Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Spring Break My Heart posted:

There was a point where every Pats idiot and even a lot of media guys were pushing Tedy Bruschi for the Hall of Fame, and I think thankfully everyone wised up after like 2 years of that poo poo. So I think it will repeat itself and we'll all have a good laugh about this

is there ever a chance for jules tho? like will he have to get like 5000 more yards over his career at least to be considered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

the nfc just scored 3 points in the superbowl if youve ever even considered that maybe the nfc wasnt the worst conference you should immediately give up ever having thoughts cause it aint for you

*with all the smarm of cris collinsworth being wrong about football* i dont watch espn
AFC are bumbling idiots who can’t stop the Patriots from getting to the Super Bowl

Fake rear end bitches

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Adam Vinatieri getting into the Hall of Fame will be insanely bad but seems inevitable.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

oh also that was brady's worst perfomance by QB rating, 30 points lower than usual, almost 75 points lower than last year

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Adam Vinatieri getting into the Hall of Fame will be insanely bad but seems inevitable.

how is that bad? do kickers just not get to go?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Zyla posted:

is there ever a chance for jules tho? like will he have to get like 5000 more yards over his career at least to be considered?

Realistically he should not, however the argument for him is simply: Winning touchdown catch in superbowl 49, incredible career defining catch in superbowl 51, MVP of superbowl 53

Whole lotta guys have worse cases then that.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

people try to gaslight us and pretend he isnt the goat with made up names like troy polomalu and ronnie lott. at least disgusting nfc fans have the decency to not pretend brian dawkins was any good at football compared to ed reed

There was a point where every Pats idiot and even a lot of media guys were pushing Tedy Bruschi for the Hall of Fame, and I think thankfully everyone wised up after like 2 years of that poo poo. So I think it will repeat itself and we'll all have a good laugh about this

tedy bruschi was pretty good at football and had qualities beyond The White Reciever Who Wasnt Wes Welker

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
the worst goddamn timeline

https://twitter.com/BobGlauber/status/1092260208158609408

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

also im happy for jason mccourty :unsmith:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

sponges posted:

AFC are bumbling idiots who can’t stop the Patriots from getting to the Super Bowl

Fake rear end bitches

has any afc team ever only scored 3 points against the pats in the playoffs? narrow it to just the brady pats obv since no one was a pats fan before the 1st superbowl no matter how hard they lie

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ghost Dog posted:

has any afc team ever only scored 3 points against the pats in the playoffs? narrow it to just the brady pats obv since no one was a pats fan before the 1st superbowl no matter how hard they lie

The offensive juggernaut 2004 Indianapolis Colts :v:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Ghost Dog posted:

i was three! sort of a fan!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
What if Bill had stayed with the Jets?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

No one in the AFC matters outside of the Pats.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Silly Burrito posted:

What if Bill had stayed with the Jets?

What if the Browns never moved and Belichick was never fired.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

sponges posted:

No one in the AFC matters outside of the Pats.

theres multiple teams who have won multiple superbowls in the afc over the same span(plus one year). the only one in the nfc is the giants right? pretty sad showing for the nfc who can barely win any superbowls

Kalli posted:

The offensive juggernaut 2004 Indianapolis Colts :v:

and the 2005 jags lol

http://pfref.com/tiny/ObCWG

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Zyla posted:

ed reed only intercepts 20 balls and gets in the hall? thats crap imo

even if that was true he should still get in imo

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Zyla posted:

how is that bad? do kickers just not get to go?
The barrier for special teamers should be crazy high, and he's far from the best kicker. The Patriots replaced him with someone better as soon as he left

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I love Bruschi but he doesn't belong in the HoF. Put him in whatever the Pats have as their Ring of Honor.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

theres multiple teams who have won multiple superbowls in the afc over the same span(plus one year). the only one in the nfc is the giants right? pretty sad showing for the nfc who can barely win any superbowls

The NFC just won a SB a year ago. The goat lost to a backup QB

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

The barrier for special teamers should be crazy high, and he's far from the best kicker. The Patriots replaced him with someone better as soon as he left

but why

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

I love Bruschi but he doesn't belong in the HoF. Put him in whatever the Pats have as their Ring of Honor.

patriots have their own hall of fame building for the patriots hof

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Kalli posted:

Realistically he should not, however the argument for him is simply: Winning touchdown catch in superbowl 49, incredible career defining catch in superbowl 51, MVP of superbowl 53

Whole lotta guys have worse cases then that.

The Hall of Making a Few Catches in the Super Bowl.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

If Julio Jones gets in, Edelman gets in.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

King Hong Kong posted:

The Hall of Making a Few Catches in the Super Bowl.

It's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Adequate Competency

For the above reason, Frank Gore doesn't deserve the Hall

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1092259445675978754

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

sponges posted:

The NFC just won a SB a year ago. The goat lost to a backup QB

dang u got one wow. with that the nfc has barely pulled ahead of the non patriots afc in superbowls since 2000. 7 to 6.

and then 6 more from the patriots and somehow having the best team in your conference makes the conference worse in a galaxy brain rear end nfc fan smh

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

SKULL.GIF posted:

realpost he doesnt. at all

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/nolanews/status/1092287571097464833?s=21

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Frank Gore would have won a Super Bowl if Harbaugh and Roman hadn't gone full McVay.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Ghost Dog posted:

dang u got one wow. with that the nfc has barely pulled ahead of the non patriots afc in superbowls since 2000. 7 to 6.

and then 6 more from the patriots and somehow having the best team in your conference makes the conference worse in a galaxy brain rear end nfc fan smh

one think ill definitely agree on is that the nfc is the "no fuckin chance" league

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Okay, now that was a pretty forgettable game.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Realistically from the Patriots, the following guys should be HoF'ers that aren't yet:

Brady, Gronk, Richard Seymour, Revis.

The following should be in the Patriots Hall of Fame from this era (like a half dozen of these guys are already, but hey)

Brady, Gronk, Moss, Seymour, Wilfork, Matt Light, Bruschi, McGinest, Ty Law, Troy Brown, Wes Welker, Julian Edelman, James White, Kevin Faulk, Logan Mankins, Devin McCourty, Matthew Slater, Mike Vrabel, Rodney Harrison, Vinatieri, Gostkowski, Hightower.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Feb 4, 2019

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Why isn't there a new stupid Cloverfield movie for me to watch instead of dealing with this bullshit?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kalli posted:

Realistically from the Patriots, the following guys should be HoF'ers that aren't yet:

The following should be in the Patriots Hall of Fame from this era (like a half dozen of these guys are already, but hey)

Brady, Gronk, Moss, Seymour, Matt Light, Bruschi, McGinest, Ty Law, Troy Brown, Wes Welker, Julian Edelman, James White, Kevin Faulk, Logan Mankins, Devin McCourty, Matthew Slater, Mike Vrabel, Rodney Harrison, Vinatieri, Gostkowski, Hightower.

is wilfork in the hof already and i missed it? also all of this list is wrong and like none of those dudes deserve it

e: oh patriots hof lol

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Pops Mgee posted:

Why isn't there a new stupid Cloverfield movie for me to watch instead of dealing with this bullshit?

Hannah on Amazon Prime is this years Cloverfield Paradoz. Hopefully it’s not poo poo.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ghost Dog posted:

is wilfork in the hof already and i missed it? also all of this list is wrong and like none of those dudes deserve it

He hasn’t been retired for 5 years yet.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Kalli posted:

Brady, Gronk, Moss, Seymour, Matt Light, Bruschi, McGinest, Ty Law, Troy Brown, Wes Welker, Julian Edelman, James White, Kevin Faulk, Logan Mankins, Devin McCourty, Matthew Slater, Mike Vrabel, Rodney Harrison, Vinatieri, Gostkowski, Hightower.

this is deon branch erasure!!!

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

I look forward to next season when the AFC stumbles all over themselves in the playoffs leading to another Patriots SB.

Dissolve the AFC and let the Pats in by default.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The NFC is also way more entertaining to watch, has way better team colors and uniforms, and has a lot more rotation for which teams and quarterbacks end up good every year.

Like three quarters of the AFC uses white as a primary team color and it's so*loving*boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ghost Dog posted:

e: oh patriots hof lol

Yeah, the second list is the Pats HoF, and like duh, they should put a million guys into that from this era, because come on.

But the only guys with a pure HoF argument are the four I listed.

If I was going to squeeze a 5th in, it'd be Wilfork though. Dude is a great narrative choice, but Nose tackles don't got the stats.