Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/PFF_AAF/status/1094293538454548485

almost nobody believes in the fleet

like another famous team nobody believed in (the new england patriots), it seems we're the underdogs this year...:getin:

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

sharknado slashfic posted:

Nvm

Go...Hotshots?

Lol Rahim Moore is on the Hotshots

Hotshots going all the way.

So far, the only thing I dont like about the aaf is that they are making me wait until tomorrow night to watch my all-time favorite team, the Arizona Hotshots

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
No idea who to root for really but I always liked San Antonio, so uh go Commanders.

Actually, go Clownball. We all know that's the real reason we're going to watch this poo poo.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

go Orlando motherfuckers

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

nah posted:

It’s gameday fellas :parrot:

LET US GO THE FOOTBALS BITCH

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
GDT up. Apparently, B/R Live is doing pregame now, so those of you with that subscription service tell us what's going on.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Can't wait to watch the Washington Generals play the Washington Generals.

This had better be maximum clownball.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Who's the lady opposite Kurt Warner?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Important

https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1094419633422053376?s=19

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
This might actually be good.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

This is definitely not quality but it is football and funny.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I like this so far.

Gonna keep trying to support it. Much like Abe Simpson with the Super Bowl "If people don't support this. It might not make it"

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'm at my boss' birthday party and they're showing the game, I had no idea it was today. I'm liking it so far

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WVTM13/status/1094013469865754626

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Lma loving o

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

lmao

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Anyone know if there's free streams available? I wonder if they've created the subreddit for that yet

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Told you guys Apollos would be the best.

https://twitter.com/aafAPOLLOS/status/1094432190383955968?s=19

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

the guy wearing the baker mayfield browns jersey in San Antonio is the real MVP.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

That was defended better than the patriots managed. There was actually a defender in the vicinity 😂

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I enjoyed the lack of penalties in SA-SD. Is that something baked into the rules, or were the refs missing as much stuff as I think? Either way, it made for an enjoyably swift game

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Drunk Nerds posted:

I enjoyed the lack of penalties in SA-SD. Is that something baked into the rules, or were the refs missing as much stuff as I think? Either way, it made for an enjoyably swift game

The announcers commented on it too.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Yes!

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1094447958827909120?s=19

Apollos Bitch

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/BarstoolBigCat/status/1094412358183718912?s=19

This builds character

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So happy to see our league, the AAF, be a success tonight. Good job everyone.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

having the coaches miced up changed everything, it turned trent green from a F list color guy to tony romo. they didn't do it all the time and they also talked over it at first so they need some more practice but i'd stick trent green on any fleet game because he knew martz' playbook and all the terminology that went with it.

the camerawork was way more dynamic than in the nfl and for the better. the skycam would lift up immediately on a run play so you can see the defense work and not just the runningback's rear end.

not sure what was going on with the sound, i thought they were bleeping out the swears by entirely cutting the audio but it was happening at random points so i dunno. maybe they just need a mute button per-feed.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Glad to see stats nerds are getting in on the AAF

https://twitter.com/MichaelDanger19/status/1094448028273045504

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

gently caress EA, get the 2K people back.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/JasonKirkSBN/status/1094428451963060224

Rooster Brooster posted:

quote:

They should've hired some kickstarter board game developers to clean up these rules, man.
I kind of want to see David "Chess 2" Sirilin's take on how to handle this particular setup.

You could probably just run a RPO out of a Jumbo package and get 250+ rushing yards per game against a defense that isn't allowed to blitz, right?

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 10, 2019

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
So the offenses are terrible, but the games tonight were pretty fun imo

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
For the most part that was fun, watchable football that makes me positive about the league's direction. Taking it seriously enough to not be a gimmick league, while embracing the stuff that makes them different from the NFL, is a winning formula that could easily build a loyal fanbase.

I think the really interesting part will come in the next few weeks, when teams have some actual game tape to work with and can start building real gameplans around both themselves and their opponents. That's probably where we see the true contenders separate themselves from the pack, and also find out which coaches are trying hard and which ones are just cashing checks *glares at Mike Martz and his increasingly dated scheme*

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

weird Asian candy posted:

I'm happy for you for not jumping on the Atlanta bandwagon. Hoping for an AZ vs. Orlando championship.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Benne posted:

and also find out which coaches are trying hard and which ones are just cashing checks *glares at Mike Martz and his increasingly dated scheme*

For some reason I was very surprised that Martz play book was exactly the same add it was 20 years ago. I don't know why but I was.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I liked the part where the QB's helmet launched off his head like he was a Rockem Sockem robot, and there was no penalty called.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
The Sky Judge demands human sacrifice.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

weird Asian candy posted:

uh bro my team scored 40

nah
Mar 16, 2009

The 5-only blitz rule is very good, because despite this, Matt Simms of the OVERRATED Legends was getting hit all night. These o-lines are going to be challenged as it is and the shorter play clock gives the less-than-NFL-backup QBs less time to make adjustments.

There were some bad throws. Some passes dropped that were easily catchable. Part of it is talent, part of it is that these guys have only practiced for a month. There were some big plays though (at least in the Apollos game) that were exciting.

Steve Spurrier is going to have a lot of fun with this league.

The games moved fast. The AAF wanted games at 2.5 hours, and both were exactly 2 hours 33 minutes. There were very long stretches with no commercials of any kind.

The app is not good yet.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The app is terrible. It doesn’t do anything.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ehud posted:

The app is terrible. It doesn’t do anything.

As far as I could tell, the “live feed” just showed some dudes walking around the empty field for 15 minutes hours before game time?? Even while the game was airing. It was very weird lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

He needs to practice his ball security.