Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
man on tv makes obvious deadpan joke. internet is very concerned as its facade of being savvy and "getting" jokes falls to pieces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Hammerite posted:

Can you teach me the way of Jokes
that ship has sailed but you can work on your reading

Big Beef City posted:

Actually he doubled-down on it on Twitter and then started a #dontwash tag about it.

link in the op posted:

Mr Hegseth later told USA Today that his remarks were intended to be a joke.
internet doubles down on not getting jokes

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

Whatever you need to keep feeling right about your opinion.
is this the internet equivalent of exiting a conversation by slamming your bedroom door and turning linkin park up to max volume? i like it

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

No, it's just you insisting you're not wrong again like you always do when confronted.
i entered this conversation telling someone else theyre wrong you dolt

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Three Olives posted:

OK, counterpoint, I can make someone else change it for me on the side of the highway.
pay someone else to write your posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

quote:

Alcohol-tolerant E. faecium accumulated mutations in genes involved in carbohydrate uptake and metabolism
drat. in humans a bac over 0.5% can kill most people. if those bacteria are happy living in 70% alcohol i think it goes beyond tolerance. those bacteria have a problem and need help