understand the baby or what's the deal with that

Yes. It’s addressed a couple of times. “... and Stewie, who I can understand.”

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

pixaal posted:

Please ask him what he thought of the episode "Trump Guy" Where they basically just list current events that seem like they belong in a cartoon making fun of current events but aren't exaggerated. They also real talk at the end that the writing staff does not approve of Trump.

If that episode sounds funny to anyone, it's not, it's a horrible. I was bored, it was on Hulu and thought maybe it would get a laugh. It didn't. Maybe it made this guy angry, that would be funny.

No but they had one of those giant drawn out fight scenes with every action movie cliche ever and if was funny the first time it's funny the next 15 times dammit.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
there are some truly next level tier episodes of American Dad including the Rapture episode with the Anti-Christ ("Condemn, them, Mother, for they know EXACTLY what they do!!") and the Hot Tub episode with Ceelo. Lots of not so great ones but drat do they knock it out of the park sometimes.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The Walrus posted:

there are some truly next level tier episodes of American Dad including the Rapture episode with the Anti-Christ ("Condemn, them, Mother, for they know EXACTLY what they do!!") and the Hot Tub episode with Ceelo. Lots of not so great ones but drat do they knock it out of the park sometimes.

American dad got good after they stopped constantly referencing 9/11 and made it about Roger's crazy antics. Patrick Stewart episodes are great, and Krampus ones are strangely entertaining.

TalkingBasically
Aug 19, 2018
The character of Stewie gets HPV

Now I told you

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

TalkingBasically posted:

The character of Stewie gets HPV

Now I told you

Thank you

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

The Walrus posted:

I would have cited those as not-particularly-great episodes. I like the Roger-centric and Steve-centric episodes. Steve is loving hilarious. I can’t believe how perfectly they’ve nailed that character.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Roller Derby Steve best Steve. Live your truth lil' buddy. Plus, Haley getting shut down by real leftists.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Basically every Family Guy episode where Brian and Stewie are paired up and go on some sort of adventure is good and worth watching.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the last episode of american dad i saw roger ate a ortolan while watching a streisand pay per view or something. it was pretty funny. i just chuckled typing this post.

mexican willie
Mar 17, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi8MI7jjpSY

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
The first few seasons were good then the quality really dropped off and they started recycling jokes like crazy. I can't understand people that think the earlier seasons are the bad ones. That's like saying you like the later seasons of the Simpsons over the earlier ones or something. It's crazy!

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018
everyone says american dad is really good but it seems really bad to me, what is a good joke on american dad?

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

ulex minor posted:

everyone says american dad is really good but it seems really bad to me, what is a good joke on american dad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuxUIKmSeTA

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFV1uT-ihDo

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Family guy famery guy fam simoswns

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

This helped me remember that entire thing for a history exam years ago.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Shut up, Meg.

:colbert:

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
This is the funniest joke in 20 years of Family Guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLYSqZAiO78

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Oh god I think I just miscarried :gonk:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

ulex minor posted:

Everything Steve does, or Roger does, and especially everything Steve and Roger do together.

Steve getting hired to sex chicks in Chinatown, and thinking “culling” involves baby chickens dancing in top hats with canes.
Steve: “DID SOMEONE JUST DROP A HOUSE ON ME?”
Steve: “I know it’s his, because there’s hot dog pieces in it! Oh, God, it’s between the mattress and the box spring! It’s smushed into the outlets! It’s where the batteries are supposed to be inside my smoke detector!”
The episode where Steve pursues his passion for backup dancing, always in the background, bragging about how he adds to the scene without pulling focus.

Roger is about to get hit by a bus. Time freezes as his life flashes before his eyes. It’s just clip after clip of him being a loving rear end in a top hat to everyone. “I did it perfectly.”
The episode where Roger feels like Steve doesn’t appreciate him enough, so he runs off to find another little boy to play with, but that boy turns out to be an abusive rear end in a top hat. Roger keeps forgiving the kid and going back, just like the women in the LIfetime movies Steve and Roger watch together.
The episode where Roger joins the police force in order to feel empowered, and immediately becomes corrupt. “Roger’s a dirty cop? He’s been on the force for three hours!”
The episode where one of Roger’s alter-egos splits off from him, and becomes a goody two-shoes.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Clerks cartoon was better.

The commentary on it was pretty bitter that family guy was successful and they weren’t. That’s what they get for putting it on loving ABC

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Or as Mr. President Abraham Lincoln would say, family guy aired score years ago.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

family guy followed the simpsons path in that they had some good stuff early on and then ran any good will into the ground by running for 10+ seasons past expiration date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Everyone in family guy is okay with Brian the dog having sex with human women.