Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

That was them lying to you, happy to help.

Isnt this worse???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Well the let's go models were identical to the 3ds ones only uprezzed as far as I know which points to them being taken from the same master doesnt it? I dont think that was a lie.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Cant wait for super sword and shield next year to add 50 more pokemon per version and that being the only new content. :cheerdoge:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I just wish pokemon had a good postgame again. I personally would be happy with just fwiggin 151 pokemon if that was the case.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Man the online stuff for raids is dire. No one ever joins mine and 80% of the time the ones that pop up are already expired.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

SpaceCadetBob posted:

By pop up you mean right after pressing x to refresh stamps?

It only lets me refresh seemingly at random, like every 20mins, otherwise I'm stuck relying on them popping up in my feed naturally.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

What time is considered 'night' exactly, 6pm? 7pm? Trying to get an Obstagoon.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

God please Nintendo do something about how horrifically bad this sticker system is online. Love to be shown raid prompts that were active over 15mins ago for some reason.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Beat the story yesterday. Pretty let down at how uneventful 90% of it is. I'm not expecting much but the fact that there was basically no meaningful "B-plot" and you mostly just walked from gym to gym with nothing interesting happening in between kinda sucked. The climax was cool but it was the only really cool moment in it at all which isn't a good thing.

Only just started the postgame but hearing that it's also a bunch of nothing that takes an hour to finish and then there's literally no new area or anything to do other than Battle Tower and 5 star raids kinda blows.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

combining the villain team 'story' with a gym and having that constitute the entirety of a town, and then having that gym leader not even engage with the big gimmick of the game was inspired corner cutting

Team Skull was such a good deviation from the typical world ending villain group that it's baffling how much they hosed up with Team Yell.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is there any new clothing or hairstyles or anything in the postgame or nah

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's bad to expect more from the most profitable game series in the world.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

Team Yell owns though? They're literally a group of ultras in a game heavily riffing off British football culture. It rules.

They show up like literally 4 times and do nothing of interest at all. The idea behind them is fine, their implementation was complete garbage.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I've done it because I'm a horrible human.

"Honestly, even my own boycott was only meant to last for the initial few weeks because I just didn't want to contribute to their key opening sales."

lmao

Also there's a whole thread of posts of just people posting that they are replaying the old pokemon games instead. It's so good.

I'm not entirely sure why anyone thought a boycott would do anything, especially in this case. If every adult fan boycotted the game it still would be a top seller since kids would be getting it anyways.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Goddamn, you convinced me. Drop GameFreak into a pit, every last lazy developer. How dare they disrespect their fans like this?

#GameFreakLied
#BoycottPokemon
#PokemonDeservesABetterGame

why is it whenever someone brings up any sort of complaint with the game people feel the need to create a strawman like this instead of just responding like a normal person

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

tudabee posted:

I don't understand why we can't let our Pokemon follow us again if they were capable of adding all these overworld Pokemon :sigh:

game freak said around the time of b/w or x/y that they aren't going to do that anymore because it would reduce the 'value' of playing HGSS or whatever

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I genuinely would not be surprised to learn that fashion was meant to only be in x/y but it was too popular for them to not bring forward.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Personally I don't care about dexit that much, or pokemon following you etc. I just want a drat postgame that isn't anemic as gently caress.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I thought YW4 was a top charting game in japan for a while after it came out though? I know sales don't equal quality or anything but that seems a bit at odds.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

It was only the top charting game for a single week before it dropped off the chart. Also the merch sales and interest in the characters absolutely died. They closed the Yokai-exclusive stores and the anime apparently got super-wrecked in ratings after (ironically) they changed the catchy theme song that was maybe responsible for its popularity in the first place.

Oh ok, you're right. Thought I read multiple weeks not just a single one. That's a shame. I tried the demo for the first game and didn't really like it but the move from handheld to console seemed good...Shame that I guess didn't turn out well.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Why does Bede not get a remixed theme. gently caress!!!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think Hop might be the only time I felt bad kicking a rivals rear end. Hes so eager and happy to battle you each time that just one shotting all his pokes everytime he showed up made me feel like I was beating up a child in ways the other rivals never made me feel. Definitely dont think that was the intended takeaway though.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I admire your bravery.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

N and Marnie have done more for gay rights than any other pokemon characters. Dont @ me.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Drive by "Marnie is cool and all, but Bede's theme is a better jam"

It's a crime he doesnt get a remixed theme.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Did they ever fix not being able to get people to join your raids? that was a huge issue at launch. Booted this up for the first time since for the dlc.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

RatHat posted:

Are you sure you're online? I've never had issues with people joining raids.

EDIT: Oh my god you can get Safari balls from the Cram-o-matic.

I was. Whenever I would try abouit 90% of the time itd just search endlessly. And most of the time I tried joining ones that popped up on the feed it'd say they're no longer available.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

RatHat posted:

That just means no one joined your raid, it's not that it's broken.

I mean...This literally happens almost every time and also something people all over the internet talked about at release.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I fell off the first DLC before getting too far but I've been enjoying this one alot. Dynamax Adventures are really neat!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Do you have the full roster of Dyanamx Adventure legendaries from the getgo or do you have to unlock more from doing DLC stuff? Mostly curious since I've been running into the same like 3 alot. Just bad luck?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ah, alright cool. Yeah I was able to get Articuno from talking to the girl so that was nice. Good to know about the UBs though. I really want those so I guess I'll finish up the other things first.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Man I've had not really any issue with any other legendary but Zygarde is a pain. Every time it seems everyone just has the worst possible picks for them and we get blown out at some point once it transforms.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I got owned by hail and fainted Zapdos before catching, it said they fled somewhere else and that just means it'll show back up right?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Do you need to use Beast Balls to capture the UB Dynamax Adventure pokemon?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is there any rhyme or reason for when she gives you a legendary location? Sometimes shes given me one after another and sometimes it's a full day.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Man is my game bugged or something? Peonia literally only gives me a raid for Xirkitree, which I already have. Past 6 times she's been trying to send me back to fight this thing. Even after accepting it and then fighting something else I come back and she does it again!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The Golux posted:

Is it in your party?

It is. Is that the problem?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Doh. Well that's good to know.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The art style is fail since it probably means we won't have any customization or clothing stuff...RIP!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

kater posted:

Wait people dislike swsh?

I was pretty let down by the base game...I don't even care about ugly trees or not having a full dex either.

Crown Tundra was a lot of fun though!