Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I'm just mad that the one conference I skipped turned out to have loving Silksong

Xbox reaching out to them isn't the most shocking thing in the world - platforms would naturally love to partner up with a dev with this kind of a reputation - but I always figured Nintendo had them sewn up after the Treehouse reveals. I guess not. Sony were never going to go for it because Sony are in the haughty and arrogant phase of their generational cycle, while MS loves getting indies on Game Pass.

The maximum comedy option would've been an Epic Games Store exclusive although that would've burned a lot of Kickstarter backers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I’m glad for everyone that needed reassuring but I think at this point I’m going to ignore everything Silksong until it’s in my hands

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

It's going to be a long year.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
If it doesn't come out for Playstation I'll have to play it at the office which means I'll lose my job and become homeless

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Did something happen? Did anyone hear that?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Having said that, this masks-off reveal about how some of you feel about Xbox... look, I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

What is this garbage, Xbox is a brand not a friend, Phil Spencer won't cry if I play Silksong on Switch or whatever instead.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Phil Spencer already made me cry by abandoning Burnout 3

e) this isn't the xbox thread

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 13, 2022

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The funniest option would be a year long timed exclusive on xbox, so I hope that happens

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Countblanc posted:

The funniest option would be a year long timed exclusive on xbox, so I hope that happens

it's going to happen.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Judge Tesla posted:

What is this garbage, Xbox is a brand not a friend, Phil Spencer won't cry if I play Silksong on Switch or whatever instead.

he will when i do

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The funniest option is 70 dollars digital only no game pass.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Easy day one purchase. Hollow Knight (at least with the free DLC) is absolutely worth $70.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Harriet Carker posted:

Easy day one purchase. Hollow Knight (at least with the free DLC) is absolutely worth $70.

And this is why we have 70 dollar games now. Sigh.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Waltzing Along posted:

And this is why we have 70 dollar games now. Sigh.

well, I mean, if games had kept up with inflation they'd be closer to $100

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
HK is one of the only games where I felt like I underpaid

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Waltzing Along posted:

They already confirmed day 1 gamepass no?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Mazerunner posted:

well, I mean, if games had kept up with inflation they'd be closer to $100

And if they kept up with normal economics they'd be $30.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Isn’t Silksong supposed to be a Kickstarter DLC for backing it originally?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Invalid Validation posted:

Isn’t Silksong supposed to be a Kickstarter DLC for backing it originally?

Yes it was listed as "second playable character" but they ended up deciding to give her her own game.

It's wild to me that this absolute game changer made so little on Kickstarter.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

$12000 more and we would have gotten a Zote game as well, too bad

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SirSamVimes posted:

Yes it was listed as "second playable character" but they ended up deciding to give her her own game.

It's wild to me that this absolute game changer made so little on Kickstarter.

It was made by three people whose only prior game got a 1 star user rating on newgrounds lmao

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It was made by three people whose only prior game got a 1 star user rating on newgrounds lmao

Yeah remember their credentials didn't really get boosted until Hollow Knight. Before then they didn't really have much of a track record to go off of.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Araxxor posted:

Yeah remember their credentials didn't really get boosted until Hollow Knight. Before then they didn't really have much of a track record to go off of.

they still dont

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Feels Villeneuve posted:

HK is one of the only games where I felt like I underpaid

Quite. Even though I'm a bit sick of it, it is well worth the money.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Flavahbeast posted:

$12000 more and we would have gotten a Zote game as well, too bad

Thank god tbh. Zote is a mediocre joke that already goes on a bit too long.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Mymla posted:

:mods:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol, they should release Zote as DLC and all you get is his piddly attacks that you see in the Trial of the Fools arena. And yet people would still find a way for him to beat the game, path of pain, and all the Pantheon challenges.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I kind of assumed everybody played HK on PC. Huh.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

None of us have actually played HK, we're just into the hype

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

MJeff posted:

I kind of assumed everybody played HK on PC. Huh.

Bought it on PC at launch, couldn’t get very far

Bought it on PlayStation a year later and really enjoyed it this time but only got halfway in before bailing.

Bought it on Nintendo Switch a year later and suddenly it’s my favorite game of the generation and I beat it and beat the dlc and optional super-side bosses and then played it again. Something about the portability let me play Hollow Knight on my own terms and that really kicked the game into overdrive for me.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Bust Rodd posted:

Bought it on PlayStation a year later and really enjoyed it this time but only got halfway in before bailing.

Bought it on Nintendo Switch a year later and suddenly it’s my favorite game of the generation and I beat it and beat the dlc and optional super-side bosses and then played it again. Something about the portability let me play Hollow Knight on my own terms and that really kicked the game into overdrive for me.

Similar story. I got it on PC and played enough to beat it with the worst ending. Got it on Switch and played through all endings and did a lot of the optional stuff.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Lol, they should release Zote as DLC and all you get is his piddly attacks that you see in the Trial of the Fools arena. And yet people would still find a way for him to beat the game, path of pain, and all the Pantheon challenges.

I'm gonna assume that was basically the idea for his stretch goal in the first place.

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Somewhat similar, I got it cheap in a Steam sale and finished it there, then bought it on everything else I have when it was released on those platforms. PS4/5 is my preferred platform though.

I also bought the physical collectors edition when that got released.

Pretty sure I never would have paid full price even for one copy without trying it first though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Interesting to see an arms race to snatch up these popular Indy games for your subscription service. Nintendo announced that they got Stardew Valley:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1536408067876835330?s=20&t=NtWvU2SU2yR6c58HtfeTCg

Edit: ah poo poo, it’s just a week long demo, nevermind. It’s not like what Microsoft did with Hollow Knight.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m gonna buy the most expensive edition of Silksong imaginable and THEN I’m gonna go get matching Knight & Hornet tattoos on either my ankles or behind my ears

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Cartoon Man posted:

Edit: ah poo poo, it’s just a week long demo, nevermind. It’s not like what Microsoft did with Hollow Knight.

Yeah Nintendo has been doing game trials for a while, its a nice way of doing demos.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The two developers should get together and make a crossover farming/dating game called Hallownest Valley.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Mymla posted:

I was convinced that Zote was a Kickstarter backer's OC do not steal until I ran into the area full of the actual kickstarter backer OCs

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Judge Tesla posted:

It's a tease and I'm sorry if it struck a nerve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

too many posters in this thread who have not read the 57 precepts and committed them to their souls