Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

SKULL.GIF posted:

Was the Spitfire nerf really warranted?

It's more a buff than a nerf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

It's a straight buff.

What's the status on crate weapons? I couldn't see any mention in the notes.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Gunder posted:

It's a straight buff.

What's the status on crate weapons? I couldn't see any mention in the notes.

No change

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Daztek posted:

No change

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

That 1 extra damage means 1 less bodyshot to kill on all shield levels except blue and flesh. Reload doesn't matter as much on a gun that has such a large mag and low rate of fire imo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Battle Pass details are out now: https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/battle-pass

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

https://twitter.com/ChadGrenier/status/1356280465938792453?s=19

Whoever said they were gonna drop it unceremoniously was right

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Still showing S7 for me

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
In the past 3 seasons' battlepasses, crypto has gotten a total of 2 quips, a banner (this one was cool but it was back in season 5), and a holospray. I think crypto has received a grand total of one skydive emote and one skin (that lovely robot one from season 4) in all the battlepasses, didn't see crypto once in the season 8 battlepass trailer either. At least Bangalore and Lifeline both got yet another legendary skin.

They sure do make it very easy to save your money if you play crypto, but I wish they would at least pretend he existed.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Agreed, but at the same time, it's gotta be hard trying to create something as good as the hype Beast. Maybe he'll get something in the collectors event this season.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

tweet my meat posted:

In the past 3 seasons' battlepasses, crypto has gotten a total of 2 quips, a banner (this one was cool but it was back in season 5), and a holospray. I think crypto has received a grand total of one skydive emote and one skin (that lovely robot one from season 4) in all the battlepasses, didn't see crypto once in the season 8 battlepass trailer either. At least Bangalore and Lifeline both got yet another legendary skin.

They sure do make it very easy to save your money if you play crypto, but I wish they would at least pretend he existed.

If it weren't for the battlepasses how would Wraith get new jump animations?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

bushisms.txt posted:

Agreed, but at the same time, it's gotta be hard trying to create something as good as the hype Beast. Maybe he'll get something in the collectors event this season.

Just another cool banner or skydive emote in the battlepass would be nice, or god forbid a rare skin that is actually pleasing to look at. It sucks when you realize that the most they'll ever toss your way these days is the season tracker and a holospray or an old quip they found lying around on a hard drive somewhere as the popular characters are all starting to get their second legendary skin.

It sucks having all the decent cosmetics tied to overpriced whale milking events.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

new gun spotted

https://twitter.com/shrugtal/status/1356298014848126978

but the compound bow seen in the S6 dev stream still hasn't been used so who knows when this will show up

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
They will buff Loba's ult to the point where it can instantly kill players in an infinite radius by stealing their hearts out of their chest before they even consider buffing her tactical.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

https://twitter.com/ChadGrenier/status/1356280465938792453?s=19

Whoever said they were gonna drop it unceremoniously was right

one of the replies is speculating it's going to get announced in a Nintendo partner showcase, if so they're probably saving it for a "available now!" type of drop

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

They probably won't charge for the switch version, right?

I've been playing on PC but I have a switch, might be nice to be able to play on vacation or whatever.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Tibalt posted:

They probably won't charge for the switch version, right?

I've been playing on PC but I have a switch, might be nice to be able to play on vacation or whatever.

Of course not. Plus it's gonna have gyro, so if it's not a technical mess, it'll be the best console version.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

bushisms.txt posted:

Of course not. Plus it's gonna have gyro, so if it's not a technical mess, it'll be the best console version.

Considering how under-powered the Switch is, I can't see it being anything other than a terrible poo poo show next to 144fps g-sync smoothness.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Gunder posted:

Considering how under-powered the Switch is, I can't see it being anything other than a terrible poo poo show next to 144fps g-sync smoothness.
What console is doing that? And IF it's a steady anything, it'll be great.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
As a big Windows Powerpoint fan, I can't wait for the Switch version.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

repiv posted:

but the compound bow seen in the S6 dev stream still hasn't been used so who knows when this will show up

I missed this one, got a pic?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

bushisms.txt posted:

What console is doing that? And IF it's a steady anything, it'll be great.

My PC does that. I just don't hold high hopes for any shooter on the Switch, and this is coming from someone who liked Splatoon 2 a lot on my Switch, but it ain't gonna work for something fast like Apex, imo.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

runchild posted:

I missed this one, got a pic?

https://twitter.com/shrugtal/status/1315272571282165761

https://twitter.com/shrugtal/status/1291453769432076293

https://twitter.com/shrugtal/status/1275459480281665536

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe that would be a nice care package weapon that's like Kraber damage, slow projectiles, 2x zoom and balanced by no reloading. Wouldn't need a new ammo type either.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Cool, thanks.

I definitely wouldn't expect everything that gets accidentally shown in a devstream to end up in the live game. That same devstream showed a "UFO" that looked just like Olympus's Elysium area floating off the Broken Coast, but that space is now taken by the Mirage Voyage.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Gunder posted:

My PC does that. I just don't hold high hopes for any shooter on the Switch, and this is coming from someone who liked Splatoon 2 a lot on my Switch, but it ain't gonna work for something fast like Apex, imo.

Splatoon 2 is 1080p at 60fps and it's pretty fast, and source is an old engine. Already got doom eternal on there, so it's not like it's a stretch.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The bow is almost certainly for a Valentine's Day event.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

bushisms.txt posted:

Splatoon 2 is 1080p at 60fps and it's pretty fast, and source is an old engine. Already got doom eternal on there, so it's not like it's a stretch.

I hope you're correct. I would be very interested to see how people using gyro aim do against players on Xbox and Playstation.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

Nintendo are great at programming smooth games for their underpowered consoles.

Third party devs... not so much. I don't have much hope that it'll run smooth without looking like Goldeneye.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

Third party devs... not so much. I don't have much hope that it'll run smooth without looking like Goldeneye.

Source engine games run 60fps on ti84 graphing calculators. I know there's a lot of extra stuff on apex but i wouldn't be surprised if it runs great on switch.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Respawns engine is pretty much Source in name only at this point, they've rebuilt most of the important systems from scratch

Ima Computer
Oct 28, 2007

Stop all the downloading!

Help computer.
I hope some of the performance improvements they make to get it to run on the Switch trickle back to the PC version. Might get me closer to my dream of a stable 144fps at 1440p without upgrading my graphics card.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

The switch is pretty modern in it's architecture. Splatoon 2 is actually very demanding because every drop of ink has gravity and physics applied to it. And you should check out DFs coverage of switch ports, some third party devs are putting in work.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

The bow is almost certainly for a Valentine's Day event.

I demand a cupid caustic.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

bushisms.txt posted:

Excited for thicc wraith

Animated

quote:

We know Wraith will always be a popular pick considering the amount of combat utility in her kit. After many tweaks to her abilities and animations, the fact remains that her win rate continues to be at the very top as it has since day one. With Season 7 hitbox adjustments to Pathfinder, we were able to control his power without nerfing his kit. We hope to do the same with Wraith.

Wraith now has a slightly larger hitbox than her fellow small legends, but the changes stay true to her model. As you can see in the before and after comparison, we’re adding some width mostly in the torso and leg areas:

Zesty fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 1, 2021

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
No more double tap means no more scout i guess

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

kanonvandekempen posted:

No more double tap means no more scout i guess

Good thing they're adding a better scout with builtin "double tap"!

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
people equipped double tap on scout?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

double tap scout was garbage but i'll miss it on the eva8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I wish the quick draw did something more noticeable on the Wingman. The difference feels so small as to be practically useless.