Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

MajorBonnet posted:

I started watching this and Continuum around the same time and they are now associated in my head, although the only real connection is they're both time travel shows with about the same level of production value. But if you like one, you might like the other.

I loved continuum so I'm scared to start travelers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

I mean how many millions can a few people carry by hand anyway lol movies dumb

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

kingdom really owned

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

is it a bad or good movie. cgis dogs sound like an auto fail

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

I just watched it and Emma stone carried, could have been worse

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

I mean the baroness is literally a serial killer and cruella can't even murk a fake dog, sad

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Just want to say thanks for those who mentioned Travelers (Netflix). It is not prestige TV but holy poo poo did I enjoy it, start to finish, despite its flaws. One of the most satisfying finales of any show I've come across. I'm going to be thinking about it for a long time.

watch continuum now

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

I watched it a couple years back and I was sad when it was cancelled. Great show.

Okay, 12 monkeys then!!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

i thought midsommar was pretty funny actually, hereditary is too scary.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

yeah 2020 can kiss my rear end

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Desperado Bones posted:

I loving love the nightmarish boring office aesthetic with the dated machinery. I swear I can smell the old paper and dampness of the dirty A/C. Like someone pointed out in the TV thread, all it's missing is everyone smoking.

10/10

Brazil aesthetic

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

everyone knows that if you want to fix a timeline you send future Canadians back in time

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

I just started this movie and god drat is it cornball as poo poo lmao, but I'll watch it till the end

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

it's insanely long given the quality

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

it was stupid as poo poo but fine if you're bored

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

there were 3 reloads in the entire movie!!!!!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Smythe posted:

warrior was so sick

ive had a crush on the baroness since i was 10 or whatever when u become horn't

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Watched a couple episodes of Patriot. I'm definitely on board. I don't know if I fully understand the level of praise quite yet, but it's very good regardless and I am still early on so maybe I'll understand why people think it's a goat soon enough. It's a pretty hard show to categorize. It's sort of like...If Wes Anderson was less self indulgent, not twee and very violent? I dunno lol.

It took me like 4 eps to understand the vibe and then it switched over to being one my favorite shows in a long rear end time

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

without knowing anything the fans absolutely deserved that rear end whooping for one reason or anther

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

the last kingdom rocks and I'm extremely happy it's getting one more season. 5 feels about perfect.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Motherland fort salem wasn't that bad, I'll watch the third season.

I want the last kingdom season 5 now

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

david_a posted:

I was mainly interested in this one because of Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

shes a good badass

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I'm assuming Kate is way better than Jolt tho, right?
Right????
Like at least a couple cool action scenes?
Jolt was totally worthless.

I didn't see jolt but Kate for sure had some cool action scenes.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm curious to why "TV" series keep getting bigger and bigger budgets despite ratings being far lower than previously? I realize that most stuff is on streaming services but I can't imagine that subscriber count and the few million viewers on prime time could compete with the tens of millions of people who watched hit shows back in the 90s and prior.

money isn't real

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

One thing Atomic Blonde did insanely well is the weight and impact of the violence, some of the best I've ever seen

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

The actress who plays the bot in this Russian Netflix show Better than us is insanely good holy poo poo

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

I'm serious, Better than us rocks

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

props to the actress who plays Arisa in Better than us, who doesn't blink in a single scene and plays an insanely convincing robo

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Crows Turn Off posted:

You've said this a few times now. So I'm acknowledging it. :cheeky:

Finally, that's all I wanted. It rocks. Never watched a Russian show before and I'm extremely surprised at how well they developed a believable alternate tech reality. Acting is solid, legit budget, I'm enjoying it.

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Sep 20, 2021

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Squib Game

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Buttchocks posted:

The most hilarious thing about Squid Games is that the mega-rich dude's response to being annoyed at the social inequality he helped create is to spend billions of dollars to build a bloodsport arena on a private island where the employees live in prison-like conditions, all so that one person once a year can also become rich at the expense of hundreds of other people's lives, and that he does this because it's more entertaining than actually doing something about social inequality. It's billionaire.mpg

It rocks

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

The Modern Leper posted:

I'm not saying she deserves to win, but it's so ridiculous that Diane Guerrero isn't even in a CONVERSATION for an Emmy 3 seasons into Doom Patrol.

Yeah she fuckin rocks

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

teagone posted:

Squid Game was alright. Lol capitalism. The VIP actors were loving terrible and nearly ruined the show for me. [edit] And also, what does 456 plan to do at the end? Lmao at him trying to be all badass and topple the 1% on his own. Lolol.

Yeah they were seriously horrendous it was really fuckin weird tbh

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Another foreign suggestion: Better than us

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

It's a good show but the English speakers are so loving bad it's insane

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Kingdom really rocked

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Are fan made subs a thing?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I watched the first episode of Goliath based on enthusiasm for the show maybe in this thread but somewhere on the forums. It was ok but really nothing too original. Does it get better, worth continuing with or is the first episode pretty representative of the whole series?

I remember like 0 specifics about the first season but I think it's a good show anyway

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

FFing through poo poo you don't want to watch owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

The last kingdom rocks