Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

that loving thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i haven't played the demo of this and it's been a grip since i've played 4 so i may be misremembering but also just jumping straight up has some iframes too so it can be used as a dodge in a pinch

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wait i haven't been paying attention who is agnus' kid and also, why

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Mordja posted:

Can anyone confirm that DMCV works fine on KBAM? And before you start, I'll brook no guff from controller-fascists telling me I'm playing the game wrong. :colbert:

i'm curious about this too

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i did some chicanery to get my mouse to work with devil may cry 4 (set a profile to rebind the buttons as keyboard keys in game) but more or less same

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

having to play nioh over the past couple of weeks with a gamepad because the keyboard+mouse binding is poo poo has only reinforced my hate for gamepads because not only does it have the standard problem of you have to choose between moving the camera and using any of the face buttons (and the camera is really lovely), it also has all the item use settings on the dpad so you also have to choose between moving or using any items (or as i've gotten in the habit of doing a weird reach from the other side of the controller with your index finger to press the dpad) so i'm really hoping for good old keyboard and mouse in dmc5 but my expectations aren't high

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

CharlestonJew posted:

Dante is sad in DMC2 because he knows he's in DMC2

gently caress beat me by one loving second i swear to god

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i mean, depending on the game using items could also tank your rank albeit that's not the case here

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Momomo posted:

With how bad a rap DMC2 gets I feel like I might end up enjoying it if I actually played it. Lowered standards are a powerful thing.

I'll get around to playing it someday. Maybe.

ok first you need to watch the full 12 minutes of this video uninterrupted. if you are able to do so without doing something else or having to stop watching it go nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcvw1E0Mcac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i saw this while clicking random threads in games killing my last hour at work and so i had my brother who knows how to use steamdb to do his due diligence

the online pvp and online co-op tags were part of devil may cry 5 at launch, referencing the "parallel play" thing they had going on ala resident evil 6. the addition of the multiplayer, pvp, and co-op tags just seems to have been part and parcel of them adding steam remote play capability to the game. notably, in my brother's words, "normally if it were the sort of thing that was leaked new content there would be additional depots or files to go along with it, those still haven't been touched in 6 months"