Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

E This is absolutely my jam. For some reason, I just really love a well done cultivation CYOA game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

onsetOutsider posted:

Y'all best believe if E wins then I'll be writing in the option of saying "Is it just me, or is it Suelta-ring in here" at every single choice until it happens.

this is only logical and appropriate

e: if daos are a thing, we must cultivate the dao of the pun

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

BHQX

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

chin up everything sucks posted:

B a girl!

H We are joy incarnate

Q Dance like a butterfly, sting like a crystal shard

X We don't understand the rest of the world, but we understand you!

a fellow Right Voter

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

AH

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

E

And so we emerge victorious in our first battle, having ripped the prize from our enemy. Truly, we are fit for a life of cultivation.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

B The animals talk to Mama and aren't suspicious of her, let's not eat meat and maybe they'll talk to us too

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Wotjeo can eat what he wants though.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

M Fear is the mind killer

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

This is probably both a bravery test and also a test for talent as a cultivator. The shouts from the tribe and crazy reaction probably means a lot of talent, but such a blessing also comes with its own tribulation in a more intense test. Or something.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Metal might be totally intentional, if the type of metal is used as a shorthand for talent or something. And it is on a pyramid of different colored metals, each in a discrete layer, so it seems plausible.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

just walk away, we ain't being lowest rated anything

attend no lessons, spurn our people

Actually just secretly plot our vengeance for this grave miscarriage of justice

e: as a xianxia protagonist we are clearly the most important person here, the matriarch and elders are clearly massive gently caress ups

but no, i bet you we are naturally inclined towards the fire element wheres bears are supposed to be metal element, and this is due to our mother being from a different tribe

SerSpook fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 6, 2019

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

it is the best name

e: but for real i'm mainly poo poo posting and assuming since i didn't actually vote for a name my spite vote won't be considered when a random choice is made, which is for the better

i don't actually care about a name, only spite, so we can be a true xianxia protagonist

:moments:

SerSpook fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 6, 2019

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

4. M He is courting death! He will regret crossing this young mistress!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

I think that's too modern an attitude. We are the Tribe of the Silver Bear, and willingness to fight is praiseworthy.

Not only that, but it's been implied most are biased against us due to our mother. Likely including the Elders. If we roll over here and try to get help from an adult, I don't think it'll do much.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

The instruction is to meditate and wait your turn. The reason to not do that is if you think our teacher is such an rear end in a top hat that he literally won't teach us right when it's our turn.

He is, in fact, such an rear end in a top hat.

B

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Like a proper xianxia protagonist, we start with a scrub clan that hates us because they can't understand our talent and/or cheat item.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, we can work with this guy. He's a dick, especially to us, but he seems to be a dick to all of us to one degree or another. If he was insistent on keeping us down, he'd have fabricated an excuse to toss us out.

Less Severus Snape, more just a bigoted jackass.

e: he probably gave instructions based on the mentality of the students tbh, he seemed able to pretty easily figure out how everyone was doing and what they might need

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

The Matriarch didn't actually seem to object to that, and even said she approved of the marriage though. She's probably the reason we passed the initiation or whatever, instead of being deemed totally worthless.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

A "If you beat up people who make you look stupid, why haven't you beaten yourselves up?"

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

BCDG

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hHDxlm66dE

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

G

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

1. E

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

FJ

e: I missed practicing the technique from the Elder. Absolutely do that, and also swap lessons with Felero. Dreamkeepers sound properly esoteric.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

A

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

we should probably work on our social stats pretty soon, physical too but it's not in too bad a shape, but social is at 3, to physical's 6 and spiritual's 12

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

C

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

D I'm not sure anyone of this age and level will necessarily have an effective counter to the mirror technique, even if they are aware of it. And we are at a size, rest, and hand disadvantage. Also, our spiritual stat is literally twice our physical, and I'm gonna guess that'll help the Dream Mirror land.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I am so glad to see this back.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

CK

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

C+E, also challenge him to a fair fight when both of us are recovered It is the Silver Bear Way.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

B

So, seems we got a much better weapon out of the deal, but we probably won't be able to use the light madra for any special techniques or anything.

We need to find a way to get some cultivation resources. Badly.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

H

Legit willing to die to get the win, fwiw, to keep our family from being exiled.

SerSpook fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 1, 2019

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

1. D

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Being a Healer also has the advantage of not only being high status, but rare and necessary. We have two Healers in the Clan, when we are a Healer it suddenly becomes a lot worse for the Clan if someone like Aracato targets us, meaning people actually care.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

god drat we picked the objectively best choice here

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

DN

tbh most of the punishment pumie was given isn't even that bad, we will almost certainly get access to the caves and such through elder curada or other means when we run out of our reward, even if it was cut by a year. losing out on promotion to tin tier is pretty annoying but, eh, we'll probably be getting that soon anyway

we continue to have picked the best teacher

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Nah, Aracato either abandoned or killed him, I bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

K. Practice Elder Minaro's metal manipulation technique.