Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gen I's terrible lvl up moveset is somewhat balanced by them letting tons of mons use tons of Tm"s they can't later in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dehry posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MF7LgQ-NWg

Post Malone - Only Wanna Be With You (Pokémon 25th Anniversary)

Samples music from Cianwood City (Pokemon Gold/Silver)

I leave the franchise for 1 generation and this is what they start doing? what in the gently caress.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Infinitum posted:

I am 100% dtf this art style. Similar to Link's Awakening.

I can't watch cause I'm at work but please dear God no.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You're killing me pokemon company, why can't we just have sprites again.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I really like chikorita and wish she wasn't abjectly awful.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Vegetable posted:

An objective ranking of the design of third-evolution fire starters:

1. Charizard
2. Typhlosion
3. Emboar
4. Cinderace
5. Infernape
6. Delphox
7. Incineroar
8. Blaziken

I want to disagree but I cannot, Fire/Fighting hosed that line hard, even the non fire/Fightings look like Fire/Fightings

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I Have zero faith, Nintendo needs to just buy out the drat company and get some people who know what the gently caress they're doing in there

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Please NWS tag that next time, I almost lost my dinner

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Charizard is dope but way overplayed and the least of the Kanto starters. Typholion is dope, but Feraligatr is doper. All the other ones can get hosed, especially SwSh's what the gently caress is that garbage

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Flopsy posted:

These were nintendo 64 games.....

https://doctorguilty.tumblr.com/post/644245225429139457/me-every-time-a-modern-pokemon-game-drops-that

And they're going try and sell us that this poo poo is better.

That's a gamecube game homie

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Barudak posted:

Charizard is half flying so it is an embarrassment but at least it isn't fighting type.
Oh, there's always a chance for another Mega...

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Barudak posted:

I count megas as different pokemon, but yes they could rectify this and give me a pure fire charizard mega

You'll get a fire Fighting and you'll drat well better like it. A jacked darker red Charizard with boxing gloves for some loving reason.

gently caress Mega's if you people wanted to buff less used pokemon maybe don't make half of them starters and poo poo that was already good, and make the designs not total garbage

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

TheHan posted:

Just to be clear, Charizard with boxing gloves...wouldn’t be the coolest thing ever?

The poster with the digimon avatar think that. Digimon World 3 was cool but I got a lot more outta reading the guide than I did outta playing it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Pokemon tells us we should be friends with our partners, digimon tells us that perhaps we could be more than friends....

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Augus posted:

don't try to stand there and act like pokemon is free of sin when lopunny and mega lopunny exist

How could it be sinful, long ago pokemon and humans were able to be wed under the watchful gaze of Arceus.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I wanna know who at game freak had the balls to put that in. Probably masuda

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Explain the safari zone!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

"I saw someone tweet about merch, ergo it's confirmed and here's eight minutes of me rambling"

Ah the pokertuber experience

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Siralim is a good monster raising game

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Is that really all that different from a wild battle in pokemon?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I've been playing Pokemon since blue and the only shiny I've ever gotten was a loving minun. I sent that fucker to the box forever for insulting me like that.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Nate looks like a bro

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

Most boys are ok to good. The only issue is that all girls are great to excellent.

Lyra is the Exception, what a trashfire of a design

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

What kind of insane deranged individual would take Lyra over Kris.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The designs peaked with Leaf.

Truth

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Remove the genderlock on clothing, cowards.

Lol if you think Gamefreak didn't cut clothing in the next game, Please understand.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Man I don't trust anything after they cut follow pokemon and the pokenav, both universally loved and cut without a second thought by the cruel master Masuda

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Does anyone remember Shiny Gold? I always felt bad about how that went down, dude was doing such a good job and the remakes just killed the project. I love HG but I think Shiny gold had a lot of heart and I would've loved to see it seen through to the end

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The Kimono Woman was cool, only her appearance was memorable though otherwise I'd know her name

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Make turn order RNG based on speed, I wanna see competitive lose their poo poo

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Black 2 is the best pokemon game

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Switching to 3D ruined the series.

In their hearts everyone knows this is true

Twelve by Pies posted:

Black/White 2 were the pinnacle of the series and I'm sad we'll never get the PWT ever again.

It's what got me back into the series after how much I disliked Pearl and Diamond, I had such high hopes after seeing how great Black 2 was. So much content. And then gamefreak realized people will buy anything with the Pokemon name slapped on it and went full mediocre.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Anybody defending gamefreak and the pokemon company after ultra sun and moon, let's go, and swsh is totally blinded by their love of the franchise. The games are obviously getting worse, cutting features and mons from previous gens, and have features and graphics totally out of step with the times.

That might be okay if it was a smaller or an indie developer but this is the developers of the most popular and monetizable franchise of all time. We can and should be expecting better from them.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Trozei 2 when

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Despite the Phys/Special split the Gen 4 games were a massive step done from Ruby and Sapphire, and an absolute plunge from Emerald.

Slow rear end gameplay, Ugly graphics, an incredibly annoying region to navigate, horrible and too many legends, The stupid rear end honey tree system, lame gyms, Awful Dex, and it's the gen that had the most useless and ugly Prevos added.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's actually easy to think of new pairs

Dawn/Dusk Anode/cathode.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Almost every mega looked stupid as hell. And they gave them to pokemon who didn't need help staying good. Total failure of a concept

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

They should just make 1 good pokemon game with a good setting and good writing again and a detailed world that the plot actually uses and maybe a combat gimmick that isn't dogshit.

Bring back locations that are bigger than 1 screen.

Masuda posted:

No

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You don't need to remake b/w cause they're perfect already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gen five romhacj that removes rotation and triple battles. The only time game freaks removed a feature and I've been totally chill about it