Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Cannon_Fodder posted:

gently caress this. We need a potion master or someone to grow our rear end some energy beans, Pronto.

This post had nothing to do with me being barely awake and needing coffee myself. :colbert:

Both of these things exist. We need energy beans!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I suspect life would be very good at making potions as well. Our main limitations as a potion maker was that silver bear madra is good at boosting mental stuff (thus the potions that made pumie soak up knowledge like water) but bad at physical potions to do cool things.

Life is probably fully capable of doing some insanely good potion stuff, be it energy potions or growth hormones or what.

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

KittyEmpress posted:

I suspect life would be very good at making potions as well. Our main limitations as a potion maker was that silver bear madra is good at boosting mental stuff (thus the potions that made pumie soak up knowledge like water) but bad at physical potions to do cool things.

Life is probably fully capable of doing some insanely good potion stuff, be it energy potions or growth hormones or what.

Can we boost Pumies intelligence?

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Yes, but they we don't have the ingredients for Minaro's Anti-Idiot Solution and they won't let us buy the 9999 revelations elixir until we're an inner.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Writing up shopping options now

I've got healing and physical cultivation aids.

What else do ya'll want to look for?

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

LLSix posted:

I'd like Lu An to get some robes in our colour scheme!

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Spirit Honey! Or maybe even OTHER sweet things, if someone tells us they exist!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

LLSix posted:

mundane custom made robes made to replace the ones we lost on the journey to the academy, i'm sure we can describe them well enough

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I'm interested in knowledge aids more than physical cultivation aids (unless they're the same thing?).

Potions to make us learn faster like back home would be useful.

For Wotjeo, I'm interested in seeing if there are items to increase agility/speed. We've seen robes that make you tougher, and robes that make you stronger. Something that makes our giant bear brother faster seems most useful.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
It's already in the schedule, but as a reminder we're also looking for Wotjeo bling.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

sheep-dodger posted:

I'd like Lu An to get some robes in our colour scheme!

We were told that sometimes favored servants were given self cleaning robes.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

LLSix posted:

Potion making supplies? I doubt that it will beat other things we might want to buy, but it would be nice to know what's out there.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

My top priority is whatever Wotjeo wants. Spirit honey and imbued jewelry for a start. Maybe find a smith that can handle custom work for non-human frames. He still needs a defensive solution since he doesn't benefit from metal hair or an armored robe.
Alchemy equipment and ingredients would be nice. I suppose we could also buy potions directly if they're too hard to manufacture.
I'd be down with getting self-cleaning robes for Lu An if they're reasonably priced and we have the funds left over.
If we liquidate the gun we should be able to finance a decent shopping spree. It's not as though it's doing us any good in storage.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Mr. Prokosch posted:

It's already in the schedule, but as a reminder we're also looking for Wotjeo bling.

Agreed. We need to get our bearuh something sweet to have as a harness or necklace or something

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

malbogio posted:

If we liquidate the gun we should be able to finance a decent shopping spree. It's not as though it's doing us any good in storage.

Yes please. We keep saying it will be worth more to the original owner but no one even cares to remember her name. And it's been a month, she probably had a replacement by now.

Let's just go hawk it.

Edit: I'm also willing to buy Dashuijie something potentially. Probably not anything super expensive but her 'brother' loaned us very valuable bracers. Though they also might have hosed up our dantian formation.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 18, 2020

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Is it possible to find a really big robe for Wotjeo, and maybe one of those to-go box hats? I dont remember what they are called.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Is it possible to find a really big robe for Wotjeo, and maybe one of those to-go box hats? I dont remember what they are called.
Yeah, Wotjeo could wear a hat, but no time in this shopping trip.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Potion making supplies? I doubt that it will beat other things we might want to buy, but it would be nice to know what's out there.
It exists, no time this trip.

OfChristandMen posted:

Edit because we only have 1 Action:

C now let's try our new dantain.

Mid Fall - (Nuli, Water Week(5), Day 2) continued

Thanks to your steadily improving strength and stamina, you’re not as tired after finishing the exercises led by the mighty Elder Yun Tzu as you normally are. You decide to sit down with Lu An and discuss how much you can afford to spend when you go shopping with Dashuijie later this week. Dashuijie is the only other Healer disciple you know and you’ve enjoyed your talks with her so far.

Well, you say sit down with Lu An, and you actually did. You sat down on the floor of central area of the wooden cave that you share with Liuxue. Wotjeo curled his huge bear body up beside you and rested his big bear head in your lap, allowing you to scratch him behind his cute, furry ears. You did finally manage to convince Lu An to sit down with you by ordering her to do so, but she looked so uncomfortable you allowed her to stand and look at the side wall during your conversation so she wouldn’t either be looking down at you or have her back turned to you.

The first thing you ask is, “I want to make my room more suitable for Wotjeo. Can you put our sleeping pad up on top of a bunch of metal bars? How much would that cost?”

Lu An nods and writes down a note. “Note a problem, and it won’t cost anything. You and Liuxue aren’t using anywhere close to the allotment of vital-essence sources reserved for this temporary training dormitory. Umm… I suspect Liuxue must be doing most of her cultivating somewhere else. It is the only way I can think of to explain why there’s so much surplus. Fortunately for you, that means I can draw enough metal bars to make a platform for your bed and still be well under the limit. I can even rotate the bars out once a month.”

Lu An explains to you, “As part of my responsibilities to keep your possessions neat and organized, I’ve been taking an inventory. In addition to the two you are using this week, you currently have 1 balanced Diamond VEA, 3 air Diamond VEAs, and 28 Quartz VEAs of a variety of aspects. Luxing Traveling Academy gives all first-year disciples 7 VEAs of their current tier each month. The next time you can pick yours up from the job hall is next week. Luxing Traveling Academy allows you to swap your VEAs for any aspect you want, as long as it’s not something unusual like, unfortunately, your Dream Silver dantian at a one to one rate. You can also trade in 6 quartz VEAs for 1 Diamond Vea. That means you currently have 15 Diamond VEAs and 3 quartz saved up for next month. You might be able to get a better trade in rate on your Quartz VEAs, but I can’t help you with that because, like all once-born, I’m forbidden from touching any items imbued with madra. At your current rate of use of 2 VEAs, you need 10 Diamond VEAs. So you have enough to last all next month plus 5 Diamond and 3 Quartz VEAs that you can safely spend or save for next month. If you don’t spend any of your VEAs, you have almost enough to last 3 months at your current usage. You also have a really amazing amount of CP saved up. I asked a friend to check the records and you’re one of the top five of your year in unspent CP, most disciples spend their CP almost as soon as they earn them. If you spend just three of your CP on a single Diamond VEA, you are set for the next 3 months.”

Lu An fidgets and then adds, “I’m… maybe not supposed to know this, but I had a friend copy out last year’s records for me. I think you’ll be able to switch to using three VEAs in a month or two. If you do, you’ll need to find some way to bring in a lot of VEAs or CP by the time that happens. From everything I saw in the records, disciples who don’t stockpile enough VEAs to use as many as their rank allows quickly fall behind their peers who plan better. I don’t understand how or why that is, Protector, but the numbers don’t lie. I hope you’re not mad at me?”

You’re confused by Lu An’s nervousness, but you shrug it away. It’s clear enough she wants to be reassured. You stand up and stand on tip-toes so you can reach the much taller and older Lu An’s back with your tiny hand. You rub your hand in circles on her back the same your mother did for you when you were nervous. “I’m not mad. You are doing good. Thank you for helping me. I’d never have figured that out on my own.”

Lu An spins to face you a delighted grin on her face, “Really! I’m so happy I could help...”

Lu An spins around, her cheeks blushing bright red, “I’m sorry for looking at you and behaving so familiarly!”

You reassure her again. “Don’t be. You’re doing good. Umm… this is kind of a secret, but I think I’ll be getting all the VEAs I need for cultivation after next week. How does that change things?”

Lu An nervousness fades as she focus on her rolls of flexible material. She writes down a few things and scratches out others, updating her numbers. “In that case, the only reason you might want to save some VEAs is either to give them to your followers to allow them to spend more time cultivating or to save up for a larger purchase. Setting aside 2 Diamond VEAs for next month, you have 2 Diamond VEAs and 28 Quartz VEAs you can spend. Um… I don’t know where your cultivation VEAs are coming from, but you might want to hold onto one or two spare ones for when you are able to use more until your supplier can catch up with your rank increase. If you do that you’d have 1 or even 0 Diamond VEAs you can afford to spend.”

You think for half a breath and then wave your hands in a dismissive gesture very reminiscent of Elder Minaro’s. “That’s a problem for tomorrow Pūmiè. I don’t want to hold any back. I’m going to the market tomorrow so I can convert most of the Quartz into Diamond at five to one according to Zhuque then. How many Diamonds would that give me.”

Lu An hardly hesitates before replying, “7 Diamond VEAs and 3 Quartz VEAs. You can also spend contribution points to get more Diamonds. It costs 3 CP per diamond. If you spend them all, you’d have 15 Diamond VEAs, 3 Quartz VEAs, and 2 CP left over. I’m not sure you want to do that though. The most successful disciples of past years consistently took 2-3 private lessons a week. How much CP do you think you can earn in a week.”

You start trying to work it out on your fingers.

Wotjeo replies while you’re still counting. “I think we’ll have 2 CP a week. 1 each from our two healing lessons. If we go to all the group lessons, we’ll only have one day free a week to have tutored lessons on, and that assumes we’re not teaching our friends or learning from Xue Min. CP has been pretty easy to get so far, I think we can afford to spend most of it.”

Lu An nods her head and ummms, “Call it between 12 and 15 Diamond VEAs then?”

You shrug, you have a hard time keeping track of all these numbers, but Wotjeo seems happy so you are too. Thinking that reminds you of how happy eating the honey last week made Wotjeo. “Do you think I could buy Rain Bee honey for Wotjeo? How much would that cost?”

Lu An hops uncertainly from foot to foot. “I’ve no idea. It’s not part of the normal Luxing Traveling Academy supplies. I can’t just get it for you. Maybe you could buy some at the market? Oh!”

Lu An’s face brightens and she holds up her writing feather triumphantly, “You could post a request in the Job Hall. I don’t know how much you’d have to offer though.”

You smile back as you run your fingers through your bear brother’s thick fur. “That’s okay. I saw a job posting in the job hall for it once. I couldn’t read it then but I remember what the symbol looked like. They were offering 2 quartz VEAs per liter.”

Lu an writes down some more notes as she makes some calculations. “1 Liter a week would work out to 10 Quartz VEAs a month, or 2-3 Diamond VEAs, or 10CP. Actually, if you ask for three one-liter bottles at a time you could probably offer just a diamond VEA in which case you’d only need 2 Diamond VEAs which would work out to 6CP a month or 6 extra days a month spent Healing. Or one to two days doing the higher value job hall tasks a month. Or you could try gathering it yourself. Since all your monthly VEAs are going towards cultivating, the funds have to come from your savings or you’ll need to plan to earn more somehow. If you spend all your VEAs on honey you’ve got enough for 4-6 months worth. You’ll be expected to provide the bottles, and you’ll want to get hardened bottles made by a twice-born so they don’t get broken. Luxing Traveling Academy buys them by the crate load. You can get as many as you need for just an extra quartz or two in startup costs.”

You smile happily, you can afford so much now. You say, “One last thing, I still have Jo An’s Iron Gun (staff). Could I turn that in to Luxing Traveling Academy, or sell it?”

Lu An gasps and covers her mouth. Slowly, she nods her head. “You could… Luxing Traveling Academy would give you CP for it, or you could probably get slightly more VEAs from the market depending on how good you are at negotiating. It’s an unwritten rule to give the original owner first chance to buy their equipment back, though. Have you talked to Jo An yet?”

You and Wotjeo exchange glances. “No…”

Lu An nervously adds, “Well, I trust you to make the right choice and protect me, but if you sell her gun (staff) without talking to her first you will be making an enemy for life. As my Protector, it is your right to make that decision if you think you need the VEAs or CP more.”

Mid Fall - (Nuli, Water Week(5), Day 3)

The next day you make your way to the once-born Hospital. When the once-born in the front area takes you to meet Old-Wupo she cackles and says, “Got a bounce in your step today, twice-born. Good! Good! Lot’s of sick people who need your help.”

You wonder what she is talking about? She can’t possibly have noticed your life dantian. None of your friends or even the other Elders mentioned it. You probably just look excited about your plans to go shopping with Dashuijie later today.

Like the last time you helped at the once-born hospital, you spend the morning curing people of various minor illnesses and then spend all afternoon cutting up dead bodies to gain a better understanding of how they’re put together. It’s fascinating really. People have all these different parts. The hard bones are connected and protected by soft flesh. Some of fleshy bits are even under tension from holding the bones together and snap apart when you cut into them. Neat!

And very, very, very smelly.

Afterwards, you send Lu An to make your apologies to Dashuijie for being late while you head home. You feel bad about missing the meeting time, but you can’t go see her smelling like a double handful of decaying dead people.

You take an extra long shower and rub yourself down with some dried flowers that Lu An brought in halfway through. Finally you think you smell clean enough to be seen in public again and put your silver robe back on before heading to your meeting.

Dashuijie’s long, vivid blue hair spills like a waterfall down her back. The ribbon you bought her is twined through her hair, the purple color beautifully contrasting with the vivid blue of her hair and robes. Today she is wearing vivid blue robes of a subtly different cut and pattern than the last time you saw her. She is sitting at a table, sipping from a cup when Wotjeo and you jog up. She quirks an elegant eyebrow above her deep blue eye at your still damp hair. “At least you had the decency to shower before meeting me, but really, you should have planned better.”

Dashuijie sniffs. “What is that smell?”

You blush and apologize, “Sorry! Sorry! Old Wupo from the once-born hospital was teaching me how to Heal more efficiently. It was smellier than usual today. I showered twice, but I guess I got too used to the smell to notice I hadn’t completely washed it off.”

Dashuijie sniffs again, “As a sister Healer I suppose I can forgive you this time. The first thing you’re buying today is some perfume.”

Dashuijie stands up from the table and glides gracefully towards the market entrance.

You jog after her. Falling in beside her you ask, “What’s perfume?”

Perfume is amazing. You’ve never smelled anything as nice as it. You maybe went a little overboard on picking out scents. The trader told you everything you wanted would be 3 quartz VAEs. You can’t believe the handful of little bottles you picked out cost so much, but Dashuijie bought it for you. “To pay you back for my ribbon the other week.”

Dashuijie leads you to a part of the market you haven’t been before. It’s a permanent looking wooden cave/trader’s stall full of nothing but the rolled up flexible material with writing on it. “This is a scroll seller. If you really want to get better at healing, you should read the stories and lessons from past Healers.”

You look at her skeptically, “Wouldn’t it be better to just spend more time helping people.”

Dashuijie shakes her head. Her long, vivid blue hair stays decorously in place in the middle of her back no matter how she turns. “There are a limited number of people who get hurt each day. You can study these while waiting for the next patient.”

You look at the rolls with sudden interest. “Ohhhhh. Are there scrolls from doctor’s in there too?”

Dashuijie wrinkles her nose distaste. Somehow she manages to make even that gesture look cute and elegant. “Why would you care what they think? No once-born could possibly know as much as a twice-born. They just don’t live long enough to learn anything important.”

The cave owner looks up from the scroll they were reading with interest. She smiles at you and says, “I do indeed have several scrolls written by once-born doctors, as well as a few on healing without madra written by our very own Elder Qianni. Well, I won’t sell you the originals written in her own hand. I could never part with them, but I’ve made a copy I’d be happy to sell you. Only Six Diamond VEAs. Or Six Quartz for one of the once-born documents.”

Dashuijie looks interested at the mention of something written by Elder Qianni, but she still asks, “How much for a beginner’s scroll written by a twice-born?”

The owner's smile broadens, sensing a possible sale, “3 Diamond Veas.”

Next Dashuijie leads you to another store. On the way she explains in a whispered voice. “I saw how excited you were about the training aid my little brother loaned you. You’re not going to be able to find anything of that quality here, but we can look. They’re in very high demand so the prices are likely to be much higher than other options too.”

Even forewarned by Dashuijie, you’re still disappointed by the physical-cultivation aids. The cheapest costs three Diamond VEAs and you barely feel any extra resistance when you try them on. The best is a metal belt studded with quartz crystals. It costs 12 Diamond VEAs and still isn’t close to the quality of the items Lumang loaned you.

Your disappointment only grows when Dashuijie explains why potions aren’t a good option. “The Great Houses and the major houses jealously guard the secrets of how to make potions to increase concentration or improve madra flow. Many alchemists have tried to figure out how to make them on their own, but it always ends in tears. Even the major houses mostly limit potion’s as cultivation aids to the highest ranks. Luxing Traveling Academy is an offshoot of the Yun Great House, so it’s possible they have access to such things, but we won’t find them here.”

You tell her you were given several Nine Hundred Ninety Nine Revelation Elixer and she looks at you disbelieivingly. When you finally convince her its true, she looks at you jealously instead. “I’ve never heard of potions being used on an ancestor-born. Tell me the truth, are you Lianhe Liuxue’s half-sister or something?”

You look at her dumbfounded. Where’d she get a stupid idea like that from. You shake your head no vigorously.

Dashuijie sighs prettily, and tells you, “Then your luck is impossibly good. I suggest you not tell anyone else of your good fortune. They might kill you and drink your blood to claim some of it for their own.”

You look at her with horror and she laughs prettily with her hand hiding her mouth. The sound is only a little unkind. “It wouldn’t work, of course. Some might be tempted to try it anyways, or something else equally foolish.”

Dashuijie sighs prettily, “I admit, I’m hoping some of your good luck might rub off on me.”

You think about what she said, and then repeat what Wotjeo prompts you to say. “Ummm… if you want good luck, you might spend some time helping at the once-born hospital. I can introduce you the first time you go. Elder Qianni likes it when people do that.”

Dashuijie looks at you thoughtfully. “That sounds impossible. Why would an Elder care? Especially one responsible for dragging them all the way out to an insanely dangerous place like this? But much of what you say sounds impossible, yet your rapidly improving strength speaks for itself. Even my little brother has noticed and he can be very dense. I will think on it.”

When you ask the taller girl about something to help protect Wotjeo she looks up at the sky. You follow her gaze and see the leading edge of Night steadily drawing closer to the sun above. “I suppose we can look at one more place, but just one. We’ve already visited more places than I expected to tonight, and I’d like to return home before full dark.”

Your last stop is a jewelry store. According to Dashuijie any armor you want for Wotjeo will have to be custom-made and will cost at least 30 Diamond VEAs. Maybe as much as 100. When you try to argue that your own robes were very expensive she looks at you like you’re an idiot. “Not only am I sure you did not pay the full price for those robes, he’s more than four times your size. Now stop complaining you silly girl and let me help you.”

She explains that the armor would be cheaper if you provided dantians to be used in the construction, but you refuse to even think of hunting and killing spirits just to make something to wear. Your bear brother agrees with about about that. Jewelry though, jewelry Wotjeo can wear. At least earrings. Most of the necklaces are too small to fit around his wide neck, but he could wear them around his paw like a bracelet.

Wotjeo and you don’t find anything perfect, but you do find three options that might be adequate. Even these are very expensive. Either Dashuijie is taking you to the most expensive places in the market or you have a seriously skewed idea of what things cost. The first is a wind-aspected earring that creates strong gusts of wind. They ones you can afford can’t completely block attacks, but do make it easier to dodge or at least less likely to hit something vital. They cost 7 Diamond and 2 Quartz VEAs. The second option is a wood aspected belt that Wotjeo can wear as a necklace. It will quickly stop his wounds from bleeding and costs 8 Diamond and 4 Quartz. There’s a more expensive version that will heal him slowly as well, but it costs nearly 20 Diamond VEAs, well outside your price range. The third and final item you find is a silver necklace with an aquamarine pendant. The water imbuing in it will help Wotjeo be more flexible, making it easier for him to dodge attacks. It costs 5 Diamonds and 3 Quartz. You don’t find anything that will let him bull through attacks unharmed like what you were hoping to find. Not that you can afford.

You wanted to look for robes in your color for Lu An and maybe a gift for Dashuijie, but you ran out of time. Unless you want to get her one of the cheap scrolls you guess. Or maybe make her a copy if you buy one?

I can’t think of any sensible way to do this, so I’m going to try something. Here’s the list of what’s available. You can write in ideas that I might steal for you next shopping trip, but can’t add anything to this trip, it’s too broad and chaotic already. Figure out what you want to buy. I’ll take your purchase plans and convert them into vote options unless a clear consensus emerges.
  • Once-born low-madra healing scroll training add +5% 6 quartz
  • Elder Qianni low-madra healing scroll +15% 6 Diamonds
  • Twice-born Healing scroll +8% 3 diamonds
  • Body Tempering Techniques recipe scroll +5% 6 quartz
  • History of cultivation Xingqi scroll +5% 2 Diamonds
  • Cheap Physical cultivation aid +4% 3 Diamonds
  • Best Physical cultivation aid +8% 12 Diamonds
  • Least wind earring of deflection for Wotjeo 7 Diamond and 2 Quartz
  • Necklace that stops bleeding 8 Diamond and 4 Quartz
  • water bracelet of dodging 5 Diamonds and 3 Quartz
  • Honey - 1 liter / 2 quartz + 1 quartz startup
  • Honey for a month as a once a week treat - 5 liters / 2 Diamond + 1 quartz startup
  • Honey once a day for a month (35 liters) - 12 Diamonds + 3 quartz startup

Experience
You gain 27.3 physical cultivation xp
You gain Low Madra Healing 13.9xp

Changed rank names to be more ~thematic~. Diamond now goes rough, cobbed, high, polished, next tier.

Schedule this week, order not set
Healing Lessons with Zhe Zhuru
Spirit Strength tutor (already paid for)
Lessons with Xue Min
Spar with Lumang and Big Bailei (social version)
Wotjeo said there was a spirit in the “shower” of your wooden cave, go talk to it
C.Cultivate Wotjeo’s and your life dantians. - Needs a vote on where

Schedule next week, order not set
Elder Xingqi
Lessons with Administrator Un
Elder Body Tempering Techniques
Healing Lessons with Zhe Zhuru
Healing Lessons with Old Wupo
1 social action locked - introducing Dashuijie to Old Wupo.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I'm thinking we take the once-born healing scrolls, it seems pretty price efficient. Though I do have to wonder if Elder Qianni might just... give us the expensive option there, if we ask about it. I'd also like the Body Tempering Scroll as well as the water bracelet for Wotjeo.

I'm not so sure about getting a physical cultivation aid. If we do, I'd prefer to get the cheaper option personally.

Obviously we set up some honey for Wotjeo.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Once-born low-madra healing scroll training add +5% 6 quartz
Body Tempering Techniques recipe scroll +5% 6 quartz
Honey for a month as a once a week treat - 5 liters / 2 Diamond + 1 quartz startup

Total: 4 diamond, 3 quartz.

Equipment for wotejo seems to be a bust, we need to find someone who can help him develop a new defensive or mobility madra technique.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

chin up everything sucks posted:

Once-born low-madra healing scroll training add +5% 6 quartz
Body Tempering Techniques recipe scroll +5% 6 quartz
Honey for a month as a once a week treat - 5 liters / 2 Diamond + 1 quartz startup

Total: 4 diamond, 3 quartz.

Equipment for wotejo seems to be a bust, we need to find someone who can help him develop a new defensive or mobility madra technique.
I feel most strongly about the 5 liters of honey, but until I give it more thought I'll second this.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Plan literate and frugal

6 - Once-born low-madra healing scroll
6 - Body tempering techniques scroll
12 – Xingqi scroll
10 - Honey for a month as a once a week treat
Costs 34 quartz

We shouldn’t be any more rude to our fellow healer or to Lu Ann (by dismissing her advice and her clear concerns for her own safety). So, keep the gun for another week and I’ll be voting for her, again, for a social action. I also want to keep the CP deposited, that’s our reserve for tutoring and our emergency savings in case we overspend somewhere else.

That leaves 7 diamonds and 3 quartz. For ease of conversion let’s just use one currency:

38 quartz

Sorry Wotjeo, but the imbued items are all a bit expensive for the moment. Let’s pick up the cheaper scrolls. I bet scrolls only last until we reach a certain skill level and higher quality scrolls also last longer, but they’re cheap xp for now. The low-born and exercise scrolls are a steal and we're not the sort to think there's nothing to learn from a master mortal doctor. The history of cultivation scroll isn’t as cheap, but it also gives us some history lessons on the side and may help us fill in our cultivation gaps right before we start from 0 on the Life dantian.

Let’s try the honey at once a week and see if there are positive effects. If we like it, we can try to make a deal directly with the bees. It's also a nice thing for Wotjeo, who still doesn't get a cool hat.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Plan literate and frugal

12 – Xingqi scroll
Costs 34 quartz

We shouldn’t be any more rude to our fellow healer or to Lu Ann (by dismissing her advice and her clear concerns for her own safety). So, keep the gun for another week and I’ll be voting for her, again, for a social action. I also want to keep the CP deposited, that’s our reserve for tutoring and our emergency savings in case we overspend somewhere else.

That leaves 7 diamonds and 3 quartz. For ease of conversion let’s just use one currency:

38 quartz

Sorry Wotjeo, but the imbued items are all a bit expensive for the moment. Let’s pick up the cheaper scrolls. I bet scrolls only last until we reach a certain skill level and higher quality scrolls also last longer, but they’re cheap xp for now. The low-born and exercise scrolls are a steal and we're not the sort to think there's nothing to learn from a master mortal doctor. The history of cultivation scroll isn’t as cheap, but it also gives us some history lessons on the side and may help us fill in our cultivation gaps right before we start from 0 on the Life dantian.

Let’s try the honey at once a week and see if there are positive effects. If we like it, we can try to make a deal directly with the bees. It's also a nice thing for Wotjeo, who still doesn't get a cool hat.

This sounds good.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Plan literate and frugal

12 – Xingqi scroll
Costs 34 quartz

38 quartz

I'd like to maybe get the water bracelet for him, but I'm sure he would out grow it (probably literally) quickly. We need to get super rich if we wanna start decking each of us out with gear. I wish Qianni provided more for us, darn! Haha.

I really want the qianni scroll not because its particularly good, but because I can see Pumie going 'oh wow it will be almost like learning from her!!!' But we can't swing that cost. Maybe we can bring up with Zhuru that we saw it at the market, and see if he could swing getting us a copy or something similar from Qianni herself. It wouldn't look too susp to get a single copy of a scroll, would it?

Well. Getting a hand made original probably would be very suspicious.

I'm also tempted by the twice born healing scroll, but I think all our healing lessons will be focused on Low Madra healing for the next month. We can always come back to get the scroll later maybe.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 18, 2020

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Per Mr. Pro
Plan literate and frugal

12 – Xingqi scroll
Costs 34 quartz

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Scrolls aren't single-use.

Could we go dutch on a few scrolls with our friend?

Then we could both benefit, as we both heal. Ezpz.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Scrolls aren't single-use.

Could we go dutch on a few scrolls with our friend?

Then we could both benefit, as we both heal. Ezpz.

I was also thinking: I'm guessing she can't copy any madra related ones, but we might be able to swing having Lu An copy a few Body Tempering Technique scrolls, to give to Chew, Bailei, and Zhuque (and Dashuijie if she needs them). She was an administrative assistant servant, with a focus in document copying with impeccable handwriting, iirc?

If we wanna totally flout society's rules, possibly at Lu An's pain, we could also create copies of the Xingqi ones.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

is it possible to just have our minion write a letter to Jo An about selling the staff back?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Tunicate posted:

is it possible to just have our minion write a letter to Jo An about selling the staff back?

This, too, makes a ton of sense. Easy money.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Tunicate posted:

This is a fantastic idea and since we now know letters exist and Lu An knows we have the staff, it should be pretty easy to connect those dots.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Plan literate and frugal

12 – Xingqi scroll
Costs 34 quartz

Works for me.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Plan literate and frugal

12 – Xingqi scroll
Costs 34 quartz

This
Ask Lu An to send Jo An a letter about selling back the gun.
I still want to buy Wotjeo more stuff but I don't know Jo An well enough to be okay with making her an enemy for life. Hopefully we can offload the gun soon. The honey will do for now. Body tempering, xingqi, and low-madra healing scrolls are perfect for our upcoming schedule and the prices seem reasonable.

I hope Qianni is well enough to meet with Pumie soon and can be talked into sharing scrolls because of course Pumie would ask the teacher for homework.

Next time we meet Xue Min and Zhe Zhuru ask them how many VEAs we should be running now. Given Xue Min's specialty I expect her to notice the new dantians and for them to give her increased reason to want to study us, which seems beneficial for both parties.

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Plan literate and frugal

12 – Xingqi scroll
Costs 34 quartz

38 quartz

I will get on the bandwagon

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Make a deal with the bees

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

alpaca diseases posted:

Make a deal with the bees

Yesss. I bet we could try to grow them a meadow eventually or sucker Chewie into growing some flowers into giants, then madra infuse them.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I'm fine with letting others gather the honey for us. We'd have to spend the AP to go make deals and probably to haul it back. With 1 free slot a week... that's a lot to ask. 2 diamonds is, meanwhile, just like 3 weeks? of gathering CP with our schedule set as it is.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Tunicate posted:

Yes, this is fine.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Is there any hard rule on which madra-imbued items require recharging and which ones run (effectively) infinitely? If the defensive items need to be recharged regularly, it reduces their desirability as a future purchase.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

chin up everything sucks posted:

Is there any hard rule on which madra-imbued items require recharging and which ones run (effectively) infinitely? If the defensive items need to be recharged regularly, it reduces their desirability as a future purchase.

All of the items listed don’t need recharging. Limited use and one use items exist, but I don’t like them and I lazily allowed my personal distaste to cause me to exclude them. I’ll try to add a few one-use Wotjeo items tomorrow.

You didn’t see anything that needed elaborate recharging like in the valley. No WoG explanation for why is available at this time.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Does Wotjeo want any of these items? Or does he prefer the honey?

Could Lu An make copies of these scrolls? Or is she forbidden from doing so due to tgeir content?

Up to what rank would the physical cultivation aids work?

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Sep 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Plan literate and frugal
Ask Lu An to send Jo An a letter about selling back the gun