Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

codo27 posted:

This was a funny sequence. I find it hard to practice patience but it pays off (you may want to skip the first minute)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlRr4b0oj7E

PUBG sure has gotten colorful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Noctone posted:

Is this how you normally play? :psyduck:

I had a top 3 challenge as the description indicated. I had a little fun being a statue

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
I managed to kill the same guy twice in non-consecutive solo games (killed him, died/re-queue, died/re-queue, killed him again). I can't even fathom the odds of that.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

codo27 posted:

This was a funny sequence. I find it hard to practice patience but it pays off (you may want to skip the first minute)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlRr4b0oj7E

mods?

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

All bullets have the same slowing and aimpunch properties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9Xbuw45KSI&t=224s

Bad opinion here: I don't like bullet slow being in this game.

Really sucks to lose out on dodging and sliding ability because someone got the drop on you or landed the first bullets in a 1 on 1. I'll jump and slide if I feel the slowdown but I feel like it makes me an easier target while jumping.

Part of why I like caustic so much.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Evilreaver posted:

I managed to kill the same guy twice in non-consecutive solo games (killed him, died/re-queue, died/re-queue, killed him again). I can't even fathom the odds of that.

In unranked my team died at #2 and then the winners were champions of the next game. We killed them before dying ourselves and then in the third game I saw them die in the killfeed.

This probably happens more often in ranked depending on your tier since there's smaller population to draw from.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The final circle just east of slum lakes on that big plateau is about the closest thing to a free win this game has if you can defend it and you're properly stocked up on throwables. It's fish in a barrel with next to no cover outside of the plateau high ground, and throwables allow you to flush people out of the couple of rocks they actually can take cover behind. The plateau also stays in circle for a long time giving you plenty of opportunities to drain their resources with impunity and get a free knock or two, also allowing for an easy finish since they have no safe areas to rez. Just drop a nade or two when you're ready to go in for the finish and mop up the survivors. I always make sure I have 4 stacks of nades minimum when I see it ending there.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Flatline chat: the thing does melt people but it's recoil pattern is so loving weird that I do t usually bother. 20 damage a shot is nothing to scoff at but I could just use the turbocharged havoc and get comparable damage so I might as well do that

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I didn't like the Havoc at first, but I've found out it just melts people. Too bad that you absolutely need the turbocharger for it though.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I will pick up the Havoc if I have a bit of energy ammo. Viss rates it and he will pair it with something like a Peacekeeper for peeking. It absolutely shreds people, especially if you get used to the recoil. A turbocharger on top is total gravy

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I will shamelessly say i'm the best havoc user in this thread. I melt entire squads with that, even without the turbocharger. It's crazy. I think something about the recoil means that i'm constantly hitting headshots too. It's cool though, the less people that use the gun, the more energy ammo I have! :v:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I knew I was going to struggle on the last day. I need to get all three daily challenges and I suck so the "3 kills in one round" is probably going to be hard. 10 headshots with Wraith too, tbh.

e: Or as soon as I complain online I get it. Well that worked.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Aug 27, 2019

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

just wait for it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xONwWY0brM

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

A few leaks out of the GameStop managers conference in Nashville. Spoiled in case anybody gives a poo poo.

Crypto key art, including his drone on the right side. The words behind him are “Season 03” according to the guy that posted this.

Charge Rifle. A strange choice since it’s an Anti-Titan weapon AND the Havoc already works the same way with Selectfire (and nobody uses it).

Gibraltar Halloween skin.

A disc version of the game? Lifeline Edition and Bloodhound Edition. I wonder what will come with each.

Credit to u/Teves3D unless they just reposted it from somewhere else.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Its an online game with no story, any need for spoilers? Would anyone be upset because of that?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Absolutely going to buy Werewolf Octane when he's available. No regrets.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
On the new weapon, it'll probably act like an energy sniper. A longbow/kraber compared to havoc with select fire.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Biggest problem with the beam Havoc is that it doesn't do poo poo for damage

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Tokubetsu posted:

On the new weapon, it'll probably act like an energy sniper. A longbow/kraber compared to havoc with select fire.

it would be cool if it was just a laser version of the kar from day of defeat

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

It will probably act like.... the charge rifle from TF|2. You have to play with the charge timing mechanic to hit shots and it does a fair amount of damage. Very precise hitscan weapon, but unforgiving. A charged shot from this would ace a pilot in TF|2. There was also a charge hack mod that would shorten the charge time but also lowers damage output per shot.

runchild
May 26, 2010

codo27 posted:

Its an online game with no story, any need for spoilers? Would anyone be upset because of that?

I’ve seen some people consider leaks to be spoilers, yeah. They want to be excited about things on the schedule the marketing department decided on, I guess. I decided better safe than sorry.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I know we all complain about pubbies but I'm kind of astonished by how bad my teammates are now. I mean I'm not expecting miracles but out of 12 games last night:

One teammate did above 150 damage.
That same teammate was the only one to get a kill.
The rest literally ALL died to the first person they encountered without knocking them. 23 people, folks.
In 11/12 games I had the most damage done and kills (the one I didn't get, I was immediately knocked on a hot drop)

It's basically been like this for the last 5 nights. Not much fun when you're basically playing solos in a squad game. I'm basically going to have to stop playing without pre-made squads because holy poo poo, this just isn't fun.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Yep, pubbie quality seems to have gone way down.

Was playing last night with my buddy while we were waiting for our 3rd to log on.

Of the five games we played with us two and a pubbie, not a single one did over 100 damage in any game. Most hit between 30-60.

One guy ragequit at character selection when my buddy picked Pathfinder and he wasn't able to.

One dropped solo to Bunker which had two full teams headed there while we flew to Water Treatment, which...didn't. His banner timed out.

It was really frustrating since I was trying to knock out my final few Top 5 games for the Iron Crown challenge. Luckily, once our third got on, we steamrolled and I had it in just a few hours.

Play solos if you're not going to be a team player!

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

The Midniter posted:

Play solos if you're not going to be a team player!

But then I have nobody to blame but myself?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah i'm used to treating pubbies as ablative armour.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I mean, I want to make it clear that I'm not great at this game but this is next level poo poo. What's crazy too is they are all dropping hot, they are going to Skull Town or Airbase and literally dying within 30 seconds. And a good portion of these people are level 100. What are they thinking?

runchild
May 26, 2010

Respawn talks about the three types of events you can expect from them. Most importantly, another event is coming in early September, and it will be the same type as the Legendary Hunt.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

That's.. Much sooner than I expected. Great...!...?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

If they keep doing Town Takeovers then King's Canyon is going to start feeling like a Theme Park.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I think they’re gonna need to really up their game over the next 8 weeks. I’m super happy with the game but as you lose players through attrition you can run into issues. And with Modern Warfare on the horizon I could see a huge player drop coming up. I played that 2 v 2 alpha and the guns felt good and heavy. I care more about playing with friends than anything else and if all my online friends are playing modern warfare I’ll jump over there. Hoping they stay away from a Br mode though so we can hop over to apex when we want to play that.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

soggybagel posted:

I think they’re gonna need to really up their game over the next 8 weeks. I’m super happy with the game but as you lose players through attrition you can run into issues. And with Modern Warfare on the horizon I could see a huge player drop coming up. I played that 2 v 2 alpha and the guns felt good and heavy. I care more about playing with friends than anything else and if all my online friends are playing modern warfare I’ll jump over there. Hoping they stay away from a Br mode though so we can hop over to apex when we want to play that.

Hmmm, play the FPS put out by Respawn (the real IW), or yet another CoD put out by the leftovers of IW. Real hard choice here.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

They're not the leftovers anymore, they have had a literal decade to turn into their own thing.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Honestly the charge beam looks like another care package gun and I want to see more regular weapons. I know people don't like a muddy weapon pool but cmon where's my Volt and CAR :colbert:

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

John DiFool posted:

Hmmm, play the FPS put out by Respawn (the real IW), or yet another CoD put out by the leftovers of IW. Real hard choice here.

While I agree with this, there are a bunch of people who left respawn to go back to infinity ward.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mw4/comments/au5dh9/details_about_some_respawn_employees_going_to/

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Hackan Slash posted:

While I agree with this, there are a bunch of people who left respawn to go back to infinity ward.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mw4/comments/au5dh9/details_about_some_respawn_employees_going_to/

I didn't know this, however the only real interesting departures to me are the two game designers. I'm mostly happy with Apex's game design choices though, so I assume the important designers stayed.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

They're not the leftovers anymore, they have had a literal decade to turn into their own thing.

And yet they put out a game like Infinite Warfare, which badly imitated Titanfall's movement system.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

John DiFool posted:

And yet they put out a game like Infinite Warfare, which badly imitated Titanfall's movement system.

I don't disagree but with the amount of churn in the industry.....well, it's not like Infinity Ward and Respawn are real entities, they're just collections of individuals that come and go and in the case of Infinity Ward they've got some Respawn people back with them.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

For the first time ever I'm over the Battlefield series and kinda optimistic and looking forward to CoD. Oh how the tables have turned!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Battlefield 5 is absolutely rancid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Everyone should just play BC2