Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Kofi vs. Bryan at Wrestlemania?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 2 1.77%
Yes but louder. 25 22.12%
K O F I T R A I N 86 76.11%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I feel really awful for Mustafa if the plan was for him to be an out-of-nowhere rocket to the Mania Main Event, but if there's one man on Earth I am happy to have a chance to steal that spot away it's Kofi. New Day vs Bryan and Rowan (and Harper or Bray?!) would be an incredible feud to lead up to Mania, and seeing somebody who should have been a Main Eventer for the last decade finally reach the top of the mountain against all odds when just a handful of years ago he'd been ready to hang it up would be one hell of a feel good moment.

Also if they go all the way with this I want to hear Kofi's original music for his Mania entrance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Interesting note: Unless you count The Rock, Kofi would be the first black WWE Champion.

Edit: If you count the WHC and include the WCW title's lineage in it's history as WWE seems to do, he would be the 4th after :drat:, Booker and Mark Henry. But he would be the first in the WWE title's direct lineage.

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Feb 18, 2019

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

DarkstarIV posted:

So for those curious, Black, Gargano, Ciampa, and Ricochet all had their WWE.com profiles moved to the main roster section of the website.

Holy poo poo.

...all hail NXT Champion Velveteen Dream!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

NXT still have Velveteen and Adam Cole to hold down their main event scene and plenty of good midcard talent they could push upward, but I do have to wonder what the hell they're going to do with these four BEFORE Mania. Calling them up on the Raw After Mania and then doing the Shakeup on the following Smackdown to reveal where they're all landing would have been huge, but what purpose do they serve being called up now when there are already so many ongoing storylines to keep the existing roster's dancecard full?

I mean, we know the Mania Card is going to be Bryan vs Somebody, Brock v Rollins, Ronda/Becky/Charlotte (:sigh:), and almost certainly Miz v Shane. There will be a Cruiserweight match, A SD Women's, a Women's Tag, Two Men's Tags, a US and IC, and an ARMBAR and maybe a Women's Battle Royal. That's a 13 match card right there assuming there's nothing else.

Raw is so scattered and bloated right now. And now they're going to try and fit in four more big talents? It's weird.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Bray's run from Summerslam to Mania 30 was something really special. It should have made him a star for the next 20 years, but unfortunately he got to be pretty much the very last speedbump on the Cena Must Win train.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Awwwwww Discussion Thread! Don't you DARE be sour. Clap for your Soon-to-be WWE Champ! And FEEL. The POWER!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

When HBK was hurt during the attitude era they brought him back for totally random crap all the time just so people would remember he existed and new fans could be told who he is. To me that seems like the most likely scenario.

As dumb as WWE is, I feel like even they have to know that they're risking the hilariously stupid event of him being boo'd if he's recovered and they bring him back in a way that undermines Becky, Ronda and/or Seth.