Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Worst way to die in Samurai Shodown?
Getting eaten by a demon.
Getting hacked apart by a kabuki actor while stage hands dance on your corpse.
Getting crushed by a giant icicle summoned by a little girl.
Having all your major joints broken by a stealthy ninja.
Getting cleaved in two by a drunk rear end in a top hat.
Making the wrong decision twice while Ukyo has you in the corner.
View Results

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The more I play the netplay the more trash I realize it is. Desync issues are common so occasionally me and my opponent will both win the match on our ends. And if two people in a lobby start their match immediately you don't have time to enter a spectate seat so you can't even spectate, and this resets after every match. I honestly cannot recommend this game if you want to netplay until they fix this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah the net play is rear end

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I haven't had a problem with net play. I play my best friend in cali and I'm in fl and we get no lag. course if the player is sitting on wifi poverty net its going to be bad. Im pretty use to roll back from sfv and I don't think this game has that because I had a bad game with one guy and it froze up.

My only real complaint is causal lobbies and not having a ready up button. After a match it kicks everyone including the spectators to the top of the screen and everyone is racing to get into player spots but if the player spots are filled there's no time for ppl to get into the spectator spots before the game starts. Let me chill in the spectator slot.

Game play wise it's a slow fighter which is a breath of fresh air. Also the comback mechanics are balanced and if used or hit are only allowed once in the entire match. Slap on 5 rounds instead of 3 and you learn to not waste your combo breaker before round 1 is over.

zooted heh fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jun 26, 2019

Bitch Twinkles
Nov 5, 2007

HAVE COURAGE PLAY ST MODE
Parry (236 LM) is a free big super (SSM I think it is called?) for most or maybe just all of the cast. This is pretty wild for Yoshitora because it gives all the swords and unlocks the big one. Which means subsequent parries give you like 800 with the big sword. I am going to go on a limb and say parry is generally crazy good in that it starts up very quickly, can be used wherever you can special cancel, and has a very generous active window. Is beaten by lows/throws but also doesn’t put you in counterhit state if I recall.

Jubei’s counters do big dick damage and also follow the same special cancellable rules but put you in CH state. Not feeling crow bro though.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
From what I saw on streams, if you eat a parry, you do have the option of bursting out of the follow up, so be aware of that.

Bitch Twinkles
Nov 5, 2007

inthesto posted:

From what I saw on streams, if you eat a parry, you do have the option of bursting out of the follow up, so be aware of that.

So some quick tests: when I initially played I tried to burst after parry and it did not work. But that is because you can only pop after most of the parry stun is complete it seems? With genjuro this does mean you can burst before the SSM hits but now I gotta test everyone unless they made that super some sort of baseline start up.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Lemon-Lime posted:

Everything is minus, hitstop lasts for years, you commit hard to every button press. It feels super weighty and really good, and it's really fun to play, but it's not a random anime FG where you can gatling for days and cancel everything into everything so I'm not surprised that some people don't like how it feels.

This is awesome news. I'm really hype to play it this weekend after GDQ.

night slime
May 14, 2014
Playing the demo and Ukyo can move around with yellow sparks coming out of him sometimes but it doesn't appear to be a move or at least listed in the movelist. What is it?

Bitch Twinkles
Nov 5, 2007

night slime posted:

Playing the demo and Ukyo can move around with yellow sparks coming out of him sometimes but it doesn't appear to be a move or at least listed in the movelist. What is it?

Are you talking about the beginning of while running M, he does a goofy effect before the slash.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
This game fuckin' owns, I mean I knew I was going to like it but I got way more hooked on it than I thought I would.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just bought this game cuz I used to love samurai showdown. Game is awesome CB I am very bad. Like “can’t beat the first cpu player in battle” bad. Anyone know where I can learn to play the game? Or whose a ez character?

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I'd say in general in this game, you have to be careful about when to commit to an attack. from what I've seen blocking is very good and whiffing is very bad. if your attack is blocked, you might get punished for it, and if not you probably shouldn't try pressing again in that moment because you'll get counter-hit before the next one comes out. if your attack whiffs entirely, you can eat a huge damage punish for it.

a decent level 0 strategy is to play haohmaru and stand/walk around just outside your heavy slash range. then you can press standing heavy slash against people whiffing or moving forward into range. if you block a heavy attack you can probably at least poke at them with standing medium. if they jump at you you can DP or hit them with something like down heavy

add me if you have a decent connection to west coast- PSN: phdhamster

dhamster fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 11, 2019

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks I’ll add ya and check that out even though I’m bad I still enjoy the methodical pace to the game.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dhamster posted:

I'd say in general in this game, you have to be careful about when to commit to an attack. from what I've seen blocking is very good and whiffing is very bad. if your attack is blocked, you might get punished for it, and if not you probably shouldn't try pressing again in that moment because you'll get counter-hit before the next one comes out. if your attack whiffs entirely, you can eat a huge damage punish for it.

a decent level 0 strategy is to play haohmaru and stand/walk around just outside your heavy slash range. then you can press standing heavy slash against people whiffing or moving forward into range. if you block a heavy attack you can probably at least poke at them with standing medium. if they jump at you you can DP or hit them with something like down heavy

add me if you have a decent connection to west coast- PSN: phdhamster

This was awesome tips I was able to totally turn away my gameplay and could actually win!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
hell yeah!!