Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Pumped for the fight tomorrow. I have no loving clue what’s going to happen. I think this is something close to a 50/50 fight. I’ve long felt Bivol was the best at 175 and would beat Beterbiev. Styles make fights and all that so Canelo is a more difficult match up. I see so many people acting like this is already a done deal for Canelo though which makes me doubt myself but also drives me more towards Bivol as I think people are overlooking him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Jump King posted:

Pumped for the fight tomorrow. I have no loving clue what’s going to happen. I think this is something close to a 50/50 fight. I’ve long felt Bivol was the best at 175 and would beat Beterbiev. Styles make fights and all that so Canelo is a more difficult match up. I see so many people acting like this is already a done deal for Canelo though which makes me doubt myself but also drives me more towards Bivol as I think people are overlooking him.

I would (as usual) be inclined to agree with you but I just don't think Bivol has the aggression to do anything more than box Canelo to what would normally be a draw or maybe a very close win but that's not enough to get him a win against boxing's biggest star on "his" night in Las Vegas.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I bet on a draw fwiw

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I think Fury is debatably bigger than Canelo.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

He’s like a foot taller and a hundred pounds heavier, no debate

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I was within spitting distance of canelo last weekend, and he’s shorter than I thought

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Mr. F! posted:

I was within spitting distance of canelo last weekend, and he’s shorter than I thought

Bivol W lock it in

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Mr. F! posted:

Pushing on canelo's head while he swings angrily just out of arms reach

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

just tuned in and this giyasov/Gomez bout looks entertaining, or has it only been fun this last few rounds lol

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Mariachi final countdown rules.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Bivol has it for Canelo. This looks like it’s gonna be good.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
I have Bivol up 5-1 after 6 rounds. He’s blocking 99% of Canelo’s punches, dont think Canelo’s landed punches since round 4.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
This is also some of the worst commentary I’ve ever heard. They haven’t mentioned Bivol blocking punches once and seem to think it could be anyones fight so far lol.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Cigar Aficionado posted:

This is also some of the worst commentary I’ve ever heard. They haven’t mentioned Bivol blocking punches once and seem to think it could be anyones fight so far lol.

It really is over the top. They’ve basically only acknowledged that Bivol is in this fight in the last round when he started to pull away.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

yeah, Bivol has this so far, not scoring closely but it's probably 6-1 or 5-2 IMO

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Canelo’s gonna lose this.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

blue footed boobie posted:

Canelo’s gonna lose this.

given the commentary im prepped for a robbery

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Commentators changed their tune after like round 9 when Bivol kept just beating Canelo's rear end.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
I scored it 11-1 Bivol. You could argue that Canelo didn’t win a single round.

Now, let’s see how crooked the judges are.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Canelo got dominated. Felt like he was gassed after 3

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

ChaosReaper posted:

Commentators changed their tune after like round 9 when Bivol kept just beating Canelo's rear end.

They literally changed their tune when they interviewed Bivol’s corner mid fight and Bivol’s trainer was like “Bivol is blocking every single one of his punches” lol.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
7-5 x 3 is more boxing fuckery but at least they didn’t rob Bivol.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
That was Bivol's fight and it wasn't even close

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Lol 115-113. At least they gave it to the right fighter

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Well those scores were to close but at least they didn't rob Bivol like they did Golovkin.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Lol at this guy interviewing Bivol. "so congratulations let's talk about how great Canelo is"

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Bivol has done the impossible

He has made me interested Canelo-GGG III

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Canelo is saying he’s going to execute the rematch clause with Bivol, but I really can’t see that happening. Bivol just won basically every round outboxing Canelo while also being the bigger, stronger guy in the ring. Rematch is the same fight with wider judges scorecards at the end.

Canelo is still the man at 168, he just bit off more than he could chew here. He’s a small supermiddle and a tiny lightheavy, not a surprise that he finally came up against physics. People are saying the GGG fight is dead but that fight makes much more sense to me now than if Canelo had won the Bivol fight tonight.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1523168508426997760?t=sOjZaHcqWk4qfjIyASYdrg&s=19

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Backdoor Delivery posted:

That was Bivol's fight and it wasn't even close

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Ridiculous.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

How in the world do you score the first four rounds to Canelo?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Easy

"we want to keep selling canelo tickets so he's going to win the decision... hang on, this isn't close, we're going to look stupid if we give him this better start scoring what we're seeing... rematch will make us money anyway"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
i love boxing lmao those judges

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i didn't stay up to watch last night. is the fight worth tracking down?

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

KidDynamite posted:

i didn't stay up to watch last night. is the fight worth tracking down?

Yeah, I thought it was super interesting all the way through

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Yeah it’s quite clear that the powers that be in boxing won’t allow Canelo to lose a wide decision, or lose at all if they can help it. Mayweather, Lara, GGG fights, and now Bivol prove that. You have to box a shutout to get a 7-5 card in your favour. Truly disgraceful stuff!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Floyd posted a slip of a 10k bet on Bivol to win (which like me placing a £1 bet) on his Insta and Broner commented on it saying me too bro easy money but didn't show receipts, which is quite embarrassing

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Eagerly awaiting this week's pound for pound updates where Dmitry Bivol is the new number ine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad