Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
How's the game so far? The Metro series was something I really wanted to like, but the games felt too linear with a lot of unsatisfying setpieces. Hoping this one lets the player do more on their own terms instead of following an NPC around from one scripted event to another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
GTX 1070
i7 8700 stock
8GB RAM
SSD

Game runs surprisingly well on High @ 1440p, tessellation, and advanced PhysX checked. Lowest sustained FPS is at 50 so far. Goes up pretty high in underground areas. There’s probably still some more settings to fidget with, but I’m impressed it plays nicely. I want to see if there’s any noticeable difference between medium and high, because FPS in the 70-80 range feels nice when I get it.

e: also surprised that 8GB still holds up here. I tend not to multitask while gaming, maybe I’ll be tabbing to steam chat or discord chat, but not much else. I legitimately thought I’d have to upgrade to 16gb for this game.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I wish we had more granular in-game graphics options, like actually being able to adjust individual settings such as anti-aliasing.

I was surprised there was no mention of anti-aliasing because its such a performance heavy option. Also now that im on a 27" monitor @ 1440p, having AA off isn't as bad as I remember when I was on 1280x1024. The benefit of sharper images outweighs the slight blurriness of AA, and gives me like a 15-20fps boost.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Does anyone else perceive weirdness with aim sensitivity? I feel like it varies with frame rate or *something*. It feels like there’s a certain level of weight or inertia to my mouse.

Vsync is off, GSYNC is enabled, I go from 50-90fps. Using a regular mouse. I highly doubt the “enhance mouse accuracy” setting is selected in the windows 10 options, but I have to check when I get home. No other game has this prob.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Fallom posted:

fyi you can go to the Options menu to change the QTEs so you only have to press the button once to complete them

you're welcome
Apparently there's quite a few folks who cant do QTEs because of physical handicaps so its nice to see more games adopting this.

I enjoy the fish cult people. Its kinda an old trope but it's probably the most absurd and "tsar-fish" sounds funny. I'm really getting a kick out of this game. Definitely scratching that Roadside Picnic itch. Game makes me wanna upgrade my GPU, but going from a 1070 to a 2070 seems fairly bad in value on a 1440p setup.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Got a weird glitch. I fed some corpses to the Tsar Fish and didn't kill any of His followers, but He will still eat me when i'm on my boat or in the water.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
what a strange trick

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Steam users lack sufficient faith in Epic Games and will thus be eaten by Tsar-Fish 🐟

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Carecat posted:

They didn't do badly but it would benefit from survival or RPG elements to back up all exploration as you mostly just find a few boxes worth of generic resources and very rarely a weapon mod. This isn't a problem with Fallout or Stalker because of the breadth of crafting/trading but here it's just ammo, the two resource types and very rarely a new weapon mod.
Honestly I kind of liked generic resources because I've become *really* burnt out with crafting in general. Simplifying things down to liquids and solids still encouraged looting and exploration, but didn't fall into the trap of recipes and blueprints and checklists.

I was really in love with the game up until Miller and I were sent on a search for Anna's medicine. The water sections, spitting bugs, drab environments of sewers felt like I was playing the two earlier games, and not in the good way. At that point I was rushing to get to the next section of the game, but it ended. Not saying the game was short, it just sucked playing the weakest part and then roll credits. I would have liked the payoff of doing some more outdoor adventures, or at least watching the train leave snow-land and arrive to the paradise zone.. Looking back, I absolutely loved the Pioneers and Pirates. Their whole mission to live according to their school teacher's lessons was a well done sub plot. Also, them giving you to the count of 5 to turn around, but shooting at 2 because they couldn't count, got a lol out of me .

veni veni veni posted:

Lol I'm embarrassed I noticed this but some of the nosalis have dicks and some of them have vaginas.
I didn't notice the second thing. I really wish I hadn't noticed the first. get high res genitalia out of my videogames :bahgawd:!

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Get the auto shotgun if you haven't already. The region is a little mutant heavy so its valuable all the time. I'd invest resources into it.

Also, find a revolver and mod it to be like a scout rifle. Headshots are lethal 99% of the time with a pistol bullet anyway, and its all around easier to use than a dedicated sniper rifle. I kept mine short barrel, but if you want a cartoon looking gun you can put a long barrel on it. It's hilarious to use.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
I got the good ending, which was nice. I dont mind being the odd one out with the peak-metro portion. On the whole, the game was great and I really hope sales push them to pump out more story DLC and another sequel. Though honestly, I'm not sure if id buy the next game if it was returning to the sewers. I fell in love with the semi open environment.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Usually I hate when games railroad you into a "default" weapon but everything the Tihar is so cool. Hope future DLC includes more frakenweapons.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
I ran back to a campfire, set my timer to night time, came back and silently knocked out everyone. Not sure if there’s a better/easier way to do that nonlethaly.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
What happens when you perform the above action?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
I had my mask break during the tutorial, got the prompt, and never ever had it happen again. Although that’s likely because I clean everything up to 100% whenever I’m at workshops and visit them often.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
If they ever remaster the game I hope they take the liberty of removing those things in the boat section.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
It just sorta breaks the pacing. There's a lot of urgency near the end, and there's this level of excitement building as the final stretch of the game opens up. Then you gotta shoot slugs who will otherwise jizz you to death. The slugs weren't hard, just this tedious series of bumps on the road.

Have the devs said anything about the game post release? Like what they plan to do with the DLC or how they felt the game was received? Much like Prey, this game was easily one of the most memorable or me in a really long time, but also like Prey, hardly anyone touched it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

haldolium posted:

I found the Desert pretty great in combination with the other levels in particular.

I think the direction Metro took from 2033 over LL to Exodus was just right overall and I found every game improved over the last one in a way.
I was a huge fan of being outside in general. So the final bit of Exodus where you're metroing it up was sort of a low point for me comparatively.

Just finished The Two Colonels. Wish it had a little more meat on the bone, but im a sucker for supplementary world building. How's the new DLC for Sam? Anyone finish it?