Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

The best sphincter clenching win I’ve had so far involved 3v1ing the last squad, downing lifeline with 2 bullets left in my inventory and then punching her to death while she tried to self revive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

If they do any sort of hardware fingerprinting it shouldn’t be too hard to keep 99% of the repeat offenders out.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

What cheating? I’ve got hundreds of kills and haven’t seen a single opponent where I thought they were definitely cheating.

Now, I know there are cheaters but the problem doesn’t seem that bad.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Duck and Cover posted:

I posted a relevant comment to someone else. Like I get it you don't like people talking about the game, that's fine you're free to disconnect from this thread with no repercussions! You could even block me as many others have.

The way a game is monetized is fair game for discussion in a thread about that game. There's plenty of ground to cover too! As I haven't even discussed the dumb limited edition special colorways. At least I don't think I have.

Also please don't drop thunderdome it feels like it has very little equipment.

Shut the gently caress up. You’re easily the worst poster in this thread. Get out.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Deathboxes disappear if they’re emptied so that’s one way to rescue stuck teammates. Though I imagine Respawn will fix the issue itself before too long.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Never played the original TF but played a ton of TF2. TF2 is just fun as gently caress both in MP and SP.

After watching gameplay vids of the original it’s hard to believe its gameplay is actually better. It just looks slower and less polished, aesthetics aside.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Call in the package in a wide open field and watch the other 2 remaining squads get caught up fighting over it. Mop them up.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

I had rando team with a pathfinder we respawned twice, dies a third time and then just quits while we went on to win the game.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Can we get into mouse sensitivity arguments yet? I’m not going post mine but rest assured it’s better than your settings and I click heads like a pro.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Venuz Patrol posted:

framerate above sixty will not make you game better.

:wrong:

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

TF2 is arguably a straight up better experience all around. Respawn was able to adapt most of the gameplay from TF2 into Apex. If they can convincingly cram titans into Apex at some point it’ll be game of the decade for me.

If you enjoy Apex you owe it to yourself to try out TF2.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

What? You’re deluding yourself if you think crashing wasn’t a problem in pubg. Why do you think reconnect was such a priority for them?

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

I’ve had zero Apex crashes and pubg used to crash all the drat time.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Welp, ran into my first definite 100% cheater. Just popping heads as soon as they peak as well as through dense underbrush where vision should be impossible.

Followed by my very first crash to desktop the next game. My time has come :toot:

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Mastiff owns. In close quarters you’re going to rip squads apart.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Isn’t your in-game name your Origin name on PC?

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

L star just feels unsatisfying to use and hard to aim to boot. It certainly can shred in close quarters buts feels underwhelming for a care package weapon.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Running Mastiff & Kraber simultaneously just feels so dirty. But it feels so good.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Evil Agita posted:

So is the week gonna reset today? If so, when? Since I'm hearing the timer is full of poo poo idk when I should jump back in

Just play if you enjoy playing. Battle pass is just icing.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Duck and Cover posted:

That's not how these things work these days. Why do you think they stuffed in dailies (weeklies? I haven't played in awhile.)? It's not to increase your enjoyment.

It’s to motivate people to play everyday because everything has to be a dopamine hit these days.

Fragging itself should be dopamine hit enough!

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Fart Car '97 posted:

No, have a lecture instead

Play for the love of the game, gamer.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

endlessmonotony posted:

You changed both your FoV and your resolution. It's gonna be something you'll get used to.

While you're at it, though, way up your sensitivity until you're at the very edge of "I can't control this at all". The higher your sensitivity the better you'll do. The lower sensitivity meme is just that - a meme, based on a crazy kid who can pull it off for now. But won't for very long, as is universally true.

(The exception to that is getting used to switching DPI on the fly for fine adjustments.)

DPI switching on the fly is insane.

Low sense is not a meme, if you can’t precisely track to any point on screen reliably you will lose fights, full stop.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Respawn doesn’t seem to really care about providing an easy way to change crosshairs. Titanfall 2 lacks options as well. They allow user mods to change
multiplayer crosshairs in Titanfall 2, but I don’t know about Apex.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

endlessmonotony posted:

How, exactly, is the flailing tubeman approach less stressful on your wrists?

No, the correct answer is to keep your wrist fairly still and well-supported, something you can't do at all when using an extremely low sensitivity setup, and to get enough movement for Apex you need a fairly high sensitivity to not accidentally gently caress yourself up.

Looking at your post four hours ago I think it's clear you don't exactly have a firm grasp on ergonomics and it's a subject you really should educate yourself on. Might save you a lot of pain down the road.

You’re wrong on all fronts man. Time to post some stats.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

My name is wraith and I’ve got a girlfriend to do

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Mastiff owns, especially late game where you’re almost guaranteed to be in close quarters. The horizontal spread means you can ADS headshot dudes. Seeing 200 damage in one hit is so satisfying.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

There's this hill, east of containment, where there's a new complex. Pretty much every time I get in a fight there we get third partied and die. I hate it, I call it Third Party Hill.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

The respawn devs are really dumb to respond at all directly. They could’ve just blamed pencil pushers in EA and promised to do better until the backlash died down.

Loot boxes just need to die already. Find a loving monetization model that isn’t relying on exploiting gambling addictions.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

How about you don't be so angry about a free game

People are angry at the scummy gambling sim that preys on people’s weaknesses.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Why don't you just post on Reddit like "hey the lootboxes are really scummy and predatory, can you please not do those?" and upvote it a billion times or whatever, instead of using the dev and PR team as your personal punching bags because you're upset about EA's lovely business practices

Why don’t you go bounce on some EA dick some more.

The devs waded right into the thick of things so they have it coming.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Nah gently caress the devs if they personally respond to these posts trying to shame people for lashing out about lovely gambling boxes.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

FZeroRacer posted:

Ah yes, people deserve rape, death threats etc because they work at a company you don't like I see hmm very enlightening I'd like to subscribe to your youtube channel. People are not allowed to get mad at Gamers Being Bad and lovely.

Of course they don't. But the devs act like people aren't allowed to get mad about exploitative mechanics in a free to play game.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

tweet my meat posted:

Yeah, I had already invented the technique long before any of them ever thought of it.

No, I’m pretty sure I thought of this extremely obvious and intended use of caustics gas before anyone else. Tremble before my intellect.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

If you need to work on aim a battle royale shooter is the worst way to do it. The ratio of combat to down time is bad. Go play an FPS where you respawn (heh) instantly.

TF|2 works well because it’s basically the same engine and most of the mechanics and guns are lifted straight from it.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

It will probably act like.... the charge rifle from TF|2. You have to play with the charge timing mechanic to hit shots and it does a fair amount of damage. Very precise hitscan weapon, but unforgiving. A charged shot from this would ace a pilot in TF|2. There was also a charge hack mod that would shorten the charge time but also lowers damage output per shot.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

soggybagel posted:

I think they’re gonna need to really up their game over the next 8 weeks. I’m super happy with the game but as you lose players through attrition you can run into issues. And with Modern Warfare on the horizon I could see a huge player drop coming up. I played that 2 v 2 alpha and the guns felt good and heavy. I care more about playing with friends than anything else and if all my online friends are playing modern warfare I’ll jump over there. Hoping they stay away from a Br mode though so we can hop over to apex when we want to play that.

Hmmm, play the FPS put out by Respawn (the real IW), or yet another CoD put out by the leftovers of IW. Real hard choice here.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Hackan Slash posted:

While I agree with this, there are a bunch of people who left respawn to go back to infinity ward.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mw4/comments/au5dh9/details_about_some_respawn_employees_going_to/

I didn't know this, however the only real interesting departures to me are the two game designers. I'm mostly happy with Apex's game design choices though, so I assume the important designers stayed.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

They're not the leftovers anymore, they have had a literal decade to turn into their own thing.

And yet they put out a game like Infinite Warfare, which badly imitated Titanfall's movement system.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Ammanas posted:

im a little embarrassed to say but ive spent $0 on this game and have a ton of fun with it
i should get season pass to support the game
but

Season pass is probably the only reasonable way to support apex, since every other way is paying way too much for a skin or supporting loot boxes.

Plus if you level it you can get the next battle pass for ‘free’.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I dropped in Thunderdome twice near the pods closest to Skulltown. I opened the same pod in two consecutive games and found a mastiff.

Luck I guess??

Keep dropping there and report back.