Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction
This game is remarkably good so far, I'm really glad I checked it out after seeing this thread. The character designs, locations, and music are all great, and I've also been pleasantly surprised at the quality of the writing and even the jokes. It also gets meta at times (e.g. the kids playing the AR video game, or Hismena's first character quest).

One thing I'm kind of struggling with is the number of characters with different star ratings and attributes. The variety is dazzling, but also overwhelming. I get that more stars = (usually) better than, but right now I have only one 5* (Butterfly Warrior Suzette!) and a bunch of 4*, some of whom can become 5* eventually I think? How do you all decide who to level up?

On side quests, I typically roll with 3-4 favorite characters in front, and fill the back rank with people to level up. Then for boss fights, I load up the team with my six strongest people and switch them in and out as needed. But I'm concerned about having the right elemental types, or damage types, or support, as I get deeper into the game. I'm already feeling a bit short of healing with Riica stuck at 3* and no other obvious healer types.

Separately, I'm also wondering about alternate styles. If you already have a character, can you still unlock their alternate style? How does that work, does it transform them, give you a choice, or what? I have 4* Akane and see her AS is 5*, is it possible to get there eventually with some grinding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
Very helpful, thank you both! I'm also less concerned about leveling after a few passes through the sealed realm. Are there any comparable locations for farming cash? I have enough materials for better equipment but can't afford to deck everyone out.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Fezz posted:

Hold off on claiming the 1000 stones, it's bugged and not showing up in your wallet.
I got mine today, and promptly drew a 5* Hozuki! Plus some other random people. I'll never object to getting 5* characters for free, but this is the second one whose design I didn't really like, after 5* Lovely. Just based on looks, I think what I really want is a Bertrand. Edit: I decided to do one more single pull, and got a 5* AS Nagi, whoa. I don't have much experience with F2P mobile games for comparison, but this one feels really generous to me so far.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

hey girl you up posted:

Yes, but you should just assume you never will. You need 5 copies of her Treatise. You can get them one of 3 ways:

1. From the Nopaew trade shop. They only stock 2 of each treatise, so the other three have to come the hard way.

2. If you make it to the end of the white door Another Dungeon, an NPC will give you one treatise of your choice. The NPC apparently also has a very low chance to spawn on failed runs.

3. It can show up as an end-dungeon light/shadow reward on some Another Dungeons. 1/900 chance or so (per treatise, per reward slot).

I'm pretty sure the treatises can spawn in any dungeon that costs two green keys to enter, and most dungeons that cost a red key. Collect-a-thon red key dungeons like Dragon Palace and Miglance Labyrinth won't reward treatises.

You can't really grind them out, since they're time-gated by the keys. If you play the game religiously, though, I assume they'll come.
Thanks for the detailed info! A bit disappointing but there are enough cool characters that I can focus on others for a while. I thought about picking AS Akane with my star piece, but went with Dunarith instead, to buff up some other characters I use a lot. I'm sure something good will come around eventually, I expect to be playing pretty religiously. The game's been really enjoyable so far.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
Yay, got a 5* Tiramisu on my second pull of the banner! This game's RNG has been REALLY forgiving to me, I like it. But I'm still going to start banking stones for future character designs that I really like, instead of doing 1-2 pulls per day just for the heck of it.

Anybody have suggestions for dealing with Suzette's final weapon manifest? I can't figure out how to survive the rounds of buffed attacks without losing most or all of my team. I tried using Erina to remove the buffs from one with Reset but got wiped out by the others. Yuna's -25% power thing wasn't enough either. From reading around I see that Gariyu can help a lot with Burning Shield, but I'm not too excited about using the resources to level him up.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Fezz posted:

I have not successfully completed a second manifest fight so I can't be any help there. Haven't gotten anything much, 5* Felmina and 4.5 Tsubame. So not complete poo poo.
Not great to hear, I've got Azami and Mighty's second manifest fights coming up too. I guess I'd thought (hoped) Suzette's manifest was unusually tough, since she seems like an above average character,, but if they're all that difficult, welp. I would love to draw Felmina some day, but I'm done playing the dream lottery for a bit.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Lobsterpillar posted:

So I just started this game not too long ago, and have got a couple of 5* characters (Lokido, Miyu, Shanie, and Mariel). Those four plus some 4* characters that can unlock to 5* eventually make up my current team.

When spending my Chrono stones is there any particular one I should spend them on? Should I go for Tiramisu, for example?

Also, I've got a ton of 3* characters many who just look like palette swaps. Is there any point in leveling then up?
The 3* palette swapped characters are just filler. I guess you could use them in the very early game if you needed a specific weapon damage type or buff / debuff? But I never bothered with them.

Having Mariel for healing is a hugely helpful upgrade on Riica or even Morgana, she makes everything easier. Miyu gives you access to some extra content (Little Princess's Big Adventure) which is nice. I don't have Lokido or Shanie, but every 5* is useful for something! If you haven't yet, do the Persona crossover story ASAP to get Joker and Morgana, they're free 5* characters and overall I found their episode to be really well written and fun.

So far, I have the impression that there are generally multiple characters who can fulfill any particular need in the main story line, so if you have at least one person for the different weapon damage types (blunt / piercing / slashing), and a variety of elemental coverage, plus some healing, you can adjust your tactics as needed. You might want a more specialized team for certain optional bosses, but I haven't hit that point yet except for manifest weapons.

I focus new character pulls on designs that I just think look cool, or characters that would be helpful for whatever extra content I'm playing (for instance Nagi gives a large bonus for collecting pearls in the Dragon Palace). Doing one draw per day helps kind of keep up my interest in the game and naturally builds up a collection of characters with enough diversity to handle different situations. Where I started to think more about team composition was for upgrade decisions, because the necessary items are so rare. For instance I already had some strong wind characters and I was light on slashing damage, so upgrading Azami was an easy decision for my team.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Lobsterpillar posted:

I got the new Myrus (Cybele) in the draw today, it looks like she has some amazing skills in the 5* skill tree.
Dang, Earth Spiral looks extremely strong. I like that it buffs the whole party while doing good damage.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

gloom posted:

Yay, got a 5* Tiramisu on my second pull of the banner! This game's RNG has been REALLY forgiving to me, I like it. But I'm still going to start banking stones for future character designs that I really like, instead of doing 1-2 pulls per day just for the heck of it.

Anybody have suggestions for dealing with Suzette's final weapon manifest? I can't figure out how to survive the rounds of buffed attacks without losing most or all of my team. I tried using Erina to remove the buffs from one with Reset but got wiped out by the others. Yuna's -25% power thing wasn't enough either. From reading around I see that Gariyu can help a lot with Burning Shield, but I'm not too excited about using the resources to level him up.
Suzette's manifest weapon update: I'm getting closer, I can usually take down the annoying team-buffing left Suzette clone before my team gets wiped now, and get the other two clones to about 50-60%. I use Yuna for her -25% debuff, Mariel for healing / type resistance, and Lovely for wind resistance and some damage, with Amy dealing most of the damage and Suzette and Dunarith in the back ranks.

A couple of times I've gotten down to 2-3 of my characters against the two remaining (unbuffed) Suzettes, their attacks doing 300-500 damage on average, and out of nowhere a demonic thrust will hit for 1500 or so damage plus the poison damage at the end of the round and my team is done. It's super frustrating. Is this partly because of the luck stat? I'm not sure exactly what spirit / luck / endurance all do. I'll keep trying until I either get Mana or enough materials to take Gariyu to 5* I guess. I think I just need more physical damage mitigation.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

gloom posted:

Suzette's manifest weapon update: I'm getting closer, I can usually take down the annoying team-buffing left Suzette clone before my team gets wiped now, and get the other two clones to about 50-60%. I use Yuna for her -25% debuff, Mariel for healing / type resistance, and Lovely for wind resistance and some damage, with Amy dealing most of the damage and Suzette and Dunarith in the back ranks.

A couple of times I've gotten down to 2-3 of my characters against the two remaining (unbuffed) Suzettes, their attacks doing 300-500 damage on average, and out of nowhere a demonic thrust will hit for 1500 or so damage plus the poison damage at the end of the round and my team is done. It's super frustrating. Is this partly because of the luck stat? I'm not sure exactly what spirit / luck / endurance all do. I'll keep trying until I either get Mana or enough materials to take Gariyu to 5* I guess. I think I just need more physical damage mitigation.
One more update: I finally cleared it pretty easily with Tiramisu, Amy, Yuna, and Mariel, with Suzette and Dunarith in back! I didn’t think to use Tiramisu at first, because Suzette’s manifest weapon encounter resists earth. But it turns out Summoner’s Prayer absolutely shreds, by ignoring all resistances and dealing damage based on her SPR. Tiramisu was coming in for about 71k damage on all three targets each round. I still lost Suzette and Dunarith but it was easy to keep her upright with Yuna debuffing and Mariel healing each round.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I've been playing this VERY slowly, just recently got to the first future city after the prologue, but I love the design and gameplay so far. I recently got up to 1000 chronos though and I have no idea which of these banners to go for. I only have a Miyu and a handful of 4 stars from the first 10-pull they let you do- should I just pull on the newest banner or should I be aiming for staples first?
If you don't have a strong healer yet, it might be worth choosing the current "Healing Light" banner. Otherwise I don't think it matters too much, read about the featured characters for each one here https://anothereden.miraheze.org/wiki/Characters and pick whichever banner has someone that appeals to you.

The chances of drawing any specific character are super low, and pretty much every character has some useful skills that you can plan your lineup around. Having more characters in reserve gives you more flexibility.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

GeekTheMage posted:

The new First Knight and the Holy Sword episode is amazing Chrono Trigger is old news, we Chrono Cross now
Just finished it on the weekend and couldn't agree more. Great use of alternate timelines for storytelling. It felt more vivid and richer than any of the previous episodes so far, I'm excited to see if this continues. I also liked that the special item collecting is optional, just for rewards, rather than necessary to advance the narrative. And the burning beast king's castle music might be my favorite in the game so far.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Edly posted:

This game is awesome, no stamina system or time limited events address my two biggest mobile game complaints. I just finished chapter 25, I laughed when it turned out the title, which I originally thought was jrpg word soup, was actually a straightforward description of a major plot point.

What gear should I be looking at when I hit max level? Am I going to have to climb the ladder of stuff that's been released over time or can I just skip to current endgame gear?
Some of the current best gear depends on materials that can only be found in areas that open up in much later chapters, like when you get to Garulea Continent. I generally bought the top stuff that was available as I progressed through the main story, but I didn't bother farming upgrades for it in the Another Dungeon or anything. It's been working out OK for me so far. Outside of niche cases (e.g. the Dream Ring that increases speed) there doesn't seem to be any reason to grind upgrades for older gear. It might be necessary to upgrade current endgame gear in order to be effective against current endgame bosses, but I'm not really dedicated enough to worry about it.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Qylvaran posted:

I just picked this game up over the weekend and it's pretty fun. Picked Ciel as my starter 4*, and managed to pull another one on all 3 of my 10-pulls so far (one at 4*, the others at 3*). The second of those also got me Tiramisu, and for the level range I've used her at so far (around 20-35) she's felt like cheating. I'm sure 5000 points to everything no-questions-asked will eventually become less impressive, but for now she eclipses everyone else on my team all the time.
Tiramisu stays impressive! I've got her up to level 80 with a few SPR buffing grasta and she's doing about 90,000 damage with the summon. It one-shots almost all mobs and is useful against many bosses, but sometimes swapping her out for a different complementary unit to make an all elemental team (other than earth I mean) can result in slightly better overall damage or survivability in tough encounters. I imagine she's extra good on an all earth team, but I haven't done it much for lack of other strong earth characters.

I also feel like using her for the main storyline makes it a bit too easy, but she's been invaluable for the more grindy side quests.

Fezz posted:

Welcome!

Feel free to ask questions and we'll do our best to answer them. Don't worry about missing events, they don't go away. But as a new player you should go for the Persona collaboration as soon as you can.
Seconding this, Joker and Morgana are great, and their story quest is pretty fun. I wish I had done it earlier. There's also a second Persona collaboration coming soon, here's hoping it's as well written as the first one.

What are people's favorite episodes so far? I thought First Knight and the Holy Sword was outstanding, the highest point of the game for me so far, although there haven't been any real letdowns. The Time Mine resource gathering mechanic is a chore that I will probably never finish. I haven't started the Lost Tome one yet, saving it for free time over the holidays.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Lobsterpillar posted:

There is also free characters available via episodes. Jade and Diedre are both very strong although it takes a while before you get them to 5*. For a piercing team, Jade in particular would be useful to you as he is a fire/lance user and he gets a skill that buffs lance users damage.
The good news though is that Deidre's two episodes are extremely fun!

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Qylvaran posted:

Checking in! I'm a little past the first ending, and things are opening up. I've cleared the auction house story (still Rank to grind), IDA school through part 2 (and got owned by the final fight for Jade 5*, to the point where I'm pretty sure that one's going to have to wait), and Two Knights, so I'm clear to start the next main plot chapter. I'm also about midway through the cat spaceship.

Roster (Gacha only):
5*: AS Foran, Dewey (Manifest at about level 5), Laclair (same), Renri
4.5*: Tiramisu, Ciel, Hardy, Mariel, Miyu, Lokido, Shannon, Tsubame, Yipha
Misc: Bivette 4*, Ruina 4*, Nikeh 3*

P5: Joker, Morgana, Violet
Encounter: Gariyu 3*, Azami 4*
...and the side story characters you'd expect from the stories I've beaten.

My best team right now is basically the same as before with Laclair replacing Ciel. I could also make something of Fire or Blunt, but most of those teams are stuck at 4* and upgrading is very grindy in this game. Current priorities for upgrade are Tiramisu, Hardy, and Mariel. Plus of course Jade if I can get together a Minimum Viable Party for that boss fight.

I went ahead and bought the choose-your-own 5* pull. Any recommendations? AS Yuna or the Earth zone setter both look tempting.
Foran, Dewey, and Laclair are all water type, so I would choose AS Yuna for water zone and really lean into that. Tiramisu is very useful on her own even without earth zone. I'm sure she'd benefit from it, but I don't really like Lokido or Ciel as key parts of that team. Another possibility, how about AS Veina for wind zone and healing? She's my only zone character so far and she's been great, but I also have several strong wind characters.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Hand Row posted:

Yeah that’s why I came back to AE because I realized I stopped playing games when getting to the end of story content. Well why am I playing those games anyway because the stories are generally mediocre and I have to deal with much more aggressive dailies and limited time content.

Edit oh god 100 Year Ark part 2 is coming. I hope they update fishing to not be horrendous.
What makes fishing so awful? I didn't start until around like ch. 60 of the main story and I don't mind it at all so far, but I'm only level 18, maybe it gets more grindy later? I like that it's something to do when I'm passing through an area or if I just want to pick up the game for a couple of minutes at a time. I break it out when I'm waiting for a Zoom meeting to start. A little more variety might be welcome I guess, like if there were more lakes, or maybe a day / night cycle of different species or something.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
Oof, it sounds like the tedium really ramps up. Would be really nice to have some additional lakes and species to catch.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Fezz posted:

I wouldn't say Foran is a 4.5 since her upgrade is to an AS which takes more work/luck than if you have Mighty at 4 stars.
Yeah getting five treatises is no joke even with buying two at the fancy shop.

I’ve had two for Akane and AS Yuna for ages and I doubt I’ll get a third one anytime soon. Never mind any of the upcoming cool new AS characters.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Lobsterpillar posted:

I have AS Bertrand and he's really, really good. He had an ability that, 3x per battle, can give your whole team a shield that reduces damage by 90%. Plus he can hit really hard and can do both blunt and piercing damage.

But you'll need to save up 5 treatise for that which will take a long time...
I used the paid star piece in Feb on Bertrand AS and have no regrets, that shield is awesome.

CHiRAL posted:

I think so? I'm keeping him max level just in case. This game needs more himbos for me to pull :/
The actual reason that I chose Bertrand AS instead of like Thillelille or Myunfa.

gloom fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 16, 2021

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
Envious of the Hozuki AS havers in here. I decided to buy stones for the Silken Wisp banner and ended up with... 5* Isuka.

She's perfectly fine, it's just that I already have a very legitimate wind team, and fire is my weakest element by far.

The bigger insult is getting a 3* and 4* Pom in the same set (I already had several, unused Poms).

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Oh Snapple! posted:

Star dream picks are always so frustrating. Tiramisu ended up being an easy sell to me on the last one and she justified it quickly, but now it comes down to either strengthening one of my zone options (earth, slash, magic) or opening a new one.
I'd probably go for a new zone character, they're still pretty rare and they boost not just your current but also future teams. I see it like insurance to increase the value of older characters that are still in the pool, you'll have the infrastructure to build good teams when you draw them (or if you have a bunch on your bench). For instance, I got 5* Isuka in my last 10-pack and she'd be a lot less useful if I didn't have AS Veina setting wind zone.

The other thing is that if you strengthen a zone you already have, you can easily end up with more useful characters than you can accommodate on that team. I have only wind and water zones and more than enough 5* characters for each of them now. In my case, I think the marginal utility of replacing an OK wind or water character with a more powerful one would be way less than rolling out a whole new zone team.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
My 10x Whisper was AS Veina, who I already had *shrug*

I began the Mythos quests last week, I'm up to ch. 4 I think, just got to Merlot, and the story has been pretty enjoyable. The new environments and lore are solid. I don't have Melina, Rosetta, or Thillelille, just Prai (LOL) but it's fun to see them featured like this. I hope the developers eventually do this with other disused characters, it would be hilarious if like, Pom or Yazuki got their own story arc. Putting some of the 4* characters into more story content could be a nice way to keep them interesting and meaningful even if they're badly outclassed in combat.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Stickman posted:

If you're new, don't forget to log in every day and do the free "Whisper of Time Encounter" in the "limited" section of the Gallery of Dreams. You'll most likely just get a bunch of 3* trash, but there's a ~50% chance of getting at least one 5* or 4.5* that can upgrade to 5* over the ten days that it'll run.

If you think you might come back to it, logging in each day and watching the 3.5 minutes of ads for the 70 chrono stones (gacha currency) average from the daily login + login ad + chrono stone menu ad + chest ads is a decent use of pooping time too.
Not only new players, I've been playing for a while and completely forgot about this! Did it now and pulled AS Elga :cool:

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
Have newer final manifests in general gotten tougher? With zones and AF I was able to finish Yuna, Deirdre, Mighty, Suzette and Suzette AS, and a few others pretty easily, but now I’m getting absolutely owned on Veina’s second battle. Even with fire zone I barely make a dent. I don’t think it’s a stopper, seems like she just has a ton of HP and it’s hard to do enough damage while debuffing her sufficiently to stay alive. Although fire is my weakest elemental lineup right now.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Fezz posted:

Who's the best pick for no brain players like me? AS Tiramisu?
I haven’t kept up with the latest character releases from the past few months, but AS Tiramisu owns for quality of life and earth zone. She’s massively good and was one of my most used characters when I was playing every day. Others with more recent experience can comment if she’s fallen victim to power creep yet.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Stickman posted:

Doing the second half of the Persona 5 symphony (Promises, Vows, and Rings) is also good - Violet absolutely kicks rear end in a slash team!

E: and First Knight, which gets you Diedre's manifest weapon and makes her much more powerful.
First Knight also offers the bonus of having a rad story and some of the best music in the game :)

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Lobsterpillar posted:

Doesn't hardy AS also have flash stance? How does he compares to Melissa?

Also, I've got Yukino and Heena sitting on the bench from some lucky pulls a long time ago. Are they worth building up and leveling?
Yukino is nice, she’s kind of high floor, low ceiling water damage and support. Her snowgirl form is decent by itself but doesn’t seem to contribute much in AF. I might be using her sub-optimally, I’m not good with combos and stacking modifiers.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Marluxia posted:

Also for anyone unaware, the Japanese version has just started part 3 of the main story, so there's that to look forward to.
Ooh, this might get me back into it, I've been tapped out since early last spring since I cleared the main story arc. I'm a pretty casual player, and the standalone dungeons and expanded battle mechanics have gotten to be a bit much for me at this point. I wish classic characters would occasionally get more new character-specific quests and stories even if there aren't any meaningful rewards.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Hi posted:

I got a white key yesterday when spending my green keys... and I only found like 2 cat stamps before it ended, looking at the board of rewards , was I incredibly unlucky with the amount of stamps I got, or are keys way more common than my initial anecdotal evidence suggests or is this like a play for ten years long term goal kind of thing?
The "length" of the white key dungeon varies. Each time you exit a room, there's some probability you advance to the next room in the sequence, or else get dumped straight to the end. As you progress through each room, the chest rewards improve and you can get an additional cat stamp. I think some rooms might also have two cats? There are also a couple of rooms that aren't part of the main sequence and occur randomly. In one of them you can get like 20-30 cat stamps at once. There's another with straw dummies where you can get a bunch of XP scrolls. But yeah, it is a pretty long term thing, I've been playing off and on for a couple of years and I think I have about 250 cat stamps.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
Original Tiramisu was great for handling random encounters with Summoner’s Prayer and some grasta / items to raise her spirit. It hits all enemies and ignores the target’s defense. I don’t know if she still holds up in newer content though.

Kikyo AS with overdrive has been cool for grinding XP in Another Dungeons. It’s less damage but it costs 0 MP and her speed is so high that she usually goes first. Again, might not be enough for newer mobs.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Clarste posted:

I think this is a big number?
I play this game almost every day, and I don't recognize any of those characters :negative: wait is that 5* Alma with the hat maybe?

I was so excited to pull Cyan Scyther and AS Soira during the whisper of time and extra stone campaigns last month, and also find enough codices to unlock ES Suzette, who is a huge lift for my fire team.

Clarste posted:

To be honest, it's hard to tell how much damage you're doing in this game because the order of magnitude changes so much between different characters.
I wish they'd do comma separation to help with this.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
I knew power creep is significant in this game, but it didn't really sink in for me until this past month. I pulled Cyan Scyther, AS Soira, and now Minalca. I also gathered enough resources to unlock ES Suzette. They enabled me to clear a bunch of weapon manifestations that were giving me trouble, even Suzette's level 11 one.

As much as I love anything to do with Suzette, I'm especially pleased with AS Soira. She makes it super easy to pull off the rage / shield tactic that I could never quite hit with AS Bertrand or Garambarrel. I also have her at 80 light because her regular style comes up so often as a 3/4* character. That's a neat if small bonus for the characters who start as low tier filler and eventually gain a 5* upgrade. But I guess for every Soira there's also a Bria so :shrug:

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
Love the Moke beverage and the Suzette sticker! Does the stand behind the counter imply that the swag options were Aldo, Isuka, Claude, and Hismena? That cafe owns, thanks for sharing.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Clarste posted:

Lost Lab was relatively bad, yeah. While obviously all these side stories exist to advertise the gacha characters, Lost Lab was making it way too obvious that it existed solely to introduce people. A bit of a shame since I was actually interested in those characters beforehand, but maybe that was actually the problem? They tried to combine all the disparate "experimental superhuman" characters' backstories into one thing but it came across as clumsy because they weren't really written that way in the first place.
Yeah I was really looking forward to more backstory for Suzette and then it turned out to be kind of a letdown. Lost Lab put me off the game for a bit.

I also feel overwhelmed by some of the new character abilities, especially for the ES characters. I’ve never enjoyed optimizing complex combos, I just want to find a couple that work and then play to enjoy the stories. Like ES Toova is hard for me to use and she seems overpowered but I thought her new character quest was quite well done. Overall I think the Two Knights story arc is still the high water mark for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Fezz posted:

There's no quick or easy way to get chant scripts. The new tomes have several, that might be your quickest route to chant scripts.

I have Minalca, but I use her support friend more than I use her. Should I finish leveling her up? I have Iphi, Eva, Flammelapis, AS Soira, Sesta, assorted others. Any tips? I pretty much run a team of Fl, Thillelille, Iphi and Melissa/Eva. Can I do better? Fl makes it dead easy to clear mobs.
As a very casual player, I prefer Minalca over Thillelille for TDO in boss fights, but otherwise the auto damage gets kind of annoying on long missions. It probably doesn’t matter for you with how stacked your team is otherwise.