Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Has there really been any indication that Nintendo would do more games in the Let's Go style? I enjoyed it and the alternative mechanics of it a lot but it felt like it was a half step exploration for a home console version as they developed Sword and Shield. The Gen 1 games have by far the biggest nostalgic audience and had already been remake straight before so they feel like a fairly unique thing. Its not impossible but I'd be surprised if they kept making them for subsequent generations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Shiroc posted:

Has there really been any indication that Nintendo would do more games in the Let's Go style? I enjoyed it and the alternative mechanics of it a lot but it felt like it was a half step exploration for a home console version as they developed Sword and Shield. The Gen 1 games have by far the biggest nostalgic audience and had already been remake straight before so they feel like a fairly unique thing. Its not impossible but I'd be surprised if they kept making them for subsequent generations.

Let's Go was a jumping on point directed at Pokemon Go players, so a continuation of that with more mainline game features (deeper move pools and more pokemon to choose from) would be a good second step

Plus, Johto with Let's Go's aesthetic would be gorgeous

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Quote posted:

Nice work. Do you have a rationale for picking a partner or are you just winging it?

Preferably someone who can handle some of my team’s weaknesses, but that kinda bit me against Mustard when my team took every hit from his fighting types. Hop’s Zacian was also really hard to take down until it’s defence got lowered from repeated Close Combats.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://www.pokemoncenter.com/product/710-09309/master-ball-by-the-wand-company-preorder

There’s a limited release Master Ball to go alongside the Pokeball announced a little while back.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

bobjr posted:

https://www.pokemoncenter.com/product/710-09309/master-ball-by-the-wand-company-preorder

There’s a limited release Master Ball to go alongside the Pokeball announced a little while back.

Honestly, if it was a luxury ball I would totally drop the money for it.

Why?

Because.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Procrastine posted:

Can't wait for people to get very mad about Let's Go Marill and Let's Go Togepi

Would legit be excited for that. I loved Let's Go.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Shiroc posted:

Let’s Go sold enough that they’re absolutely going to do more games in that style. But probably not anything that would come out in 2021.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Lets go eevee was a better game then shield, so id love them to do more games in that style

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

both were fail

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

main series style remakes for DP and a Let's Go Johto will literally set me up for the rest of the year video game wise

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

A Pokemon Battle Royale

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Electric Phantasm posted:

A Pokemon Battle Royale

why not we already have a pokemon moba

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

both were fail

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Carlosologist posted:

main series style remakes for DP and a Let's Go Johto will literally set me up for the rest of the year video game wise

:hai:

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Looking forward to more info on Pokemon Sleep

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
After Pokemon Unite I’m completely numb to Pokémon announcements but god to explore the haunted chateau again.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

TheHan posted:

After Pokemon Unite I’m completely numb to Pokémon announcements but god to explore the haunted chateau again.

Dead serious it needs to be a proper area unto itself. And on that note the Spring Path being revamped would be genuinely even more unnerving. That music in that place made me feel like something hideous and otherworldly was going to happen at any second. It's like....the most Silent Hill has ever been in a pokemon game if i had to put a word to it.

edit: In retrospect Sinnoh kind of had the most creepy dark places in it out of all pokemon games to date. Like each region usually has a spooky place but Sinnoh had at least three or four if I'm remembering right.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Feb 26, 2021

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

Lets go eevee was a better game then shield, so id love them to do more games in that style

I agree with this post. S/s just dried out for me so quickly. Easily the fastest loss of interest in a title in all 25 years of me playing.

Edit: and even still here I am posting in the mon thread because there is another announcement tomorrow. I am forever cursed to love pokemon.

SpaceCadetBob fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 26, 2021

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

SpaceCadetBob posted:

I agree with this post. S/s just dried out for me so quickly. Easily the fastest loss of interest in a title in all 25 years of me playing.

Edit: and even still here I am posting in the mon thread because there is another announcement tomorrow. I am forever cursed to love pokemon.

Join me in the Poke' pit brother. I have snacks.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I've ended up putting more time into Shield than any other mainline game entirely due to how easy they've made getting 'mons ready for competitive + raids and adventures.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I made a poo poo ton of comp ready mons like I do in every game, just way faster in SwSh, but I probably put less time into battling online than the any of 3ds games.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

In anticipation of getting that good spooky poo poo remade I present you all with this:

https://soundcloud.com/blaziken/from-dusclops-till-dawn-a-halloween-pokemon-tribute-pokemon-reorchestrated

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Shield's postgame is my most played in at least two generations. I''ve gotten my money's worth out of the Wild Area and streamlined competitive prep.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I've put nearly 700 hours into Shield, which is absurd compared to the playtimes I've put into each of the previous games (which normally average like 300 to 500 hours). Predictably a great bulk of it has been gathering resources like money, mints, rare candies to convert into bottle caps and EXP candy to train Pokemon. I've actually lost count of how many I've trained in this generation for my living competitive Pokedex. Right now I've been focusing on training past legendaries, which is something I've never done until now. Especially since it now takes a matter of hours rather then days to train a single Pokemon to its fullest potential.

This is indeed strange since I still consider quite a bit of Sword and Shield to be underbaked and I don't really enjoy doing the main story.

However, I think the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra are massive improvements and I probably would have lost interest in Shield without it.

Zuzie fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Feb 26, 2021

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zuzie posted:

I've put nearly 700 hours into Shield, which is absurd compared to the playtimes I've put into each of the previous games (which normally average like 300 to 500 hours). Predictably a great bulk of it has been gathering resources like money, mints, rare candies to convert into bottle caps and EXP candy to train Pokemon. I've actually lost count of how many I've trained in this generation for my living competitive Pokedex. Right now I've been focusing on training past legendaries, which is something I've never done until now. Especially since it now takes a matter of hours rather then days to train a single Pokemon to its fullest potential.

This is indeed strange since I still consider quite a bit of Sword and Shield to be underbaked and I don't really enjoy doing the main story.

However, I think the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra are massive improvements and I probably would have lost interest in Shield without it.

Sword and Shield's greatest failings are it's story, the fact the developers were clearly not 100% confident with the new open world structure, and they still hesitate to build better sprite models for the pokemon/importing the rest. All the other elements have been massive improvements and I only just recently finished doing everything that could possibly be done in game. It's why I'm so anxious for news there's nothing left for me now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A reliable leaker, person who leaked Direct last week (and very descriptive Blizzcon things) says today's announcement is

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, chibi 3D style with SWSH style battles developed by a third party and an open world feudal (tends to mean samurai) sinnoh RPG by GF in early 22. https://www.reddit.com/user/PracticalBrush12/comments/lsssby/stroke_%C3%A9_man/

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Feb 26, 2021

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

A reliable leaker, person who leaked Direct last week (and very descriptive Blizzcon things) says today's announcement is

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, chibi 3D style with SWSH style battles developed by a third party and an open world feudal (tends to mean samurai) sinnoh RPG by GF in early 22. https://www.reddit.com/user/PracticalBrush12/comments/lsssby/stroke_%C3%A9_man/

that sounds... good? definitely interested to wake up in the morning and see how these look if real given this poo poo is on at like 2 in the morning here and i'm an old who doesn't stay up that late anymore

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The person who leaked this out is extremely reliable, going by their post history. I'm hyped. This sounds exciting.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I’m gonna go to sleep now dreaming of two different games set in my favorite region and when I wake up tomorrow I’ll either be happy or bummed

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Here's some leaked footage as well.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
There's camera footage of the title screen/attract mode on the Discord.

^ beaten.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

wot
Wat
WHat

dang that looks good

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i love Sinnoh, ya'll. Pokemon is good. Cynthiaforever

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh
Huh!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_K6971WmAs

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Ok that’s rad.

The more straightforward remake sounds kinda lame but that leak is rad as hell.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

So Let's Go Sinnoh and Pokemon Conquest 2?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Link's broken, anybody got another source?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Larryb posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/lswme7/reupload/

Definitely not conquest. Looks like an evolution of what they were trying in the wild area. Maybe a middle step between SwSh and the next proper game to test some stuff out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Larryb posted:

They're probably officially revealing it in 2 hours 10 minutes.