Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

CourValant posted:

Littl置n wanders around taking in the fresh air and grass until nightfall, at which point she looks up in amazement at the stars overhead as this is the first time she's seen the majesty of the cosmos.

After a couple of days travel it first came into sight, long before Littl置n saw the city surrounding it. The Pillar of Creation, the Tyrant痴 Stake, the Spire. Over the next couple of days she marveled at the scale as she drew closer. To live your life in a cave and to behold the sky is a wonder. To see something that ascends even unto the glory of the sky is a terror. Even in the beauty of its construction the Spire felt alien to Littl置n. She was used to being dwarfed by Big置n, but the sight of the tower made her feel insignificant.

The buildings that surrounded the Spire seemed impossibly tiny in comparison but as Littl置n approached the front gate into the city she could see that the city itself was overwhelming. People bustled in an out wear robes, armor, dresses, pantaloons in shades of green, purple, brown and yellow. She found that the throng was so thick that she needed to lower her hood since even with her disguise people were brushing past her or worse, trying to step into the gap that she inhabited.

Out of the crowd ahead rushed a troll who barrelled into Littl置n, except instead of knocking her over he bounced back like he had just hit a brick wall. He cried out in pain and rolled on the ground clutching his chest.

電rat, drat, drat!

The crowd parted to open space between in Littl置n and the troll. She looked around looking for support but the faces of the orcs, faeries, humans and a mask or two looked on in confusion at the strange sight of the troll and the girl.

展hat did you do to me, you daffy bint?!

The troll had ceased his rocking from side to side and found his feet. His chest which had seemed like it might have caved in was already healing. Ballooning back out to healthy proportions.

添ou done injured me! You best pay me back or I値l show you! I値l take my price from your hide! He blustered.

He brandishes his fist, gives it a shake and begins to edge toward you.

What do you do?

---

I liked CourValant痴 little phrase so it痴 now canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

No need to sign, we'll take care of that.

Lipstick Apathy

Make a hat for him

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Oh no, a confusing social thing has happened! Quick, act like one of the noble ladies we've seen, put on airs and walk away in a huff as though greatly offended.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Apocron posted:

What do you do?

We do what all frightened little girls do; we cry out, wail, looking to attract the nearest authority figure!

Apocron posted:

I liked CourValant痴 little phrase so it痴 now canon.

Glad you liked it!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Gaslight him.

Cloud Potato
Jan 8, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

What do we do with Mr. Shakedown? Beat his rear end Kazuma Kiryu style!

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Hmmm, maybe leaving this completely open ended wasn稚 the best idea? We have 5 votes in 5 directions. How do you guys think we should handle this?

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

CourValant posted:

We do what all frightened little girls do; we cry out, wail, looking to attract the nearest authority figure!

I can dig that

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Run away and pull up the hood to hide again.

or cry a lot then when he looks away run and pull up the hood and hide again.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Pull a stuffed bunny out of our Sack of Convenience, hug it close and scream "I need an adult!"

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Already overhelmed by the bustle of the city, the rage of the indignant troll pushes your emotions into high gear. At first your eyes sting, then they water. The sob begins as a wobble down in the diaphragm, but as it is joined by the pained air in your lungs it bursts forth in wracking sobs.

The streetwise troll is taken aback by the emotion that is bursting forth from the slender frame that had flattened him moments before. His cheeks burn hot as the disapproving glare of the crowd settles in judgement upon him. His stride toward you is stopped and he begins to back off, hands held up defensively.

的 tell thee, she is stronger than a brick shithouse. It isn稚 safe she just walks around all all unassuminglike.

But he finds no sympathy from the crowd. Someone in the back boos and suddenly there is a chorus of disapproving hollers and cooing.

敵et out of here and leave the wee置n alone!

添ou池e probably half cut and tripped and hit a wall rather than this girl.

The troll throws a scowl your direction and then attempts to melt into the crowd. However the wall surrounding you is less than giving so in the end he has to shove his way to get out. People from the crowd come forward to comfort you. Patting you shoulder.

鼎heer up muffins. He痴 away now.

That痴 when you realize. Not only has the troll gone. But he痴 also taken the:

A) debt
B) Guiding stone
C) Both

What do you do?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Decry loudly,

"Thief! He robbed me!"

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Vote: B) Guiding stone.

AJ_Impy posted:

Decry loudly,

"Thief! He robbed me!"

+1

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I GAIN POWER FROM EATING PEOPLE, JUST ASSUME I'M ALWAYS VOTING TO EAT PEOPLE

Nap Ghost

A, cry

Cloud Potato
Jan 8, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

AJ_Impy posted:

Decry loudly,

"Thief! He robbed me!"

Voting this and A. Better to disappoint Big'un than to be unable to find him again.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Buncha slack-jawed faggots around here

Cloud Potato posted:

Voting this and A. Better to disappoint Big'un than to be unable to find him again.

+1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

No need to sign, we'll take care of that.

Lipstick Apathy

B

«3 »