Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Spacedad posted:

^^^^

It looks like this is going to be the main discord goon Apex players are using for the time being (unless this game gets so big with goons we need a whole discord dedicated just to it) so this link should probably be added to the OP.

Done and done.

e: MRVN tax to not have this be a completely worthless snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

We also do Apex in the PUBG/Blackout Discord too.

https://discord.gg/JuWK5HN

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Bardeh posted:

No, it was never originally designed to handle maps of this size. Respawn must have done a ton of work on the engine to get it to work. Danger Zone is 18 players I think, and plays like janky rear end because Valve obviously just shat it out quickly as a cash grab.

Dataminers were digging up references to Danger Zone for years before it released, IIRC it was first spotted before PUBG even came out and BR only existed in mods.

I don't know which is worse, Valve making GBS threads BR out as a quick cash grab or Valve spending more time on their BR than anyone else and still making something so underwhelming.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

My download fails every single time at 38% because of some Easy Anticheat error and there's no reliable fix. Feels bad.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

phourniner posted:

I'm on a very decent internet too, which I don't think is the case in these situations but having sorta the same problem where I'm positively unloading on a dude in the back with a SHOTGUN and he doesn't go down, not even a shield break, and the exact loving moment someone shoots me, even with full purple shields, I drop like a rock. I don't loving get it and that's one of my biggest problems with the game right now. How can I shoot someone and it just plinks away at them (I can see the damage numbers), and some guy can shoot me and I instantly die? Do headshots make a difference? It's always bullshit and it's like the shields are paper thin for me, no matter the tier. I'm on PC, btw.

This is also my problem, to the point where my 2 wins are ones where no/minimal combat occurred and we just ran around while other squads/the digital fart gas did the majority of the work.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

This is one of those "Only play with friends games" to be sure.

I won my 4th game with 2 randos on PS4, one dude was even full on bong rips with a crying child in the background over voice.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

so far almost all of my drops have been with pubbies and so far I havent really had any bad games. a few have been with awesome people, and a few dead silent but still go around in a group. really fun so far.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Spacedad posted:

I have to wonder if this game may do something like what Bloodborne did for Souls games in that it showed people the 'right and fun' way to play those was to use your dodges & play aggressively rather than turtle up behind a shield.

This is the single most idiotic post I have read today.

The “right” way to play the Souls games is whichever way works for you, much like any well-made game with a variety of equipment, moves and approaches.

Apex looks cool, and I’m looking forward to playing it when I get a chance!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Spacedad posted:

Ninja says he wants to play more of this game and likes it. He says he plans on playing a mix of both it and fortnite.

He said this about Blackout also, and he was back to Fortnite 24/7 after two days when his viewers just cried non-stop.

Fortnite streamers with a following are doomed to their own little hell. A lot of streamers wont touch it because of it.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Icen posted:

Is there a group on Xbox that I can join so I don’t have to play with random people each time?

GT is DisposableScud

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

Philthy posted:

He said this about Blackout also, and he was back to Fortnite 24/7 after two days when his viewers just cried non-stop.

Fortnite streamers with a following are doomed to their own little hell. A lot of streamers wont touch it because of it.

The woes of "I get to stay home and play video games all day"

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

the best streamer is kripp because you can see through his dead eyes the agony that is being stuck spending most of your waking hours playing hearthstone

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've got Lifeline's anime banner lmao

Why can't I stop playing this game

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Lol at some of the character art on the website that 99% of players will never see.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Wazzit posted:

Just a random thought, has there been any other Source engine game that has had a player match count of this size? CS:GO's BR is like what, 16 players?
:eng101: Source has an absolute maximum cap of 255 players, but most games impose much lower limits for technical and/or gameplay reasons. CS Source and CS:GO technically support around 64 players and Garry's Mod a whopping 128, but squeezing that many players onto the small map size of standard-issue Source Engine generally results in a bit of a mess.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Philthy posted:

I don't watch summit much at all but apparently after he stopped streaming Fortnite, because he absolutely loathed it, he ate the viewer drop for his own sanity.

phourniner posted:

This is such a stupid response.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I had what passed as a couple of good rounds for me (got a few kills and died, or got a few kills and then my squad won with me dead) but now I keep having a terrible time. I whined about this in the Titanfall 2 thread but I cannot see poo poo far away in this game. Is there some trick to it or do you just fire in the general direction of gunfire and pray?

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

The hit detection in this seems way weird to me. It feels like I get dropped instantly with full shields but can't seem to do anything meaningful to anyone in the same amount of time. Oh well. I don't have an actual group to play with so after somebody with a twitch address in their username got all bitchy at me for not helping him in a fight when he looted two weapons in front of me before I had anything to help with, I uninstalled. Maybe if some of my friends want to play but it just feels off.

zerofiend fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 6, 2019

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Wow the Spitfire is obscenely good

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Just witnessed this amazing gold sniper rifle clutch by Weedbabygoku: https://clips.twitch.tv/PopularSingleDugongANELE

Edit: Bonus melee finisher https://clips.twitch.tv/BreakableBoringFriseeTakeNRG

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 6, 2019

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

precision posted:

Wow the Spitfire is obscenely good

I keep trying to find one, it was my favorite gun in TF1/2. My ideal loadout right now is EVA-8 and Spitfire.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Whoever suggested hipfiring in this game, i want you to know you're a drat liar. Even with an R-99 and the dude like 5 feet in front of me my bullets basically made an outline while he turned me into a corpse.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
game feels really good

I got a win :)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

3 man parties can suck a dick. really cool how if you have a usual BR group someone just can't play. What a stupid loving decision.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

The Jumpoff posted:

Whoever suggested hipfiring in this game, i want you to know you're a drat liar. Even with an R-99 and the dude like 5 feet in front of me my bullets basically made an outline while he turned me into a corpse.

Shotguns tend to be better for hipfire at closer ranges. Can't speak to how well hipfire works on other stuff though.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Eh, not in my experience. I’ve only played with randoms with no voice chat and every game has been great. Everyone sticks together and uses the ping constantly.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

phourniner posted:

you're welcome to try it if you think it's an easy ticket

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

game is good

panda clue
May 23, 2014

veni veni veni posted:

3 man parties can suck a dick. really cool how if you have a usual BR group someone just can't play. What a stupid loving decision.

Surely they made this decision entirely arbitrarily just to piss you off and not after extensive playtesting to see what size allows for interesting legend dynamics without becoming too overpowered :allears:.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Keep in mind no one has been playing this game for more than 36 hours yet. I was frustrated pugging last night but made it to the top 6 with 2 complete randos at least twice today where we only used pings but worked somewhat as a team and got 2-3 kills each. Of course part of that was teams getting real thirsty and not realizing just how quickly lifeline can get a dude up.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Hey now, my ol Super Monday Night Combat group can't play together either but you don't see any of us bitching.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I'm incredibly horny for my heavy friends Wingman and Longbow

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

panda clue posted:

Surely they made this decision entirely arbitrarily just to piss you off and not after extensive playtesting to see what size allows for interesting legend dynamics without becoming too overpowered :allears:.

Oh give me a break. It's an almost completely unoriginal take on a wildly popular genre that traditionally has 4 man squads and has by proxy built up many groups of people who are used to being able to play with each other with 4. If this game was some original concept and not just cashing in on BR I'd entertain the value of a 3 man squad, but it doesn't seem like a smart move when you are trying to snipe players from another game, and the first thing they find is that they can't all play together anymore.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
There is a key difference between this and every other BR game that I pointed out. Interactions between the mechanics of the characters stop being interesting if every group has every mechanic.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
This game just feels so smartly designed. The inventory management, parkour, combat, and just general battle royale mechanics feel extremely tuned. I played for a couple hours today and already felt totally onboarded and could focus on improving on game sense.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i just like that the game doesnt run like dogshit and there isnt building

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

Game's good.

I am a bad player.

Battle royale is pretty new for me, but people have been loving rad about letting me group with them. The Rando experience was even good. Some things were a hot mess, like reviving someone on the ship while it was moving caused us to fall down and leave our 3rd on the ship.

Bye my homie, I hope we see each other again!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The heroes really need better balancing. Bloodhound, Lifeline and Gibraltar are just so much more useful than everyone else aside from Bangalor's ultimate being good near the end of a match. Pathfinder's abilities really are not very useful at all. I've yet to see a really good use of Wraith's portal either

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

precision posted:

The heroes really need better balancing. Bloodhound, Lifeline and Gibraltar are just so much more useful than everyone else aside from Bangalor's ultimate being good near the end of a match. Pathfinder's abilities really are not very useful at all. I've yet to see a really good use of Wraith's portal either

Yeah, I feel like they should slow the cooldown on Pathfinder wayyyyy down and make it a 360 ping for a certain distance but maybe that would make it too good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

precision posted:

Shroud seems to play Wraith quite a lot. Perhaps you need to play the game more than a day before making definitive statements about balance.