Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

WatermelonGun posted:

I want a parasite eve remake

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/02/11/square-enix-files-trademark-for-parasite-eve-in-the-uk/

Square Enix filed a trademark for Parasite Eve last week, so maybe there's hope!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Final SEXUAL Fantasy!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i humbly suggest that a more appropriate name for this long-running JRPG series, rather than the manifestly incorrect 'final fantasy', might be 'endless fantasy'

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Chrs Gry posted:

I can’t believe the Final Fantasy VII remake thread in GBS got a remake before the actual game did

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

LadyPictureShow posted:

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/02/11/square-enix-files-trademark-for-parasite-eve-in-the-uk/

Square Enix filed a trademark for Parasite Eve last week, so maybe there's hope!

loving awesome. *uncocks revolver, removes barrel from mouth*

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

WatermelonGun posted:

loving awesome. *uncocks revolver, removes barrel from mouth*

Bad news, friend: it's going to be a mobile-only card game

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

For real tho I think back when they made ff7 they would just hire like actual artists to design all of the poo poo which made it kinda cool.

I assume nowadays people just go to some gay game design college where they just learn how to make brown rocks for every game.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

limaCAT posted:

cloud lied aeris dies

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Maybe they're delaying it because Cloud looks freaking anorexic and they need to remake his character design.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Its because they keep adding extra cutscenes to aeris's death. At this point it's like a Dead Space death compilation video

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Bad news, friend: it's going to be a mobile-only card game

*replaces revolver with lit stick of dynamite, replaces mouth with anus*

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Looking forward to paying extra for a deluxe preorder with an exclusive sword! It's like an extended warranty, you literally can't lose!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
has anyone made sweet jokes about limit breaks being dlc yet????

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
it's a ploy designed to get ppl to buy the newest playstation. It's never coming out. Definitely not on the ps4 or 5.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

gary oldmans diary posted:

sephiroth kills aeris

thanks a lot rear end in a top hat

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

big nipples big life posted:

FF7 remake will be the biggest disappointment in the history of games. I'm looking forward to the meltdowns though.

Even though it will suck an unimaginable amount of pubic hair (if it actually ends up being released at all), there will be a shockingly large number of people who will defend it as being anywhere from "good, but not quite as good as the original" to "the best game of all time." This has been Squaenix's business model for over a decade now, and they're doing fine.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I would rather the ff7 remake take 20 years and look good rather than the recently announced Links Awakening remake that looks like Animal Crossing runny baby diarrhea

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
Are they planning a FF7 house reboot also?

red sampson
Oct 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
It's because the cross dressing cloud mini-game being deleted from the remake is making people angry.

cloud dressed as a wiafu should remain intact.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i thought it was funny when castlevania lords of shadow basically had an ability that was a minute long final fantasy summon. tits and all

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

SilkyP posted:

I would rather the ff7 remake take 20 years and look good rather than the recently announced Links Awakening remake that looks like Animal Crossing runny baby diarrhea

lol no, that remake looks good and is actually going to come out but keep sniffing those yuffie panties bruh

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I think it'd be really fun if it had combat similar to Kingdom Hearts. Like, that game has really fun action combat especially compared to Final Fantasy XV

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Solice Kirsk posted:

Tifa's Boobs are one of the best characters in the Final Fantasy universe.

They're getting nerfed.

Chrs Gry posted:

I can’t believe the Final Fantasy VII remake thread in GBS got a remake before the actual game did

Wicker Man fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Feb 19, 2019

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I want a ffvii remake where Tifa has bigger tits. There, I said it. All you goons were thinking it, but only I had the balls to say it. If you’re going to say her tits were too big in the original, we all know you’re being a sanctimonious lying piece of poo poo or a girl.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

SilkyP posted:

The Links Awakening remake looks baller imo.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Time_pants posted:

Even though it will suck an unimaginable amount of pubic hair (if it actually ends up being released at all), there will be a shockingly large number of people who will defend it as being anywhere from "good, but not quite as good as the original" to "the best game of all time." This has been Squaenix's business model for over a decade now, and they're doing fine.

Coincidentally, im the ff7 remake, all the characters will hsve realistically textured pubic hair

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Remakes can be good if the company behind them cares enough, like with the recent Resident Evil 2 remake.

The problem though is that FF7 is such a big game that the amount of resources required to do it right is a big gamble, even for a company like Square Enix.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Vakal posted:

Remakes can be good if the company behind them cares enough, like with the recent Resident Evil 2 remake.

The problem though is that FF7 is such a big game that the amount of resources required to do it right is a big gamble, even for a company like Square Enix.

also resident evil 2 was a much better game to begin with.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Vakal posted:

ive never seen square put any more than a token effort into a remake. ever.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Oswald Kesselpot posted:

Are they planning a FF7 house reboot also?

We can make it happen right here, I need some roommates.

Dibs on having Barrett's soul so I can say the n word

email
Sep 8, 2005

ashrum3 posted:

so i was browsing the net just saw that final fantasy 7 was delayed again. Does any one else find it weird that they can get there poo poo together to make good games anymore

Tane posted:

because gaming journalists are unethical

I am pretty sure they delay it a week for every death threat Anita Sarkeesian gets so *checks notes* it’s currently due out in 2050

email fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Feb 19, 2019

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

LadyPictureShow posted:

if anything needs a hd remake it's a game about a lesbian cop who kills monsters.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

LadyPictureShow posted:

How can anyone look at what Square's put out for the last several years and hope they turn their fetid attentions towards some classic game you care about? Why would you wish that on Parasite Eve? Or any other game.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

counterfeitsaint posted:

How can anyone look at what Square's put out for the last several years and hope they turn their fetid attentions towards some classic game you care about? Why would you wish that on Parasite Eve? Or any other game.
This. They're not the squaresoft you adored in your childhood anymore.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

counterfeitsaint posted:

Dragon Quest XI was good.

:smith:

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

if anything needs a hd remake it's a game about a lesbian cop who kills monsters.

I'm excited and slightly aroused at the prospect of making another Walther PPK that hits harder than the rocket launcher, steals items and puts enemies to sleep while healing you.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Uh, it already has been? Or did you never play ff9, ff11, or ffxii-2?

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Can you imagine being the FF7 remake team? Like, you have all this pressure to remake a game that really is great but that’s so dated not just gameplay wise but story wise, where every dumb little aspect is super important to some nerd SOMEWHERE.

It’s got so many issues that are just aspects of its time, but at the same time, for all its faults, it’s genuinely creative, imaginative and original in a way that your new games aren’t, and you run the risk of exposing yourself.

Plus constant changes relates, it’s got to be so over budget by now. You got a director who didn’t even know he was directing until the company had already made an announcement, whose pulled a million different directions basically being the only designated creative in the company.

The demands and expectations from your bosses and the public combined with what seems like a total clown show management wise and yeah.

I don’t envy the poor fuckers on that staff.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Still funny that S-E kept punishing/kicking out game directors for perceived failures or being uncooperative until they realised they had literally only one guy left that they trusted with anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

great big cardboard tube posted:

We can make it happen right here, I need some roommates.

Dibs on having Barrett's soul so I can say the n word
This sounds fun. Unfortunately I am already bonded.

Beep Beep.